• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Demonoid goes down for the count!

Started by ziznak, July 27, 2012, 05:27:49 PM

MV/Liberace!

i suspect they'll be back in some capacity.  it's hard to put a lid on these things.

analog kid

Man I hope so. I rely on them for a number of radio shows. It's like being cut off from the world!!

(that bird probably feasted on the other's entrails)

ziznak

It did say something at the end of that article about the actual management being located in Mexico so... I'm sure they can set up again in some other country that currently doesn't give a fuck... cept the servers got seized so... I guess people have to re-submit their existing torrents?? I've always just been a leech mostly... like I would share for a day or so after I DL'd but I wasn't like actively uploading things... TPB is my only backup but like i sed... the demon was my best source for everything C2C and they had much better hacked software too... gonna miss the lil devil while he's down...

Quote from: analog kid on August 06, 2012, 03:49:53 PM
Man I hope so. I rely on them for a number of radio shows. It's like being cut off from the world!!

(that bird probably feasted on the other's entrails)

So many HowardTV torrents.  Gone.

So many Opie and Anthony shows.  Gone.

So many Art Bell Shows.  Gone.

Possibly forever.

I can't believe it.

analog kid

Quote from: NefariousBanana on August 06, 2012, 06:08:19 PM

Possibly forever.

I can't believe it.

Yep, and losing the searchable database of almost every Art Bell show blows.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on August 06, 2012, 04:54:38 PM
...the servers got seized so... I guess people have to re-submit their existing torrents??

no.  i'm sure that data was all getting backed up regularly and stored offsite in multiple locations.  demonoid has certainly seen what's happened to other file sharing operations, and i'd be shocked if they didn't make preparations for something like this.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NefariousBanana on August 06, 2012, 06:08:19 PM

Possibly forever.

I can't believe it.

i want you to join us on our next google hangout.  that would be pretty cool.

ziznak

Well technically demonoid was only housing the tracking stuff and related torrent info not the actual shared data, correct?  Like if I stole the latest batman movie using demonoid then technically I'm just getting the directions to connect to people that are currently sharing said batman movie... demonoid was just a third party facilitator. 

I liked Mr. Banana's appearance on that last trainwreck show I heard him on... He'd be a good addition to the spec sheet.  I still want HAL to make an appearance to talk about his pro-stalking skills as well as techno-knowledge.

HAL 9000

I knew going in it would be intensive, but turned into a freakish nightmare. Again, while I appreciate the enormous work funklobaldy put into his c2c archive, because he did not use a standard naming convention (he used ~8-10),  none of the files would show up on your computer (once downloaded) in chronological order.

Until now.

I've spent a number of hours going through a few thousand folders/files, and have, at least, straightened them out so there is some modicum of order. It is by no means perfect, but will do. If I were creating my own archive, maybe I'd spend more time to make it perfect, but I'm burned out trying to fix someone else's mess (for free anyway ;) ).

So you can view the entire file list at the link below - I sampled a few, and they sound pretty interesting, though quality varies with very old shows.

These shows are from the "Deep Archive" section.

http://pastebin.com/BZ5Ux017

Now all I need to do is upload them somewhere... :o :o :o

Demonoid's response came early Tuesday after a recent crack down on their activity.

They're shooting for the moon.  At first thought to be a mere internet rumor, it appears Demonoid is working with Elon Musk at SpaceX on a moon-shot and robotic set up of a moon-stationed server by 2015.

"In space, no one can stop your torrent," said the confidential source affiliated with Demonoid's admin.

"At first, we were thinking of a man-made satellite, but a server on the moon?  It seems so appropriate somehow.  Can they shoot a missile and take it out?  Sure. Will they? Doubtful. That would create an international stink. No one owns the moon, though I'm sure they think they do. Also, some kind of moon-based signal might order the missile to U-turn home.  That would be nasty. Encoded signals are unpredictable that way. The missiles are probably set up on Facebook, which would make them that much easier to hack.  Look, here I am getting my tail fins waxed and my nosecone buffed for better trajectory. Like me.  Fuck you.

"You want to play Russian missile roulette like that?  Trying to take us down just because someone calling himself "Ziznak" is downloading Prometheus 3? Where the fuck has everyone's sense of proportion gone? Up Donald Duck's feathered ass?"

When asked about any resemblance to Robert A. Heinlein's The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress, he was quick to point out a major difference. 

"I can see a small comparison there.  But we're not talking about colonization. We simply want a secure home for our equipment.  A home that can't be stomped on at the whim of whatever administration happens to be in charge at the moment.  But that is an excellent book.  I recommend it to anyone concerned about governmental interference and how to handle it. That and The Prisoner series.  Fucking-A."

When asked for more specifics concerning the recent shut down, he would not elaborate.

"Come try to take our shit now. It's going to be a lot more difficult."

SpaceX was contacted but has not responded.

-Camazotz Automat, reporting for Coastgab.com

ziznak

haha you've inspired the new CG motto.

Quote from: MV on August 06, 2012, 09:48:37 PM

i want you to join us on our next google hangout.  that would be pretty cool.

Hit me up on skype whenever I'm online (which is most of the time) and I'll be happy to join.  Just let me know when you plan on recording next.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NefariousBanana on August 07, 2012, 11:11:51 PM
Hit me up on skype whenever I'm online (which is most of the time) and I'll be happy to join.  Just let me know when you plan on recording next.

you'll have to join us through google plus (using the hangout feature).  i no longer have things set up to use skype for the show.

Virtual

Demonoid may be down for the count. A three headed hit - Cyber Attack, Ukrainian authorities confiscating data and this from of all places Mexico.

http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-operators-face-criminal-investigation-in-mexico-120807/

Quote from: MV on August 08, 2012, 12:15:58 AM

you'll have to join us through google plus (using the hangout feature).  i no longer have things set up to use skype for the show.

I've been thinking about getting a google+ account, but never got around to it.  I already added you.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NefariousBanana on August 08, 2012, 07:23:28 PM
I've been thinking about getting a google+ account, but never got around to it.  I already added you.

i wouldn't have a google plus account if it weren't for the fact that you need it to do the hangouts.

ziznak

WHAT?
no no no no no no noooooooo!!!!!

Virtual

More bad new for my beloved Demonoid.

http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-raid-credited-to-ifpi-multiple-arrests-in-mexico-reported-120809/

but then some good news

Anonymous’ longer-term goal is restoring Demonoid by asking members to host mirror sites across the world, creating what the group called in a release an “open-source Demonoid.”

ziznak

Quote from: Virtual on August 09, 2012, 04:51:59 PM

http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-raid-credited-to-ifpi-multiple-arrests-in-mexico-reported-120809/

but then some good news

Anonymous’ longer-term goal is restoring Demonoid by asking members to host mirror sites across the world, creating what the group called in a release an “open-source Demonoid.”
No doubt now that anonymous is getting involved we could actually see a new demonoid.  I wonder if they plan on aiming that low orbit Ion cannon at anybody for bringing the green-boy down in the first place?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Virtual on August 09, 2012, 04:51:59 PM

but then some good news

QUOTE:    "Sergei Burlakov of Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs said that following a request from Interpol, Ukrainian government investigators had arrived at Demonoid’s hosting provider ColoCall and had the site taken offline."

TRANSLATION:   "Sergei Burlakov of Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs said that after receiving large suitcase of $100 bills from the Americans, Ukrainian government hired hitmen to kick in doors at Demonoid's hosting provider ColoCall and broke fingers one by one until the site was taken offline."

Harmness

Quote from: M. Knight on August 09, 2012, 09:48:29 PM

QUOTE:    "Sergei Burlakov of Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs said that following a request from Interpol, Ukrainian government investigators had arrived at Demonoid’s hosting provider ColoCall and had the site taken offline."

TRANSLATION:   "Sergei Burlakov of Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs said that after receiving large suitcase of $100 bills from the Americans, Ukrainian government hired hitmen to kick in doors at Demonoid's hosting provider ColoCall and broke fingers one by one until the site was taken offline."

Cash is still king.

The demonoid domains are for sale now.  :-\  :'(  :(  >:(

MV/Liberace!

it just got 1000% harder to find my opie and anthony shows.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

ziznak

I listened to fridays show earlier today and poster had some site where you can DL mp3's apparently like the day after or something

ha still had the link open n didnt know it
http://greggtonyandjim.blogspot.com/