• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

October Surprise

Started by Zircon, July 20, 2012, 12:33:34 PM

Eddie Coyle

Jim Morrison, Miami, March 1, 1969.

Sardondi

There was a time some years ago when I began having an a bunch of after-work drink drinks with a bunch of women from the courthouse orbit. I didn't know these women that well on a social basis, and sort of presumed that, even though they were all fairly hot, because of their sensitive positions they would be quite discreet in public. I realized my error when they took me to their favorite place, where within 15 minutes of sitting down a quasi-biker type comes up and asks the females at the table, "Hey, ya'll wanna see the piercings in my cock?" I thought these women were gonna pull a muscle struggling to get a look. But you gotta admire an approach like that. And I started partying a lot more with those women.

*edit* Just saw this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220526/Republicans-bracing-October-surprise-Gloria-Allred-prepares-Romney-revelation.html?ICO=most_read_module Well, well, well. Let the dog-blowing commence.

John Smith

Posted this in one of the other threads

In the secretly recorded video, which included Mitt Romney's infamous "47 percent" remarks, a man asks Romney how he would “duplicate” an Iran hostage type situation, similar to the 1979 crisis, reports Mother Jones.

Romney did not dismiss the bizarre idea which would place Americans lives in danger, but said: "I appreciate the idea... If something of that nature presents itself, I will work to take advantage of the opportunity.”
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/2012-election/video-mitt-romney-says-he-would-work-take-advantage-iranian-hostage-type

Juan

Wasn't it someone in the Obama camp who said never fail to take advantage of a crisis?

Rumors are that Allred will "expose" Romney for advising women, while he was a Mormon bishop, to not have abortions.  These charges have been out there for decades, and used against Romney for that time.  Meh.

Suppose Allred claims Romney slept with her?  A lapse in judgment that severe on Romney's part might make me vote for Obama - even though the bastard banned my asthma medicine.

Quote from: UFO Fill on October 21, 2012, 07:10:30 PM
... Rumors are that Allred will "expose" Romney for advising women... to not have abortions...

And they think encouraging women to not have one will hurt Romney?    I thought all the Libs in elected positions were 'personally' against abortion too.

Quote from: UFO Fill on October 21, 2012, 07:10:30 PM
Wasn't it someone in the Obama camp who said never fail to take advantage of a crisis?..

Rahm Emanuel, former chief of staff and current Mayor of Chicago (now there's something to be proud of):  "You never let a serious crisis go to waste.  And what I  mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before". 

It's right out of the Alinsky playbook.  And perfectly describes passing Obamacare coming out of the 2008 meltdown.

Juan

TMZ says that Gloria Allred is headed to court to try and unseal the records in a divorce case in which Mitt Romney offered testimony.  Speculation is that Allred's client is Maureen Sullivan Stemberg, who was divorced from husband Tom Stemberg in 1986.  Tom was a founder of Staples and a Romney business associate.

What could this have to do with anything?  Ace did some research and adds his speculation
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/334186.php

ziznak

im liking mr romney lately... didnt think it would happen... but looking at the debates it seems like the only edge bam bam has is the fact that he's been in office and knows whats up.... i kinda think that if romboy got in he might be better at dealing with shit.

Sardondi

The predictions are all over the place, but a site called Radar says they've been read into it. Supposedly it's about that divorce and the fact that during it the woman was pregnant and had received an overdose of iodine, which prompted here doctor (who was LDS) to recommend an abortion. Supposedly Romney, who at the time was sort of the congregation leader of the LDS church the divorcing couple went to, came to her unasked and said she shouldn't have an abortion.

Whatever it is, it's going to turn out not to be the same as what Allred has leaked to the media. As for the credibility of Gloria Allred, let's just say that if she said the weather was clear as you were going out the door, you'd better grab an umbrella. The fact that she has waited until 12 days or less before the election speaks for itself about both the credibility of the leaked allegations and their potential for damage. Tempest in a teacup.

Juan

These are two different divorce cases.  The LDS case and the Staples case.  Most recent information is that the Staples case was heard at 9 this morning.  Romney's lawyers say Romney testified in the original case to the value of the company stock, and that they don't care if Romney's testimony is released or not.  It would appear that this woman, rightly or wrongly, litigates her divorce settlement every decade or so.

Still awaiting whatever Trump has to say.

Eddie Coyle

Allred's mere physiognomy serves as an ipecac for me. She could be giving out the winning lotto numbers for tonight and I still couldn't bear to see her hideous countenance.

Thread jumping here...but Allred does make me lean toward favoring Iran.

coaster

Trump's "surprise" surprises nobody. Hes a real life troll. If no one has heard yet, his election changing surprise is that he will donate five million dollars to a charity of Obama's choice if Obama releases his college records. I wish Trump would realize hes not relevant. He thinks hes part of this election. I'm embarrassed for him. Money does not buy you brains..

analog kid

Pretty sure that The Donald's surprise is divorce paper filed years ago by Michelle Obama. Everyone has probably heard that by now.

analog kid

That's it? Someone please pie this douchenozzle.

Quote from: analog kid on October 24, 2012, 01:42:43 PM

No lie .  They don't call this the Silly Season for nothing.

ChewMouse

If I were Obama, this being an election year and all, I'd provide those papers. On November 1st at 12:01 AM.

And if I were Trump, I'd give the five million dollar check to a worthy charity at 5:01 PM on October 31st.

But of course I don't think either of them will man up.

coaster

I made a quick parody video of Trump's ridiculous announcement. -

donald

The General

Coaster, you're a wild man.

coaster

I threw it together in about 15 minutes. No one should let this guy influence their vote. Hes a moron and an incredibly shitty business man.

Juan

Here's an attempt at voter suppression - officials in 28 Florida counties report that registered voters have received letters purporting to come from the county elections office.  The letter says that the voter's citizenship has been questioned, and that he or she will not be able to cast a ballot in November.  No one yet knows where the letters come from, but they are postmarked in Seattle.  Officials say the information in the letters is false.

According to WKMG-TV in Orlando, the letters received in its area are all addressed to registered Republicans who vote frequently.

Art_s Farts

Could Hurricane Sandy be the "October Surprise". Some are calling it the perfect storm. Could it be severe enough to cause election day problems?

Sardondi

Quote from: Art_s Farts on October 25, 2012, 09:08:23 AM
Could Hurricane Sandy be the "October Surprise". Some are calling it the perfect storm. Could it be severe enough to cause election day problems?

Wow, that Karl Rove is powerful.

Juan

That damn Bush, Cheney and Rove have done it before.  There was even talk of making a movie.
http://paxety.com/Archive/20050907BigBlowMahone.html

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Art_s Farts on October 25, 2012, 09:08:23 AM
If the elections were Tuesday October, 30....then maybe.

They're being held on Tuesday, November 6. So, no.

Pragmier

The possibility of wide-spread power outages exists so it's not clear what effect Sandy will have, especially if the storm hits Virginia hard. It would not be unusual for areas to be without electricity into next Tuesday. If the swing state voting is disrupted, early voting plays a more prominent role.

Zircon

Quote from: analog kid on October 24, 2012, 01:42:43 PM
"Douchnozzle" ... he!he! Now that is really good. I hope it is an original AK. I'll have to remember that one.

analog kid

Quote from: Zircon on October 29, 2012, 07:53:57 AM
"Douchnozzle" ... he!he! Now that is really good. I hope it is an original AK. I'll have to remember that one.

Heheh. It's been around on the internet for a few years. Think it might've originated from Fark.com.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on October 29, 2012, 08:47:19 AM
Heheh. It's been around on the internet for a few years. Think it might've originated from Fark.com.

for the record, i invented the term "douche nozzle" in 2006 while living in utah.  fact check it.

Pragmier

Quote from: Zircon on July 20, 2012, 12:33:34 PM
Does anyone see the potential for the suspension of the electoral process in November due to a "national crisis"?

This is nuts! Could never happen! Right! right?? Please no more 'surprises'  :(