• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell-ish Conspiracy/Secret Society/etc related electronic games?

Started by cthulhubunny, July 29, 2008, 12:28:28 PM

cthulhubunny

Years ago I used to have a PC game called "The Drowned God". A typical tag line for this game would go, "What do JFK, the Holy Grail, alien abductions and the tarot have in common?"

It was a fun puzzle/exploration game along the lines of Myst..

Are there any good current games that follow these themes?

If you have a review I'd love to read it.

*Especially* if said game is available on Nintendo DS.

EvB

Quote from: cthulhubunny on July 29, 2008, 12:28:28 PM
Years ago I used to have a PC game called "The Drowned God". A typical tag line for this game would go, "What do JFK, the Holy Grail, alien abductions and the tarot have in common?"

It was a fun puzzle/exploration game along the lines of Myst..

Are there any good current games that follow these themes?

If you have a review I'd love to read it.

*Especially* if said game is available on Nintendo DS.

I'd love a game like this for the PC!

I'm a huge fan of those sorts of games as well. Silent Hill deals with a secret society, sort of. More like a religious cult. Then there's also Condemned 1 & 2 for Xbox 360. I'd also recommend a game called "Shadow of Destiny" to you. It's about time traveling to discover your own murderer. I have a Nintendo DS too, but unfortunately I can't really think of any games like that for it. I'm usually playing Phoenix Wright or Advance Wars, but I'd love more puzzle/adventure/survival horror type games for it.

MV/Liberace!

not trying to take this thread off topic... but i've gotta say i love the nintendoDS.  my favorite thing to play on it is puzzle fighter which actually is a nintendo advance game, but the DS plays both DS and advance games.  unfortunately, my DS is in morocco.  as is my mp3 player.  as is my video camera.  as is my still camera.  as is... well, you get the point.

ok... back on topic...

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 29, 2008, 03:15:34 PM
not trying to take this thread off topic... but i've gotta say i love the nintendoDS.  my favorite thing to play on it is puzzle fighter

Woot! I bought Puzzle Fighter HD for XBox Live Arcade a few months ago. Always loved that game, and it's a blast to play the ranked online matches.

Just wanted to add that real quick. Back on topic indeed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 29, 2008, 03:34:11 PM
Woot! I bought Puzzle Fighter HD for XBox Live Arcade a few months ago.
holy shit!!!  i had no idea they were making that game again... in ANY form!  wow.

cthulhubunny

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 29, 2008, 02:07:03 PM
I'm usually playing Phoenix Wright or Advance Wars, but I'd love more puzzle/adventure/survival horror type games for it.

You may like Dementium: The Ward. I picked up a copy of it on sale for 12 bucks, normally its about 20 - tho I've seen cheaper used ones on Ebay.

I haven't completed it yet, but its a first-person-shooter kind of game where you wake up in an abandoned mad house and piece together clues as to why you're there. You encounter zombies and other creatures, including hordes of flesh eating roaches and creepy ghosts in the children's wing.. It's pretty fun. ;)
(i've run across a lot of videos of the game play in youtube - just search for "dementium the ward ds")

MV/Liberace!

looks pretty good.  reminds me of resident evil... the only game that ever scared me.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 29, 2008, 05:03:25 PM
looks pretty good.  reminds me of resident evil... the only game that ever scared me.

Aww, come on. The Silent Hill games are scary, regardless of how you feel about the movie.  But yes, Resident Evil is scary shit.  Fatal Frame is kinda scary too.  There is a 360 game where you play as a Native American that has to fight aliens, and at certain points in the game, you actually listen to Art Bell broadcasts.  Deus Ex games are pretty cool too.

Quote from: cthulhubunny on July 29, 2008, 04:26:43 PM
You may like Dementium: The Ward. I picked up a copy of it on sale for 12 bucks, normally its about 20 - tho I've seen cheaper used ones on Ebay.

I haven't completed it yet, but its a first-person-shooter kind of game where you wake up in an abandoned mad house and piece together clues as to why you're there. You encounter zombies and other creatures, including hordes of flesh eating roaches and creepy ghosts in the children's wing.. It's pretty fun. ;)
(i've run across a lot of videos of the game play in youtube - just search for "dementium the ward ds")

Yes! Thanks for reminding me about it. Surprisingly to me, IGN gave it a really good rating..it definitely looks worthwhile.

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on July 29, 2008, 08:31:22 PM
Aww, come on. The Silent Hill games are scary, regardless of how you feel about the movie.  But yes, Resident Evil is scary shit.  Fatal Frame is kinda scary too.  There is a 360 game where you play as a Native American that has to fight aliens, and at certain points in the game, you actually listen to Art Bell broadcasts.  Deus Ex games are pretty cool too.

1. The only good thing about the Silent Hill movie was that Pyramid Head was in it. Other than that, as a true fanatic of the games...I can just say that I'm glad I got in to see it for free. Granted, it could have been much worse...but I personally was let down.

2. Resident Evil games are unfortunately not as psychologically scary as Silent Hill, but man, it has some jump moments. Especially in 1 & 2.

3. Fatal Frame rocks. Still haven't played the third one though.

4. The name of the game with Art Bell is "Prey". Never played much of it, but here's a youtube of the soundclip laced over some gameplay. Unfortunately the guy had to do it this way, but you still get to hear the HORRIBLE "caller's" voice acting skills.

http://www.youtube.com/v/jh9IF6JdW3s&hl

5. Deus Ex is 100% certified bad ass.

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 29, 2008, 11:06:41 PM

1. The only good thing about the Silent Hill movie was that Pyramid Head was in it. Other than that, as a true fanatic of the games...I can just say that I'm glad I got in to see it for free. Granted, it could have been much worse...but I personally was let down.

2. Resident Evil games are unfortunately not as psychologically scary as Silent Hill, but man, it has some jump moments. Especially in 1 & 2.

3. Fatal Frame rocks. Still haven't played the third one though.

4. The name of the game with Art Bell is "Prey". Never played much of it, but here's a youtube of the soundclip laced over some gameplay. Unfortunately the guy had to do it this way, but you still get to hear the HORRIBLE "caller's" voice acting skills.

5. Deus Ex is 100% certified bad ass.

Resident Evil 4 is awesome, but nothing was like the first time I had to run around Racoon City with the "rrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrr" in the background.

I haven't played the 3rd Fatal Frame either.  Haven't seen it in any GameStops around these parts.

The Art Bell was the only reason I rented prey.  It was kind of cool, but I wasn't impressed overall.

Silent Hill the movie blew. Why? Because it sucked compared to the games.  And not enough Pyramid Head.