• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Open Mind Radio with Bill Jenkins

Started by Blinko, October 05, 2012, 07:28:45 PM

Blinko

anyone remember open mind radio ? was very similar to Art's show and even had some of the same guests.

They had a pretty good show with George meek about the spiricom , used to be on youtube but seems to have vanished.

Robert Monroe - Journeys Out of the Body - KABC circa 1980's 1 of 9

analog kid

Downloaded a lot of old archived shows on the Pirate Bay a few years ago and they were all great and worth a listen.

Hi Everyone,

Help please? I was a frequent guest on Bill Jenkin's KABC show, Open Mind in the late 1980's/1990 or so. I would very much like to contact Bill (after all these years)...I'd like to believe that he would be pleased to hear from me. I've tried Google him and I can't find any contact information. I'd be happy to give my contact info if it were more apropos for him to contact me.

Can someone please help or just point me in the right direction? Thank you kindly, Thomas

WildCard

Quote from: Thomas Jacobson on August 02, 2014, 12:00:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

Help please? I was a frequent guest on Bill Jenkin's KABC show, Open Mind in the late 1980's/1990 or so. I would very much like to contact Bill (after all these years)...I'd like to believe that he would be pleased to hear from me. I've tried Google him and I can't find any contact information. I'd be happy to give my contact info if it were more apropos for him to contact me.

Can someone please help or just point me in the right direction? Thank you kindly, Thomas
Hi Thomas,
I don't know this, but I'd assume he's dead.
But yeah, Jenkins was great.

albrecht

Quote from: Thomas Jacobson on August 02, 2014, 12:00:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

For what it is worth I ran across this http://www.440.com/namesj.html

Bill Jenkins
KLIF [Dallas TX] 1955
KPAL [Palm Springs CA] 1956
KBOX [Dallas] 1958
WIL [St. Louis MO] 1959
KWK [St. Louis] 1960
KMOX [St. Louis] 1964
WYSL [Buffalo NY] 1965
KGBS [Los Angeles CA] 1967
KFWB [LA] 1968
KFI [LA] 1974
KABC [LA] 1978-1991
Now: Retired from radio ... doing independent TV infomercials in Los Angeles, California.
bill.jenkins@usa.net

-No idea if still valid or legit email address but good luck with your quest. He had an interesting show. Can be found on torrents and on archive.org.

Khameleon808

I tried doing a couple searches for BJ after hearing that 800mb+ collection of calls

This is the guy that actually believed putting crystals in his hottub made it cleaner.  So I HAD to find this guy to see what he was currently up to.  There are a few name matches but the guy literally ghosted out.

I still remember his theme song lol    You almost had to have a  full brandy glass and a smoking jacket on to jive into that shit.  If you still never found the file, I'd be more than happy to host it for you.

HumanBeing

A link to a lot of Open Mind with Bill Jenkins radio shows from the 1980's.
There is a nice few shows here but damn I wish there was more out there.

https://archive.org/details/OpenMindWithBillJenkins

I used to listen to Bill Jenkins on KABC. I really liked his shows. Was he doing paranormal radio before Art?

HumanBeing

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 04, 2018, 06:33:50 PM
I used to listen to Bill Jenkins on KABC. I really liked his shows. Was he doing paranormal radio before Art?

Yes. Bill was doing shows in the late 70's and 80's.
AS far as I can tell, Art went from politics to paranormal in the 90's.