• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game of Thrones

Started by bluth co., May 13, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

Quote from: b_dubb on July 01, 2015, 08:56:21 AM
As long as when he comes back he lays waste to the "Brothers" of the Nights Watch who killed him. There always was that bit about Jon Snow's mum when Dead Ned rode off to King's Landing.

This show really really really needs to be parodied. Is Mel Brooks busy?

I dont know if this is what you had in mind, but someone photoshopped Nicholas Cage's face on every major character from GoT, i.e.

The rest is here: http://imgur.com/a/tum01

b_dubb

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 01, 2015, 02:29:55 PM

I dont know if this is what you had in mind, but someone photoshopped Nicholas Cage's face on every major character from GoT, i.e.

No. No Nic Cage face grafting. I was thinking something like "Spaceballs" or "The Ruttles".

Quote from: b_dubb on July 01, 2015, 05:41:34 PM
No. No Nic Cage face grafting. I was thinking something like "Spaceballs" or "The Ruttles".

Considering all the gore, This is Spinal Tap would be appropriate.

zeebo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 01, 2015, 08:15:34 AM
*****POTENTIAL SPOILERS AND SPECULATION *****

Not a member of the GoT fandom, but there's a compelling theory ...

There may be something to this, in that I've heard in reviews of books 4-5 that he occasionally uses the "somehow still alive" technique a few times.  I can believe this as book 3 ends with one of these which I definitely did not see coming.

jazmunda

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 01, 2015, 02:29:55 PM

The most seamless one is Stannis:

zeebo

These Cagean reimaginings only further complicate my inner conflict with this series. 

Lord Grantham

Quote from: zeebo on June 30, 2015, 06:53:06 PM
I'm tempted but wtf I heard Arya only gets two chapters and Tyrion spends most of the book floating down a river playing chess.  Although I am intrigued by the Iron Islands scene particularly if Theon's sister shows up again.

The last two books happen concurrently. So Arya is in Crows, but not the other. Tyrion is in Dragons, but not the other.

OYSTERS, CLAMS AND COCKLES.

b_dubb

Quote from: Lord Grantham on July 02, 2015, 06:11:06 PM
OYSTERS, CLAMS AND COCKLES.

A girl does not work for Red Lobster

Quote from: eddie dean on June 17, 2015, 04:57:27 PM
Hahahahaha!  That's great! My reaction was similar.
Gosh, we 1st worlders take our fake TeeVee shows seriously! ;D

Fake???  This Isn't a documentary?   :P

zeebo

Quote from: Treading Water on July 03, 2015, 05:43:22 AM
Fake???  This Isn't a documentary?   :P

You've been listening to too many of Old Nan's stories.   :D

Quote from: zeebo on July 03, 2015, 12:14:10 PM
You've been listening to too many of Old Nan's stories.   :D

Aye, 'tis the long night that frightens me.  It is dark and full of terrors.   8)

zeebo

Quote from: Treading Water on July 05, 2015, 12:11:52 PM
Aye, 'tis the long night that frightens me.  It is dark and full of terrors.   8)

Sure, that's when the grumpkins and snarks come out.   ???

zeebo

I tried googling this but got a bunch of spoilerish charts ... Can someone tell me which season/episode of the series corresponds best with the start of Book 4 (A Feast for Crows)?

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on December 01, 2015, 10:51:44 PM
I tried googling this but got a bunch of spoilerish charts ... Can someone tell me which season/episode of the series corresponds best with the start of Book 4 (A Feast for Crows)?

That sounds like its all of season 5

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on December 01, 2015, 10:55:10 PM
That sounds like its all of season 5

Thanks will check it out - maybe will go back midway thru season 4 or such to get back on track.

In other news ... Wtf is GRRM doing releasing a friggin prequel book, (A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms)?  You've still got (at least) two more tomes to do before the current story's finished.  Get to it, man - I'm feeling more fidgety than Tyrion without a cup of wine nearby.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 01, 2015, 10:51:44 PM

if you read the book..and then watch season 5..be prepared for disappoint

Ciardelo

Quote from: trostol on December 02, 2015, 07:10:57 PM
if you read the a book..and then watch season 5any TV show or movie based on the book..be prepared for disappoint
FIFY

(Although I did enjoy both "The Shining" book and movie.)

zeebo

My sneaky plan is to try and skip books 4-5, since 1) I'm a little burnt out after some 3000 pages of unresolved plots and meanderings and 2) they've gotten pretty rocky reviews. 

So was hoping to just catch up on the story/characters and then dive into the awaited book 6 -- sort of a book sandwich with a tv filling.  ;)

b_dubb

I read "The Man In The High Castle" and I've seen the first season of the Amazon tv series by the same name. Enjoyed both though they are very different.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: zeebo on December 02, 2015, 01:06:06 AM
Thanks will check it out - maybe will go back midway thru season 4 or such to get back on track.

In other news ... Wtf is GRRM doing releasing a friggin prequel book, (A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms)?  You've still got (at least) two more tomes to do before the current story's finished.  Get to it, man - I'm feeling more fidgety than Tyrion without a cup of wine nearby.

I didn't know he'd done that. It doesn't give the impression that he knows where the story is headed. I think all of those digressions in the books came about because he didn't know where to take the main story and it just expanded ever further. I bet he doesn't have a clue how to bring it to any sort of conclusion and is probably hoping he'll snuff it before he has to. Judging by the shape he's in that shouldn't be all that long. I really enjoyed the first book, but you had the increasing sense of someone trying to stretch things out with less and less material.

zeebo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 03, 2015, 11:02:16 AM
...I think all of those digressions in the books came about because he didn't know where to take the main story and it just expanded ever further....

Yeah it's a bit suspect when you've got like a hundred loose ends so, what do you do, introduce a bunch of new characters and subplots.   ::) 

Lord Grantham

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is just a compilation of three previously written short stories from years ago. He didn't take time away from The Winds of Winter to write it.

trostol

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 02, 2015, 10:37:53 PM
FIFY

(Although I did enjoy both "The Shining" book and movie.)

pretty much..but in this case there is a huge amount that was..changed from book top tv show which to some is very..blah..some things changed..some things removed..some things made up

zeebo

Quote from: Lord Grantham on December 06, 2015, 02:12:49 PM
A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is just a compilation of three previously written short stories from years ago. He didn't take time away from The Winds of Winter to write it.

Ah, thanks.  Yes you're correct.  I see now that their described as 'never-before-collected adventures', so e.g., repackaged earlier content w/ illustrations etc.  We may actually see this thing resolved someday.     

Daggit

I just watched the first episode of Season 6.

No erection for me tonight.

trostol

season 6 episode 2 was a bit too predictable

bigchucka

Was waiting to see if others here still watched.

venix

Quote from: Daggit on May 03, 2016, 08:12:00 PM
I just watched the first episode of Season 6.

No erection for me tonight.

jazmunda

We're going to talk about this tomorrow night on The Bell Philes

Quote from: trostol on May 03, 2016, 08:13:31 PM
season 6 episode 2 was a bit too predictable

It was a pretty good episode though.

The ones which aren't focused on Queen of Bloaty Bloat and the cringe worthy Sand Snakes usually are though.

The last scene with Jon dramatically opening his eyes was pretty fucking cringe worthy.  They really had a chance to not take the easy path with Jon's revival.