• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Obama Birth Certs are Amateur Phonies

Started by alejandro, April 01, 2012, 06:19:44 AM

Ben Shockley

I have one big reminder for all you "birthers."   In a few months, President Obama's first term will be complete; a done deal; in the record books.

There is ZERO that you can do about it.
Though you folks tread a fine and very putrid line.

Why don't you just get over it??   You got a half-Black President; you're likely to have a female one soon enough; maybe even a *Jew* pretty soon; hell -- one day, even an atheist and EVEN -- gasp!! a gay/lesbian person!!  I guess y'all will either find a way to nuke the planet or suicide yourselves before suffering any of those "indignities," though.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Ben Shockley on May 29, 2012, 04:19:45 PM
I have one big reminder for all you "birthers."   In a few months, President Obama's first term will be complete; a done deal; in the record books.

Why don't you just get over it??   You got a half-Black President; you're likely to have a female one soon enough; maybe even a *Jew* pretty soon; hell -- one day, even an atheist and EVEN -- gasp!! a gay/lesbian person!!  I guess y'all will either find a way to nuke the planet or suicide yourselves before suffering any of those "indignities," though.

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other if he was born in Kenya or not. I truly don't care, but as I said, my gut tells me he was, and it has absolutely nothing to do with his being half Black. I cannot speak for others, but I am certainly not a racist, a bigot, a homophobe, a chauvinist, etc. I'm a very liberally minded individual.

Grimace

Although I'm not a "birther" and freely admit voting for Obama, I still think going all ad hominem is ridiculous. Also I'd definitely rather have a half-black (or whatever race) gay/lesbian male or female or transgender pansexual whatever whimsical "out of left field" termed-person who'd actually take risks and stem the tide of curtailing civil liberties/throwing our economy down the toilet for the banks/etc (even if I didn't agree with everything they did) rather than the two different pawns of the same corrupt game. I'm pretty sure that's about as impossible as something can get, though.

Harmness

The "if you don't like Obama, it must be because he's black" strawman is every bit as tiring as wasting time over the birth certificate shit.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Harmness on May 29, 2012, 06:08:49 PM
The "if you don't like Obama, it must be because he's black" strawman is every bit as tiring as wasting time over the birth certificate shit.
Yea but I like the way Trump says the phrase! That accent is hilarious.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Harmness on May 29, 2012, 06:08:49 PM

THANK.YOU.

Zircon

Quote from: Ben Shockley on May 29, 2012, 04:19:45 PM

OK Clint, what the hell did you just say that required much brain activity? I mean do you have to take off your shoes to count to 12?

People who have doubts about where Obama was born are not acting irrational or racist. Up until he announced for the presidency in 2008 (in other words through 2007) he was advertised as having been born in Kenya and he never corrected them. Only when an "oops!" came out very recently did a publisher say they tried to correct it years ago. Odd that nobody else ever bothered to take note or when Obama read whatever materials described his personal history indicating a Kenyan birth did he ever say "no, I am a Hawaiian".

So, "birthers" who still question his birth location are not being unreasonable. The media who supports Obama repeatedly tells the public what you're reiterating. People who question him are "racist", "intolerant", "stupid", "bigots" on and on. Strange that many of those same people still push the idea that Bush knew about and, in some ways, was a knowing participant in 9/11. Do you regard that as garbage Clint? Remember, Obama never said Kenya was in error - he just ignored the question or had Hawaii eventually provide a birth certificate.

McPhallus

Quote from: Zircon on May 29, 2012, 06:50:34 PM
OK Clint, what the hell did you just say that required much brain activity? I mean do you have to take off your shoes to count to 12?

People who have doubts about where Obama was born are not acting irrational or racist. Up until he announced for the presidency in 2008 (in other words through 2007) he was advertised as having been born in Kenya and he never corrected them. Only when an "oops!" came out very recently did a publisher say they tried to correct it years ago. Odd that nobody else ever bothered to take note or when Obama read whatever materials described his personal history indicating a Kenyan birth did he ever say "no, I am a Hawaiian".

So, "birthers" who still question his birth location are not being unreasonable. The media who supports Obama repeatedly tells the public what you're reiterating. People who question him are "racist", "intolerant", "stupid", "bigots" on and on. Strange that many of those same people still push the idea that Bush knew about and, in some ways, was a knowing participant in 9/11. Do you regard that as garbage Clint? Remember, Obama never said Kenya was in error - he just ignored the question or had Hawaii eventually provide a birth certificate.

I agree that implying criticism of Obama=racism is absurd and a form of intellectual bullying.

That being said, it's time to move on from the whole birthing issue.  It's just a waste of energy at this point.  As I said before, there are MANY issues on which Obama can and should be criticized.  But the birthing thing is just dead in the water.

analog kid

This right-wing blog has it right (until it descends into the "we no nothing about him" canard). They also cite this article on Obama, stating he was born in Hawaii, which predates the erroneous 1991 pamphlet by a year. Does anyone know for certain that Obama intentionally let the pamphlet slide, or that he even knew about it?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on May 29, 2012, 04:39:09 PM
Personally, I don't really care one way or the other if he was born in Kenya or not. I truly don't care, but as I said, my gut tells me he was, and it has absolutely nothing to do with his being half Black. I cannot speak for others, but I am certainly not a racist, a bigot, a homophobe, a chauvinist, etc. I'm a very liberally minded individual.

When someone suggests to me that my criticism of Obama is racially motivated, I want to skull-fuck them. That was basically the beginning of Anagrammy's downfall here. She played that card and didn't appreciate it when I told her, in essence, to go fuck herself.

texaskdog

I really dont care where he was born.  I think its a pretty stupid law.  What I laugh about is how obvious it is he wasn't born here, and they can't do anything about it.

MV/Liberace!

i think it's funny watching people wave the "birth certificate" from hawaii in our faces as if it's case closed.  you're telling me that couldn't be faked?  you're telling me there's no motivation, nor would there ever be, for something of this nature to be faked?  you're telling me there are no allies of the obama administration in hawaii who could aide in the whole scam? 

i see more evidence to suggest he wasn't born here than to suggest he was.  it doesn't matter what's true, though.  nobody in a position of power cares and nothing can/will be done about it.

onan

I think the whole birther thing is idiotic.

He's the president of the US. Even if he was the son of Nikita Khrushchev he could get a document that would pass any of these canards of illustrator/raster/vector/razzmatazz any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Is there some "angry-young-man" legitimacy to the birther bunch... I suppose. But really not much in depth thought. The political wolves at the level of the POTUS are at least 5 steps on most of us every second of the day.

In my mind birthers are more manipulated pawns to distract from real and important issues.

texaskdog

If we get Romney, may as well re-elect him anyway.  People don't vote because we don't have any choices anymore.

Frys Girl

Quote from: onan on May 30, 2012, 08:44:33 PM
I think the whole birther thing is idiotic.

He's the president of the US. Even if he was the son of Nikita Khrushchev he could get a document that would pass any of these canards of illustrator/raster/vector/razzmatazz any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Is there some "angry-young-man" legitimacy to the birther bunch... I suppose. But really not much in depth thought. The political wolves at the level of the POTUS are at least 5 steps on most of us every second of the day.

In my mind birthers are more manipulated pawns to distract from real and important issues.
Excuse the Alex Jonesiness of this comment, but I understand that Obama has very powerful supporters and promoters. They will protect anyone who delves into this, if it is true that he is born in Kenya.

I wasn't born here, and there's no discrepancy. Why all the mistakes? Why is it always OTHER people who are mistaken? If my grandma says it, she knows it. Bottom line is this: Obama is a shady mother, and if he can get away with it, God knows what else he is up to.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on May 29, 2012, 04:39:09 PM

But it's the far-left mindset to assume that anyone who is suspicious of Obama or who disagrees with his policies does so because of racism and bigotry.  Thus we get this mantra/tirade, which I for one am so sick of hearing.  I have been ready to support Black candidates who were far blacker than the half-black Obama--whose views aligned more closely with my own than Obama's do. 

I'm also a female and although I am not Jewish, I have a strong Jewish heritage in my ancestry and am therefore not at all put off by the idea of a woman or a Jew in the White House.  I am not gay, but close family members are, and I am not put off by thinking they or members of their "class" could be in the White House. 

Too bad it's the far left who works so hard to practice identity politics while the majority of us are looking at character and policies when we make our decisions about voting.

onan

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 31, 2012, 07:10:07 AM
Excuse the Alex Jonesiness of this comment, but I understand that Obama has very powerful supporters and promoters. They will protect anyone who delves into this, if it is true that he is born in Kenya.

I wasn't born here, and there's no discrepancy. Why all the mistakes? Why is it always OTHER people who are mistaken? If my grandma says it, she knows it. Bottom line is this: Obama is a shady mother, and if he can get away with it, God knows what else he is up to.

I dunno FG. To me it all seems a bit contrived. I may be completely wrong... I don't think so. I think there are so many misdirection/spin masters out there that what they say about Obama's gm seem like the only normal response should be "oh ffs stfu".

I mean really this is the shit we get all worked up about! I know many get their snits all tied up if someone references the last imbecile of a president. But his history is much more insidious than perhaps being born in Kenya. But here we are discussing mud slinging rather than discussions that take more thought and insight. Am I pleased with the current pres... not so much but he stinks less than the other one.

Fuck Alex Jones... no really fuck him with a 3 foot horse cock.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on May 31, 2012, 10:19:20 AM
Am I pleased with the current pres... not so much but he stinks less than the other one.

i fail to see how, with confidence, you can say obama stinks less than bush.  he's grown the size and power of government just like bush.  he's further eroded our civil liberties just as bush did.  he's exponentially increased the size of our national debt, just as bush did.  he's proven himself an ally of the war industry just as bush was.  how is obama different in any meaningful regard?  how can people be blind to these similarities and carry water for either of these men while opposing the other?  i'm baffled by this phenomenon.

despite bush's many awful decisions, i think he did genuinely want what was best for this country.  i think obama is a new type of president in that he universally views america as THE problem of the world.  that's the only difference i can really see between the two, and it's the only reason i hold obama in greater contempt than bush. 

i think an american president should be a cheerleader for his country.  he should be our most fervent advocate.  obama hardly qualifies as such with his seedy past among hard left and/or communist revolutionaries and black nationalists who obviously hate the united states and pronounce it loudly at every opportunity, his world apology tours, and his incessant qualification of nearly any remark he makes praising america.  i'll be happy to see him go.

onan

Quote from: MV on May 31, 2012, 10:53:10 AM

i fail to see how...  i'll be happy to see him go.

Good question/statement.

Here is the cut of it. Bush lied about his history of substance abuse. His military record is highly suspect. Once president he was asleep at the wheel until after 9/11. He squandered any good will the rest of the world had for us. He took us into a war with a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. "Bring em on" "mission accomplished"

I am so angry with Obama over continuing the wars I could explode. But socially he leans more to my way of thinking... at least as the camera rolls.

I aint happy with any of the politicos except perhaps Kucinich and Sanders.

So that is pretty much where I stand.

And although I certainly understand your desire for a cheerleader, I would rather have someone that can see the complete picture. We as a country have much to be proud of but to think there are a few times a mea culpa wouldn't be appropriate isn't where I want to be.

alejandro

Quote from: onan on May 31, 2012, 11:15:26 AMsocially he leans more to my way of thinking... at least as the camera rolls.
you said it man! AS THE CAMERA ROLLS! I fail to see how it's social to bail out the international bankers with billions, when all they do is create money out of nothing in the first place to buy up all real goods, land, manufacturing companies and media with it. That's about as social as the Stalin killing off half of his population in the countryside, the bankers and their henchman Obama just do it more subtle.

onan

Quote from: alejandro on May 31, 2012, 02:12:45 PM
you said it man! AS THE CAMERA ROLLS! I fail to see how it's social to bail out the international bankers with billions, when all they do is create money out of nothing in the first place to buy up all real goods, land, manufacturing companies and media with it. That's about as social as the Stalin killing off half of his population in the countryside, the bankers and their henchman Obama just do it more subtle.

The bail out of banks was a grift starting in bush's last term. But yes continued on into the Obama camp. The thinking was if the banks fail we all fail. Well we all failed. And we failed not only because of greed and corruption but also social inertia. People don't give a fuck and when a group does start to make waves they are marginalized be it the tea party or occupy wall street. Both groups were imo mislead and became dupes of the dirty political machine. Truly we cant win until we find some way to take back the government. I am not a fan of anarchy I think that would be worse than what we have. On the other hand I think a french type revolution is starting to spark here. To be honest I am quite shocked that many high profile wall street types have not been attacked.

I dislike bush because he is a pig and a liar (do a search of bush cleaning his glasses with a woman's blouse). I am not fond of barack because he did the same thing Nixon did... "I will stop the war... ummm no I won't" That being said talking about a social net for the impoverished neglected hidden 5% always gets my vote.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on May 31, 2012, 11:15:26 AM
And although I certainly understand your desire for a cheerleader, I would rather have someone that can see the complete picture.

i understand your point, and most people probably would agree with you. 

i just think we live in a brutal world run by animals.  no leader of china is going to "see the complete picture."  i view that notion as a euphemism for the word "handicap."  we've handicapped ourselves for far too long which is why we manufacture nothing and consistently get screwed over by china's currency manipulation and laughably unfair trade practices.  i'm tired of watching a great nation decline just so we can all feel less imperialist or less racist or whatever it is we're supposed to get in exchange for this self inflicted, slow rot.

Quote from: MV on May 31, 2012, 03:00:10 PM
or whatever it is we're supposed to get in exchange for this self inflicted, slow rot.

Aye, matey.  It's as if me wooden leg had become infested with all manner of termites from all over the globe and they be eating into it day and night like it were some Promethean liver, to the point I could no longer use it to stand upon anymore.

There are few things more shameful to the eye than a pirate or country being forced to hop just to get along.

onan

Quote from: MV on May 31, 2012, 03:00:10 PM

i understand your point, and most people probably would agree with you. 

i just think we live in a brutal world run by animals.  no leader of china is going to "see the complete picture."  i view that notion as a euphemism for the word "handicap."  we've handicapped ourselves for far too long which is why we manufacture nothing and consistently get screwed over by china's currency manipulation and laughably unfair trade practices.  i'm tired of watching a great nation decline just so we can all feel less imperialist or less racist or whatever it is we're supposed to get in exchange for this self inflicted, slow rot.

Ya know MV, that is a good point. And hell if I know where to draw that line.

We do in several regards live in a brutal world. So I guess the next question is how do we address that? I used to like the position walk softly but carry a big stick. But there are a crap ton of big sticks out there now. So yeah some dipshits can't or won't be reasoned with. But what about the ones that have legitimate concerns with us? Oh say Iran... which we undermined their democracy and placed Mohammad Rezā Shāh Pahlavī in power which led to the Islamic revolution and we have had problems ever since.

I dunno how to answer that. I think being aware of our conduct in foreign countries may help... mebbe not. It is all too complicated for my head to handle.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on May 31, 2012, 03:39:25 PM
But what about the ones that have legitimate concerns with us? Oh say Iran... which we undermined their democracy and placed Mohammad Rezā Shāh Pahlavī in power which led to the Islamic revolution and we have had problems ever since.

when we wise up and stop meddling in the affairs of countries that don't want us and people who (i think) don't deserve us, we will never have to ask that question again.

Harmness

Hell, maybe I love you, too.

preston

Whoa now trigger that could be seen as cruelty to animals.We don't want PITA to get involved. ;D

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on May 30, 2012, 04:27:11 PM
i think it's funny watching people wave the "birth certificate" from hawaii in our faces as if it's case closed.  you're telling me that couldn't be faked?  you're telling me there's no motivation, nor would there ever be, for something of this nature to be faked?  you're telling me there are no allies of the obama administration in hawaii who could aide in the whole scam? 

i see more evidence to suggest he wasn't born here than to suggest he was.  it doesn't matter what's true, though.  nobody in a position of power cares and nothing can/will be done about it.

Irrefutable evidence of non-US citizenship would only be used if attaching it to another scandal would force resignation.  In today's paradigm, he got a pass on the citizenship issue, but someone, somewhere, is quietly holding it over the Administration's collective head.

Zircon

MV and Knight ... could it be possible that to actually pursue this to its logical end might produce a result so outrageous that this administration would be exposed as a true Manchurian candidate administration? It seems as though this is one of those things we're just not going to talk about (the prevailing powers that be). If it was proven to be true and exposed, well ... it would be catastrophic from a legal and Constitutional perspective. And note I said "exposed". His true status is known as you both allude to. Trying to keep the American public from focusing on this issue is part of the overall game being played out. He is serving the purpose he was chosen/selected for. The man is the ultimate tool and once his usefulness is complete he will promptly exit the stage. The voting public is irrelevant.