• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on June 13, 2016, 12:06:28 AM
Trump has to straighten his ass up and become Presidential or we are doomed.

Art

You couldn't be more wrong. That's exactly what would lose the election for him.

MV/Liberace!

Art, come on MV's Radio TrainWreck with me at the end of the month. We'll chat politics and current events.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2016, 01:37:47 AM
I have absolutely no faith that Trump will preserve and defend the Constitution.  I do have some faith that he will put the right people in place on the Supreme Court and other federal courts.  Those people will still be there long after he is gone.  I could most definitely be wrong about that.  The other choice is Hillary and well we already know that she has little use for the laws in our country.  I'll take the lesser of two evils...
This.  A Clinton supreme court judge that replaces Scalia will swing decisions to the radical left for many years, potentially decades. 

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Art Bell on June 13, 2016, 12:06:28 AM
Trump has to straighten his ass up and become Presidential or we are doomed.

Art

That's not going to happen.  At least not for real.  You can't change the stripes on a zebra.  Therapy doesn't do much for sociopaths. 

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on June 13, 2016, 04:46:25 AM
Art, come on MV's Radio TrainWreck with me at the end of the month. We'll chat politics and current events.
That would be fantastic. 

Lilith

Say Yes Art!  That would be Classic!!

The future is written in the past

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 13, 2016, 01:51:47 AM
You're not making sense. You care about the Supreme Court making good decisions but you don't care about an executive branch that can't be trusted to enforce them? What are you after here, a nice group picture of justices you like and printouts of majority decisions that you can also frame, or laws you favor being legally enforced?

Most people need both to be satisfied because one is no good without the other. Nobody wants bad laws being enforced or good laws not being enforced. You want to get rid of the former and usher in the latter?

This exchange was about Art Bell endorsing Trump early on when the field still had plenty of much better choices, and a side note to point out he also endorsed Obama.

Anyone is free to endorse whoever they like, and that's fine, but when Art continues to claim he's still fairly Libertarian while making these choices, I'm pointing out that is not the same Art we listened to back when he was hosting Coast.  He seems surprised anyone would think that.

As far as Hilary vs Trump, Hilary is probably worse.  Probably.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 13, 2016, 02:43:35 AM
... But don't for a minute think that any person in this primary - regardless of party - isn't a complete, absolute, polished, dangerous, sociopathic bullshit artist.  That's what politicians are. All of them. And it's the ones that can hide that fact from you that are really dangerous. That's how they get elected, they present a polished front. The ones that can't hide it are the better option. I'd rather see through Trump than have Hillary pull a fast one on us. We're closer to truth that way.

There's a ringing endorsement.

73s

+ a ton.

It's been way too long away from the mic Art.

Quote from: 73s on June 13, 2016, 07:47:32 AM
+ a ton.

I agree. But I think it's more likely he would guest host MITD. Either way if Arts healthy enough, I wish he would get on the mic.

Maybe MV could call in or be a guest for a half an hour of Art prefers to do a MITD.

Art, have you accepted Donald Trump back into your life?

Praise Pauley Shore & MV, bateman is okay...

TigerLily

I spend a lot of time in the 90s listening to Art archives. Still waiting to see how the O.J. trial comes out. There was a lot of doom and gloom forecasted for Clinton's reign.  But looking back the 90s were pretty sweet.  Seems Bill wasn't the anti-Christ after all.  I hope we and the entire Country survive the next Presidency despite all the current shaking of fists and wringing of hands and forecasts of doom

What would be sweet is if we had Art's voice to guide us through the darkness. So many interesting topics out there I would love to hear Art's take on including politics and paranormal.  Just like Art has always mixed it up genre-free

But I'm willing to settle for him hanging out here from time to time with the vaguely loveable.  Praise MV

Ms. C

Quote from: TigerLily on June 13, 2016, 10:37:07 AM
I spend a lot of time in the 90s listening to Art archives. Still waiting to see how the O.J. trial comes out. There was a lot of doom and gloom forecasted for Clinton's reign.  But looking back the 90s were pretty sweet.  Seems Bill wasn't the anti-Christ after all.  I hope we and the entire Country survive the next Presidency despite all the current shaking of fists and wringing of hands and forecasts of doom

What would be sweet is if we had Art's voice to guide us through the darkness. So many interesting topics out there I would love to hear Art's take on besides politics and paranormal.  Just like Art has always mixed it up genre-free
Oh TigerLily, I love your words ... superbly expressed! 
+10

What would be sweet is if we had Art's voice to guide us through the darkness. So many interesting topics out there I would love to hear Art's take on besides politics and paranormal.  Just like Art has always mixed it up genre-free

But I'm willing to settle for him hanging out here from time to time with the vaguely loveable.  Praise MV

I was one of those weird people that drove up to Santa Monica a couple of days after the murder and did the whole informal "OJ Murder tour." We (former wife and I) went to OJ`s house, and the murder scene, drove the escape route, etc. I found it fascinating.

bobo17

All
i will talk with art about being on the MV program.

Update
I am still in Mexico trying to find a pet goat that will be a good fit.
The MEETING is still on hold

thanks again
bobo

aldousburbank

Quote from: bobo17 on June 13, 2016, 11:14:59 AM
All
i will talk with art about being on the MV program.

Update
I am still in Mexico trying to find a pet goat that will be a good fit.
The MEETING is still on hold

thanks again
bobo

So none of the goats would get with you huh?  Could be your cologne.

analog kid

What would be sweet is if we had Art's voice to guide us through the darkness. So many interesting topics out there I would love to hear Art's take on including politics and paranormal.  Just like Art has always mixed it up genre-free

Those post 9/11 political problems are so cute in hindsight.

ItsOver

Quote from: bobo17 on June 13, 2016, 11:14:59 AM

...I am still in Mexico trying to find a pet goat that will be a good fit...

thanks again
bobo
An interesting choice of words.  Looking for the all-important personality match, eh?

PaulAtreides

Quote from: 73s on June 13, 2016, 07:47:32 AM
+ a ton.

No, it hasn't.  Stay gone.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 13, 2016, 02:28:49 AM
What you're saying is analogous to choosing between two flights, both of which you believe will crash. But you're choosing to take Flight A because the service is better.

I really think you have no business voting for either of these candidates. If you really believe that neither can be trusted to defend the constitution, not voting for them is the only decent and honorable thing to do. Either that or figure out a way to convince yourself that one of them can be trusted, between now and the election.

This is the road I'm on but I confess it is a hard row to hoe.  I definitely don't want Hillary in the White House though so I'm sure I'll probably hold my nose come Election Day.  I had to do it in '08 and I'm sure I'll have to do it again.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2016, 02:06:59 PM
I definitely don't want Hillary in the White House though so I'm sure I'll probably hold my nose come Election Day.

Hautex

Find myself drifting away from the Dark Matter Digital Network since the stream has to be restarted so often, even on Tune-in. Latest wandering has led to the Truth Frequency Radio, End of Days, Inception Radio, and Darkness Radio. Have not and will never go back to Coast to Coast though, as long as George stays on the air.

JesusJuice

I spend a lot of time in the 90s listening to Art archives. Still waiting to see how the O.J. trial comes out. There was a lot of doom and gloom forecasted for Clinton's reign.  But looking back the 90s were pretty sweet.  Seems Bill wasn't the anti-Christ after all.  I hope we and the entire Country survive the next Presidency despite all the current shaking of fists and wringing of hands and forecasts of doom

But I'm willing to settle for him hanging out here from time to time with the vaguely loveable. 

The last several president were supposed to become dictators and take away our guns and put everyone into FEMA camps and hand over control of the United States Government to the United Nations. We were promised "one thousand years of darkness" if Obama was re-elected.

It never seems to happen. We'll be fine because honestly it doesn't really matter who the president is.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 13, 2016, 12:31:36 AM
I wish you (and a few million others)  would have demonstrated that same insight concerning the Supreme Court before you voted for Obama. He has put two in there, and it is not a certainty that he won't place a third.
Too many people were bamboozled by the slick talking Obama.

Robert

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 13, 2016, 02:43:35 AMYou just haven't figured out how to spot a bullshit artist properly. Yeah, in some ways you see through Trump. That's great. But what you can't seem to see is that THEY ARE ALL bullshit artists. That's the job of a politician. That's how that biz works. Trump is just worse at being a bullshit artist than Hillary so he screws up and puts his foot in his mouth.
That's the point of voting for Trump: He makes the bull shit so obvious that his election would say that the voters know they're all full of it.  In fact the only one who might not get it is Trump himself; there's a slight chance he'll think voters actually believed him!

Robert

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 13, 2016, 07:08:31 AMThis exchange was about Art Bell endorsing Trump early on when the field still had plenty of much better choices, and a side note to point out he also endorsed Obama.

Anyone is free to endorse whoever they like, and that's fine, but when Art continues to claim he's still fairly Libertarian while making these choices, I'm pointing out that is not the same Art we listened to back when he was hosting Coast.  He seems surprised anyone would think that.
Conditions change.  I was a supporter of the Libertarian Party starting in 1976, held several party offices, ran for public office twice, until 2002.  Meanwhile the Bronx Co. chairman of the Conservative Party, who used to rag on me for voting for Libertarians, expects to vote for Johnson & Weld, while I expect to vote for Trump!  It's a strange year politically, and not only in the presidential race.

Robert

Quote from: TigerLily on June 13, 2016, 10:37:07 AMI spend a lot of time in the 90s listening to Art archives. Still waiting to see how the O.J. trial comes out.
No spoilers!

bobo17

great news folks
i found a good fit for me in Mexico
have to go to the vet and get the papers and pay a fee
but should be back in the good old U.S.A. within the day.

Once we get settled, i intend to call art again and get this MEETING done once and for all.

Will update as soon as we are settled in

bobo