• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 25, 2015, 09:20:34 PMJohn Bachelor is quite good. Art has interviewed him before.
WABC introduced Art Bell's show via John Batchelor's show.  Batchelor & Paul Alexander had a weekend overnight show whose actual name I don't know but whose unofficial name was "Conspiracy Radio".  Later C2C wound up in that time slot, also weekends only, before WABC wound up carrying it nightly.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Chronaut on December 25, 2015, 03:00:08 PM
Fantastic - I'm a big fan of a white Christmas...from a comfortable distance  :)

This was fascinating to listen to, gracias.  Grant Morrison's accent's a bit tricky to puzzle through but he's always got interesting material.  I tried his sigil magic procedure a few years ago and the damn stuff worked the first time.  Kinda freaked me out so I never tried it again, but I understand Art's reluctance to do more mass consciousness experiments.  Grant describes the technique here (note:  use at your own peril ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mtzU9mVlk0
Yeah.  Thanks for posting this, although no one commented.  Magic works, but the guy did also publish a warning. 

Robert

Quote from: Art Bell on December 25, 2015, 10:54:26 PMI remember when I Married Airyn the heavy bet was it won't last six Months, anybody remember that one? This April 11th we will celebrate 10 Years.
Yay, loving couple!

Sean92008

Quote from: Art Bell on December 25, 2015, 10:54:26 PM
I remember when I Married Airyn the heavy bet was it won't last six Months, anybody remember that one? This April 11th we will celebrate 10 Years.

Art

What???  No bullet proof jackets?

Too soon?

Art Bell

Well she was Baptised by a German Priest who spelled her name that way but no American can look at it and say Irene, so she likes it pronounced as It looks. Many people think that was my idea which is not true, it's what people who look at the spelling say and it is unique so she fell in love with it.

Art

Hard to believe that I was in Death Valley in August and it was 125+ degrees.  Now just about 4 months later and just over the hill, Art has snow!   Driving from DV to Pahrump and on to Vegas,  I tried to picture the spot that Art saw that big triangle.  I have always been intrigued by the whole feel of Death Valley. :D

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on December 25, 2015, 11:27:32 PM
Well she was Baptised by a German Priest who spelled her name that way but no American can look at it and say Irene, so she likes it pronounced as It looks. Many people think that was my idea which is not true, it's what people who look at the spelling say and it is unique so she fell in love with it.

Art

See,  you and me ART, we're bro's.  My daughter was baptized by a German priest.  We should drink Scotch, smoke cigars and go shooting (back) on BLM land.

ETA: I'm listening to a replay on DM of your David Darling interview. 

Sean92008

Art

Filipinos really come up with some interesting name variations.  I remember "Benilda" and thinking someone entered her name wrong...  Nope, Benilda.  There's more but I could get "found out" if I put all the names together and somebody Googled them  :-\

Heydeb7

[/quote]

I am too, great show. Nice to hear Art....

CornyCrow

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 25, 2015, 09:14:26 PM
If this isn't heresy, I am going to recommend The John Batchelor Show, syndicated on a bunch of stations. Excellent host, excellent guests, even strays occasionally into semi-paranormal stuff. Good intelligent radio. No crazy callers but you can't have everything.
Thanks.  I like him very much, but he's on in NY earlier than I like to listen.  I can pick him up in Washington for 4 hours nightly.  He's more informative than most shows.  I'm not into history, but he can make it really interesting.  I remember when it used to be
'Batchelor and Alexander' years back.   

paladin1991

Quote from: Heydeb7 on December 25, 2015, 11:33:35 PM

I am too, great show. Nice to hear Art....

Yeah and GNS.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 25, 2015, 10:03:01 PM
Ha! Batchelor's guest just pointed out that the first of three shots by Oswald happened one second before Zapruder started filming. So Oswald got off three shots in 11.6 seconds (not six), enough time for that to occur. RCH spent his whole show analysing the so-called missing frames, three shots in six seconds, etc. Conspiracy claptrap. Hooray John and Art. Boo RCH.
Sure.  We all know that there are way too many open questions about the assassination and the Warren Commission refused to even consider interviewing witnesses to those errors.  I guess the powers in the government think enough time has passed, the old witnesses have died off, there is a new generation that might buy into the brainwashing of the single gunman.  I'm so glad that credible people such as JB are keeping the facts before our eye. 

CornyCrow

I remember when I Married Airyn the heavy bet was it won't last six Months, anybody remember that one? This April 11th we will celebrate 10 Years.

Art
Congratulations.  The pic is adorable.

The Kraken

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 25, 2015, 11:30:16 PM
See,  you and me ART, we're bro's.  My daughter was baptized by a German priest.  We should drink Scotch, smoke cigars and go shooting (back) on BLM land.

I want a scotch and a stogie. I'm listening to the replay too. I've never heard this one so I can pretend Art is still on the air for tonight.

CornyCrow

Quote from: popple on December 25, 2015, 10:56:54 PM
Asia has mighty wishing powers  ;D
We should send in requests.   

Tarbaby

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 25, 2015, 09:48:46 PM
You'll find out soon enough, I predict.  ;D
Gonna grab me some Pop-Corn
I have enjoyed your posts. I suggest you do yourself a favor and put old Jackstar on your ignore list. I (And many many others) did it many months ago and have never regretted it.

CornyCrow

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 25, 2015, 11:05:57 PM
Heather has been here longer than I have.  She knows how it is.  I'm not thrilled with that thread either.  But 'Root Hog or Die.'  I think she is made of sterner stuff.

As far as the trolls, 4chan foreskinners, Davebots and shitbirds.....I have no idea why so many of us were taken by surprise.
I am not interested in listening to her, but I don't envy her this position.  It's a trial by fire for her.  Whatever happens, she'll be getting invaluable instruction from Art and learn a lot.  I wish her good fortune.

Quote from: Segundus on December 25, 2015, 11:42:24 PM
We should send in requests.   

You remember the Twilight Zone about the boy who wished stuff into the cornfield?  We might end up there too.  ;D

albrecht

Wait. What? No blaspheme here, the radio JC, much more the real on his birthday but Art is back or at least posting? Clearly the, almost technically, Full Moon, and the dates cannot be ignored. Tell me what I missed and it is true. Like those poor shepherds (at the new Mel's Hole, or BEFORE) I'm afraid/

pyewacket

Quote from: Tarbaby on December 25, 2015, 11:09:12 PM
hahaha!
  , This rapacious invasion of malcontents not only disturbs innocent long-term bellgab core fans but also simultaneously increases page views from which Bellgab profits.
  There is an ongoing drive-by mugging of the board but it is allowed to continue because, as MB openly admits, Any interference or censorship would reduce profit. Also, to some extent, reduce, MV speculates, Long term board viability by stifling free idea exchange.
  It's a textbook example of capitalism versus ethics. I.e., personal gain being the strongest insurance of a successful enterprise. it is what brought the Usa to the top of the Global foodchain.

First off- I'm not trying to pick a fight with you Tarbaby, just throwing out some questions to the group in general. My use of the word 'you' is directed to the group.

Conflict is common on most boards from time to time. Bellgab happens to cover topics about people in the media and I would expect it to be a draw for pro and con voices. MV is the administrator and can set it up whatever way suits him. I expect him to try and make some profit- why not? He has to deal with running it all. He offers us a place to debate, share interests, connect with podcasts, and even provides them with the help of other long time members. Do you think he deserves no compensation for any of these services?

Some people have complained about BG having cliques- Ha- you should see what happens when you have a moderator with a clique of 'pets'. If someone says anything the pets don't like, the report buttons alert the mod and the inquisition begins. The mod and the pets end up running the board like the mean girls in a Disney movie. One by one your favorite posters disappear and you end up leaving as well.

Is that what you would like to have happen here? Who wants to volunteer to be a mod? Who gets to decide what's acceptable and what is not?

I appreciate what MV has created and hope he keeps it as is.

Art

This guy is so terrified of me...er..his stalker, that he takes a picture with his daughter in the middle of the night. Makes a lot of sense.

Chronaut

Art

Congratulations on 10 happy years together Art.  I wasn't tuned into any gossip at that time, but I remember the way you spoke of the instant ineffable connection you felt with Airyn, and the amazing transformation in the sound of your voice when you found her, from the heavy tone of a desolate man rent by loss to the joyful sound of a man who had found new purpose and peace in a love that seemed to transcend time.  And I remember you talking about your dear friend who had somehow sensed the connection that you two would have together.

I suppose that a person has to experience that instant and profound sense of love with someone to understand that its suddenness is neither superficial nor fickle - it's simply an instant recognition of a feeling that you will carry with you for the rest of your life.  It's shocking when it happens, because you know with absolutely certainty that in that moment you are changed forever - in a totally unexpected way you've discovered a vital part of yourself that you'd somehow forgotten completely.  Maybe you're seeing a reflection of some key aspect of your consciousness in someone else.  I don't know.  But The Bard must have understood it to write so eloquently about it.  Maybe that's why we're still inspired by the genius of his work after all these centuries.

paladin1991

Quote from: Segundus on December 25, 2015, 11:45:01 PM
I am not interested in listening to her, but I don't envy her this position.  It's a trial by fire for her.  Whatever happens, she'll be getting invaluable instruction from Art and learn a lot.  I wish her good fortune.

Yeah.  Good Fortune.  I'm with you.  But I think that Heather should also go on the offensive.  Nail down her interview style.  Develop herself further.  She's a smart chick.  'Give' a little more in the interviews and 'take' a little less.  In other words, develop the interview along her 'track' rather than let the guests have , I think, too much free rein. 
But then again, it's not my  show.  It's hers.

Good Fortune and Good Hunting.

CornyCrow

Quote from: pyewacket on December 25, 2015, 11:47:51 PM
First off- I'm not trying to pick a fight with you Tarbaby, just throwing out some questions to the group in general. My use of the word 'you' is directed to the group.

Conflict is common on most boards from time to time. Bellgab happens to cover topics about people in the media and I would expect it to be a draw for pro and con voices. MV is the administrator and can set it up whatever way suits him. I expect him to try and make some profit- why not? He has to deal with running it all. He offers us a place to debate, share interests, connect with podcasts, and even provides them with the help of other long time members. Do you think he deserves no compensation for any of these services?

Some people have complained about BG having cliques- Ha- you should see what happens when you have a moderator with a clique of 'pets'. If someone says anything the pets don't like, the report buttons alert the mod and the inquisition begins. The mod and the pets end up running the board like the mean girls in a Disney movie. One by one your favorite posters disappear and you end up leaving as well.

Is that what you would like to have happen here? Who wants to volunteer to be a mod? Who gets to decide what's acceptable and what is not?

You are SO right.  Some of the 'moderators' on some forums seem to take on that responsibility from some ego problem that they have.  They seem very full of themselves without the breadth of experience or knowledge to be able to appreciate that there can be valid arguments on both sides of issues. 

Which is why folks love Homeland on tv. 

Chronaut

Art

I've always thought that it's a beautiful name; it reminds me of the names of the female elves in Lord of the Rings.

paladin1991

Quote from: pyewacket on December 25, 2015, 11:47:51 PM

Okay, first thing.  I ain't in no clique.  Me and MV?  More like Butch and Sundance....at the end of the movie. 

I visited a lawn mower site on the net once to look for a part.  They had a discussion section and I was astonished to see two visitors cursing the stuffings out of each other because one was loyal to a John Deere and the other liked a Sears Craftsman.  That taught me a lesson then and there that anywhere you go on the internet you have to step carefully and be ready to be attacked.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Segundus on December 25, 2015, 11:39:23 PM
Sure.  We all know that there are way too many open questions about the assassination and the Warren Commission refused to even consider interviewing witnesses to those errors.  I guess the powers in the government think enough time has passed, the old witnesses have died off, there is a new generation that might buy into the brainwashing of the single gunman.  I'm so glad that credible people such as JB are keeping the facts before our eye.

I'm sure that the Warren Commission made errors. But the truly mind-boggling idea for many people at this point would be that they basically got it right on the lone shooter thesis and the absence of a conspiracy.

People have a lot of trouble with the notion that one little schnook can change history. They need a conspiracy and maybe the bigger the better. Unexplained and unproven parts of the story go down easier when explained in terms of a conspiracy. Besides, it's just hard to accept that we'll never be able to fit all the jigsaw pieces together in any definitive way.  Great for radio, any way you slice it. This particular interview, the part they played anyway, actually supported the lone gunman theory.

Meister_000

Art

Thanks Art. Merry Christmas!
You too Pretty Girl!   :)
Let it snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow . . .

pyewacket

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 25, 2015, 11:56:22 PM
Okay, first thing.  I ain't in no clique.  Me and MV?  More like Butch and Sundance....at the end of the movie.

Haha- I kinda see you two more as Lenny and Squiggy.... and Onan as Carmine the 'Big Ragoo'  ;D