• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Chronaut on December 28, 2015, 03:50:27 PM
You read incredibly fast!  And thank you  :)

I'm listening to the soundcloud link you posted.

Also, I tend to enjoy your posts, so thank you. :)

Lord Grantham

Quote from: BellBoy on December 28, 2015, 03:27:33 PM
Within the mire, from whence Night Train crawled, 'cuck' and 'faggot' are considered to be literary masterworks of verbal denunciation.

Methinks being called a cuck hits a bit close to home for some people here.

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 28, 2015, 03:52:02 PM

He's an outstanding member of BellGab, I concur with your sentiments ma'am.
:P

GravitySucks

Chronaut, if you have an iDevice, check out the itunes store for an app bundle called BrainWave Sharpmind. It uses binaural beats to alter the brainwaves. It can be used for inducing sleep, lucid dreaming, and even maintaining alertness. I use it frequently when I need a power nap or when I need to concentrate on mindless tasks such as pouring through excel spreadsheets. I have done independent research with it using the NeuroSky MindSet EEG monitoring devive and it is quite effective in achieving the desired "altered" state of conciousness. It is not for nefarious use. And because it utilizes binaural beats, it must be used with headphones or earbuds.

The times I have checked the android stores, that specific app was not available, but there are several binaural beat generators out there

A good open source tool I used in my research was called gnaural. Available under the gnu license from sourceforge if I remember correctly.

The advantage to the BrainWave app is that it comes with preset "tracks", an intuitive user interface and several different choices in "white noise" sounds that accompany the binaural beats.

I am not sure if HAARP is in the ELF range, but if you google ELF and Submarine you may learn some interesting things.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: HumanBeing on December 28, 2015, 03:56:51 PM
He's an outstanding member of BellGab, I concur with your sentiments ma'am.

I appreciate your concurrence. :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 28, 2015, 04:03:08 PM

I concur with your appreciation.

Chronaut

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 28, 2015, 03:52:02 PM

Ma plaisir, mademoiselle.  I thought you might enjoy a break from:

A.) synonyms for human genitalia
B.) references to excrement and related body organs
C.) condemnations of intellect and/or sexual orientation

Which infants like Night Train seem to think are amusing enough to fill >50% of every page with.  Maybe that's how psyops works too - flood enough banal garbage into an environment and perhaps people will subconsciously begin to associate the subject (in this case Art Bell) with the garbage they're puking into the discussion 24/7.

Probably a stretch, but it's more interesting than anything they're actually saying.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 28, 2015, 04:03:56 PM
I concur with your appreciation.

I'm downloading the Brainwave app (free version). 

Chronaut

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 28, 2015, 04:03:08 PM

I appreciate your concurrence with his concurrence, and appreciate both of your appreciations concurrently.   :D

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Chronaut on December 28, 2015, 04:04:27 PM
Ma plaisir, mademoiselle.  I thought you might enjoy a break from:

A.) synonyms for human genitalia
B.) references to excrement and related body organs
C.) condemnations of intellect and/or sexual orientation

Which infants like Night Train seem to think are amusing enough to fill >50% of every page with.  Maybe that's how psyops works too - flood enough banal garbage into an environment and perhaps people will subconsciously begin to associate the subject (in this case Art Bell) with the garbage they're puking into the discussion 24/7.

Probably a stretch, but it's more interesting than anything they're actually saying.

You most definitely thought right, so thank you VERY much for the distraction! Even though it may be temporary.  I'm sort of wondering at what point Art decided that the general BellGab population was "vaguely lovable".  Neither "vaguely" nor "lovable" seem to apply.  :-\

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 28, 2015, 04:05:40 PM

I'm downloading the Brainwave app (free version).

I don't know what it costs now, but I think once I bit the bullet it cost me $9.99 for a bundle with 31 different presets. I meditate, and when I have troubkes quieting my mind, I break out the earbuds.

Chronaut

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 28, 2015, 03:58:07 PM
Cronaut, if you have an iDevice, check out the itunes store for an app bundle called BrainWave Sharpmind. It uses binaural beats to alter the brainwaves. It can be used for inducing sleep, lucid dreaming, and even maintaining alertness. I use it frequently when I need a power nap or when I need to concentrate on mindless tasks such as pouring through excel spreadsheets. I have done independent research with it using the NeuroSky MindSet EEG monitoring devive and it is quite effective in achieving the desired "altered" state of conciousness. It is not for nefarious use. And because it utilizes binaural beats, it must be used with headphones or earbuds.

The times I have checked the android stores, that specific app was not available, but there are several binaural beat generators out there

A good open source tool I used in my research was called gnaural. Available under the gnu license from sourceforge if I remember correctly.

The advantage to the BrainWave app is that it comes with preset "tracks", an intuitive user interface and several different choices in "white noise" sounds that accompany the binaural beats.

I am not sure if HAARP is in the ELF range, but if you google ELF and Submarine you may learn some interesting things.

This is a magnificent post - thank you GravitySucks; I'm saving this to my consciousness file to look into further.  I was intrigued with Robert Monroe's "Hemi Sync" work many years ago, but at the time it required a long trip to his facility and thousands of dollars in expenses.  So amazing that it's now an app that can run on a phone the size of a pack of cigarettes.

It makes a great deal of sense to utilize this kind of knowledge for personal benefit.  I've only been fortunate enough to wake up within my dreams once, and I've always wanted to do it again.  Sounds like this could be just the trick I've been hoping to hear about ;

Art was right - there are some wicked smart mfers on this board =P

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 28, 2015, 04:09:03 PM
You most definitely thought right, so thank you VERY much for the distraction! Even though it may be temporary.  I'm sort of wondering at what point Art decided that the general BellGab population was "vaguely lovable".  Neither "vaguely" nor "lovable" seem to apply.  :-\

If you would have been active during the timeframe from about March through the launch of MITD you would have seen BellGab members playing a very active and supporting role. A lot of 1x1 intercation with Art. A lot of brainstorming which led to the grassroots blitz advertising campaign on social media. GabCasts were a weekly event that had a fairly large following in the online chat room. I don't know if it was the "best of times", but it was fun to watch.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 28, 2015, 04:16:18 PM
If you would have been active during the timeframe from about March through the launch of MITD you would have seen BellGab members playing a very active and supporting role. A lot of 1x1 intercation with Art. A lot of brainstorming which led to the grassroots blitz advertising campaign on social media. GabCasts were a weekly event that had a fairly large following in the online chat room. I don't know if it was the "best of times", but it was fun to watch.

Yeah, he repaid that in kind didn't he? "Thanks suckers, but remember it's all about me; Did I mention me? Ah yes, it's what I want, remember me? I need a mirror, because I can't get enough of me. you? Oh no no, it isn't about you. It's about me!!"

phrodo

Quote from: zmbabwe on December 28, 2015, 03:09:59 PM
Night Train, you need a time out.

Naught Brain needs to do as it said and go away.

bellNwhistle

I joined in March, but was not really active then.  However, I did promote him on my own, via multiple social media accounts.  I supported "the cause", but missed out on all of the pre-MITD hype with the group.  :'(

DesertFox

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2015, 04:19:17 PM

Yeah, he repaid that in kind didn't he? "Thanks suckers, but remember it's all about me; Did I mention me? Ah yes, it's what I want, remember me? I need a mirror, because I can't get enough of me. you? Oh no no, it isn't about you. It's about me!!"

BUT the people helping Art where also about "ME"--they wanted to hear more Art for their own sake...as much as Art was for himself.  So lets not get on any false high horses here.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2015, 04:19:17 PM

C'est la vie

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DesertFox on December 28, 2015, 04:26:05 PM

BUT the people helping Art where also about "ME"--they wanted to hear more Art for their own sake...as much as Art was for himself.  So lets not get on any false high horses here.

The difference being, his fans cared about him; and I'm sure some still do. He doesn't give a shit; instead he makes up some bollox about being stalked instead of just saying he really doesn't want to do it anymore. Anyone who thinks he's au fait with truth and not self obsessed probably had Father Christmas come down their chimney too.

Lilith

Quote from: BellBoy on December 28, 2015, 03:21:01 PM
Praise be to MV, the great and glorious!

(and so say we all)

So Say We All!!

DesertFox

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2015, 04:31:01 PM

The difference being, his fans cared about him; and I'm sure some still do. He doesn't give a shit; instead he makes up some bollox about being stalked instead of just saying he really doesn't want to do it anymore. Anyone who thinks he's au fait with truth and not self obsessed probably had Father Christmas come down their chimney too.

Don't like the way he quits--doesn't mean I know what he thinks.  One could put the worst or best spin on what he thinks OR be somewhere in between.  But to say one knows for sure and that anyone who disagrees is an idiot or dupe--that is nonsense imo.

Chronaut

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 28, 2015, 04:09:03 PM
I'm sort of wondering at what point Art decided that the general BellGab population was "vaguely lovable".  Neither "vaguely" nor "lovable" seem to apply.  :-\

As I recall from a few glances at this thread over years, this has been and continues to be by far its darkest, saddest hour (but I didn't drop by after the Sirius debacle so that may be a contender).  I'm not saying it was substantially more friendly - it's always been contentious as hell, but more humorously so.  And the disputes were much more substantive - smart stubborn people arguing about matters of perspective, philosophy, and the significance of science and theology, etc.

I don't remember it ever being like a special ed class for adolescents acutely fixated on their anuses, repeatedly crying "faggit!" and "idjit!"  Only in the last two weeks has it felt like overhearing a 13-year-old boy shouting into his headset while playing a multiple-shooter game.  If it's become vastly more revolting and infantile in the last two weeks to intentionally stink the place up, it's been very successful.  The most vile and insipid posters are by far the most prolific now, and they're mostly just spewing bullshit back and forth to each other.  The veterans who formerly had firm control of the tone here seem to be side-lined for the most part.  But I think that even the occasional adroit jab from them is enough attention to keep the infants posting here, clamoring for another spanking.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2015, 04:31:01 PM

Reminding us of your opinion is good. Buys more diapers for MV's little girl.

Praise MV!

phrodo

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 28, 2015, 04:41:41 PM
Reminding us of your opinion is good. Buys more diapers for MV's little girl.

Praise MV!

As much as Dorkshire pulls its Pud around here MV's baby should have plenty of diapers and the seeds of a healthy trust fund.  ::)

Braise MV!

Night Train

Quote from: Chronaut on December 28, 2015, 04:41:21 PM
As I recall from a few glances at this thread over years, this has been and continues to be by far its darkest, saddest hour (but I didn't drop by after the Sirius debacle so that may be a contender).  I'm not saying it was substantially more friendly - it's always been contentious as hell, but more humorously so.  And the disputes were much more substantive - smart stubborn people arguing about matters of perspective, philosophy, and the significance of science and theology, etc.

I don't remember it ever being like a special ed class for adolescents acutely fixated on their anuses, repeatedly crying "faggit!" and "idjit!"  Only in the last two weeks has it felt like overhearing a 13-year-old boy shouting into his headset while playing a multiple-shooter game.  If it's become vastly more revolting and infantile in the last two weeks to intentionally stink the place up, it's been very successful.  The most vile and insipid posters are by far the most prolific now, and they're mostly just spewing bullshit back and forth to each other.  The veterans who formerly had firm control of the tone here seem to be side-lined for the most part.  But I think that even the occasional adroit jab from them is enough attention to keep the infants posting here, clamoring for another spanking.

QuoteThe most vile and insipid posters are by far the most prolific now

SIR; I DO NOT KNOW YOU!

Element 115

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 28, 2015, 04:10:50 PM
I don't know what it costs now, but I think once I bit the bullet it cost me $9.99 for a bundle with 31 different presets. I meditate, and when I have troubkes quieting my mind, I break out the earbuds.

I bought the full version of Brain Wave, the 32 binaural programs and the deep sleep one is awesome.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Chronaut on December 28, 2015, 04:41:21 PM

I think your observation is spot on. I have no idea, excepting that there may be narcissitic tendencies, for someone that clearly is not interested in the success of MITD to come here and post rant after rant.

I was very active in the OSOM show threads when RCH was producing good content. Once he tanked, I posted some negative stuff in there for awhile, but it was all directed at the content of the show while it was being broadcast live. I tired of that very quickly.

I guess I am quicker to retort than I should be on the trolls, but it is because I want to see MITD to continue. I know that Art and Heather view this thread. I want them to see that there is some level of support for the show. I guess the fact that I am still a subscriber should count for something, but I guess the siren song of BellGab has me hooked too.

Hello, my name is GravitySucks, and I am a BellGabaholic.

Since all I have right now is time on my hands, I guess I am not quite ready for Step 2.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Night Train on December 28, 2015, 04:51:00 PM

SIR; I DO NOT KNOW YOU!

Addict.

It appears that your "World's best site blocker/productivity enhancement tool" has morphed into the "World's best BellGab thread manager/online addiction enabling tool".

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: DesertFox on December 28, 2015, 04:35:31 PM

Don't like the way he quits--doesn't mean I know what he thinks.  One could put the worst or best spin on what he thinks OR be somewhere in between.  But to say one knows for sure and that anyone who disagrees is an idiot or dupe--that is nonsense imo.
No but to recognize a pattern and see a continuation of the pattern is just logical imho.

1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3-? Fill in the "?" and using logic you would be right to assume it will be "1"- Maybe it not and theres a bigger pattern you cannot see but based on the information you do have that would be the best choice.

I have an uncle who is seriously a pathological drunk. He was a nice guy and I loved him as a child but he could never keep a job and every 6 months or so would have to move in with my family to avoid homelessness- These job losses were never, ever, his fault. Always a story that placed him in the light of a poor victim and as a child I believed him.

Anyhow, there came a time when he got another job (sadly he was a highly skilled individual trained to be glazier (sp?)making really good money when he did work ) and my folks gave him money for a bus ticket and enough to  move out to Texas until he could start getting paid. My dad told my mom that in 6 months he will be calling for help because he lost another job and it again wasnt his fault (never was). Sure enough , that happened and my parents refused to help .

I was angry because I loved my uncle, believed everyone was always "picking on him" and thought my parents were being assholes.

Then I found out later he was bitching about my parents and my family while spinning a sob story to another relative-

Now, decades later I have watched this pattern continue without cease and he is an old man with nothing but "poor me" stories and excuses. Its sad.

Maybe he was telling the truth about losing some of the jobs through no fault of his own- maybe... However, at some point you just have to assume that its another lie, misdirection and refusal to accept responsibility and pass blame on others. His boss, my parents, society... At some point you have to look at the big picture.