• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

FUNCTION RANDOM - All Things Technological On Your Mind

Started by Camazotz Automat, August 17, 2012, 04:04:35 AM

Jackstar

I originally typed "a shitty iPhone" and then decided the adjective entirely redundant. By the time I noticed the grammatical error, the edit timer had expired, to my not insignificant chagrin.

I applaud your attention to detail here.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on October 06, 2019, 11:44:11 AM
I originally typed "a shitty iPhone" and then decided the adjective entirely redundant. By the time I noticed the grammatical error, the edit timer had expired, to my not insignificant chagrin.

I applaud your attention to detail here.
I think it's 30 minutes tops, although do you think hitting Preview preserves it until posting??  With Windows 10 screen refreshing or closing for no apparent reason I have to be very careful.

BTW - You have noticed the mammon clouds by now, right?  It's just a matter of noticing them.  You're probably so used to them you don't think of them as mammon clouds.  They come on pretty nice days after cumulus clouds when the afternoon sea breeze gets going.  They look like mini-cumulus, or little cotton balls and usually appear on in long, wide stream or square, usually not filling the whole sky.

pate

I found on the curb the other day a tablet with a busted screen, I picked it up pressed the power button and it hadn't yet been rained on and powered up.  So it is apparently functional, except for the screen.

[attachment=1,msg1360924]

Based on the model # on the side it is an Atlas 10 by RCA (model# RCT6B03W13), about $100 new.  A quick search on the Amazon finds me a replacement screen for about $15.

Seems worth it, although it apparently has a detachable keyboard that wasn't with it on the curb.  I think that would be nice to have too, but I haven't been able to locate just the keyboard as of yet.

I've replaced a screen on a broken tablet before, wasn't all that difficult as I recall.  Maybe this RCA Atlas 10 is a difficult repair and that's why it was tossed?  If I could find a keyboard that goes to it I think I would go ahead and invest the time & $30-$50 I expect it would take to make it functional again.

Anyone have advice for me?  SO far I have wasted about 30 minutes picking it up, initial testing it, goggleing model#s and writing this post.

TIA

-p

Jojo

Quote from: pate on October 12, 2019, 08:46:00 AM
I found on the curb the other day a tablet with a busted screen, I picked it up pressed the power button and it hadn't yet been rained on and powered up.  So it is apparently functional, except for the screen.

Based on the model # on the side it is an Atlas 10 by RCA (model# RCT6B03W13), about $100 new.  A quick search on the Amazon finds me a replacement screen for about $15.

Seems worth it, although it apparently has a detachable keyboard that wasn't with it on the curb.  I think that would be nice to have too, but I haven't been able to locate just the keyboard as of yet.

I've replaced a screen on a broken tablet before, wasn't all that difficult as I recall.  Maybe this RCA Atlas 10 is a difficult repair and that's why it was tossed?  If I could find a keyboard that goes to it I think I would go ahead and invest the time & $30-$50 I expect it would take to make it functional again.

Anyone have advice for me?  SO far I have wasted about 30 minutes picking it up, initial testing it, goggleing model#s and writing this post.

TIA

-p
RCA is a good tablet.  I had two of them for a long time.  They were much better than Amazon Kindle Fire.  They are better than Windows 10 laptops in my opinion.

The keyboard might not be the problem but the screen might just be stuck?

One can purchase blue tooth keyboards in departments where tablet cases for larger tablets are sold.  They have back-light & work great.  They are all pretty much the same.  But there should be an on-screen keyboard so maybe one of the settings is off.  Try voice too!  You can't get far without a keyboard??

Jojo

Is it possible to retrieve a text that was deleted recently?  My provider repeatedly told me they can't do it.  Well, the data is in the phone forever, so a semblance of it must exist.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on October 15, 2019, 01:17:01 AM
Is it possible to retrieve a text that was deleted recently?  My provider repeatedly told me they can't do it.  Well, the data is in the phone forever, so a semblance of it must exist.
The answer turned out to be yes, although not always and not very well or at with a ZTE phone.  It requires $50 for an app (which I don't have and didn't get).  It is best not to use the phone at all until the deleted text is found, because new texts make it harder to find the old one.

Jojo

Quote from: pate on October 12, 2019, 08:46:00 AM

TIA

-p
My RCAs were good tablets.  Way better than the Kindle Fire.  The RCAs had decent sound, too.  They lasted a few years, and then the screens just went black.  I loved seeing those dogs on the front whenever I turned the tablets on.

pate

This is pretty cool.  I cannot wait for the day when my dogs are able to shit-post on bellchan...

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/stella-the-talking-dog-speaks-29-words

https://youtu.be/FtxBxLiZRco

Ediot2ADD: vidya

albrecht

https://www.youtube.com/t/terms?preview=20191210 

Updating "terms" again on Dec. 10, 2019. I love how these companies promote all these lefty and Democrat causes, and candidates, but use shell companies, Delaware incorporation, over-shore tax schemes, etc to make their billions and lessen their liabilities and taxes! 

Taaroa

Quote from: albrecht on November 22, 2019, 04:52:12 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/22/tesla-smashes-bulletproof-pickup-trucks-windows-with-a-metal-ball.html    Hilarious.

I thought it was supposed to be a pick up truck?  That looks like a SUV. Where is the bed? Where do you put the stuff? Where is the hitch?

I think there's some kind of panel hiding the bed in those images, because it definitely has one - they drove an atv (also a new Tesla thing?) into it.
I'm enjoying the reactions though:,
"quake II, the truck"
"what if the delorean but even more cocaine"
"Has Battlezone tank qualities"

https://twitter.com/cdemarse/status/1197741759490478080

Dr. MD MD

I just caught the tail end of the 60 Minutes report on Youtube where Leslie Stahl reported that Youtube’s new algorithm will try to direct users away from controversial content to more “authoritative” news sources like CNN, etc. Seriously and from the bottom of my heart go fuck yourselves with a rusty chainsaw Youtube and 60 Minutes! ::) ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on December 29, 2019, 04:23:51 PM
https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/security/a30338692/y2k-panic/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Not even a mention of Art or C2C? Y2K was a staple back in the day.

#sad

He and Wit basically created the modern doomsaying industry.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

The only way YouTube will be upsurped (and I believe it should be for its censorship) is if alternative sites make their videos easily embeddable. With YouTube you copy and paste the address and it’s embedded. Why can’t other sites do this?!

aldousburbank

I updated my google maps app for iPhone (ver 5.33.5) it is absolutely atrocious and not helpful. Is there any way to go back a version or two?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 07, 2020, 07:28:35 PM
I updated my google maps app for iPhone (ver 5.33.5) it is absolutely atrocious and not helpful. Is there any way to go back a version or two?

I hate when they do shit like that! >:(

There’s things I really miss about my iPad 2 that I know I’ll never get back. :'(