• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explain Your User Name

Started by Nucky Nolan, November 20, 2012, 08:32:51 PM

Mine is from a long ago Peanuts strip, with Snoopy as Joe Cool. Wish I could find the strip online somewhere.

Once upon a time, back in the days of hope and glory, there existed on C2C a tribe of  creatures known as the UnscreenedCallers. One day, a band of soulless suit wearing corporate zombies invaded the Unscreened Callers land of C2C, driving them out into the desolation where to this day, on C2C, the Unscreened Caller has become as rare as a unicorn wearing platform sandals.

My username is a tribute to this long ago, oft missed, semi-mythical creature.

coaster

I'm really against people leaving drinks on things without a buffer between the drink itself and the surface its laid upon. Either that or I just pulled this name out of my ass when I joined the site.

BobGrau

Quote from: coaster on January 13, 2013, 04:35:48 PM
I'm really against people leaving drinks on things without a buffer between the drink itself and the surface its laid upon. Either that or I just pulled this name out of my ass when I joined the site.

...You had a coaster in your ass?
...with your name written on it?

...is this what you all mean by "george's 3x5's?"

timpate

This is my name. No reason other then that! :'(  Damn I suck.

The General

Quote from: timpate on January 13, 2013, 09:31:03 PM
This is my name. No reason other then that! :'(  Damn I suck.
But is your avatar your real picture?  It's a dandy.

Baal

Favourite character from a long gone tv show.....

ziznak

Quote from: BobGrau on January 13, 2013, 07:05:57 PM

HA beat me to the punch here. well played old chap... well played.

yodaterrell

I have always struggled with coming up with unique usernames on websites.  I am a huge Star Wars fan.  One day I when I was on a website, I saw someone's username was yodabob.  From the time I saw that, yodaterrell has been my username on everything else.  Like my playstation, and xbox accounts. 

Falkie2013

I'm an old time board and rpg gamer & a fan of military science fiction including the books by David Drake, Gordon Dickson and Jerry Pournelle. My handle is short for Falkenberg and comes from John Christian Falkenberg, Pournelle's mercenary commander of an alternate US future history.

Falkie2013

Quote from: BobGrau on January 13, 2013, 07:05:57 PM

That's how Jorge recycles all his old beer coasters.

It cheaper than buying tp.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sleepwalker

I fall asleep with my radio on then, about 3 in the morning, still asleep,  walk into walls trying to get away from the voices of Wells and Noory.

Blade Runner.
A prototype Nexus 6.
Nexu(sei)  Sei is 6 in Italian.  It sounded better than 6 in Latin. :)

artfanmoll

Speaks for itself. Funny thing is i created this info several years back, just recently heard the new's(after I've nearly lost hope) and came to this site to login..... User name not found! WOW i must have been gone a long time... Long Time..
Anyhow, i was happy that the site allowed me to use the original name. SO HERE I AM! AND TRULY EXCITED TO CONTINUE THE ADVENTURE! All Aboard! ;D

3OctaveFart

I tend to write in short bursts of gas, usually three at a time.

Manchu8688

Manchu refers to 1/9th infantry Regiment that was at Camp Greaves Korea they are known as the Manchus 86-88 were the years I served on the DMZ with this unit.

Marc.Knight

Marc "the" Knight:   simply a forum pseudonym suitable for a never-ending battle against Noory Suckage.  I'm the one on the right by the way.

Dex

From my favorite Showtime series, Dexter, and for those who do not know, this Dexter is a blood splatter forensics guy who is also a serial killer who kills other serial killers.  Don't judge.  Watch at least 3 episodes of season 1???  It's going into season 8, so whatever, and I believe you'll be slayed, no pun intended.

BigDave

I'm a big guy who's named Dave

Caruthers612

Quote from: BigDave on February 14, 2013, 10:42:09 AM
I'm a big guy who's named Dave

I don't get it. What's the connection.

Tinfoil Hat

One time I was listening to Coast 2 Coast and a friend dropped in. After they listened for a few minutes, they asked what in the heck this was. I explained it was the Tinfoil Hat Network. Great entertainment, but not something one should take too seriously.

Sardondi

Quote from: Caruthers612 on February 25, 2013, 12:15:24 AMI don't get it. What's the connection.
That was your first mistake: assuming there was anything to get.

Surmo

The name of the favorite D&D character I once played, which TSR indicated in one of their books was the Finnish God of Death.  The volume was not completely accurate, but the character lives on [as I come out of the D&D closet].

onan

Quote from: Surmo on March 09, 2013, 06:07:45 PM
The name of the favorite D&D character I once played, which TSR indicated in one of their books was the Finnish God of Death.  The volume was not completely accurate, but the character lives on [as I come out of the D&D closet].

Richard Langly:

QuoteI didn't play Dungeons and Dragons all those years without learning a little something about courage.