• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art, Design, Photography

Started by coaster, June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM

sleeplessinca

I am so impressed by the art here.  My daughter is starting art school and recently went digital.  She has spent years with watercolors.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: widespread1 on September 18, 2013, 10:41:12 AM
Very cool coaster, im a fan.
Here is my gallery
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/danny-walton.html  :)
I am honored to be chatting with such amazing artists. 
It almost feels like we should be using real names now.
We like the same colors I love those cool teals and magentas warmed up with the saffron and energetic line work. I am partial to your subject matter too.  Your portraits would make excellent album covers. 
(You aren't the caller that had the experience in Weed are you?)

widespread1

Hey thanks :) I guess I gave away my real name there didn't I lol

I have never called Art, I tried once but never got through.

Were you talking about a caller who had an experience in Weed, CA or had an experience on weed? :)

sleeplessinca

Quote from: widespread1 on September 23, 2013, 03:22:47 PM
Hey thanks :) I guess I gave away my real name there didn't I lol

I have never called Art, I tried once but never got through.

Were you talking about a caller who had an experience in Weed, CA or had an experience on weed? :)
In.  I think I know the on part. ;)

widespread1

no that wasn't me but I do live close to weed :)

widespread1

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 23, 2013, 01:49:07 PM
I am so impressed by the art here.  My daughter is starting art school and recently went digital.  She has spent years with watercolors.

Wow! i thought that was a picture of a fish... Amazing work!

sleeplessinca

Thanks, I'm a proud mama and the kid has some chops.  Second digital work and it took her about  a day or so.  It looks like it is swimming to me.

onan

I am getting scared to come to this thread. the talent here makes me feel quite less than.

Earth Pod

How beautiful!!  I'm guessing that's digital drawing ??  Googled d/d and watched a couple of videos. Fascinating!  Creating is where the magic is.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Earth Pod on September 27, 2013, 09:59:19 PM
How beautiful!!  I'm guessing that's digital drawing ??  Googled d/d and watched a couple of videos. Fascinating!  Creating is where the magic is.
Yes, it is digital.  I dont know how she did it. The future belongs to the kids. It is her second attempt and the original is larger, of course.  It looked photographic real and shimmers even when larger. I'm goin to get a hard copy produced.  her goal is to work in animation and character development.

aldousburbank

Quote from: widespread1 on September 18, 2013, 10:41:12 AM
Very cool coaster, im a fan.
Here is my gallery
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/danny-walton.html  :)
Nice imagery widespread. Looking through them I chuckled to find 4 persons there I've spent quality time with- Maya Angelou, Sasha Shulgin, Terence, and MCA.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 28, 2013, 08:02:07 AM
Nice imagery widespread. Looking through them I chuckled to find 4 persons there I've spent quality time with- Maya Angelou, Sasha Shulgin, Terence, and MCA.

what? they were in jail too?

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on September 28, 2013, 08:04:19 AM
what? they were in jail too?
Heh, a couple of us should have been. Of which speaking, hoping to post another messed up Mexican prison story as soon as it drips out of monkey virus brain.

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 28, 2013, 08:02:07 AM

From Adam Yauch to Maya wow! you have connections. :)
I don't ever want to come off as envious but I am envious my friend.
I could probably listen to your stories for weeks :)

Quote from: onan on September 23, 2013, 06:43:36 PM
I am getting scared to come to this thread. the talent here makes me feel quite less than.

me, too...(bowing head)
But I'm peeking...Some great stuff here.

aldousburbank

Quote from: widespread1 on September 28, 2013, 01:29:02 PM
The MCA one is good. Nice dude. Didn't know "who" he was until we parted after several meaningful hours. Accidently met him and the 14th Dalai Llama on the same day in my home haunts of Tucson, while on a humanitarian mission delivering some herbal relief to an unamed buddhist celebrity. That is more of an over a J beer tale.

I've had a long time dream of doing a 1 to 3 am call in radio show called "Speekin of Tweekin" which would simply be tunes, tales, and unscreened calls from insomniacs, miscreants, and the chemically deranged. Basically, my people.

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 28, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
The MCA one is good. Nice dude. Didn't know "who" he was until we parted after several meaningful hours. Accidently met him and the 14th Dalai Llama on the same day in my home haunts of Tucson, while on a humanitarian mission delivering some herbal relief to an unamed buddhist celebrity. That is more of an over a J beer tale.

I've had a long time dream of doing a 1 to 3 am call in radio show called "Speekin of Tweekin" which would simply be tunes, tales, and unscreened calls from insomniacs, miscreants, and the chemically deranged. Basically, my people.

I would loooooooove that show :) only now, in this day and age it is as easy as doing a podcast... ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: widespread1 on September 28, 2013, 02:20:17 PM
I would loooooooove that show :) only now, in this day and age it is as easy as doing a podcast... ;)
Prolly easier. Reminds me of a potential thread the angels whut lives in my amygdala want me to start. Shut up guys, trying to type here.

aldousburbank

Quote from: widespread1 on September 28, 2013, 01:29:02 PM
Just an afterthought:
I appreciate the sentiment and fun is fun I will not deny. More importantly, it is my most certain belief understanding that we are, each of us, as connected as we allow ourselves to be, and more than we CAN understand. Given that, we can also each feel as isolated as we feel we deserve, sometimes more than it feels we are able to suffer.

The Chinese curse/legend, "May you be born in an interesting time" has a certain self revealing truthiness to it. The real gift is to live with the knowledge that you would rather be yourself than anybody else, although this is quite a challenge when thing suck. But as Sleeplessinca stated somewhere, things can get better.

I sometimes feel a little envious when I see a young family whose lives appear to be completely absolutely normal. Oblivious. Then again, I recognize that I can not know how it really is for them. And, or, but, and such.

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 28, 2013, 03:40:36 PM
Just an afterthought:
I appreciate the sentiment and fun is fun I will not deny. More importantly, it is my most certain belief understanding that we are, each of us, as connected as we allow ourselves to be, and more than we CAN understand. Given that, we can also each feel as isolated as we feel we deserve, sometimes more than it feels we are able to suffer.

The Chinese curse/legend, "May you be born in an interesting time" has a certain self revealing truthiness to it. The real gift is to live with the knowledge that you would rather be yourself than anybody else, although this is quite a challenge when thing suck. But as Sleeplessinca stated somewhere, things can get better.

I sometimes feel a little envious when I see a young family whose lives appear to be completely absolutely normal. Oblivious. Then again, I recognize that I can not know how it really is for them. And, or, but, and such.

I am envious in the fact that I had to make sense of most extraordinary experiences all by my lonesome and I am not at all surrounded by like minded folks. If I would have been able to speak with you and Terrence I might have been able to let go of the astonishment a little bit earlier. It is a bit lonely having such an experience and not have many to talk to about it. I am totally grateful to be where I am at but I cant help to wish that I could spend a few nights in those shoes. :)

aldousburbank

When Terence and I first met, he asked me in his peculiar voice, "So what do you make of it?"
Silence. Then we ate.

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 28, 2013, 05:04:59 PM
When Terence and I first met, he asked me in his peculiar voice, "So what do you make of it?"
Silence. Then we ate.

haha that is about all that most of us can say about it. lol

Chine

Two pieces.

One at the top just happened while I was listening to Lykke Li's "Possibility". I played the song over and over until the painting was done.

The second is an Afghan Hound painting which was for a show in the UK.

Chine

Exquisite...Perfection.

Chine

As a Reiki Master, lots of healing work is for animals. Since I was very young, I could communicate with their energy and those that crossed over. The hardest is knowing when they will pass. Not just ours but a strangers. Intuively, I know through clairvoyance, claisentience, clairamience. Smells often (people and animals on the other side. It happens a lot in the dog art, the Afghans as that's my main breed. I will 'see' them and paint them. No idea who she/he is. I get names too. I'll put the name on the work. Posted on my site and someone (who I do not know) from across the country or world will find their dog on my site. For friends, I may feel a pull to do a portrait if the dog is sick. I charge it with reiki, intention of highest good. They heal. But the highest good is also that they must pass. Never am I 'used to it'. Rather, deep to my core this is a blessing and gift. Can I prove these experiences? No. 30 some years doing this, studying it, etc. Tiresome, kinda. All I know is the physical reality in what results from it. Great love, compassion, being a better person. And when I get emails or see tears in the eyes of the owner who lost their beloved furbaby. Well, it's hard to articulate how that washes over you.

'Snow...In Memory'

widespread1

I love it! Good stuff

shell88

Beautiful stuff Chine. Way to go.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Chine on October 01, 2013, 04:58:41 PM
As a Reiki Master, lots of healing work is for animals. Since I was very young, I could communicate with their energy and those that crossed over. The hardest is knowing when they will pass. Not just ours but a strangers. Intuively, I know through clairvoyance, claisentience, clairamience. Smells often (people and animals on the other side. It happens a lot in the dog art, the Afghans as that's my main breed. I will 'see' them and paint them. No idea who she/he is. I get names too. I'll put the name on the work. Posted on my site and someone (who I do not know) from across the country or world will find their dog on my site. For friends, I may feel a pull to do a portrait if the dog is sick. I charge it with reiki, intention of highest good. They heal. But the highest good is also that they must pass. Never am I 'used to it'. Rather, deep to my core this is a blessing and gift. Can I prove these experiences? No. 30 some years doing this, studying it, etc. Tiresome, kinda. All I know is the physical reality in what results from it. Great love, compassion, being a better person. And when I get emails or see tears in the eyes of the owner who lost their beloved furbaby. Well, it's hard to articulate how that washes over you.

'Snow...In Memory'
Sure do wish you could have done one for my Kiki - gone too soon.

Great, Chine. 
I especially love the pictures within the pictures... :)

Don't stop.

Chine

Thank you. Just to be clear, not all I paint are ill or about to pass. It happens once in a while when I least expect it.  It's 'divine timing' so to speak. But all work is to honor their spirit and give back. Raise lots of money for rescues, shelters are over. Growing up with them, being in the 'dog world'...they are family and give us oh so much. Above what I said , not sure if clear ...Meant when we ask for the highest good of healing it can be they heal, get better. Then sometimes the highest healing is what breaks our hearts...when the best may be they cross over. The heartbreak is paralyzing. But they are with us, I know from these experiences when they find me to paint them. Sweet furbaby ghosts.