• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Copyright question - Streams

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, August 13, 2012, 12:09:22 PM

Do streams such as the Fineartbellstream or www.dar.fm violate copyright laws?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on August 13, 2012, 12:09:22 PM
Do streams such as the Fineartbellstream or www.dar.fm violate copyright laws?

don't know about dar.fm, but with regard to the other... probably.

slipstream

Quote from: MV on August 13, 2012, 01:05:02 PM

I've been wondering the same thing.  If it doesn't, the cartel will find away to outlaw it (esp. dar.fm)  I used to record shows using Total Recorder.  I'm not exactly sure what the difference would be if I have someone record the show for me, or record them myself.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: slipstream on August 13, 2012, 04:51:32 PM
I'm not exactly sure what the difference would be if I have someone record the show for me, or record them myself.

in normal human reality terms, i don't think there's a problem with that, nor should there be.  however, there are a lot of powerful corporate interests hard at work to make sure the interpretation of copyright law ignores normal human reality. 

Quote from: MV on August 14, 2012, 12:49:51 AM

in normal human reality terms, i don't think there's a problem with that, nor should there be.  however, there are a lot of powerful corporate interests hard at work to make sure the interpretation of copyright law ignores normal human reality.

How true.

And the patent/trademark system is highly flawed/abused/antiquated/top  heavy/reductive/suppressive/and fubar'd. Our society is so litigious and crippled by preemptive patent crap that it discourages smaller businesses from research and development, hampers even large businesses trying to follow the letter of the law, and destroys yet others just as they are starting just because joe fucking blow in 1999 said, "We bend our cell phone fractal antenna this way."

Business attorneys love it.

Such knit picking fills me with disgust. Intellectual property rights need to be fair, realistic, and less all encompassing and not so broadly interpreted. The entire qualification process needs to be redesigned.

Patent whores are outdone only by the IRS, as far as utilizing scare tactics, threats, and denial of liberty/free thought.

This type of corporate abuse is a hot button with me, and I am FOR copyright protection, trademarks, patents, etc.

However, it's been taken too far in the name of domination, greed, and leverage instead of factoring in the human condition.

At the philosophical core, and in reaction to the law hammer, I have little choice but to remain a pirate of all, loyal to none, and interpret "the rules" as I see fit.

I have no problem paying for music, movies, and software. But when I hear some"one" like Apple, Inc suing because they claim patent on the shape of the edges of their iPhone, my blood boils.

This, from a company, who early on, told Apple Records that Apple Computer, Inc would never be involved with the music industry and so the word "Apple" and/or their logo didn't impinge or crossover or dilute or take advantage of the brand recognition of Apple Records.

I would say Apple, Inc has violated that original agreement, and it has benefited all concerned, including Apple Records.

Yet here they are, arguing over an "edge" or a "feel" or a "quality" present on their Stupidphone.

Crucify me. I cannot walk this planet much longer.

I mean it. Get some railroad ties and iron spikes. Build a giant Egyptian TAU and nail me, inverted, to the intersection of the beams.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: MV on August 13, 2012, 01:05:02 PM

I find it interesting that you received what essentially is a cease and desist order form Premier, while they let streaming sites continue to broadcast old shows. Could it be this is because Premier is getting free PR and advertising, or is it because these shows can not be downloaded?