• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

iPhone 5 sucks

Started by elbee, September 26, 2012, 05:27:29 AM

elbee

it has the equivilent hardware of a mid range android such as the old galaxy s plus

or the moto razr

it sucks

discuss

McPhallus

I like it.  Lighter, larger screen, thinner, better colors, 4G.  Not revolutionary, but I still prefer the apple system over Hemdroid.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on September 26, 2012, 06:05:14 AM
I like it.  Lighter, larger screen, thinner, better colors, 4G.  Not revolutionary, but I still prefer the apple system over Hemdroid.

Does the build quality feel cheap in comparison to the iPhone 4s? I've heard several people say it does

onan

this is another area that I have a tough time understanding... what difference does it make which phone a person uses to slow me down at the check out line?

McPhallus

Quote from: MV on September 26, 2012, 08:04:54 AM
Does the build quality feel cheap in comparison to the iPhone 4s? I've heard several people say it does

On the black models, all the aluminum (sides and back) is anodized black.  There have been reports of the anodized layer rubbing off with any use, sometimes even right out of the box.  I have the white model (no colored anodization), and on those there are reports of dings and nicks, as if they are all being banged around before shipping.  Fortunately, my white IP5 is flawless.  Apple is denying it, of course, but I predict another Antennagate scenario.

elbee

why does it matter? because the uk press is treating it like the return of christ!

how is the battery life?
did you know it cqnt run data connections and cellular at the same time?

McPhallus

Quote from: onan on September 26, 2012, 08:07:26 AM
this is another area that I have a tough time understanding... what difference does it make which phone a person uses to slow me down at the check out line?

50% keeping up with the joneses, 25% status, 25% new features.

McPhallus

Quote from: EgoFartSnooryBoy on September 26, 2012, 09:36:17 AM
why does it matter? because the uk press is treating it like the return of christ!

how is the battery life?
did you know it cqnt run data connections and cellular at the same time?

The AT&T version (yah, I know, AT&T) has long been able to handle simultaneous voice and data calls.  The battery seems at least as good as the 4S. 

The new cable connector is a shitty deal, though.... they should be REQUIRED to include an adapter for older accessories.  And I'm told even the adapter only does analog audio and no video.

elbee

My friend at work ignored my advice to get the s3 and got the i5

he hates it

selling it to get an s3!