• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

12/8 is "Pretend-To-Be-A-Time-Traveler Day"

Started by Sardondi, December 08, 2012, 01:00:44 PM

Sardondi

This is so wonderfully naughty: December 8 has been declared Pretend-to-be-a-Time-Traveler Day. http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2007/12/pretend-to-be-a/

It won't work standing on a street corner saying, "I am a time traveler." But just imagine how you'd feel if you were talking with a small group and in bursts an oddly dressed guy who looks panicked. He screams, "WHAT YEAR IS IT?!"; and when you tell him, he says, "There's still time!!!!", and runs away. This is almost precisely what Jason Offutt reports happened some years ago in a Missouri gas station.

"WIRED" brings us the Time-Traveler Day story, and they suggest some pretty good scenarii which vary according to dressing up as if you came from a) the utopian future; b) the dystopian future; or c) the past. Check it out.

ItsOver

How appropriate.  Remember this supposed time traveler  ::), Andrew Basiago?  He was on "Ground Zero" last night. 

Time Traveler, Andrew Basiago at Gettysburg 1863 Part 2

I surprised he doesn't claim to have gone back in time to be involved with P.T. Barnum.  ::)

ChewMouse

hahaha!!

This one from the dystopian future is my favorite:

Stand in front of a statue (any statue, really), fall to your knees, and yell "NOOOOOOOOO"

I'd have to have a friend to do this with and I'm quite sure none would. So I'd probably get picked up and our King is not a very kindly soul.

ziznak

I already run around looking like the dystopian psychopath prisoner sans the armor.  awesome ideas tho!

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on December 08, 2012, 01:16:58 PM
How appropriate.  Remember this supposed time traveler  ::), Andrew Basiago?  He was on "Ground Zero" last night. 
yeah, Basiago also appeared a couple weeks ago on a new episode of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory.

LacyWoodrow

If I could travel in time I'd travel to Detriot of October 1949, and kick George Ralph Noory Sr in the nut saq.

ItsOver

Lacy, just play Noory Sr. a recording of Noory Jr. doing C2C.  On second thought, kick away.  Your plan is more humane.  ;)