• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

73s

Quote from: malliard on May 17, 2016, 08:43:36 PM
DMDN doesn't even acknowledge some of its own shows on it is own website....

I've been seeing that. There seems little logic in selectively promoting Heather outside of personal motivations.

Quote from: norland2424 on May 17, 2016, 09:51:40 PM
How dare you mock him, he did survive this onslaught with only his glock and one mag

Sonny walks away from this with a scraped up kneecap, mind you.

73s

I think we all need to move on from Art. Now that he's saying his health is the dominant problem, I don't see a realistic path for any return. It seems he doesn't even feel up to any on-air time at all.

I'm disappointed and frankly a bit surprised but c'est la vie.  I still appreciate all the hours of entertainment he provided and the genre he helped to bring mainstream.

I wish him well in his retirement.

Quote from: 73s on May 18, 2016, 06:48:01 AM
I think we all need to move on from Art. Now that he's saying his health is the dominant problem, I don't see a realistic path for any return. It seems he doesn't even feel up to any on-air time at all.

I'm disappointed and frankly a bit surprised but c'est la vie.  I still appreciate all the hours of entertainment he provided and the genre he helped to bring mainstream.

Just because you've given up on Art Bell doesn't mean you have to give up on...BellGab.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: cweb on May 17, 2016, 09:09:20 PM
Part of the problem was that he got too excited too fast and didn't do much to manage expectations. If that's just how he is, so be it. He went all-in going five days a week, instead of just doing one or two shows a week like many people thought made more sense. Stalker or not, this may have helped burn out the Art Bell-hosted MITD.

I totally agree. As is the way with Art, he went in without a plan and the wheels came off very quickly. He was fuelled by ego, and the need to get back at Noory, without remembering the numerous other times he quit because he was bored. He's probably one of those people who are bored whatever they do, that's why he has to keep stirring things up from time to time. It wouldn't surprise me if he decides to float another 'comeback' in a few months. He could have done a live show twice a week, and he would have been able to pick his guests with more care, instead of the makeweights that found their way on to MiTD all too often. He should have started out by saying he didn't know how long the show would continue, and everyone would have accepted when he'd decided that he'd had enough.

Lilith

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 18, 2016, 07:08:20 AM
Just because you've given up on Art Bell doesn't mean you have to give up on...BellGab.

I will NEVER give up on BellGab!

Praise MV!

Kolchak

Quote from: 73s on May 17, 2016, 08:25:30 PM
On a side topic, regarding MITD shilling, I find it slightly disappointing that he doesn't also shill a bit for Amy. She has a different time slot than MITD and is being very respectful of that program and only has positive things to say. I would think he might have some pride that another person is giving radio a serious push (seemingly mostly on her own) and who owes some of her start to working with Art. Can't he promote additional shows?

I think Amy's product is superior. If Art agreed, even subconsciously, it would certainly create some cognitive dissonance.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: 73s on May 18, 2016, 06:48:01 AM

Which one?

zeebo

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on May 18, 2016, 08:23:15 AM
I will NEVER give up on BellGab!

Praise MV!
Oh, yes.  I know my Roman gear for YP and SV orgies and assorted bacchanals is around here somewhere.  Ah!  Here we go.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on May 18, 2016, 11:33:36 AM
Oh, yes.  I know my Roman gear for YP and SV orgies and assorted bacchanals is around here somewhere.  Ah!  Here we go.

You look Marvelous!

... and Dashing!

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on May 18, 2016, 11:38:23 AM
You look Marvelous!

... and Dashing!
Thank yew, dahling.  You should see those pet shop boys, across the pond, fighting over me.  It's a sin. ;)

Just Me

I quit, I demand a refund, I want my money back, you hear!  >:(

ACE of CLUBS

Noory continues to kick Art Bell's ass ...... hilarious!

effluenza

For those playing at home. Each day Art promotes the show by sharing a link from the MITD website and then deletes the post the next day when he shares the link for the next night. All comments are washed away. Improving everyday.

Quote from: effluenza on May 18, 2016, 05:35:08 PM
For those playing at home. Each day Art promotes the show by sharing a link from the MITD website and then deletes the post the next day when he shares the link for the next night. All comments are washed away. Improving everyday.

It's to protect himself from the stalker.

Ciardelo

Nice!

He's going to back any day now.

He just needs to hire this guy for security or take a course on how to do this.

If he comes back he should interview this guy about the collapse of Europe and Western Civilization...

https://youtu.be/7aEMxQloXP0

ItsOver

It's good to see The Stalker is reasonable.  He's apparently down with Mr. Bell supporting MITD and Ms. Wade doing the show.  And maybe Art doing one show a year.  You just don't want to press him.

ACE of CLUBS

Quitter, quitter
Old and bitter ....
Dumped his fans
Into the shitter .....

norland2424

Quote from: QuantumMystics on May 18, 2016, 06:41:03 PM
If he comes back he should interview this guy about the collapse of Europe and Western Civilization...

https://youtu.be/7aEMxQloXP0

Lol lol better start learning how to speak farsi then.

albrecht

Quote from: norland2424 on May 18, 2016, 08:00:39 PM
Lol lol better start learning how to speak farsi then.
Nah, they have too  much history and culture there. Think bastardized Spanish or Arabic as the more likely candidate. Eventually some variety of Chinese though.

effluenza

He's not even bothering pimping how good heather is and that she's improving every day anymore. He's just posting a link to the show and running.

Scorch

Is Art on MITD from time to time?  I cancelled some time back.  Is it any good?

Gotta remove Tha avatar please forgive.  Forgot about that.

Thanks

I wonder where Airyn would live if she had, oh, $5-10 million and could live anywhere.  Philippines?  LA?  Vegas?  San Francisco area?  May as well add Pahrump 

Quote from: Scorch on May 18, 2016, 10:15:52 PM

Thanks

Hahaha...well, I don't know about it being good, but you've missed a lot if you've been gone this long. I think AB's done just one show, an open lines, which I thought was pretty good. Nothing since. MITD went to a five hour format when the immortal Hoag bailed.

pate

Quote from: ShayP on May 19, 2016, 02:43:02 AM
I think once.  Fuck Art Bell and his fake stalker.  Oops....said too much.

Art fucked his stalker?  What in the world!?!

RickySsan

Quote from: Scorch on May 18, 2016, 10:15:52 PM

Thanks

Nope, smart move, nah..