• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art, Design, Photography

Started by coaster, June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM

aldousburbank

I just watched a couple of foxes that live on my property running around for a while, enjoying the sun.

Jackstar

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 13, 2017, 04:23:49 PM
I just watched a couple of foxes that live on my property running around for a while, enjoying the sun.

PLOT TWIST: spotters for inbound airstrike

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 13, 2017, 04:23:49 PM
Nice photo. I just hope they weren't leaving their den and being so active in the daytime is not related to an incoming earthquake or flood.  ;) :( You might want to send the pic to Stan and Holly Deyo and who ever is managing Berkland's estate. We have 1) animals acting somewhat strangely, 2) full, or close, moon, 3) lots of rain and water in the area. Watch out!
ps: gray foxes are good tree climbers, unlike other canines.

jazmunda

Here are some photos I've taken over the past few months.

albrecht

Quote from: 🖖 on February 13, 2017, 04:50:56 PM

Wow! Really nice. I noticed some abandoned, decaying obelisks in the background of the split wood. Surely a sign of a forgotten ancient civilization and UFO involvement with it. Some kind of energy-generating generating device or communication device, no doubt. Your choice to frame the modern telephone pole and split-wood for fires along with the more advanced, but ancient, technology was nice!

jazmunda

Quote from: albrecht on February 13, 2017, 05:01:44 PM
Wow! Really nice. I noticed some abandoned, decaying obelisks in the background of the split wood. Surely a sign of a forgotten ancient civilization and UFO involvement with it. Some kind of energy-generating generating device or communication device, no doubt. Your choice to frame the modern telephone pole and split-wood for fires along with the more advanced, but ancient, technology was nice!

Spoiler alert. Both the split wood and the ancient alien technology are modern art sculptures. The telephone pole, as far as I am aware, is purely utilitarian.

Ciardelo

Quote from: 🖖 on February 13, 2017, 05:26:59 PM
Spoiler alert. Both the split wood and the ancient alien technology are modern art sculptures. The telephone pole, as far as I am aware, is purely utilitarian.

"Why THAT piece of art looks JUST like a telephone pole!"

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on February 13, 2017, 04:42:20 PM
Nice photo. I just hope they weren't leaving their den and being so active in the daytime is not related to an incoming earthquake or flood.  ;) :( You might want to send the pic to Stan and Holly Deyo and who ever is managing Berkland's estate. We have 1) animals acting somewhat strangely, 2) full, or close, moon, 3) lots of rain and water in the area. Watch out!
ps: gray foxes are good tree climbers, unlike other canines.

Now that you mention it- although I've seen several seasons of pups here, they rarely let me see them during daylight. Usually it's just before sunrise and they are pretty shy about it. Today the one was weirding about, acting preoccupied, and it's mate stayed mostly put but would chirp that little squawk bark they do every once in a while. I sat on a boulder for 15 minutes with them totally ignoring me.

aldousburbank

The telephone pole, as far as I am aware, is purely utilitarian.
That's what they want you to believe.

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 13, 2017, 05:55:27 PM
Now that you mention it- although I've seen several seasons of pups here, they rarely let me see them during daylight. Usually it's just before sunrise and they are pretty shy about it. Today the one was weirding about, acting preoccupied, and it's mate stayed mostly put but would chirp that little squawk bark they do every once in a while. I sat on a boulder for 15 minutes with them totally ignoring me.
Well, if he wasn't foaming at the mouth and there wasn't another larger predator/rival around that scared him I'd start to worry, a bit because, as you say, they usually out in early morning or evening sorta of between when it is totally dark but not yet light. You are on high ground so likely would be ok, unless its "the big one." Watch for odd activity in other critters or your own dog etc. Then, after all your rain, maybe even Mr.Fox wants to enjoy a frolic in the sunshine!

albrecht

Ha, wouldn't be the first time though that "modern art" fooled someone. (Like the infamous incident in which a janitor cleaned up an "art piece" at a gallery or the infamous urinal "art.")

ps: I personally like this "stock photo" used by the Telegraph- that could be art!  ;)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10650440/Italian-cleaner-accidentally-throws-modern-art-in-the-bin.html

twiki

Quote from: 🖖 on February 13, 2017, 04:50:56 PM

nice photos jazz (i think it's jazz).

Ciardelo

Quote from: 🖖 on February 13, 2017, 07:04:00 PM
I dropped the redundant z.

But kept the pretentious a, in favour of the more common i.

jazmunda

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 13, 2017, 07:08:17 PM
But kept the pretentious a, in favour of the more common i.

Well there is a level of decorum to BellGab.

aldousburbank

I finally went and made an etsy store for my peyote yarn paintings. It's my way of adding a little color to this world, where allowed by law.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeyoteArtCreations

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 07, 2018, 09:29:26 PM
I finally went and made an etsy store for my peyote yarn paintings. It's my way of adding a little color to this world, where allowed by law.

Cool! 8)

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 07, 2018, 09:29:26 PM

Why is Dark side of the Peyote more expensive than the others? Aquarium minds need to know.

Cool work. I like.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Radio Activity on March 07, 2018, 09:49:24 PM
Why is Dark side of the Peyote more expensive than the others? Aquarium minds need to know.

Cool work. I like.

I suffered more chromosome damage making that one.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Radio Activity on March 07, 2018, 09:49:24 PM

Cool work. I like.

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 07, 2018, 10:05:53 PM
I suffered more chromosome damage making that one.

The great gig in the sky causes brain damage for us, and them. It's all about time and money.

Dr. MD MD

I especially like the hearts and the flowers in bloom. Looking at them makes me feel like I'm tripping already. In the first heart one listed the center kinda looks like sky and clouds. Is that just yarn too?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 08, 2018, 12:33:44 AM
I especially like the hearts and the flowers in bloom. Looking at them makes me feel like I'm tripping already. In the first heart one listed the center kinda looks like sky and clouds. Is that just yarn too?

It's a mirror.

Dr. MD MD

A stupid faggot obsessed with me says what now? :D

pate

So a few weeks ago, I picked up a Ryobi scroll saw for $20, and the seller threw this in for free if I just would haul it off (got some attachments too):

(not the actual image of the one I got)

Apparently it was the lady's father's Shop Smith, and someone had moved it outside for ? years.  I need to take it apart and make sure the motor isn't seized up, etc.  I think I can bring it back to life.  It's pretty neat, and all I really want it for is the lathe feature.  I already have a table-saw, drill press, router etc..  I think the one I have is a Mark 5 from the 50s or 60s, haven't really looked at it due to thyme constraints, but it is resting comfortably in the basement until I can get to it...

I am excited that they are still making these things, AND that the new Mark 7 is reverse compatible as far as parts/accessories go with the old Mark 5.  Pretty nifty.

NXOEED

Looks like it's been nearly three years since I've posted art in this thread. Here's some recent-ish shit.
If you like any of it, follow me on IG. https://instagram.com/nxoeed

And here's a poster I drew up for a show I'm hosting next week. If any of you guys have stickers and want to be part of it, send them my way and I'll put 'em in the show.

Lilith

Quote from: NXOEED on June 04, 2019, 10:34:55 AM
Looks like it's been nearly three years since I've posted art in this thread. Here's some recent-ish shit.
If you like any of it, follow me on IG. https://instagram.com/nxoeed

And here's a poster I drew up for a show I'm hosting next week. If any of you guys have stickers and want to be part of it, send them my way and I'll put 'em in the show.

OMG NXOEED!  I always get  a smile on my face when I see you back around.  :)