• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 27, 2016, 05:31:50 PM
Yep, to balance everything out. Caller heavy is probably not a good idea, however, because I think it would automatically be heavy on sycophants and weak on detractors because it's easy to be a detractor when one is posting, but not so easy when speaking directly.

You must have got a lot of writing done, your posts are astonishingly measured today, lol. ;)

pyewacket

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 27, 2016, 05:17:14 PM
What is the point of Art appearing on the Gabcast? It's a damned-if-you-do and damned-if- you-don't situation for the host. If the host asks Art softball questions, the host will look like a Milquetoast. If he asks the "hard" questions, then he will be labeled as a "troll" by Art's ever present army of sycophants.

Besides, even if you wanted to be the "dick" who asks Art any tough questions, who's to say that he would answer them? Politicians get asked tough questions all the time, but never answer them directly. They just deflect and give their practiced responses.

Art has a platform every single night. A three hour platform. All he needs to do is call into his own show, like he has on 2 occasions already and take unscreened calls. How is a Gabcast going to be any different from that? Or maybe Heather can interview him again.

Good points, IB.

A real live Gabcast would be best - if a question is asked - the answer is given immediately and the listeners can judge if the answer appears genuine or pre practised. It would also be interesting to see if any reasonable questions are avoided. 

The way this this is being set up- Art posts here inviting us to ask him questions. Doesn't respond until hours or days later. This give the impression that he needs to think about the answers and make sure they fit. Some questions go unanswered. How convenient is that?

So I vote for a Gabcast one on one interview with someone who can be impartial. No fan boys - no heal bitters.     

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2016, 05:52:20 PM
We can have 1 1/2-2 hours of Art Bell without it having to be a FRIKKIN inquisition.

He's saying he wants to answer questions, so why don't you want him to? If all you want is to hear Art's voice and be entertained by him, then there are plenty of Art Bell shows around to listen to. GS, you should just accept that there are 2 types of people, the ones who don't take bullshit and the ones who do. I'm not going to convince anyone in the other camp any more than they are going to convince me.

Freyja

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 03:35:49 PM
I did not allow Heather to do anything, as I pointed out I have no official position at the Network at all, none.

Art

Art, who owns the rights to MITD? Is it under copy-write and ownership?

MITD and DMDN are not one and the same or is there some partnership with your long time friend and supporter Keith who allegedly built DMDN for your return on the air?

Who is benefiting/earning revenue from the TT subscriptions for MITD now?

"Official position" is one matter. How do you define "official position"? I would assume silent partner would not fall into this category? 

The question is who gave the blessing for Heather to take your chair?....and it seems quite obvious since she was your first choice that you still hold all the cards and control relative to MITD, no?

Quote from: rekcuf on January 27, 2016, 05:52:42 PM
I like it, I like it a lot. Proceed!

Nothing bad or villainous. Just the stuff that's already been mentioned in this thread. I'm not trying to put heat on Rossy at all. He's been nothing but a solid dude. But if I was going to attack from the skeptic side, I would question Rossy saying Art orchestrated trolls on Hoagland and use that as a logical attack point.

But Rossy is extremely articulate and can roll with punches which is why he sprung to mind.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2016, 05:52:20 PM
We can have 1 1/2-2 hours of Art Bell without it having to be a FRIKKIN inquisition.

And then the next day Bellgab would be burning down over the softball PR interview. I agree on Showroom Dummy, though, that guy can talk. I'm just a ditzy stoner IRL.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 05:49:34 PM
Rossy has thrown out some "insider info" publicly that casts Art in a questionable light and detracts from his gee golly shucks routine. I could see a logical attack point there.

Must have missed that.  Can you give us a quick and dirty on what Rossy said?  Also, when did he make the comments?

Ciardelo

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2016, 05:55:06 PM
Good points, IB.

A real live Gabcast would be best - if a question is asked - the answer is given immediately and the listeners can judge if the answer appears genuine or pre practised. It would also be interesting to see if any reasonable questions are avoided. 

The way this this is being set up- Art posts here inviting us to ask him questions. Doesn't respond until hours or days later. This give the impression that he needs to think about the answers and make sure they fit. Some questions go unanswered. How convenient is that?

So I vote for a Gabcast one on one interview with someone who can be impartial. No fan boys - no heal bitters.   
We need an Inquest! Also we need a dictionary up in here. "Heal bitters" or "heel biters" you decide. lol

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 27, 2016, 05:57:58 PM
"Heal bitters" or "heel biters" you decide. lol

Which one gets you more scrabble points?

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 27, 2016, 05:56:57 PM
Must have missed that.  Can you give us a quick and dirty on what Rossy said?  Also, when did he make the comments?

Someone linked to the comments a few pages back and it was a heavy thing being discussed for a few pages.

BettyO417

Quote from: Freyja on January 27, 2016, 02:00:42 PM
Art, what if any feedback have you received from the affiliates who dropped MITD when you left? Will/would they be willing to pick up the show again if you decide to return? What about Cumulus?

After this last hiatus are you interested in doing a show 5 nights a  week or what would your intentions be?

How has your leaving affected the TT subscription rates?

What is Airyn's main objection to you returning to the air other than the "stalker"?

In addition to Freyja's questions:

If you have an idea who the stalker/shooter moron is, do you have enough evidence to at least get a restraining order? I realize that won't stop a crazed freak but it would certainly put that person on notice.

Is this freak male or female?

Now for the rest of my thoughts. You'll have to forgive me it I sound a bit flighty, but here goes!

Have you had any more encounters with the Shadow Person or entity visiting you in your studio?  My personal opinion, respectfully, I believe it's Ramona! She had the same love of broadcasting that you did, you were the love of her life and she might have been trying to alert you that trouble was ahead.
Have you had any other encounters where you believed Ramona was contacting you? She might have been the one to mess you when you had the mouse come to visit!! Ha, ha!

And my last thought, get Airyn a Concealed Weapons Permit along with a nice sized automatic handgun for her size and some hollowpoint bullets... Just make sure you alert her as you're coming into the house after the show! We all hope Little Miss Asia is better, feeling safe and secure.

Thank you Sandman for the video! It's time to "Get Back" on the Ride!
Posting this song "Goodnight" from back in the early days with Art. It's only audio, couldn't find any video for it. Maybe some of you creative people can put some video to it! Hope you like it, sure brings back some great memories!

//

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 27, 2016, 05:55:43 PM

He's saying he wants to answer questions, so why don't you want him to? If all you want is to hear Art's voice and be entertained by him, then there are plenty of Art Bell shows around to listen to. GS, you should just accept that there are 2 types of people, the ones who don't take bullshit and the ones who do. I'm not going to convince anyone in the other camp any more than they are going to convince me.

I think there are more types than 2.  I'm not discounting your opinion.  Art has answered some questions here, he has pointed to some that he won't answer, and he may answer more.

Tha man clearly has a desire to be part of the BellGab community. He has always been better with the spoken word than with the written word, so I guess I thought it would be a good idea for him to be on a GabCast.

This is a more interesting forum with him posting here, than when he isn't posting here, so I was trying to find a way to clear the air a little. 

I still love you.  Really. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 27, 2016, 06:00:12 PM
Which one gets you more scrabble points?
That double "T" must count for something.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 05:56:44 PM
Nothing bad or villainous. Just the stuff that's already been mentioned in this thread. I'm not trying to put heat on Rossy at all. He's been nothing but a solid dude. But if I was going to attack from the skeptic side, I would question Rossy saying Art orchestrated trolls on Hoagland and use that as a logical attack point.

But Rossy is extremely articulate and can roll with punches which is why he sprung to mind.

I agree!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 05:45:47 PM
If I had to pick a skeptic voice, I'd pick ponyboysunset or Inglorious Bitch.

If I had to pick a sycho voice, I'd pick Rossy or SciFi. Although Rossy's connection with Hoagie could get messy.
Thanks so much. I do think IB is right we would not get any answers.

GravitySucks

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 05:56:44 PM

Rossy never said that... He said "because I was asked to". Shit, Hoagland's better half could have asked him to. 

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 05:45:47 PM
If I had to pick a skeptic voice, I'd pick ponyboysunset or Inglorious Bitch.

If I had to pick a sycho voice, I'd pick Rossy or SciFi. Although Rossy's connection with Hoagie could get messy.

what about a i dont give a fuck voice? lol

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 27, 2016, 05:56:57 PM

i asked him a couple of questions  one response was this 
Quote from: SaucyRossy on January 22, 2016, 08:54:10 PM
Hmm, I really don't know. At this point I only produced the program for a small part of its existence.
I wish hoagie the best and I would guess no matter what happens with dmnd he will continue to do his show. He seems to have gotten bit by the radio bug and likes having his show, so as long as he's having fun and there is an audience I would imagine it'll continue.

As for dmdn, I have no clue. I didn't think it'd stay on the air for this long after art left. But there must be an audience for Heather, otherwise it probably wouldn't be on air still.

Ciardelo

Quote from: BettyO417 on January 27, 2016, 06:04:57 PM
...Hope you like it, sure brings back some great memories!
I don't remember it, but it's a nice tune :)

Quote from: trostol on January 27, 2016, 06:12:55 PM

So you volunteered?

Freyja

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on January 27, 2016, 04:48:40 PM
I'm more legitimate than you think.

Art can acknowledge whatever he pleases but it doesnt change the fact the stalker story doesnt add up.

And are you fucking dense? Ive mentioned this offer today (after not having posted in weeks) for the first time ever. Thats clearly not 99% of my posts dumbfuck.

And I'm not trying to be amusing. I'm calling out Art on his bullshit- If he doesnt do anything (through my help or elsewhere) then its pretty settled- There is/was no stalker and it was a bullshit excuse to garner sympathy.

He offered a 20K rewards but doesnt hire a PI for 5K? I'm saying lets hash this out. let a PI interview the neighbors, the police, get phone records and do all the shit any sensible person would want done if they were being stalked to the point of quitting their job.

If he ignores this thats his prerogative but at this point he goes down in history as a liar and a quitter. This is a chance for redemption.

What do you suggest? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Just because i think hes lying, a PI would be able to show me the error of my ways just with a few phone interviews. And clear up this whole thing concerning questions many have about Arts truthfulness.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is- I will donate to helpo fund the investigation and my offer stands to help get a crowdfunding campaign going. Will you donate to Arts peace of mind and in capturing the elusive terrorist/stalker?

If your are not being a jack ass and truly mean what you write, then I think this is a great idea!

Why not?!?

BG has spent both time and $$ helping Art get back on the air.....why not do it this time to catch this "stalker"?

I'm sure that most of us here don't have a net worth of $10, which can buy a lot of PI/security....but hey....let's do it.

If the "stalker" is really the only issue keeping Art off the air, then let's help Art out  ;)

Uncle Duke

Yeah, or at least someone who's objective.  Frankly I'm surprised TMZ hasn't done a segment on this soap opera.

trostol

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 27, 2016, 06:15:46 PM
So you volunteered?

no but i think that is the most logical choice in the matter...someone that has 0 investment

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 27, 2016, 06:16:23 PM
Yeah, or at least someone who's objective.  Frankly I'm surprised TMZ hasn't done a segment on this soap opera.

We are the fringe of the fringes...

Freyja

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 27, 2016, 05:55:43 PM

+1

IG, I nominate you for for being on the team to interview Art should he agree to a Gabcast. You have proven to be quick, intelligent, respectful with no need to kiss anyone's ass. Kudos  :)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 05:34:58 PM
What can Art even really say at this point? He's painted himself into a corner. We already know the official line on everything so the most he could do is come off looking badly on this (no offense) little podcast. Why disgrace himself like that? This dude was a guest on Larry King at one point in his life.

Here's the answers

"I think Heather is doing a great job." Which will turn into 30 minutes of this being answered the same way with different words.

"The official stalker story." Which will be ripped to pieces by skeptics.

"I'd like to come back but I can't because of the stalker." Which will again be ripped to pieces by skeptics.

"I have no control over anything." This will be a gangbang of skeptics.

Add in about 30 minutes of sychos calling in to thank Art profusely and blah blah blah. And there's your next GabCast.

The only way Art should do the show is if he wants to paint himself *out* of the corner. Otherwise, it's pointless, I agree. Only he knows if it's worth it to him.

SciFiAuthor

That's MV lol.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 01:29:04 PM
I may do a Gab Cast next Week if people want it, perhaps on Tuesday if that's what people want. I did sift through the messages but saw more fighting than questions.

Hi, Art.  It would be great to have you on The GabCast.  I'm sure everyone would thoroughly appreciate the opportunity to hear you talk about things. 

Alas, I'm a fancy college boy and I'll be in class Tuesday night.  Would Thursday, February 4th at 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific work for you?  It'll be a big show, so that'll allow plenty of time to get the word out.

Edit:  Or we could do it Friday of this week (1/29/2016), 8PM Eastern.  Whatever works best for you.

Art Bell

Quote from: MV on January 27, 2016, 06:25:04 PM
Hi, Art.  It would be great to have you on The GabCast.  I'm sure everyone would thoroughly appreciate the opportunity to hear you talk about things. 

Alas, I'm a fancy college boy and I'll be in class Tuesday night.  Would Thursday, February 4th at 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific work for you?  It'll be a big show, so that'll allow plenty of time to get the word out.

Edit:  Or we could do it Friday of this week (1/29/2016), 8PM Eastern.  Whatever works best for you.

Sure, works for me! (Thursday)

Art

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 06:31:37 PM
Sure, works for me!

Art

you prefer this coming friday, or next thursday?