• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on February 01, 2016, 04:39:41 AM
interesting idea     

..........POST   NO   POSTS    TILL THURS

Well, I guess I fucked that whole concept up... You should have posted it earlier.

Element 115

Quote from: ziznak on February 01, 2016, 08:40:49 AM
funny you mention this I was thinking of actually listening to that show... I've always skip it when I go through the collection.

It's well worth it.  Mr. Fidget seems like a great guy.  I am not sure of the conspiracy now regarding Mr. Fidget but it's good to remember him as it was during that interview when he called Art from the pay phone in Santa Cruz.  He got in on the first call after the guest and Art kept him on for the remainder of the show.  One of my favorite parts was the caller who called in preaching how evil the guest was (Dr. Wendy Lockwood - Atlantis & the Hollow Earth).  Mr. Fidget's response was awesome.  I also wonder what ever became of Wendy Lockwood.  I did a search and turned up some old, late 90s website.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Imconfused on February 01, 2016, 07:19:04 AM
I don't find it strange at all.  I did try to like SR.  I just don't like the driving mechanics in the game.  I mean compare to GTA.  It just spoils it for me.

And yeah - Roman,  I do agree here.  But you can do other stuff.
Take it to the video games thread

Imconfused

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 01, 2016, 09:16:05 AM
Take it to the video games thread

You do have a hard on for me,  don't you.  Please don't forget to PM me a story of your life.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Imconfused on February 01, 2016, 09:22:44 AM
You do have a hard on for me,  don't you.  Please don't forget to PM me a story of your life.

Not at all. You are confused.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 01, 2016, 03:14:19 AM
*Hand*. I'm making hot dogs, want one?
Sure. I've never had a Japanese hot dog.  I hear they're small but tasty.

Quote from: ItsOver on February 01, 2016, 10:09:20 AM
Sure. I've never had a Japanese hot dog.  I hear they're small but tasty.

*fake asian accent* DOLL-FIN!!!  ;D

Oh, those Chinamen. Crosses eyes and constantly bowing... "A thousand apologies!"

ItsOver

Meanwhile, down under, Jaz strikes again in an Aussie road rage?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/12133344/Driver-deliberately-mows-down-17-kangaroos-in-Australia.html

Either taking down MITD was not enough or too much to take?

Quote from: ItsOver on February 01, 2016, 10:19:09 AM
Meanwhile, down under, Jaz strikes again in an Aussie road rage?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/12133344/Driver-deliberately-mows-down-17-kangaroos-in-Australia.html

Either taking down MITD was not enough or too much to take?

Maybe the kangaroos didn't want to live?

Edit: A dingo DID eat that baby.  :'(

SredniVashtar

Quote from: norland2424 on January 31, 2016, 09:21:07 PM
yup they posted this since people kept calling in

At the risk of indulging in a bit more post-mortem equine brutality, that report is not evidence of anything, other than confirming that a report was filed. Art couldn't confirm he was fired at by someone. The police didn't find anything. Despite extra patrols subsequently, they still didn't find anything. So, based on this mountain of evidence, Art concludes that there is a threat to his family that necessitates him going off air, indefinitely. He might as well blame global warming for going off the air. Or shadow people.

Gruntled

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 01, 2016, 09:00:38 AM
There will always be a need for the Art Bell thread. Future generations will come here and study what many anthropologists eventually classify as the event horizon of singularity. Turing tests will be won and lost here. Jazmunda's last gasps of fandom will be heard as the mutant platypuses transcend sentience and eradicate the Cockney accent and Aussie rules football from Oz. Political opponents of MV will use the information on this site to try and discredit his campaign, but the Random Fat Dude party ends up dominating world affairs. eCig manufacturing becomes a cottage industry for those wise enough to obtain Turbo mode. Manufacturing of Government issued Fidgets end up depleting the iron in the earth's core, collapsing the magnetic field. This allows sufficient sunlight (primarily UVA) to reach the earths surface to finally allow Freyja to get a tan. DarkPenguin has an ephinany, and dedicates his life to correcting all the spelling errors in the thread, but is never able to fully decipher all of Sredni's posts, so reckuF. BellBoy will carry all of your emotional baggage right up until the penultimate post. So if anyone is ever the last person to read this thread, please turn out the light and close the blast door.
Of what is this  "Turbo Mode"  you speak?
How does one obtain it?
Thanks

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Gruntled on February 01, 2016, 10:36:01 AM
How does one obtain it?
Thanks

I found this 'how to' video online as to the best way of obtaining turbo mode status. This was back in the days when Gravity really did Suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY15R3yHBEI

GravitySucks

Quote from: Gruntled on February 01, 2016, 10:36:01 AM
How does one obtain it?
Thanks

Are you Samoan, or are you able to pass as Samoan in dim lighting?

MV has prerequisites. There are other ways to obtain Turbo mode, but this is by far the easiest. So let's start there.

Gruntled

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 01, 2016, 10:39:23 AM
Are you Samoan, or are you able to pass as Samoan in dim lighting?

MV has prerequisites. There are other ways to obtain Turbo mode, but this is by far the easiest. So let's start there.
Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 01, 2016, 10:38:54 AM
I found this 'how to' video online as to the best way of obtaining turbo mode status. This was back in the days when Gravity really did Suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY15R3yHBEI
Maybe a teenie bit of Samoan and I do know how to whistle so, MV, please accept my request for Turbo classification and all the perks that go with it.
Your humble-d campeseno,  Gruntled.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: The King of Kings on February 01, 2016, 08:53:52 AM
That is a lot of speculation and generalization.

Where did you source your statement that all Muslims and Africans were killing everyone (in the UK)?

Not even the DM would headline that crock of shit, so where did you get it from?

Like I said, you are going out like a bitch.  I asked you to cite any links that I posted that were untrue and you still are digging a deeper whole of embarrassment for yourself.

And you were tasked with (rightly) substantiating it, for the reasons given. So get on it bitch.

Here's the DM model of news gathering...

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 01, 2016, 10:38:54 AM

Suck, blow, suck, blow..turbo. Boom.

Praise MV, arbitor of all.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2016, 11:46:01 AM
Where did you source your statement that all Muslims and Africans were killing everyone (in the UK)?

Not even the DM would headline that crock of shit, so where did you get it from?

And you were tasked with (rightly) substantiating it, for the reasons given. So get on it bitch.

You can go to each areas police twitter feeds.  Literally 90% of the people they are looking for are blacks and arabs for rapes and murders.

Also, don't use bullying language or insult my culture, nation or racial ancestry.  I will be forced to contact the British Authorities and have you thrown in jail as that is illegal in your great country.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: The King of Kings on February 01, 2016, 12:14:11 PM
You can go to each areas police twitter feeds.  Literally 90% of the people they are looking for are blacks and arabs for rapes and murders.

The police twitter feeds are saying all Muslims and Africans are killing everyone? Roughly how many different mind altering substances do you inject/inhale each day?

Also, don't use bullying language or insult my culture, nation or racial ancestry.  I will be forced to contact the British Authorities and have you thrown in jail as that is illegal in your great country.

You do make me laugh; the way you extrapolate unsaid statements...But to make it easier for you, disavow yourself of the notion of you having a culture; and your ancestory? I know nothing of it, so how the hell can I insult it? C'mon bitch, work with me.

Mr. Fidget

Like I said, if Art won't tend to his "vaguely lovables" I can keep stirring it up. Nobody said anything about Art "going off script", in the way I explained above. *Nobody* did, because it was unprofessional... just like his continuing refusal to address the situational elements at play, in my situation.
   We did get plenty of further unnecessary degradation of my character though! Yea!
::)

Art, you can handle it, just apologize.

Mr. Fidget, it's apparent to us all that the fidgets have stopped working and that you've officially lost your fidgin' mind.

You may need to move onto something harder now to keep your schizophrenia in check.

ziznak

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 01, 2016, 01:06:43 PM
   Like I said, if Art won't tend to his "vaguely lovables" I can keep stirring it up. Nobody said anything about Art "going off script", in the way I explained above. *Nobody* did, because it was unprofessional... just like his continuing refusal to address the situational elements at play, in my situation.
   We did get plenty of further unnecessary degradation of my character though! Yea!
::)

Art, you can handle it, just apologize.
.... im afraid you should stick to the mr fidget thread sir... we've got some hardcore trolls here.  Shouldn't you be out fudgiting somebody out of their money in your own thread?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: ziznak on February 01, 2016, 01:49:46 PM
.... im afraid you should stick to the mr fidget thread sir... we've got some hardcore trolls here.  Shouldn't you be out fudgiting somebody out of their money in your own thread?
Talking about Art, in Art's thread... man.
It's ok!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 01, 2016, 02:00:38 PM
Talking about Art, in Art's thread... man.
It's ok!

Still haven't answered the question fidget, where did that money go and why was it not refunded?

Imconfused

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2016, 12:39:42 PM
The police twitter feeds are saying all Muslims and Africans are killing everyone? Roughly how many different mind altering substances do you inject/inhale each day?

You do make me laugh; the way you extrapolate unsaid statements...But to make it easier for you, disavow yourself of the notion of you having a culture; and your ancestory? I know nothing of it, so how the hell can I insult it? C'mon bitch, work with me.

You don't live in London,  do you.  I lived there 20 years ago and already then I could not find an english man on the streets.  Must be much better now.  Go take a trip and check it out.

Imconfused

Quote from: ziznak on February 01, 2016, 01:49:46 PM

hahaha.  When did this new avatar happen?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 01, 2016, 10:33:34 AM
At the risk of indulging in a bit more post-mortem equine brutality   ....    but you've never been the sort of guy to turn down a hump, if those begging emails you send me are to be believed.

If sending you the words "let's hump" with you responding less than ten minutes later with "7 p.m., my place" constitutes begging, then a beggar I am. The sad fact is that you are a filthy slut. And I love you for it.

that report is not evidence of anything, other than confirming that a report was filed.

People were asking for corroboration that the police reports existed and weren't made up. They were corroborated by the fact that they were released by the Sheriff's department directly. Seems completely cut and dry to me.

The rescinding of the fatwa wasn't conditional on Rushdie stopping his seditious scribblings and becoming a window cleaner

I don't think it was ever rescinded. It's my understanding that Rushdie gets a Christmas card from the Iranian theocracy each year reiterating that they still intend to kill him. That said, look, if you're concerned about your security in his situation, you disappear as best you can and maintain as low a profile as is possible. Rushdie did not. He continued writing and doing the lecture circuit, and does to this day. I don't blame him for that, but he's taking risks, the same as Art took a risk playing in the snow. It's just what humans do.

I was thinking of a remake of Fiddler on the Roof, with Falkie as the fiddler, but I don't think they have invented a material strong enough to keep him up there without some kind of wire-harness

I never liked Fiddler on the Roof, so that idea is dead. I think we need to think science fiction. Dr. Falkie, a mad scientist who has been rejected by the scientific community at large (but not Hoagland) has constructed a time machine of rather poor quality out of the magnets from a pile of broken box fans. He uses to the time machine to visit his friend and financier George Noory in the past, but encounters mystery and intrigue when he notices that George looked older in the past than he does in the present. After smoking a joint and deliberating on it over a bag of potato chips, Falkie embarks on a quest to find out why only to discover that George is an alien sent from the future to dumb down the human race and prepare us for conquest. Then Falkie screws the whole thing up and we get conquered. I smell blockbuster.

I have noticed in the past that you do tend to over-stress the drug references in our previous film collaborations. I know you are all into meta-narrative, but I thought the Driving Miss Daisy remake we did, where they were both doing bumps of coke off the hood of the car, made it very difficult to sell in the Bible Belt. 

I'll remind you that our Driving Miss Daisy remake did $24 on a budget of $16. It was pure genius on my part for having the car inexplicably explode at the end of the film killing the occupants. The batman cameo was equally bad ass and you know it. So stop thinking commercially and let me do what I do best; direct movies. Like Orson Welles, I feel like I'm being boiled alive by the studio system. There's too much producing going on around here.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 01, 2016, 03:16:53 PM
If sending you the words "let's hump" with you responding less than ten minutes later with "7 p.m., my place" constitutes begging, then a beggar I am. The sad fact is that you are a filthy slut. And I love you for it.

People were asking for corroboration that the police reports existed and weren't made up. They were corroborated by the fact that they were released by the Sheriff's department directly. Seems completely cut and dry to me.

I don't think it was ever rescinded. It's my understanding that Rushdie gets a Christmas card from the Iranian theocracy each year reiterating that they still intend to kill him. That said, look, if you're concerned about your security in his situation, you disappear as best you can and maintain as low a profile as is possible. Rushdie did not. He continued writing and doing the lecture circuit, and does to this day. I don't blame him for that, but he's taking risks, the same as Art took a risk playing in the snow. It's just what humans do.

I never liked Fiddler on the Roof, so that idea is dead. I think we need to think science fiction. Dr. Falkie, a mad scientist who has been rejected by the scientific community at large (but not Hoagland) has constructed a time machine of rather poor quality out of the magnets from a pile of broken box fans. He uses to the time machine to visit his friend and financier George Noory in the past, but encounters mystery and intrigue when he notices that George looked older in the past than he does in the present. After smoking a joint and deliberating on it over a bag of potato chips, Falkie embarks on a quest to find out why only to discover that George is an alien sent from the future to dumb down the human race and prepare us for conquest. Then Falkie screws the whole thing up and we get conquered. I smell blockbuster.

I'll remind you that our Driving Miss Daisy remake did $24 on a budget of $16. It was pure genius on my part for having the car inexplicably explode at the end of the film killing the occupants. The batman cameo was equally bad ass and you know it. So stop thinking commercially and let me do what I do best; direct movies. Like Orson Welles, I feel like I'm being boiled alive by the studio system. There's too much producing going on around here.

We all know what happened during the last film you tried to produce. All of your friends and relatives showed up.

http://youtu.be/Kha5bC3v34U

littlechris

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 01, 2016, 03:16:53 PM

You and shreddy should definitely collaborate on a project.