• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 11:38:44 AM
I remember Steve also saying that. PBS, once people drink the Koolaid, they are loyal until the bitter end, regardless of any inconvenient facts. No point in arguing. It's a lost cause.

Quote from: bateman on December 18, 2015, 07:17:18 PM
Believe me, it's all I've been hearing for the last week. Moot point though, I wasn't asked. I'll just sit back and enjoy watching the house burn now.

Pink Lemonade is my favorite.

Quote from: Jackstar on January 28, 2016, 11:33:20 AM
Naw, he's just young. If he still sounds like that in five years, a case might be made. Kinda doubt that.

Has his balls not dropped or something?

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:43:13 AM
Pink Lemonade is my favorite.

On December 18 he had not been asked. At a later date, he was. No one is arguing WHEN he was asked, just that he WAS. Actually, it looks a lot worse if he was asked after Art was gone for a while. Makes it seem like they are hemorrhaging subscriptions.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 11:47:47 AM
On December 18 he had not been asked. At a later date, he was. No one is arguing WHEN he was asked, just that he WAS. Actually, it looks a lot worse if he was asked after Art was gone for a while. Makes it seem like they are hemorrhaging subscriptions.

I can totally understand it, and I was not arguing that point. Art said Heather was his first choice. Things that happened later do not make that an inconsistent statement.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:52:04 AM
I can totally understand it, and I was not arguing that point. Art said Heather was his first choice. Things that happened later do not make that an inconsistent statement.

Look GS, I don't want to argue with you because it is obvious that your mind is made up never to be changed and you make it quite obvious that you don't like anyone disagreeing with you. But everyone's opinions are valid on the internet, not just yours.

Jackstar

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 28, 2016, 11:44:36 AM
Has his balls not dropped or something?

You would have to ask, nubsauce.

Jackstar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 11:53:32 AM
everyone's opinions are valid on the internet,

LOL! You actually wrote this.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 11:53:32 AM
Look GS, I don't want to argue with you because it is obvious that your mind is made up never to be changed and you make it quite obvious that you don't like anyone disagreeing with you. But everyone's opinions are valid on the internet, not just yours.

I am engaging in dialog, not stopping anyone from having an opinion. Somewhere along the line, you have formed an opinion of what I think and what my mind is made up about. That is fine.

I was commenting on a series of posts where it appeared people and taken words out of context, had mixed up timelines, and were attempting to construe a simple statement by Art "Heather was my first choice" to imply that there was more to the story.

On the day that Art quit, Heather was his first choice. I don't see what previous offers to HH, or subsequent discussions with HH and SW have to do with that simple statement.

Am I entitled to an opinion?

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 12:03:29 PM

You were the first person I added to /ignore in the last twelve months.

I'm just sayin'. Since then, there have been a score of others, but you--you were the last fuckin' straw.

SredniVashtar

You also have an asshole. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to look at it.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Jackstar on January 28, 2016, 12:06:47 PM

I'm just sayin'. Since then, there have been a score of others, but you--you were the last fucking straw.
How do you form an argument back then? I don't put anyone on ignore. Would be boring that way.

I'm glad Art got everyone stirred up. I check BellGab in the morning to see what chaos I've missed. It was getting super slow with nothing to talk about until Art came back and attempted a face turn.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jackstar on January 28, 2016, 12:06:47 PM

I'm just sayin'. Since then, there have been a score of others, but you--you were the last fuckin' straw.

I am proud to be your first Jackstar.

Jackstar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 12:07:28 PM
I don't put anyone on ignore.

You may not be aware--/ignore doesn't actually work on this site, like, at all. All these comments about, ignoring this, and ignoring that, are all metahumour.

QuoteWould be boring that way.

Like scissoring--you're not doing it correctly.

Serious question:

Are you guys retired or something?  I'm trying to figure out how some of you here possibly have enough time to spend hours and hours every day here arguing with each other about the most asinine, nonsensical shit ever.  I can't help but feel like a lot of the folks posting here are in desperate need of some type of hobby...

I guess even more pathetic is the fact that I read through some of it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 28, 2016, 12:07:17 PM
You also have an asshole. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to look at it.

Says the guy that keeps PMing me for pictures. 

As your Campaign Manager and spokesman here in the colonies, I think I deserve a modicum of respect sir...

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 12:09:53 PM
I am proud to be your first Jackstar.

That was someone else--you're just the latest.

Also, if this site actually allowed /ignorance, you'd be the first one I'd take off --so you can't even do that right.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 28, 2016, 12:10:58 PM
Serious question:

Are you guys retired or something?  I'm trying to figure out how some of you here possibly have enough time to spend hours and hours every day here arguing with each other about the most asinine, nonsensical shit ever.  I can't help but feel like a lot of the folks posting here are in desperate need of some type of hobby...

Cubicle worker, no life. LOL Trust me if I were getting laid on the reg I would not be here. Maybe I should invest some of my time in that instead of arguing about some 70 year old internet talk show host. LOL. Good day, sir :)

GravitySucks

Serious question:

I am very well compensated by Vandevan Enterprises to keep the page views up to the projected quotas. As the end of the month nears, the pressure builds up. Typically I can engage a troll for 2-3 days and get them hooked on BellGab. That hasn't been working quite as well lately, so I have to work harder.

Jackstar

Serious question:

Are you guys retired or something?

I invented Post-Its.

Cubical monkey here too...

I get revenge on my employer by:

1) Reading Bellgab too often and trying to figure out what the fuck the latest argument is here
2) Taking massive shits on the clock
3) Eating food that causes massive shits

Jackstar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 12:13:08 PM
Maybe I should invest some of my time in that instead of arguing about some 70 year old internet talk show host.

Serious question:

When I'm not out in the projects being a social worker, I am in the office doing mind numbing paperwork. Believe me, the only thing that keeps me sane some days is reading and laughing at the crap posted on this site. Most sites are blocked from our work computers that have nothing to do with our jobs. Fortunately, this one isn't blocked.

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 28, 2016, 12:16:16 PM
Cubical monkey here too...

I get revenge on my employer by:

1) Reading Bellgab too often and trying to figure out what the fuck the latest argument is here
2) Taking massive shits on the clock
3) Eating food that causes massive shits

LOL. Halal chicken gyros from a pushcart, anyone? I had to stop eating those for the obvious reasons.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 12:13:08 PM
Cubicle worker, no life. LOL Trust me if I were getting laid on the reg I would not be here. Maybe I should invest some of my time in that instead of arguing about some 70 year old internet talk show host. LOL. Good day, sir :)

I just said everyone was. Except that you like to club others who disagree with you over the head with yours.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 12:25:47 PM
I just said everyone was. Except that you like to club others who disagree with you over the head with yours.

I will take your comment to heart. I guess I didn't see myself as clubbing anyone. I don't think I was making any personal attacks or flaming anyone.

But I value your opinion, so I will take your comment under consideration and see if I can adjust my social filter a bit.