• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

Quote from: WhiteCrow on July 12, 2015, 01:32:14 PM
Don't know why people single Hoagie out for his brand of paranormal nonsense and give others a pass.
While actually I do know why, your somewhat safe from severe criticism if stick mostly to quoting antidotel nonsense of others,  rather developing your own nonsense theories

Who's giving anyone a pass?

Jackstar

Don't know why people single Hoagie out for his brand of paranormal nonsense and give others a pass.

RCH sits near the apex of a significant power bloc. He's been around for decades. Look at some of the forum scientists here who froth at the mouth over him--and they're just armchair trolls. Imagine how people who have had to deal with him IRL have felt.

Jackstar

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 12, 2015, 01:40:10 PM
Who's giving anyone a pass?

Well, you get one, for starters, you fascist corporate shill. Smooch!

Quote from: Jackstar on July 12, 2015, 01:43:36 PM
Well, you get one, for starters, you fascist corporate shill. Smooch!

Awesome, thanks!  and thanks for the kisses.

Don't know why people single Hoagie out for his brand of paranormal nonsense and give others a pass...

Well, for me personally it's because of the sheer number of times he's been on with Art and George, the level and amount of dreck he puts out, the smearing of our space program, and more than anything else the arrogance and smugness.  He's quite detestable. 

For me he's right there at the very bottom of the universe of Coast characters alongside Ed Dames and Whitley Streiber

K_Dubb

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 12, 2015, 12:58:15 PM
LOL. You ever think he comes here and lurks? He must hate me.

If not, I suspect some unofficial embassies from this forum, if they haven't begun already.  He's narcissistic enough that he'll lurk.

Dateline

One of the most memorable shows in recent years for me that I enjoyed was when the space rovers were launched.  Hoagland and Norry co-hosted the show, and it was excellent.

Now, because of some bad production decisions that will not take place.  Someone needs to be fired and it is not the host.  He also is behind some of the rumors on the internet for framing people that I have heard about about at meetings and conferences.  He is a deadweight around the show, like an albatross. 

He should be on administrative leave.

Lilith

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 12, 2015, 02:00:03 PM
.....and more than anything else the arrogance and smugness.  He's quite detestable. 

For me he's right there at the very bottom of the universe of Coast characters alongside Ed Dames and Whitley Streiber

same/same/same

Dateline

And don't forget, Richard C. Hoagland begot Mike Bara. ;D

Quote from: Dateline on July 12, 2015, 03:16:28 PM
Now, because of some bad production decisions that will not take place.  Someone needs to be fired and it is not the host.  He also is behind some of the rumors on the internet for framing people that I have heard about about at meetings and conferences.  He is a deadweight around the show, like an albatross. 

He should be on administrative leave.
Can we just fire them all?
That whole show needs to be put on a M.I.A. or K.I.A. list. There is more talent here on our own members shows than the #1 overnight show in America.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 12, 2015, 03:14:13 PM
If not, I suspect some unofficial embassies from this forum, if they haven't begun already.  He's narcissistic enough that he'll lurk.
Indeed. I do remember some talk about him and Jeorge talking about the haters before. RCH, I'm calling you out right now. Sign up. Art has. Evil Je`orgy has. Nancy Birnes has. Man up RCH. We will be easy on you.

expat

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 12, 2015, 04:24:07 PM
Man up RCH. We will be easy on you.

Don't speak for me, bro. If RCH showed up here I'd ask him why he has written that NASA is "relentless, obsessive" about launching only when the astrology is right, but he can cite only one of the 135 Shuttle launches in support of that theory.

..then I'd ask him why that one launch (STS-88) breaks his own published criteria in four different ways.

http://www.enterprisemission.com/table_of_coincidence.htm

Quote from: expat on July 12, 2015, 04:40:50 PM
Don't speak for me, bro. If RCH showed up here I'd ask him why he has written that NASA is "relentless, obsessive" about launching only when the astrology is right, but he can cite only one of the 135 Shuttle launches in support of that theory.

..then I'd ask him why that one launch (STS-88) breaks his own published criteria in four different ways.

http://www.enterprisemission.com/table_of_coincidence.htm
Our versions of easy differ. My version was basically things like telling him to go suck a dick, flaming him, etc. Basically things I tell Jeorge.
Believe me, I would call RCH out on his science medal, etc as well. Good to see you are still posting expat.

Morgus

There is a bellgab member named "Richard C. Hoagland" but hasn't posted here in years - he started this very thread, just look on page 1, post 1.
Obviously a fake, but now that the real Art is a member and Hoagland has a show on Art/Keith's DM network coming up, that old fake name should be changed to allow the real Hoagland to possibly sign up...

Jackstar

Quote from: Morgus on July 12, 2015, 05:09:55 PM
allow the real Hoagland to possibly sign up...

PLOT TWIST: expat is Hoagland's pseudonym.

trostol

so am listening to the RCH interview and i realized..he really likes to hear himself talk

trostol

also does any one have a link to GN snapping on RCH?

Juan Cena

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 12, 2015, 12:54:45 PM
Haha nothing but a bolo.  I see him more as Hef with his space babes:

I actually wouldn't mind hearing some Les Baxter as C2C/MITD bumper music.

Yorkshire pud

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-33513905

The probe will pass just 12,500km above the dwarf planet on Tuesday at 11:50 GMT (12:50 BST; 07:50 EDT).
The spacecraft will be out of radio contact with Earth when that happens.
All mission controllers can do is wait for the signal from New Horizons confirming it has survived the close encounter and has all the data it was commanded to gather. This message should come through at 00:53 GMT Wednesday (01:53 BST; 20:53 EDT Tuesday).

Muff Cabbage

I like pizza......and strippers   ;D

Jackstar

I'm happy for that guy and his new gig. I rather liked him.

astroguy

I posted this on Expat's blog, but just to reiterate here:

QuoteRe: Tonight's C2C -- It states, "During the program, space historian Robert Zimmerman will provide periodic updates on the Pluto mission, as it happens."  Problem: There will be no updates.  No new images are coming down during the C2C program, no press conference, no releases.  Unveiling of the final image to come down before the encounter will be about 6AM (I think?) or possibly 8AM EDT on Tuesday morning.  After C2C is off-air.

Quote from: astroguy on July 13, 2015, 02:46:57 PM
I posted this on Expat's blog, but just to reiterate here:

It's going to be pretty difficult to scoop Richard C.'s DMRN program when the events haven't happened yet, but you know George has to try.  You can also be pretty certain he wouldn't give a flying fig about Pluto if it wasn't to upstage Dick and Art.