Author Internet Streaming Question  (Read 2379 times)

Internet Streaming Question
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:45:02 AM »
Looking at starting my own stream on TuneIn, can anyone give suggestions on what kind of hardware/software I will need, as well as cost involved?

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 12:49:43 AM »
What kind of stream?

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 12:53:30 AM »
Something similar to Fine Art, but a combination of music and talk. . .possibly my own show as well.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 01:03:57 AM »
You want it to run 24/7? And can you afford to spend any money upfront? You're going to need a spare computer with a good sound card, a good mixer capable of mix-minus, and an array of software. I'll give a more detailed reply later.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:04:42 AM »
Are you planning on streaming art bell?

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 01:09:31 AM »
That's already on Fine Art--what I'm thinking of is more of a live open forum for subjects talked about on Coast (think: before Snorey) and local talk and music.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 01:37:01 AM »
id recommend finding a reasonable shoutcast stream host and then using an older computer to broadcast from. that way you can keep your costs low and still have a large capacity.

If you'd need a server to broadcast to, let me know. I could do it for free. I have a lot of spare bandwidth on my server. Already relaying u7 and funky's streams 24/7.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 02:15:05 AM »

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 08:44:20 AM »
id recommend finding a reasonable shoutcast stream host and then using an older computer to broadcast from. that way you can keep your costs low and still have a large capacity.

If you'd need a server to broadcast to, let me know. I could do it for free. I have a lot of spare bandwidth on my server. Already relaying u7 and funky's streams 24/7.

Thank you willidee

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »

traitor.
 :)

well, fineart has 10,000 slots already, so i figured they wouldn't need any of my bandwidth ;)

MV, do you still have a large Art Bell collection?

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »

well, fineart has 10,000 slots already, so i figured they wouldn't need any of my bandwidth ;)

MV, do you still have a large Art Bell collection?

i do, but i'd recommend against streaming art bell.  there are already plenty of people doing it, and the only person doing it well is linden.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »
Yeah, u7 does repeat somewhat often. Fineart really is a great stream.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
Are you planning on streaming art bell?

MV, is that Michael Bolton in your avatar?

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »
Hey East of the Rockies if your still interested I'd be willing to do it with you. We could split the costs and considering I known a lot about about computers I could help you build a dedicated streaming computer for under $300. I had been looking into moving my show from blog talk radio because of the cost and the poor audio quality not to mention like 100 other limitations.   :D

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 01:12:55 AM »

MV, is that Michael Bolton in your avatar?

Heh heh, no. Syd Barrett.

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 01:28:30 AM »
Heh heh, no. Syd Barrett.

You can't convince me that that isn't a picture of Paul Stanley, MV.  I had no idea how much I disliked him until this moment.

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 01:55:45 AM »

You can't convince me that that isn't a picture of Paul Stanley, MV.  I had no idea how much I disliked him until this moment.

i have never told a lie on this forum.  not once, ever.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »
Hey East of the Rockies if your still interested I'd be willing to do it with you. We could split the costs and considering I known a lot about about computers I could help you build a dedicated streaming computer for under $300. I had been looking into moving my show from blog talk radio because of the cost and the poor audio quality not to mention like 100 other limitations.   :D

my offer is still good, i can do 150 slots for free, only a few bucks for more. let me know