• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

LoLo

Unless I didn't hear Art correctly last night, he said he thinks that Heather should make MITD her own show.

If he really thinks that then why can't she change up the bumper music a bit among other things? Didn't Heather make a comment about the bumper music on a recent GabCast? Why does it sound like he's still pulling the strings if he has no interest in the show as far as making money from it? Why do they talk on the phone everyday? (That's really none of my business, but if she's so talented, why does she need a cheerleader?)

Are there discounts on music licenses for ABBA songs?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 01:48:14 PM
i'm not saying heather is a seasoned pro or that she's beyond critique, but i do believe the audience would have reacted similarly with any replacement host.  just my opinion, and i could be totally wrong.

Not totally wrong, but mostly, IMO. Any replacement host would've caught flak initially, just as fallout from the way Art left. Then, gradually, as people listened, they would have given the new host credit for whatever talents and abilities they brought to the show. Gradual but genuine acceptance, at least on a temporary basis.

Heather isn't accepted because she hasn't got the goods and most listeners refuse to be cowed into saying or believing otherwise. just because a few others choose to accept her.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: brig on February 05, 2016, 03:09:31 PM
Honestly, I think at this point, it's the 'paranormal only' environment of the DMDN that is its own worst enemy.  Not Art, not Heather, not any host in particular.  Art was always a guy that took on whatever was in the forefront of peoples minds from one day to the next, and sticking him in a 'paranormal box' kind of made his show boring in my most humble opinion.

Nailed it ......
What more can be said about Bigfoot, UFO sightings, Shadow People, or ??? ......
It's all been said and done countless times before ..... and by the same old tired shucksters .....

Maybe Dave isn't getting the credit he deserves ..... venturing away from the oh so ordinary paranormal.
Combined with a work ethic, business sense, and a wonderful stage presence and voice ....... clearly a winner - when compared to Art Bell.
Dave doesn't seem to attract the 'Batshit Crazy Nutbars' either ....... he probably will never interview Mr. Fidget, so he's safe there.

onan

Quote from: Dr Who on February 05, 2016, 03:26:52 PM
Heres my problem.MV Last Year said that Keith Roland was a shit then when the interview with Keith was done and he could get one of the programes back on his network MV said oh he wasnt that bad.Four Podcasts back MV SAYS IF ART COMES BACK I WILL TAKE THE ATTITUDE(OH WELL) I am proud to say I have always stuck by Art and by Redacted .I get you want to make money MV but your turning into Ed Dames. Man who sit on fence get splinters in ass.

It is one thing to be consistent in matters of care, personal responsibilities, and honesty. When it comes to emotions and relationships, situations become more fluid. We are quite complicated. When I first heard of Keith's behaviors, I think, during the Sirius period, I too thought Keith was a dickbag. After hearing him on a gabcast, my opinion changed. It changed again with the last postings regarding Heather. If you want me to dislike someone forever, you may well be disappointed.

trostol

Quote from: brig on February 05, 2016, 03:09:31 PM
Well, yeah, if just "being one of us" is the basic criteria for praise and encouragement from the bellgabbers. Heck, if that's the case, Mr Fidget can do the job.
If I lose my Turbo Mode for saying so, then so be it, but there are at least three bellgabbers that I can think of that I would have been THRILLED to see take that spot.  Honestly, I think at this point, it's the "paranormal only" environment of the DMDN that is its own worst enemy.  Not Art, Not Heather, Not any host in particular.  Art was always a guy that took on whatever was in the forefront of peoples minds from one day to the next, and sticking him in a "paranormal box" kind of made his show boring in my most humble opinion.

None the less, it's Not MV's fault.  MV probably thought about what he thought would be the most honorable way to handle a gabcast with Art, and stuck to it. So for that at least, I say:

Praise MV!

that is part of the problem..paranormal topics/shows are now pretty much over saturated with everyone seemingly having their own podcast about them...the show needs more than UFO's/ET..bigfoot..cryptids...new agey consciousness folks...because at this point i believe everything has been heard and most guests have little or nothing new to add 

theONE

Quote from: theONE on February 05, 2016, 04:40:12 AM
ART said that the threatening phone call was from some young kid,
and that [they] have a pretty good idea who it is, but can not prove it.

OK. let's work with this information from Art.

1). young kid.
Young kid who is so pissed off with Art to call him, and specifically [according] to ART is giving
an ultimatum of Art not doing radio show...that ART [and family] will be death if Art
continues to do radio show.

So what we have here.
Kid is not interested in money, no cash demand, we talking no BiG cash ransom demand.
That means Art did something to somebody so fucking terrible that that person is not even
interested in BiG MONEY as a compensation.
Normally pissed of person that was hurt by Art would say , OK fucker give me so many thousands
of dollars and we are even for the shit you did to me.

But here we don't have that. OK-we don't know if the ransom demand was made, but logically
thinking [even if Art would say nothing to us if there was a ransom demand],
but Art would be able to eventually settle that,..pay the money and go on the air,
especially that apparently very-VERY lucrative deal was almost done with CUMULUS Radio MEDIA Giant
with hundreds of radio stations.
We talking millions of listeners and dollars in profit for DMDN and MITD.
So if ransom was in question Art would take care of it to save his show and
to sign contract with CUMULUS.

That takes this into other areas...who and why ??
Asking for no money, just for Art to get the fuck of the air.

If [they] I assume [they] are Art and his wife, know the kid, so he is local...from Pahrump,Nevada
What Art could do to a young kid to get death treat ultimatum not to do radio show -??

Did Art recognized kid's voice on the phone, otherwise why Art said , /we know who it is/.
Or if Art did not recognized kids voice on the phone, than Art must have idea why someone
if after him,hired the kid,and is after Art to get off the radio show is the ultimate goal.

Did Art screw up someone so badly that radio show is the ultimate bargain chip ??

Hiring young kid by someone could be risky,young kid could easily fuck up the action,
is young kid acting for him self, or for someone else ??  How young,how old is that kid ??
Kid could be 15-17 years old or 25 years old in Art's [70 old] perception.

Anyway, it is interesting story.
Could be someone who lost his job /livelihood/ because of Art, and now is pay back time and Art is
forced from his job.

The shooter , did not shoot Art, just forced him off the air.
Did Art forced someone else in the past from the air ??

"When I was climbing the ladder in Radio I was brutal with competition and took delight in crushing them
which I am sure is despite Business being War, a Sin I am sure, which when Dave pulled some tricks
and ended up on 104 I understood as karmic retribution.

I have always carried a weird kind of guilt about success because I am sure much was just luck
and there are a lot of talented people who don't have i
t." -Art B.

Or is it one of Art's sons ?? , he had two.

I would be very interested in DarKPenguiN take on it, if he thinks is of any interest to him.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 03:31:32 PM
dickbag
Had to go deep into the dsm5 for that unprofessional nomenclature dincha'
::) ::)

Art Bell

Boy I have struggled to remain neutral in all this hate but I have had it up to here and now feel Art lied about everything, would not know the truth if it bit him in the ass. He is the most disingenuous Con Man I have ever heard, simply a lying SOB. Beyond that I don't trust him, if I don't stop now I will Vomit, I will never listen to that Pussy again and want my money back.

onan

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 05, 2016, 03:33:01 PM
::)

Thought you had me on ignore? or did you wipe that post too?

Look man, you need help. You really do. I am sorry that your insight doesn't allow that. At this point, it is all up to you. Want to continue living off of others, be my guest, I will continue to see you as a con man with few redeeming qualities.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on February 05, 2016, 03:27:17 PM
In my own mind onan, I was speaking about the part where Art indicated that he expected better from bellgabbers toward Heather since she was "one of us" and the concept that by THAT definition, ANY of us bellgabbers could have filled Arts spot.  Yes, even Mr Fidget.

The biggest difference was Heather was already working for the network, was already familiar with the guests that were lined up, and was available to sit in the chair. I can see why Art thought she was the logical choice. She had been interviewing potential guests in her role as producer, and had been getting advice in that job from Art.

I've heard Mr. Fidget. I've heard Heather. Whether Art made the right choice or not, I choose to support Heather. She got put into a difficult situation, and I think she has been doing a good job.

I am glad that Art came out and said she should make the show her own. I have a feeling she has been reticent to do that as long as she was "just keeping the chair warm". She will sink or swim on her own merits. Keith couldn't afford to keep the show going if it wasn't paying for itself.

Even without Art, I still find it easier to listen to than C2C.

Quote from: Dr Who on February 05, 2016, 03:26:52 PM
Heres my problem.MV Last Year said that Keith Roland was a shit then when the interview with Keith was done and he could get one of the programes back on his network MV said oh he wasnt that bad.Four Podcasts back MV SAYS IF ART COMES BACK I WILL TAKE THE ATTITUDE(OH WELL) I am proud to say I have always stuck by Art and by Redacted .I get you want to make money MV but your turning into Ed Dames. Man who sit on fence get splinters in ass.

No Permanent Allies, No Permanent Enemies. Only Permanent Interests

Ciardelo

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 03:31:32 PM
It is one thing to be consistent in matters of care, personal responsibilities, and honesty. When it comes to emotions and relationships, situations become more fluid. We are quite complicated. When I first heard of Keith's behaviors, I think, during the Sirius period, I too thought Keith was a dickbag. After hearing him on a gabcast, my opinion changed. It changed again with the last postings regarding Heather. If you want me to dislike someone forever, you may well be disappointed.
Thanks for the mature, well thought-out post. I wonder what the motives are for some of these posters, day after day bleating about some imagined harm or assault on their ears. Do they not know one can just simply turn off the show? If they are so offended, why do they keep on trying to plead their case here in such an ineffectual way?

onan

Quote from: Art Bell on February 05, 2016, 03:35:15 PM
Boy I have struggled to remain neutral in all this hate but I have had it up to here and now feel Art lied about everything, would not know the truth if it bit him in the ass. He is the most disingenuous Con Man I have ever heard, simply a lying SOB. Beyond that I don't trust him, if I don't stop now I will Vomit, I will never listen to that Pussy again and want my money back.

lol, you just confused the shit out of many or the posters here. Kudos.

Art, it's obvious most, if not all of us want you back on the air. Do what you need to do. I believe Heather will build a solid following. It won't the naysayers here.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 03:06:16 PM
unlike me, you're presenting opinion as fact.  what evidence is there to suggest you're right?  all i see is a trail of replacement hosts, each of whom were widely panned following art's departure.  "just as good" or "very good" are entirely subjective.  the only thing that isn't subjective is the fact that a host replacing art isn't art.

Heather is a new low. In terms of quality, the search for Art's replacement is going in the wrong direction. Noory is better than Heather, as a reference point. And yes, almost everything in this field is subjective, except for the numbers. I do believe that the numbers are not and will not be her friend.

Ciardelo

heh. You da man Art! lol Heather still beats out Dave any day of the week.

ItsOver

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 05, 2016, 03:28:13 PM
Not totally wrong, but mostly, IMO. Any replacement host would've caught flak initially, just as fallout from the way Art left. Then, gradually, as people listened, they would have given the new host credit for whatever talents and abilities they brought to the show. Gradual but genuine acceptance, at least on a temporary basis.

Heather isn't accepted because she hasn't got the goods and most listeners refuse to be cowed into saying or believing otherwise. just because a few others choose to accept her.
I would have gratefully accepted Howard Hughes and I believe many others would have, as well.  However, any experienced, talented host would naturally shy away from the "opportunity" due to the surrounding circus and uncertainly hosting MITD.  In it's current state, MITD isn't that attractive an option for somebody even on the fringes of Art's talent and experience. 

However, I, and most others, weren't waiting for two years after the Sirius debacle for MITD, though.  We were waiting for Art Bell.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 05, 2016, 03:38:59 PM
Heather is a new low. In terms of quality, the search for Art's replacement is going in the wrong direction. Noory is better than Heather, as a reference point. And yes, almost everything in this field is subjective, except for the numbers. I do believe that the numbers are not and will not be her friend.

The show will go on until Jazmunda calls in.

Dr Who

The amount of two faced basdards in this forum is incredible.Trolls fuck of and you no what my arm has a long reach and I may just come after a few to prove a point.

theONE

Boy, checking some of the adds here is quite entertaining ... :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on February 05, 2016, 03:40:44 PM
I would have gratefully accepted Howard Hughes and I believe many others would have, as well.  However, any experienced, talented host would naturally shy away from the "opportunity" due to the surrounding circus and uncertainly hosting MITD.  In it's current state, MITD isn't that attractive an option for somebody even on the fringes of Art's talent and experience. 

However, I, and most others, weren't waiting for two years after the Sirius debacle for MITD, though.  We were waiting for Art Bell.

And at last count you got about 90 shows worth. That's all you paid for.

ItsOver

"That's true, too."

Mr. Fidget

damn man!
lol

SciFiAuthor

I'm tired of your attacks on Art Bell. Stop being such a hater!

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 05, 2016, 03:42:31 PM
And at last count you got about 90 shows worth. That's all you paid for.
No.  I actually paid for a month of Ms. Wade, as well, hoping for Art's return. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 05, 2016, 03:45:51 PM
I'm tired of your attacks on Art Bell. Stop being such a hater.

Don't you have a tree to climb?

onan

Quote from: brig on February 05, 2016, 03:27:17 PM
In my own mind onan, I was speaking about the part where Art indicated that he expected better from bellgabbers toward Heather since she was "one of us" and the concept that by THAT definition, ANY of us bellgabbers could have filled Arts spot.  Yes, even Mr Fidget.

I think I understand. Art has demonstrated a strong sense of loyalty. Once he has that, I don't think he reconsiders. That can be a wonderful trait or a tragic flaw. I think his world view regarding loyalty encompasses this forum.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on February 05, 2016, 03:46:23 PM
No.  I actually paid for a month of Ms. Wade, as well, hoping for Art's return.

I can see why you are so upset then.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 05, 2016, 03:45:51 PM
I'm tired of your attacks on Art Bell. Stop being such a hater.
Maybe Art should start the "Art Bell Sucks!  The definitive compendium thread."   ;D