• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game of Thrones

Started by bluth co., May 13, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

trostol

Quote from: Teh PeNgu1n oF dOOm on May 04, 2016, 08:10:17 AM
It was a pretty good episode though.

The ones which aren't focused on Queen of Bloaty Bloat and the cringe worthy Sand Snakes usually are though.

The last scene with Jon dramatically opening his eyes was pretty fucking cringe worthy.  They really had a chance to not take the easy path with Jon's revival.

i wanna see how Ramsey is put down now lol

zeebo

Have they run out of material from the books yet?  Won't GRRM have to finish the sixth book soon in any case to keep the show going?

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on May 04, 2016, 06:58:52 PM
Have they run out of material from the books yet?  Won't GRRM have to finish the sixth book soon in any case to keep the show going?

they have moved past the books at this point save some small lil stories that seem to be thrown in here and there

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on May 04, 2016, 06:58:52 PM

At this point his new books might as well be novelizations of the tv shows.

You snooze you lose.

bigchucka

Quote from: trostol on May 04, 2016, 06:51:34 PM
i wanna see how Ramsey is put down now lol

"Battle Of The Bastards" (.ie He's gonna fuck around with Jon not knowing he's more of an important character), Petyr Baelish (cause Sansa is the next best thing for him to angle for since her mom died), or Brienne are my three main guesses.

Quote from: jaz on May 04, 2016, 07:39:20 PM
At this point his new books might as well be novelizations of the tv shows.

I think they are going to end up being two different paths to the same destination.  Reason being that the two main guys that wanted to do the TV show were told how things are going to play out in case of an unfortunate incident like Robert Jordan's The Wheel Of Time happens without forewarning.

trostol

Quote from: bigchucka on May 04, 2016, 07:49:38 PM
"Battle Of The Bastards" (.ie He's gonna fuck around with Jon not knowing he's more of an important character), Petyr Baelish (cause Sansa is the next best thing for him to angle for since her mom died), or Brienne are my three main guesses.

I think they are going to end up being two different paths to the same destination.  Reason being that the two main guys that wanted to do the TV show were told how things are going to play out in case of an unfortunate incident like Robert Jordan's The Wheel Of Time happens without forewarning.

oddly..i do not see Littlefinger listed for this season...i wonder if he was off season stealthy killed off lol

trostol

HBO's next fantasy adaption should be The Black Company series

jazmunda

Sadly I don't think the books will ever get finished given the time that's lapse between the last book and the next one and given the ample girth of the author's belly. Having said that look at Falkie.

bigchucka

Quote from: trostol on May 04, 2016, 08:00:16 PM
oddly..i do not see Littlefinger listed for this season...i wonder if he was off season stealthy killed off lol

Busy buying a new brothel and hiring whores... The most interesting theory I would have ever read about him was the one claiming he is the last surviving Reyne.... the family that rebelled against Tywin's father. Tywin went in and killed them all off.  The infamous song The Rains Of Castamere was wrote about it.

Bran really grew between Seasons.

I don't think Hodor will be able to carry him anymore.

Also, what the fuck happened to the One Eyed Raven, old guy?

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on May 04, 2016, 08:01:45 PM
HBO's next fantasy adaption should be The Black Company series

Or maybe the Malazan books.

trostol

bigchucka

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/03/dead-could-be-brought-back-to-life-in-groundbreaking-project/

No, doesn't involve prayers in High Valyrian... There's a translation of that floating around on the internets for the curious, BTW...

trostol

Quote from: bigchucka on May 04, 2016, 11:03:52 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/03/dead-could-be-brought-back-to-life-in-groundbreaking-project/

No, doesn't involve prayers in High Valyrian... There's a translation of that floating around on the internets for the curious, BTW...

What is dead may never die

speaking of..not sure i liked how Euron looked

Quote from: trostol on May 04, 2016, 11:45:14 PM
What is dead may never die

speaking of..not sure i liked how Euron looked

You know that scene were the daughter assumes she is the heir to the Iron Throne, only to be told she does not, triggered some feminists.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: Teh PeNgu1n oF dOOm on May 04, 2016, 11:51:39 PM
You know that scene were the daughter assumes she is the heir to the Iron Throne, only to be told she does not, triggered some feminists.

Oh boy. Do they not realize this world is set in a time and place where women are .... Oh forget it.

trostol

since Jon died...wouldn't his oath to the Night's Watch have been broken?

zeebo

Quote from: cosmic hobo on May 06, 2016, 10:33:11 PM
Oh boy. Do they not realize this world is set in a time and place where women are .... Oh forget it.

Yeah it's not exactly an egalitarian utopia for the guys either.

bigchucka

Found a TV show before called Secrets of the Castle... it's about a castle being built in France using historically accurate techniques. The people on that show have done other shows for the BBC... One is about farming called Tales from the Green Valley... Owen Teale (Ser Allister Thorne) narrated it.

Only Game Of Thrones actors have fans approach and make a request like "Could I record you on my phone calling me a bastard?"

zeebo

Quote from: bigchucka on May 18, 2016, 04:07:30 AM
Found a TV show before called Secrets of the Castle... it's about a castle being built in France using historically accurate techniques. ...

There's another show called Mysteries of the Castle.  They cover different castles throughout history with various tales of intrigue.  I saw one where they covered an event during medieval times which inspired the Red Wedding scene.   ???

effluenza

Still got the tivo paused on dragon mother boobies.

zeebo

Quote from: effluenza on May 18, 2016, 08:18:20 PM
Still got the tivo paused on dragon mother boobies.

So +1 point for "show > books".

cosmic hobo

Quote from: zeebo on May 18, 2016, 09:57:07 PM
So +1 point for "show > books".

I could never spank it to the Penthouse forum when the pictures were right there on the next page.

SFX mag had a debate & poll - who's the evilest evildoer on GoT, Joffrey or Ramsey.  Ramsay won. I'm #TeamRamsay all the way. Joffrey is a cosseted, spoiled brat who gets away with murder because he can, but there's not very much upstairs. Ramsey is an out and out psychopath and sadist. He's sure to get his after his Neener Neener Boo Boo letter to Jon Snow. I'm hoping for spectacular karma, like a nice flaying followed by being rolled into a cigar and smoked by the wildling  giant with a final "Here, Rover!" for poetic justice.

:'(

Nothing further to add.

Jackstar

wtf was Varys doing standing behind Daenerys?