• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Facebook Sucks

Started by Marc.Knight, May 29, 2012, 06:19:28 PM

MV/Liberace!

$27.32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do i hear $25?

Oversoul

Quote from: MV on May 31, 2012, 09:30:38 AM
i think your dismissal of twitter, however, is silly.

Not really.  It's based on a number of people I know who're silly and foolish with the way they use Twitter.  So, It's more than just a silly conjecture.

The bottomline is: Any technological piece can be good or bad depending on the users.  It's always been that way with human civilization.

Frys Girl

Quote from: MV on May 31, 2012, 09:31:58 AM
$27.32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do i hear $25?
$20.00 by July 4!

Zircon

I enjoy reading all the posts regarding this latest episode of "Titanic". Each of you recognize this Shitbook product as little more than an avenue for brainless fucks.

Fysisist, exercising his vast intellect, pointed out how a simple jerk off session was more productive. MV provided us an actual extended Facebook session to verify his position on the intellectual content level. Ziznak demonstrated to us how vanity is a primary driver in this sick behavioral psychosis and M. Knight reminds us that even the big, arrogant motherfucker himself, cut himself loose of $1 billion of his own stock. Reminds me of how many supporters of Obamacare get an exemption from it - what does that tell ya?

The moment a new useless product gets some legs, folks will jump the Facebook ship. Afterall, the Zuck is easily a "1%"er now isn't he. And we all want to be proud Americans just like Camazotz's good buddy, Uncle Sam. Personally I wonder about Uncle Sam because he spends a lot of time fucking us but in this case he gets a "thumbs up" from me. Next time I'll stick my thumb in his fucking eye. Break up stories? Stupid bastards airing out their tiff for all the idiots to offer help while laughing their asses off.

Quote from: Oversoul on May 31, 2012, 09:42:01 AM
Any technological piece can be good or bad depending on the users.  It's always been that way with human civilization.

Damn you all to Hell!

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 30, 2012, 12:01:13 AM
Facebook sucks in a way that dwarfs Noory's transgressions.

Which is no small statement.

For the thousandth time: YES! I worded it like that on purpose.  Please get off my back, LPA.

- - -

From what little checking I've done, it appears that the bullish advice regarding facebook stock is that it will magically stop falling when it reaches the mid 20s.  Isn't this just as much wishful thinking or spin than critical analysis?

fysisist

Quote from: Oversoul on May 31, 2012, 08:59:58 AM
Can't be any worse than Twitter.   :(

Disregarding any other more relevant arguments, Twitter IS WORSE than FB in one critical way: name.  Seriously, "Twitter"??  Did you ever imagine yourself as "tweeting"??  I refuse to participate based solely on the fact that I would have to "tweet".  No thanks.

Morgus

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 31, 2012, 10:50:17 AM
Damn you all to Hell!

[attachimg=1]

They did it, they really did it. They blew it up!  8)

fysisist

I'd like to make a proposal to any venture capitalists out there for a new social networking product called Shitter.  It would be a place for all the disillusioned, cynical, bitter, and maladjusted discontents that have, up until now, only had CoastGab to turn to in order to spew forth their collective disillusionment with the current state of affairs.  A post could be called a "shit" or a "shat".  I don't think it would be appropriate to call it a "sheet".  I got a couple bucks and some change, and I'll make the first "shit".

Zircon

Are you going to send us a picture?

McPhallus

One thing FB is good for: reminding you of people in your rear-view mirror and reminding you exactly why you put them there to begin with.

b_dubb

Quote from: M. Knight on May 31, 2012, 07:07:08 PM
Morgan Stanley CEO: Some Facebook investors were 'naive'
Ahhhh gee mister no foolin?

The IPO valued Facebook at levels similar to Exxon. Does facebook generate revenue like Exxon? No. It does not. I'm guessing we're at the beginning of Dot Com Bubble 2.0. A lot of people are going to lose a ton of money on Facebook. I just hope that when that bubble pops it doesn't take the whole fucking market/economy with it

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on May 31, 2012, 07:42:05 PM
I just hope that when that bubble pops it doesn't take the whole fucking market/economy with it

I kind of hope it does.  Has there ever been an estimate of the economic drain facetweek already represents due to the untold hours spent by a gajillion people posting or checking up on their loser friend's mind-numbing jibber jabber?

Eddie Coyle

I just hope Facebook's decline leads to a scenario involving a closed garage, an exhaust pipe and Zuckerberg and Bono being wheeled out like Don Wilson in '75.

Frys Girl

Do you all know who invested in this company before the IPO? I'm talking 6-7 years ago investment.....Lockheed and other big military contractors. Why? Why do defense contractors see value in something I equate to a bowel movement. I don't see the value. I'm seriously scared not because I have anything to gain, but what if that information is somehow going to be used or forcibly used against users? That would give it some value. Those initial investors were not that dumb. In the pitch meeting, I'm sure there was more than just "profile pics and status updates."

Facebook has a huge vault of information that can be used to analyze and manipulate human behavior. I'm not sure who'll buy it, but that info is valuable.

Zuckerberg is ass enough to sell it.

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 31, 2012, 07:55:40 PM
... due to the untold hours spent by a gajillion people posting or checking up on their loser friend's mind-numbing jibber jabber?

Fucking right. That's what coastgab is for.

(rimshot)

Zircon

And Fry hit the bulls eye. INFORMATION. And yes, all know Zuckerburg is a government loving whore - at least as far as this particular administration goes. The arrogant prick bastard expects to sit at the table. I want him sleeping in a ditch along a railroad track.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Zircon on May 31, 2012, 09:17:05 PM
And Fry hit the bulls eye. INFORMATION. And yes, all know Zuckerburg is a government loving whore - at least as far as this particular administration goes. The arrogant prick bastard expects to sit at the table. I want him sleeping in a ditch along a railroad track.
When the honeymoon is over for Zuckerberg, I expect some announcement about a new product or "tool." I just can't see why TPTB would let this happen. It's too good to be true!

P.S. That was the first time I've ever typed TPTB. I'm shocked at myself.

Zircon

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 31, 2012, 09:20:07 PM
When the honeymoon is over for Zuckerberg, I expect some announcement about a new product or "tool." I just can't see why TPTB would let this happen. It's too good to be true!

P.S. That was the first time I've ever typed TPTB. I'm shocked at myself.

I'm shocked I understood what you meant !!!

Quote from: Zircon on May 31, 2012, 10:30:17 AM
And we all want to be proud Americans just like Camazotz's good buddy, Uncle Sam.

Easily qualifies for my personal list of the top 500 images of all time, along with the likes of Leonardo's Vitruvian Man, the Abbey Road cover, the Hindenburg incident, & Julie Newmar in her glistening black cat suit.

Nowhere on my list will you find a photo of Zuckerberg, the facebook logo, or anything connected thereof, because all the money in the fucking world by no means guarantees value.

Facebook sucks.  That's all there is to it.

Cam out.

[attach=2]

Marc.Knight

Lovely Bones

Quote from: MV on May 31, 2012, 09:30:38 AM

on that, i couldn't disagree more.  i think twitter is a great resource.  depending on who you follow, it can be used as a real time stream of information... USEFUL information... coming at you 24/7.  what i do with twitter primarily is subscribe to certain android developers and multiple news outlets.  i'm constantly aware of what's happening because of it. 

facebook never did a single thing for me.  i think your dismissal of twitter, however, is silly.

Totally agree with you re Twitter.  It's all a matter of picking and choosing a select group to follow.  Follow Kim Kardashian, and you get what you signed up for. 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 31, 2012, 09:06:35 PM

Fucking right. That's what coastgab is for.

(rimshot)

Where's the "like" button for this post?  LOL. 

MV/Liberace!

Trent Reznor: "Facebook Sucks."

As far as the concept goes, I don’t think it’s actually executed that well. The layout's kind of foolish and the processing is terrible, as a tool. When I see the media heralding Zuckerburg, putting him up on a pedestal of genius and mentioned in the same breathe as Steve Jobs, I highly disagree with that. He was in the right place at the right time, with a functional tool. I think if something came along doing what Facebook does and was just a lot better at it, then, well, most people use Facebook because everyone’s on Facebook but then you see how quickly Friendster and MySpace crashed. But as a tool, it’s OK.

http://drownedinsound.com/news/4141279-trent-reznor-on-why-facebook-sucks

MV/Liberace!

oh, and speaking of friendster...

i never used that service at all so i have no idea of what it consisted of.  however, if it was anything like facebook or myspace, they've obviously made some sort of conscious effort to rebrand and retool themselves as an online gaming site.  yay.  good luck with that.  anyway... friendster has a forum on their website.  coastgab has 8.6 times more posts than FRIENDSTER if you can believe that.  WOW are they toast.  i'm sure someone somewhere regrets not selling that site, or if it ever did sell, the buyer must be feeling quite remorseful.

coastgab's new slogan:  We're 8.6 times bigger than Friendster.

Quote from: MV on June 01, 2012, 01:11:47 PM

He was in the right place at the right time, with a functional tool.

Read: Zuckerberg is a functional tool.

Quote from: MV on June 01, 2012, 01:22:00 PM
oh, and speaking of friendster...

coastgab has 8.6 times more posts than FRIENDSTER if you can believe that.  WOW are they toast. 

FRIENDSTER = TOASTER hahaha

Now if you will excuse me, I must away to post more Japanimation on my Xanga account.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 31, 2012, 08:51:25 PM

I just hope Facebook's decline leads to a scenario involving a closed garage, an exhaust pipe and Zuckerberg and Bono being wheeled out like Don Wilson in '75.

Until it is discovered it was all a pity play, so that Zuckerberg and Bono could get face-time while sporting oxygen masks, having used a Nissan Leaf as their chosen garage destroyer.

"There is no doubt that some people close to you will talk about your recent departure from Facebook.   Family members may think that your exodus from the big daddy of (a)social networking is "just a phase".  They may think that you will be back.  Will you?  That is the question that only you can decide."

The above is a quote from  http://www.facebookdetox.com/

I've only just begun to look through it, but he already gets points for insisting on calling facebook an  "(a)social networking site."

MV/Liberace!

$27.72.  down again.  yessssssss...

:D