• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sometimes, the "other side" does good

Started by Pragmier, October 08, 2012, 09:45:08 AM

Pragmier

In the spirit of giving credit where credit is due, especially to those we often disagree with, I submit the following exchange between Bill O'Reilly and Charles Krauthammer. Interestingly, later in that show, O'Reilly refused to accept a right-wing guest's talking points and criticized Romney for his dodging an interviewer's question. Kudos to all.

http://www.billoreilly.com/video?chartID=610&vid=67480252308866246

I'm pretty happy with Obama's use of drones to kill these Moslem Jihadi rats. 

Pragmier

John Paulson Donates $100 million to Central Park

Mr. Paulson is the hedge-fund founder/president who famously (infamously to some) made billions betting on the US home mortgage collapse. More recently, his fund was sued over huge losses related to an investment in China. The company his firm invested in was accused of being an institutional fraud and a Ponzi scheme. He contributed  $1 million to Mitt Romney's Super PAC - Restore Our Future. Paulson has also given large sums to NYU and The Center for Responsible Lending, among others.

Jon Hunstman tries to move the GOP back to it's roots as a thinking man's party.  Too bad he failed in his bid to run as their presidential candidate.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/robert-schlesinger/2012/10/19/jon-huntsman-says-the-gop-cant-be-the-anti-science-party

Pragmier

I wish Huntsman would not disappear from the landscape. He seems a good man and was my fav in the Rep field.

Pragmier

Even Pat Robertson Denies the Earth is 6,000 Years Old

“If you fight science, you’re going to lose your children, and I believe in telling it the way it was.” - Robertson on carbon dating & the earth's age.

Never expected this from him! It's about time. He seems to know more about science than some of our elected officials.

Nucky Nolan

Kucinich is a good example of honesty in politics. He says what he truly feels and thinks. He doesn't care about lobbies. He isn't concerned with optics.