• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

the Fucking Olympics

Started by RecoveringNoorholic, July 07, 2012, 06:31:09 PM

I don't mean the sex olympics, but all the AlexJonesian-hysteria leading up to the 2012 Olympics. I don't remember so many conspiracy theories about the 2010 Winter games. So far I've heard ...

(1) False Flag Terrorism
(2) Alien Attack

... but I'm sure there are others.

Why do some major events serve as a magnet for this kind of stuff while others do not?

McPhallus

Quote from: Recovering Noorholic on July 07, 2012, 06:31:09 PM
I don't mean the sex olympics, but all the AlexJonesian-hysteria leading up to the 2012 Olympics. I don't remember so many conspiracy theories about the 2010 Winter games. So far I've heard ...

(1) False Flag Terrorism
(2) Alien Attack

Why do some major events serve as a magnet for this kind of stuff while others do not?

Maybe it makes the event more interesting?  Does anyone really watch the Olympics anyway?  I can't say that I've ever had the slightest interest in it or have met anyone who has.

Quote from: Recovering Noorholic on July 07, 2012, 06:31:09 PM

(1) False Flag Terrorism
(2) Alien Attack

So it appears I missed like 4 other conspiracy theories regarding the Olympics ...

http://www.parapolitical.com/post/26527112644/the-top-6-conspiracy-theories-surrounding-the-2012

I'm glad to see ex-Ministry of Defense call center operator Nick Pope has got in on the action, too.

Grimace

Quote from: Recovering Noorholic on July 07, 2012, 07:06:56 PM
So it appears I missed like 4 other conspiracy theories regarding the Olympics ...

http://www.parapolitical.com/post/26527112644/the-top-6-conspiracy-theories-surrounding-the-2012

I'm glad to see ex-Ministry of Defense call center operator Nick Pope has got in on the action, too.

Whatever bro, I knew The Cuse was in on this 110%.

analog kid

I like the women's track and field, but entirely for the uniforms the female pole vaulters wear.

Morgus

Some cable TV and satellite systems are supposed to have a special channel for 3D coverage of some Olympics events for the first time this year, if you have one of the new 3D HDTVs.

coaster

While I respect the history of the olympics, I cant imagine anything more boring to watch.

Zircon

I think the Decathlon is really interesting plus most of the track and field. The winter Olympics is what I could miss. 

analog kid

This is a pole vaulter, in case you need a visual aid.

Zircon

I'd like to provide a pole for her to vault!

CoastCanuck

I only care for events where the athelete competes against time.  I don't care for judged events - too much biased.  My favorite event is the marathon.  I'm going to predict that China will win the medals count competition.

DAE

For those who haven't heard the interview, here is the whistleblower on the Alex Jones show talking about his infiltration of the Olympic security training and what he discovered.  He later came out and revealed who he was.  I know there is a tendency to giggle and dismiss instantly, although he is not claiming anything per se just reporting on what he observed, I think there is at least some valid concerns here.  Perhaps more so since the media won't investigate it, but rather instead lump it in with unlikely theories like UFOs.  I don't know about you all, but one thing I have learned from Art Bell is not to reject all theories and remain closed-minded in a sweeping generalization.  Thus is why I wanted to post the original interview, and move the focus away from the more obvious kooky theories.  I'd hate for us to miss out on key points or facts, in the same manner that others in the past would refuse to listen to Art Bell due to the same rejection process. 

Exclusive: Undercover Reporter Infiltrates Security Firm to Expose London Olympics

Zircon

Bob, its been awhile since we last talked. Being in the UK can you give us a take on how "well" things are unfolding regarding the Summer Olympic Games?

I don't think I'm alone in this but I do feel that we are going to have an incident during the games. I realize every effort has been undertaken to ensure security will be on top of the environment as best as it can be. This may come across as racist or xenophobic but I suspect your security, both normal day to day as well as modifications to accommodate the Olympics, are highly integrated. There are probably many Muslims within your security forces.

I bring this up because our military forces in Afghanistan and Pakistan have found themselves murdered by Muslim security forces we've incorporated into security and are training to take it over one day. It doesn't seem a stretch to think the same "plants" or "martyr" types might have infiltrated your own security forces at home.

An incident is going to occur. Not being a fake "remote viewer" or trying to play "clairvoyant" but I just get that feeling. Things are unraveling rapidly and this is as good a chance as any to inadvertently invite or employ peoples who have been looking for an opportunity. The vast numbers of people and commotion it will generate offer up a rare opportunity.

How do you feel about this? Am I all wet and just crapping my pants?

ziznak

Zircon did you check out that vid... somewhere in the forums i think in the "fucking olympics" thread... it begins with a camera man walking up on a pile of munitions left out in the open.  It concerned me a little bit.  terrorists and the olympics go hand in hand looking back on the past.  Only time can tell.

BobGrau

I know about as much as the rest of you. I'm at the other end of the country, thankfully, so I don't have any anecdotes from people involved or anything like that.
I did listen to the whistleblower interview ziznak refers to, and yes it is pretty worrying. Particularly as the prevailing attitude at G4S sounds very familiar to me. I've been to those powerpoint presentations, I've been in those classrooms where they basically throw the answers at you because it's in their interests that as many people pass as possible. I can see that attitude leading to disaster whether there are any terrorists or not.

Anyone closer to london want to join in? DanDNA?

Zircon

Quote from: ziznak on July 18, 2012, 05:48:44 AM
Zircon did you check out that vid... somewhere in the forums i think in the "fucking olympics" thread... it begins with a camera man walking up on a pile of munitions left out in the open.  It concerned me a little bit.  terrorists and the olympics go hand in hand looking back on the past.  Only time can tell.
Being the lazy guy I am, I have not. I will head over there and give it a look. Will I be alarmed?

BobGrau

Quote from: Zircon on July 18, 2012, 08:20:40 AM
Being the lazy guy I am, I have not. I will head over there and give it a look. Will I be alarmed?

Yes.

Zircon

You don't mean that stupid thing from Recovering Noorholic do you? It can't be the "speed walking".

Zircon

OK, this is going to take some time and I'll have to find an hour or so to view it later today. Thanks very much for providing it. Would I be correct in asking if you lived in what was once called (perhaps still is) Northumbria? - or something like that?

BobGrau

Quote from: Zircon on July 18, 2012, 09:44:00 AM
OK, this is going to take some time and I'll have to find an hour or so to view it later today. Thanks very much for providing it. Would I be correct in asking if you lived in what was once called (perhaps still is) Northumbria? - or something like that?

Lol no, I'm up in scotland - Aberdeen

BobGrau

The biggest worry is that all those extra people in London will lead to the island tipping up in the air!

Zircon

Quote from: BobGrau on July 18, 2012, 09:52:33 AM

Lol no, I'm up in scotland - Aberdeen
I pride myself in knowing the geography of the world. One of those things I did when a nerd kid back when 10 or so. And my wife is part Scot and Welsh but mostly Anglo-Saxon German.

Now that I mention all of that ... there isn't one Scotsman I've met that has anything good to say about the English. So apparently that Longshanks (Edward or William something or other) about 700 years ago really pissed the Scots off. And the Welsh ... why is it that the English have so little regard for the Welsh? Are they Saxon holdouts? Those goddamn frogs from Normandy treated the indigenous population really bad.

I really like the fact that the frogs (French) have consistently got their worthless asses kicked by the Brits. Of course those Brits were, in large measure, once frogs themselves beginning with William the Conqueror. I can see why the Irish, Scottish or Welsh have a problem with the "English". They've been/had been screwed by them for a long time.

BobGrau

Quote from: Zircon on July 18, 2012, 11:05:38 AM
I pride myself in knowing the geography of the world. One of those things I did when a nerd kid back when 10 or so. And my wife is part Scot and Welsh but mostly Anglo-Saxon German.

Now that I mention all of that ... there isn't one Scotsman I've met that has anything good to say about the English. So apparently that Longshanks (Edward or William something or other) about 700 years ago really pissed the Scots off. And the Welsh ... why is it that the English have so little regard for the Welsh? Are they Saxon holdouts? Those goddamn frogs from Normandy treated the indigenous population really bad.

I really like the fact that the frogs (French) have consistently got their worthless asses kicked by the Brits. Of course those Brits were, in large measure, once frogs themselves beginning with William the Conqueror. I can see why the Irish, Scottish or Welsh have a problem with the "English". They've been/had been screwed by them for a long time.

Casual racism against the english is a national sport here, but it's usually not very serious. Any englishman with a sense of humour has plenty of ammunition to retaliate with.
Having been brought up to 'spik proper', I'm often mistaken for being english so I've got a little insight on both sides.

In historical terms, it wasn't english treading on scots etc it was, as always, Rich vs Poor. Scottish landowners treated their tenants just as shabbily as the sassenach -  burning people out of their homes because sheep are more profitable.

BobGrau

As for the Welsh... lovely people, but their accents make it impossible to take them seriously!

Zircon

Quote from: BobGrau on July 18, 2012, 11:20:00 AM

Casual racism against the english is a national sport here, but it's usually not very serious. Any englishman with a sense of humour has plenty of ammunition to retaliate with.
Having been brought up to 'spik proper', I'm often mistaken for being english so I've got a little insight on both sides.

In historical terms, it wasn't english treading on scots etc it was, as always, Rich vs Poor. Scottish landowners treated their tenants just as shabbily as the sassenach -  burning people out of their homes because sheep are more profitable.
"... mistaken for being English ..." (?) Are you a Scot?

And as to history and landowners - yes, I probably shot before aiming first with that one. People tend to screw people regardless. Is it regarded as "racism" to have problems between different "states" in the UK or island in general? The Welsh accents? I'm puzzled with your response other than the clear ha!ha! about understanding them. Is their language the old Saxon or something not too understandable today?

HAL 9000

Quote from: BobGrau on July 18, 2012, 09:52:33 AMLol no, I'm up in scotland - Aberdeen

Holy crap - my niece was just in Aberdeen at the University for a "studies abroad" program (January-June). Small world.

BobGrau

Quote from: HAL 9000 on July 18, 2012, 11:43:23 AM
Holy crap - my niece was just in Aberdeen at the University for a "studies abroad" program (January-June). Small world.

Heh. Did she come back really depressed?

BobGrau

Quote from: Zircon on July 18, 2012, 11:36:07 AM
"... mistaken for being English ..." (?) Are you a Scot?

And as to history and landowners - yes, I probably shot before aiming first with that one. People tend to screw people regardless. Is it regarded as "racism" to have problems between different "states" in the UK or island in general? The Welsh accents? I'm puzzled with your response other than the clear ha!ha! about understanding them. Is their language the old Saxon or something not too understandable today?

Yeah, I'm a Scot - but a fairly posh-sounding one.
It's not so much about racism, more about national stereotypes - Ian Punnett's line about Canadians being 'free range North Americans' springs to mind. It can occasionally get out of hand though, particularly when booze (and pseudo-patriotism) is involved.

Off the top of my head, I think the Welsh language is a remnant of the language used before the saxons - I may have got that wrong.
One of my favourite books is Any Old Iron by Anthony Burgess - he contrasts Welsh nationalism with Israeli/Jewish nationalism, with grimly humourous results. Well worth checking out.