Started by 999, December 04, 2012, 10:33:57 AM

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Em Vee on December 12, 2012, 07:44:53 PM
everyone advances through blowjobs.

That makes three votes for oral sex.

(Not) George Noory: "What's *that*; dirty talk?"

ericdxx

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 12, 2012, 07:06:32 PM
        As one of the poor souls in that market, Roth's audition was actually mornings on classic rock station WZLX in the spring of 2005. He was pretty bad...but managed, somehow, to be worse on the syndicated show in '06. What a disaster.

But he'd be working with Eddie again within a year...so it worked out.

Dude you're lucky to have been there and heard that.
I will forever wonder how great that Boston show must have been for them to hire that trainwreck. Roth was on in mornings on the entire east coast pretty much. All big cities.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ericdxx on December 18, 2012, 06:06:52 AM
Dude you're lucky to have been there and heard that.
I will forever wonder how great that Boston show must have been for them to hire that trainwreck. Roth was on in mornings on the entire east coast pretty much. All big cities.

Considering that Stern told CBS he was leaving about 2 years before he did, they had all the time in the world and chose...Roth!!!. On his WZLX tryout he had to play music, so it wasn't 4 hoours of just rambling foolishness like the syndicated show was.
          I think it may have been a set up. O&A were probably the original choice, but CBS were possibly leery of directly replacing Stern with them so quickly. Let Roth flop for four months..then bring them in as heroes.

El Kragen

I'm surprised that by this time no recordings of sNoory as "the Nighthawk" have surfaced. I've always been curious to how he sounded doing a small knock-off program. I'm guessing he was so insignificant that no one taped any shows. He probably has stacks of cassette tapes in his garage though.

Perhaps it is due to his masculinity after working out with that x or whatever it was supplement that made him look like some ex-professional wrestler that's been off the roids for two decades and has biceps ironically similar to tits? Alpha males.....

smitty9999

Quote from: 999 on December 04, 2012, 10:33:57 AM
Seriously - does anyone know how GN was hired? What process?
Granted, he was a lot better at the beginning of his tenure at C2C, but he's such a terrible radio host it's hard to imagine that there was any in-depth scrutiny during the hiring process.

George gets it.

George does not get it and was clearly playing games when hired. 
I lived in St Louis and listened to his Nighthawk program while waiting for Coast to start back int he day.  His one saving grace was that he NEVER said no to hosting Coast even after he had done 4 hours on his show.  He would often get a call that Art's back was bad and Art could not do the show, he would do the show on one hour notice.

When he started he was highly produced and run by the folks Art had hired in the Northwest, eventually he got more control of the show and fired all the folks in the Northwest.  He absolutely ruined the show at that point.  Turns our every good idea and any preparation was not his doing...what idiot at Premiere missed that?

My understanding is that Ian was picked to be the host for Coast and turned down the opportunity to maintain his show with his wife in Minneapolis, George was the poor second choice.  Awful, as it turned out.

Can't wait to see how well 10-15 year old Art Bell shows do on streaming, I bet they do VERY well.

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2946.0.html

Quote from: somatichypermutation on January 06, 2013, 09:02:37 AM
...what idiot at Premiere missed that?...

All of them

Quote from: somatichypermutation on January 06, 2013, 09:02:37 AM
... My understanding is that Ian was picked to be the host for Coast and turned down the opportunity to maintain his show with his wife in Minneapolis...

Yep, that's Ian.  Probably something about 'fairness' and making sure he was precise in changing every other diaper

Juan

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 06, 2013, 09:02:37 AM
When he started he was highly produced and run by the folks Art had hired in the Northwest, eventually he got more control of the show and fired all the folks in the Northwest.  He absolutely ruined the show at that point.  Turns our every good idea and any preparation was not his doing...what idiot at Premiere missed that?
sNoory didn't make the changes - Cheap Channel did as part of its radio consolidation. I think Jorch got the job, in part, because he agreed to move to LA and do the show under the close supervision of the corporate suits. 

We've read on coastgab the comments of several folks who listened to sNoory's show in St. Louis, and all, so far, have said that it was better than Jorch's coast.  A lot of times, if a show's host doesn't have a lot of personality, the show takes on the personality of the producer.  I wonder who sNoory's producer was in St. Louis.  Coast now seems to have the personality of a corporate committee.

He was better in St Louis, and he was better in his early Coast iteration.  In those iterations he was attempting to be the next Art Bell, he copied alot of Art's open attitude toward callers and let the callers drive the show in many cases.  He also had a wider range of guests and did local topical stuff unrelated to weird science or UFOs in St. Louis.

I think George got completely off track when he decided he was smart enough to go with his own ideas, all the wacky shows on vitamins and supplements and anti-GMO made up crap fits exactly with is vitamin obsession and his chasing of much younger women.  He was so arrogant on these shows in particular, like he was going to save us!  I do not get saved by nutballs with limited education, nor do others as a general rule.  Just my thoughts, but I think he has alot of power over the show and he personally took it off track.

As for the right wing move now, he has been anti-Obama and borderline right wing nutty for a long time.  Remember when he did a listener study and was shocked to find alot of his audience was left wing?  I think he did the study as he planned to go political and right wing a long time ago, that is who he really is.  I bet he watches Fox and listens to Rush...

Also, as explanation, the St. Louis station was a small time AM station with limited range.  I think it gave away 50% or more of itself to land a carriage contract with the St. Louis Cardinals.  Norry was pretty small time prior to Coast.

"After 51 years of Gibraltar-like stability with KMOX, the club announced in August 2005 that they were buying 50 percent of KTRS and moving the broadcasts there beginning in 2006. But indications now are strong that Cards games will be on another St. Louis station next year, with KTRS at most sharing the broadcasts."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinals-mull-bids-from-kmox-wxos/article_08db0d41-4fca-53a4-9be0-e207dec8c1ee.html

The Cards are back to KMOX now.  It seems the Cards still retain their stake in KTRS and it has the highest rated afternoon show in town, a big step up from where it was when George was there.  It also carries Coast.

Meanandnasty

He destroys everything he comes into existance with.  He searchs for the truth, but he himself cannot tell the truth.  He says he wants to set up a trust fund to help peoplel, but you can be sure that the tax advantages to him will be greater than any assistance he gives anyone.  He puts on an act on the air, yet he cannot say a kind word to a person in distress.  What you have is someone on the air now that is as shallow as the show. I don't know how he got hire, but he should be unhired beginning tomorrow. 

I never listened to him in St. Louis.  I too thought he was better when he first started.  Also, his persona was better.  He was not so into himself.  Now, everything is me, me, me and more me.
What I mean is you cannot just enjoy Coast for the sake of Coast.  First you have to fork out money to be a Coast Insider.  Second, you have to fork out more money for Giam tv or whatever it is referred to as.  Then, the events, you have to pay for the events.  I will never lay down a dollar to see the man.

Fake hair and vitamin supplements do not make a man of substance.  Also, all of the money and success do not make character.  It is all in how you treat people and I have read stories on line as to some very unsavory things that Noory and company have done to fans.  This is just when I have read on some forums such as FF and some other one that is no longer there. 

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 06, 2013, 02:13:28 PM
... As for the right wing move now, he has been anti-Obama and borderline right wing nutty for a long time...

Being anti-Obama doesn't mean one is necessarily 'Right-Wing'. 

We are talking about a person that spent 20 years in Rev. Wright's racist, Marxist, Black-Liberation Theology church (think about what that says about the guy).  A President that has stated he want to 'fundamentally change' the United States - and is doing his best to do so (do ALL 'moderates' and even left wingers go along with this idea?).  A President who is very naive (at best) about the non-al Qaeda terror groups - including giving them enormous access and influence.  And a President who with his party controlling both branches of Congress has given us $1.5 Trillion in annual deficits.

One has to be 'right wing' to be concerned with some of this and oppose the rest? 

And by the way - just because you don't like George's politics it doesn't make them 'right wing' either.  As a 'right winger',  I don't recognize much George says that I agree with either.  How about he's just a moron, and picks out the nuttiest stuff from the kooks on the Left and the Right?

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 06, 2013, 05:18:27 PM

....And by the way - just because you don't like George's politics it doesn't make them 'right wing' either.  As a 'right winger',  I don't recognize much George says that I agree with either.  How about he's just a moron, and picks out the nuttiest stuff from the kooks on the Left and the Right?

P*B, your "he's just a moron" comment reminded me of the classic Three Stooges parody of Hitler and Nazi Germany, only The Stooges are in the country of Moronika.  Maybe if Jorge digs deeper into Ancestry.com, he'll find his real roots are there.   ;D

True, being for or against a politician does not mean you agree or disagree with their politics on a perse basis.  That said, I believe George is right wing based on his comments on Coast and his prior St. Louis radio show, his clear want of someone other than a Democrat to win most offices, and his love of right wing crazy rural Missouri.

As for Obama, he talked about Wright but he never goes to church so the likelihood Wright acted as a true mentor is nil.  His true mentor's were lefties, but they were at Harvard.  At least get the story right, and don't get it from Rush or Glenn or Hannity.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 06, 2013, 05:18:27 PM
A President who is very naive (at best) about the non-al Qaeda terror groups - including giving them enormous access and influence. 

Really? The same Al Qaeda terror groups that were formed by previous US administrations. The ones formed to fight the Soviet army in the 80's; funded and supplied by the CIA..That's why IED's are in Afghanistan are so sophisticated...the ones making them had good teachers, they didn't suddenly wake up one morning knowing how to disguise an IED as a rock. Bush employed Bin Laden, ensured his family were out of the USA on the 12th September 2001, when all other flights were grounded...why might that be?

Now...who exactly who has Obama entertained? Muslims or terrorists? Or in your mind are they one and the same? And as I've asked before, if he entertained the Dalai  lama, does that make him partial to Buddism? The Pope, a raving Roman Catholic? I'm sure Tom Cruise must have come into contact with Obama, so that must make him sympathetic to Scientologists?  Look back at previous presidents...Look up the people they've entertained..Many with atrocious records of human rights in their own countries. House of Saud...Syria's Assad was patronised by previous US presidents and foreign secretaries..List goes on..

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2013, 08:06:51 AM

Really? The same Al Qaeda terror groups that were formed by previous US administrations. The ones formed to fight the Soviet army in the 80's; funded and supplied by the CIA..That's why IED's are in Afghanistan are so sophisticated...the ones making them had good teachers, they didn't suddenly wake up one morning knowing how to disguise an IED as a rock. Bush employed Bin Laden, ensured his family were out of the USA on the 12th September 2001, when all other flights were grounded...why might that be?

Now...who exactly who has Obama entertained? Muslims or terrorists? Or in your mind are they one and the same? And as I've asked before, if he entertained the Dalai  lama, does that make him partial to Buddism? The Pope, a raving Roman Catholic? I'm sure Tom Cruise must have come into contact with Obama, so that must make him sympathetic to Scientologists?  Look back at previous presidents...Look up the people they've entertained..Many with atrocious records of human rights in their own countries. House of Saud...Syria's Assad was patronised by previous US presidents and foreign secretaries..List goes on..

The greatly informed Pud rises again.

Let me help you out with al-Qaeda.  When the mujahideen came together to fight the Soviets in the '80s, they were from various tribes in Afganistan (see your post regarding tribalism is Syria), they were not formed by anyone to fight, they were a loose coalition of tribal militia and 'foreign fighters' that rose up to oppose Soviet agression.  The US, through the CIA, funneled funds and weapons to them primarily through Pakistan's ISI.  Among the foreign fighters was an insignificant young man at the time named Osama bin Laden.  He was the son of a rich man in Saudi Arabia, and used some of that money to help arm the mujahideen.  He brought money, he didn't get money from the US or anyone else.  He formed al-Qaeda in 1988, the Soviets left in 1989, and bin Laden returned to Saudi Arabia in 1989 as well.

So much for the US creating al-Qaeda and giving them money.  But somehow I think you're still going to cling to that no matter what the facts are.

After the Soviets left, the various smaller groups went home and some of the larger groups fought on to control the central government.  The US was no longer involved. 

At some point a mullah from a small village named Mohommed Omar formed a movement and an army - with the backing of, again, Pakistan's ISI - called the Talibs (students) or Taliban.  They ended up controling most of Afganistan, were an awful, Sharia based, repressive regime - but were still fighting a coalition of mostly non-ethnic Afgans called the Northern Alliance as of 9/11.

Bin Laden became radicalized 1990 when Bush I attacked Iraq in Kuwait, putting Iraqi forces near the Saudi border.  Saddam Husein's appeal for Arabic support also fed into his radicalism.

His movement became terroristic, he ended up in The Sudan - and was famously offered to Bill Clinton by the Sudanese government, Bill refused to take him - then fled to the mostly ungoverned rural Afganistan.

Who exactly has Obama entertained?  White House officials have admitted to hundreds of face to face meetings with CAIR.  The Muslim Brotherhood has had more than their share of access and influence, not to mention having several of their members holding positions in the Administration.  I believe both these groups have had members convicted of terror related activites with plenty more that have gone unprosecuted.

... Bush employed Bin Laden, ensured his family were out of the USA on the 12th September 2001, when all other flights were grounded...why might that be? ...

I'm not sure Bush 'employed' bin-Laden - the Bush family has financial ties to his father (who has long ago disowned him).

I'm not happy the bin-Ladens were allowed to leave before at least being questioned either, but again, they've disowned Osama years before and had no contact.  I'd like to think Bush did that in the interest of good ties with the Saudis.  It certainly seems clear by now none of those people had anything to do with 9/11, so what is your issue exactly?

... And as I've asked before, if he entertained the Dalai  lama, does that make him partial to Buddism? The Pope, a raving Roman Catholic? I'm sure Tom Cruise must have come into contact with Obama, so that must make him sympathetic to Scientologists?...

Oh, that was a serious question?  I see that now.  The answer is 'no', it doesn't make the President any of those things.  Has he met with the Pope?  I really don't keep up with Obama's daily schedule.  But last I checked the Pope and the Dalai Lama weren't running a death cult targeting the West.  And they hadn't been to the White House for high level meetings hundreds of times or placed their moles in influential positions either.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 07, 2013, 10:26:48 AM
It certainly seems clear by now none of those people had anything to do with 9/11, so what is your issue exactly?

And of course it was known less than 24 hours later they had nothing to do with it! That's some seriously quick and thorough police investigation considering the day before no-one knew what the hell was happening until it happened!  Smells a bit bovine don't you think?

Oh, that was a serious question?  I see that now.  The answer is 'no', it doesn't make the President any of those things.  Has he met with the Pope?  I really don't keep up with Obama's daily schedule.  But last I checked the Pope and the Dalai Lama weren't running a death cult targeting the West.  And they hadn't been to the White House for high level meetings hundreds of times or placed their moles in influential positions either.

Death cult? You mean muslims? Why don't you just say it. And if you have evidence of these 'moles' you really ought to report it to the FBI. They'll not want to be caught out again I'm sure.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: lonevoice on January 07, 2013, 01:53:55 PM
Yabut, how did Jorch get hired?

Maybe he gives great head? Might be worth opening the C2C casting couch thread...

coaster

He got hired through a special needs work program.

ItsOver

Yep, part of PremRat's affirmative action for morons.