• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Art Bell on May 31, 2016, 07:58:48 PM
Hi everybody, just my quick check in to say hi to all. As you know, I think, I have had some health issues. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

Otherwise all is well. I read that some of you think my memory is slipping about the Master card story and it is not, I got a call about it on the show and as a result made calls to my own credit card company which happens to be Master Card with the results I related.
While I do have some physical challenges I think the mind still chugs along ok, (of course if it was going into failure mode I might not know, I might not even care).

Art

Hi Art!
It would be great to hear you do a show again. I miss you!
Take care, and please give us a show every once in a while.

starrmtn001

Hi everybody, just my quick check in to say hi to all. As you know, I think, I have had some health issues. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

Otherwise all is well. I read that some of you think my memory is slipping about the Master card story and it is not, I got a call about it on the show and as a result made calls to my own credit card company which happens to be Master Card with the results I related.
While I do have some physical challenges I think the mind still chugs along ok, (of course if it was going into failure mode I might not know, I might not even care).

Art
It's so wonderful to hear from you, Art.  Thank you for touching bases with us.

Funny, I was just thinking of contacting you regarding the Lumen back procedure.  I have severe disintegrating disc disease, and I'll have nothing to do with anyone cutting into my back.  Would you mind repeating the information about Lumen, please?  My back has begun to limit my activities I used to just take for granted, that I would always be able to do.  Kind of depressing if ya know what I mean.

Again, thanks for letting us know you're still up and kickin' butt. ;) ;D

JesusJuice

Art

It's a good thing that you showed up. The thread was starting to die down.

Ciardelo

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 31, 2016, 08:25:49 PM

It's a good thing that you showed up. The thread was starting to die down.
I imagine he sits at home watching to see how many pages his post gets. I like when he posts during Heather's show so you can clearly tell he doesn't listen to it. lol

Roswells, Art

Art, will you call in to Amy on the Radio? She's on right now. She's on deep talk radio.

Call (424) 253-0632 or (424) 253-0301 | Skype amyontheradio or aotr2

She's the one that used to do the your news.

She's asking for crazy vacation, trip, and camping stories.

JesusJuice

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 31, 2016, 08:31:45 PM
Art, will you call in to Amy on the Radio? She's on right now. She's on deep talk radio.

Call (424) 253-0632 or (424) 253-0301 | Skype amyontheradio or aotr2

She's the one that used to do the your news.

She's asking for crazy vacation, trip, and camping stories.

You'd be a pretty cool guy if you called into Amy's show, Art. Think about it. You're literally not doing anything better right now.

Art Bell

I am afraid I don't have any good crazy vacation stories. I only called Heather because it seemed to fit into her topic which I knew from listening! Why in the World would any of you think I don't? Not every moment of every show of course but I have been trying to give her help and advice which is not really possible if I don't listen.

When I had to go off I am the one who asked her to give it a shot and it just so happened that she had the stuff and the guts to give it a shot or there would have been dead air. Of course it was a rough start but I think any fair person has to admit she has come a million miles from that first show. And while of course the number of subs fell off they have now started to rise so not everybody hates her.

Art

Jackstar

Oh hey Art, nice to see you're still kickin' it. Peace.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Art Bell on May 31, 2016, 09:00:14 PM
I am afraid I don't have any good crazy vacation stories. I only called Heather because it seemed to fit into her topic which I knew from listening! Why in the World would any of you think I don't? Not every moment of every show of course but I have been trying to give her help and advice which is not really possible if I don't listen.

When I had to go off I am the one who asked her to give it a shot and it just so happened that she had the stuff and the guts to give it a shot or there would have been dead air. Of course it was a rough start but I think any fair person has to admit she has come a million miles from that first show. And while of course the number of subs fell off they have now started to rise so not everybody hates her.

Art
Amy would like a Philippines story too Art. She just mentioned it.

Roswells, Art

Art

Fair enough. You don't understand how good you were then if you think you can just stick someone else in there and think we would be happy. I have moved on.

Maybe you can call Amy another time, she is really pretty good. It would be nice to hear you call her show sometime. I was expecting the worst by the way. She isn't bad at all.

Art

Mr Plinketts Bell's basement. I bet that's where he keeps all of his frozen pizza rolls, including the batch that Noory scorched his mouth on. And Heather Wade! Chained to the wall of course. I wonder if she wants to watch The Time Machine on vhs?...

Jackstar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 31, 2016, 09:02:30 PM
I have moved on.

... who are you trying to convince?

EarthAlien007

I am afraid I don't have any good crazy vacation stories.

I'm sure you have some story you could tell. Anything.
It would be so cool if you'd call.

JesusJuice

Art

We asked you to call into Amy's show and instead (and bizarrely) you give us yet another defense of Heather. Oh well. See you again in a month. Take care of your health.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on May 31, 2016, 09:03:37 PM
... who are you trying to convince?

I haven't listened to MiTD in weeks. The fake John Titor episode was when she fully lost my support.

Jackstar

But, I was relying on you to tell me when she comes around on this Sandy Hook thing. Now what am I supposed to do?

Hog

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 31, 2016, 08:14:35 PM

Funny, I was just thinking of contacting you regarding the Lumen back procedure.  I have severe disintegrating disc disease, and I'll have nothing to do with anyone cutting into my back.  Would you mind repeating the information about Lumen, please?  My back has begun to limit my activities I used to just take for granted, that I would always be able to do.  Kind of depressing if ya know what I mean.

Lumbar laminectomy? usually shorter recovery times due to less surgical induced trauma, though, sometimes cutting is indicated.
There are lots of good videos on Youtube/

peace
Hog

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on May 31, 2016, 09:08:53 PM
But, I was relying on you to tell me when she comes around on this Sandy Hook thing. Now what am I supposed to do?

heh

Jackstar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 31, 2016, 09:06:56 PM
The fake John Titor episode

Isn't Bell on the hook for that stinker as much as she be?

JesusJuice

Quote from: Jackstar on May 31, 2016, 09:12:24 PM

No. He deleted his social media posts that promoted that particular show. He's in the clear.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Hog on May 31, 2016, 09:10:00 PM
Lumbar laminectomy? usually shorter recovery times due to less surgical induced trauma, though, sometimes cutting is indicated.
There are lots of good videos on Youtube/

peace
Hog
Any 'do it yourself' videos? ;D

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on May 31, 2016, 09:12:24 PM

Well she did blame us for being so rude for telling him he wasn't the real John Titor, even though she agreed with us at the time. Regardless of being real or fake he was just the most boring guest. It sounded like some dude sitting on his couch with his hand stuck in his sweatpants.

Jackstar

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 31, 2016, 09:14:50 PM
No. He deleted his social media posts that promoted that particular show. He's in the clear.

starrmtn001

Art
Art, you don't owe anyone an explanation.  Your friends don't need one, and your not-so-much friends don't deserve one. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 31, 2016, 09:15:06 PM
Well she did blame us for being so rude for telling him he wasn't the real John Titor, even though she agreed with us at the time. Regardless of being real or fake he was just the most boring guest. It sounded like some dude sitting on his couch with his hand stuck in his sweatpants.

I picture the other hand being on a bottle of Jim Beam. His phone was on speaker.  ;)

Ciardelo

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 31, 2016, 08:14:35 PM

When Mike Seigal  took over for Art the big pain management product was a blanket with magnets. Mike never did sound convincing but Art? Art had me wanting one. Has that Lumen thing ever been sold anywhere but on Art's show? I've never seen or heard an ad anywhere else.

TigerLily

Art. Amy has been very respectful of Heather. She didn't take a competing time. She refuses to put up with Heather bashing. She said she would love to talk to you about the Philippines.  Hate us but it's not Amy's fault.

Would love to hear you live

Ciardelo

We're up to a page and-a-half since Art posted! Come on BellGabbers! Let's give the old man another page! Let's talk about Heather!

WhiteCrow

I am afraid I don't have any good crazy vacation stories.

Art

Oh you will Mr Bell.. you will ...trust White Crow ..you will ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: Ciardelo on May 31, 2016, 09:22:28 PM
We're up to a page and-a-half since Art posted! Come on BellGabbers! Let's give the old man another page! Let's talk about Heather!

You first