• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Unwarrented Email Eve's drop? Are you for it or against it.

Started by LacyWoodrow, November 20, 2012, 01:55:45 PM

LacyWoodrow

By the way I am against it. I feel our emails are personal just as the letters we mail. It's not a matter of if anyone is hiding anything, but if they can do this, what will they move on to next?

This is a benchmark of freedoms.

Eddie Coyle

I just assume they already are and have been from the start. National security ;)

stevesh

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 20, 2012, 02:00:21 PM

I just assume they already are and have been from the start. National security ;)

Yes, the NSA is already reading all of your email. This 'Senate Bill' is just smoke.

Juan

I have a friend who, for years, has included the words "Osama" and "bomb" in all of his emails.
He wants everyone to do it, as a sort of Cloward-Piven plan against the NSA.

Nucky Nolan

I'm against it. It's more proof that we're a bit past the embryonic stage of a police state. Leahy is behind this. He was pressured by the groups representing prosecutors and sheriffs. Don't kid yourselves that most members of either party care that much about the Constitution. They don't. If you want to keep things confidential, write notes to people in your house, and then burn or shred them after they read them. That's the only way to keep things private.

ziznak

Quote from: UFO Fill on November 20, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
I have a friend who, for years, has included the words "Osama" and "bomb" in all of his emails.
He wants everyone to do it, as a sort of Cloward-Piven plan against the NSA.
I used to hide crap in emails using white colored text all the time... I'm sure NSA just gets some sort of text copy readout so even if you whited out "Obama Bombs" that recipients couldnt see the good ol gubment surely still would. 

you can easily defeat the software by using cockney rhyming slang.

LacyWoodrow

I guess what got me was that it will be allow local law enforcement this power. Which means Barney Fife now has the potential ability. Since there are no established watchdog groups, I'm certain this will open a door to misuse by the same people that can be bought in this country.

And why would OSHA need this power? Some of this doesn't make sense.

Juan

Why does Obamacare allow the president, at his sole discretion, to raise a standing army?  That makes no sense to citizens, either.  It probably makes a great deal of sense to government people, though.

BobGrau

Legalise pot and the gov can watch me as much as they like*... I'm sick of deliberately mispelling words like gram or ounce in a text.

*I'd  be wrecked all the time though, so it'd be pretty boring.