• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why are the female guests on Coast so annoying?

Started by nightmaster, July 19, 2012, 01:15:43 AM

nightmaster

Another bad guest this lady Katherine Albrecht with the whiny voice. Horrible! Shame on George "Sushiboy" Noory who cannot get decent guests anymore. I could not stand that lady voice and actually had to turn it off.

Zircon

I would think there are a number of women scientists who would be interested in hosting C2C. When astronomy, social issues/global situation, archeology, medicine and other subjects dealing with established disciplines, several women could fill those spots. Find three that will frequent C2C like Knapp (once per week or once every other week).

Somebody mentioned a person named "Simone", who happens to be male, who has appeared before and done a good job. Just some thoughts.

Morgus

Quote from: MV on July 19, 2012, 05:47:57 PM
is this thread about guests or hosts?
he must mean guests not hosts, since he was referring to a c2c guest.
there hasn't been a female c2c host for years, when Barbara Simpson and Rollye James hosted sometimes on weekends.

ItsOver

I'm thinking guests, too.  But since female hosts came-up, I can only think of one female radio host (no relationship to C2C) I don't mind listening to on a rare occasion, Kim Komando.  She has a fairly deep voice for a lady but it's still a very good radio voice, IMHO.  She also knows her stuff when it comes to computers and a lot of consumer electronics.  ..... and then we go to other end of the spectrum for radio, Simple Snoory..... sigh.   Why C2C hasn't been replaced on it's AM stations with something better by now is surprising to me.

Quote from: ItsOver on July 19, 2012, 09:10:47 PM
I can only think of one female radio host (no relationship to C2C) I don't mind listening to on a rare occasion, Kim Komando.

Well, there is no accounting for taste!  I cannot stand her voice and she does not seem to know her stuff to me.  Very little concern for privacy (although she will point out obvious scams) and always plugging the latest product regardless of utility (with rare exceptions in the case of total duds).  She is more of a product ho than Noory.

And at least Noory doesn't call himself a "god."  Even Mr. Ego, Rush, only says he is "on loan from God."

ziznak

I like Kim's info but don't think that she actually figures this crap out on her own... she's obviously just a voice and not really a thinking person... kinda like noory actually!

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2012, 07:56:45 PM
he must mean guests not hosts, since he was referring to a c2c guest.
there hasn't been a female c2c host for years, when Barbara Simpson and Rollye James hosted sometimes on weekends.

...neither of them were annoying IMO.

expat

Quote from: 999 on July 20, 2012, 01:01:10 AM
...neither of them were annoying IMO.
Barbara Simpson wasn't annoying, Oh no. So long as you went along with her world view which included deporting all aliens, lynching all fags and outlawing trade unions.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on July 19, 2012, 09:10:47 PM
I'm thinking guests, too.  But since female hosts came-up, I can only think of one female radio host (no relationship to C2C) I don't mind listening to on a rare occasion, Kim Komando.  She has a fairly deep voice for a lady but it's still a very good radio voice, IMHO.  She also knows her stuff when it comes to computers and a lot of consumer electronics.  ..... and then we go to other end of the spectrum for radio, Simple Snoory..... sigh.   Why C2C hasn't been replaced on it's AM stations with something better by now is surprising to me.

if you're interested in radio shows about tech, you might try leo laporte's "the tech guy."  i think it's far better than kim komando's show.  however, be warned.  he's an arrogant, self absorbed, insufferable human being.

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on July 20, 2012, 10:55:44 AM

if you're interested in radio shows about tech, you might try leo laporte's "the tech guy."  i think it's far better than kim komando's show.  however, be warned.  he's an arrogant, self absorbed, insufferable human being.

Thanks for the reference but I'm not that much into tech oriented shows.  Just mentioned Komando because she has a very good radio voice and can at least put several coherent thoughts together.  I've just caught her on the AM on occasion when cruising around running weekend errands.  After putting up with Snoory and seeing he's getting very close to 500 pages of "critical acclaim," just about anything would sound miles better...... rocks, trees, small mammals....

ziznak

Quote from: MV on July 20, 2012, 10:55:44 AM

I have to insist you know that I do not "listen" to ms Komando I just happen to hear her talking from time to time. Whoever writes her shit knows their tech though... My local affiliate has her adds on when Coast is on.  If I hear C2C live then I'll come across a snip or two from Kim.

Ipokesmot

Quote from: ziznak on July 20, 2012, 12:28:41 AM
I like Kim's info but don't think that she actually figures this crap out on her own... she's obviously just a voice and not really a thinking person... kinda like noory actually!

Kim really doesn't have much knowledge of computers.  I heard her show recently and a woman called saying "how can I speed up my computer? It slows down on certain things.."  Kim's answer was "buy a new computer". LOLLLL 
Never mind removing bloatware from your startup folder (which is usually 90% of the problem), or avoid crap software/platforms (too many to mention).

I build my computers from scratch.  Currently I have a 4yr old AMD dual core with Windows XP, which still runs circles around any pre-built Dell or Gateway Windows-7 piece of shit.

Ipokesmot

Well, females are.... females lol.  Most are irritating.  Like JC said: "Women should keep their head down and their MOUTH SHUT!!"

One female guest I really like though is Evelyn Paglini.. she is one woman I would NOT want to piss off.  ;D

ziznak

Quote from: Ipokesmot on July 20, 2012, 11:25:22 PM
Kim really doesn't have much knowledge of computers.  I heard her show recently and a woman called saying "how can I speed up my computer? It slows down on certain things.."  Kim's answer was "buy a new computer". LOLLLL 
Never mind removing bloatware from your startup folder (which is usually 90% of the problem), or avoid crap software/platforms (too many to mention).

I build my computers from scratch.  Currently I have a 4yr old AMD dual core with Windows XP, which still runs circles around any pre-built Dell or Gateway Windows-7 piece of shit.

Dude I got xp on one of my laptops (older thinkpad) and I just refuse to use it... I seriously cannot stand that "xp"-ish look... I'm all about win7 ultimate on various hp's.  My one hard drive has hopped through three different hp hosts and it would boot fine in each machine.  If it was running xp that wouldnt fly.

Ipokesmot

Quote from: ziznak on July 21, 2012, 02:55:43 AM
Dude I got xp on one of my laptops (older thinkpad) and I just refuse to use it... I seriously cannot stand that "xp"-ish look... I'm all about win7 ultimate on various hp's.  My one hard drive has hopped through three different hp hosts and it would boot fine in each machine.  If it was running xp that wouldnt fly.

Looks don't mean anything when it comes to performance.  You can make XP look any way you want.  I won't touch win7 because I don't like waiting a whole minute to open Control Panel or Add/Remove Programs.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ipokesmot on July 21, 2012, 03:19:13 AM
Looks don't mean anything when it comes to performance.  You can make XP look any way you want.  I won't touch win7 because I don't like waiting a whole minute to open Control Panel or Add/Remove Programs.

i deal with windows 7 on a daily basis on a wide variety of machines belonging to my clients.  i find its performance to be as good as or better than xp assuming you have average hardware for 2009.  there have been multiple instances, actually, where i found win7 outperformed xp... one of which was gaming, surprisingly enough.

MV/Liberace!

i changed the title of the thread to "guests" rather than "hosts."

ItsOver

Quote from: Ipokesmot on July 20, 2012, 11:33:09 PM

One female guest I really like though is Evelyn Paglini.. she is one woman I would NOT want to piss off.  ;D

Paglini's a woman?

ziznak

Quote from: MV on July 21, 2012, 11:45:00 AM

i deal with windows 7 on a daily basis on a wide variety of machines belonging to my clients.  i find its performance to be as good as or better than xp assuming you have average hardware for 2009.  there have been multiple instances, actually, where i found win7 outperformed xp... one of which was gaming, surprisingly enough.
I totally agree win7 over xp anyday.  Another great advantage is the installation of drivers being seamless on 7 while xp had you looking for drivers online or through amassing your own catalog. 

b_dubb

MV's rich tradition of selecting hawt pics for use as an avatar continues. I heart tradition

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on July 22, 2012, 06:16:19 AM
MV's rich tradition of selecting hawt pics for use as an avatar continues. I heart tradition

sorry, i already changed it.  the fat asian man in a bra kept frightening me every time i'd post something.

Kim really doesn't have much knowledge of computers.  I heard her show recently and a woman called saying "how can I speed up my computer? It slows down on certain things.."  Kim's answer was "buy a new computer".

That about sums it up, I think!

My husband does that, but he prefers Linux.  There are 5 or 6 machines in the living room.  I think one uses Windows XP or maybe it is one of the 54 removable hard drives (in the living room and kitchen).  But will he help me?  Noooo.

Some near stranger calls and and says "the server isn't working, can you fix it?"  He spends 10 hours testing various things remotely, but decides he has to drive to the hosting site (3 hrs away) pick up the server and bring it home.  He calls back the guy and tells him.  Idiot  Near Stranger says, "Will that make the web site go down?"  Husband, "Yes.  Isn't so and so running a mirror site?"  INS, "Umm, not any more."  Me when this is explained, "Why do you think that is?  He always asks for help, never does anything to help anyone else, and never reimburses people (let alone pay them for their time)."  INS calling back 15 minutes later, "Can you buy another server and set it up before you go down there?, I'll reimburse you for the cost, just send me the reciept."  Husband, "Ah, I guess so."

But when I tell him my printer isn't working with my computer and I need to print something for the kids' school.  Will he look at it?  No.  He is "too busy."  Busy playing the latest Diablo, that is.

Annoying.

HAL 9000

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on July 23, 2012, 01:17:06 AMBut when I tell him my printer isn't working with my computer and I need to print something for the kids' school.  Will he look at it?  No.  He is "too busy."  Busy playing the latest Diablo, that is. Annoying.

Very funny post - and the funniest things come from reality.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on July 23, 2012, 01:35:46 AM
Very funny post - and the funniest things come from reality.

I couldn't believe that this guy wasn't sure if his web site would go down if the server was removed from the facility!  And of course hubby was not paid a dime.

Why does he do it?  "Because no one else ever helps him."  Can't imagine why that is.   :-\

ziznak

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on July 23, 2012, 03:40:59 AM
I couldn't believe that this guy wasn't sure if his web site would go down if the server was removed from the facility!  And of course hubby was not paid a dime.

Why does he do it?  "Because no one else ever helps him."  Can't imagine why that is.   :-\
So yer man went and bought Idiot Near Stranger a friggin backup server and didn't even get paid for the machine?? not to mention the work he did... He can charge big bux for that stuff and he should... get a contract with the idiot... he can sign his name right?

lolololololololololol..... So true!  And I am female!

lolololololololololol..... So true!  And I am female!

Sorry to post twice it was an accident and I hit remove but it didn't.. back to the point... I had a tiff with the numbers lady once through email where I told her off in a rather vile manner... And yes it was a moment of mental illness but that's how annoyed she got me... She in fact determined that I was a very angry person and really need it to address it... but I shot back with how annoying she was and continued to point out the stupid thing she'd said on the c2c show she was on that week.  Instead of even defending the ludicrous and absurd things she had said to Snoory,  she continued on with her attempt to guilt trip me about the dark place I was in!  lolololololololololol... there's a big difference in being in a dark place and being totally and completely freaking annoyed by somebody!  Anyway to the lady with the crappy husband do you think he can tell you to tell me how I get an avatar uploaded since every time I hit upload from my images it puts me out there with NO avatar?  I'd appreciate it!

expat

Didn't some shrill loony astrologer on the show a couple of weeks ago tell us to BEWARE of Aug 14th?

Here's a production idea for Lisa and Tommy: Get some of your doomsayers back to explain themselves.