• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 03:11:06 PM
I never fully understood his coming back. I was happy for it, but didn't understand it. If I had several million, I read here someone guesses it to be more than 50 mil, I was thinking probably 2 or 3. If I had that in liquidity, you would have to buy the biggest crowbar and several feet of one inch chain to pry my ass into any kind of work.
Good news and bad news:
The good news - He reportedly sold C2C for many millions.
The bad news - He invested it in Pahrump real estate.

(I have no real idea what the sale was, but this place has gotten way too grim.   8)

Taco Bell

Wonder who Art is pulling for in the Raiders/Packers game since he said he's a fan of both teams

Lilith

Quote from: nbirnes on December 20, 2015, 03:09:49 PM
Well, it didn't really end ... it just stopped for a bit. I didn't want to go against the network and Rossy had made the Hoagland show vastly more interesting, so operations were suspended for a while. What we need right now is a Bella blitz, and maybe we'll think of a reason or a cause or a banner soon.

Bella-Haven is live.

I think Bella-Haven is wonderful just the way it is Nancy.  We need no cause or banner, we have friends, coffee and bacon  ;D

Philosopher

Quote from: Kolchak on December 19, 2015, 04:21:10 PM
I'm now imagining the Nye County Sheriff's office fielding hundreds of calls from hack psychics and remote viewers offering to help.

Hell, even Major Ed Dames might throw his feeble remote viewing skills in the ring.  Anybody have his number in the Ukraine?

Catsmile

Quote from: Taco Bell on December 20, 2015, 03:21:58 PM
Wonder who Art is pulling for in the Raiders/Packers game since he said he's a fan of both teams

If he takes a little blue pill, he will have enough stamina to pull for both teams.

Just Me

This sound like anyone those ArtBell-O-holics so love and worship and exalt and wish to die for.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following  symptoms:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    Requires excessive admiration

Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

RoseGirl

Quote from: anunnaki on December 20, 2015, 02:07:06 PM
I thought Bella-Haven ended August 18, 2015, pgm. # 35

It did. It so did.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 20, 2015, 03:38:37 PM

It did. It so did.

The spirit lives on, and so much better now that the trash has been taken out.
Yes, I mean you RoseGirl.

Ms. C

Quote from: anunnaki on December 20, 2015, 02:07:06 PM
I thought Bella-Haven ended August 18, 2015, pgm. # 35
the original podcast did on the date you say.  The thread is still going strong .. and Bella-Haven, the website and perhaps the show will again rise from the ashes ... that's Nancy's baby ... and we'll see what she has planned!   8)

Ciardelo

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 20, 2015, 03:38:37 PM

It did. It so did.
That can't be right. I just had a cup of coffee there.

norland2424

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on December 20, 2015, 03:44:05 PM
The spirit lives on, and so much better now that the trash has been taken out.
Yes, I mean you RoseGirl.

Lol

Aussie Dave

The internet is mean and is the reason we can't have nice things.

Aussie Dave

I like the touch of irony where the guy labeling bell fans as cocksuckers has the handle BellBoy.

Gobble gobble much.

cosmic hobo

So Art quit BellGab and social media. What medium is he going to use to convince us that the poster taking his place is posting better and more thoughtful posts with each post?

Barfly

Ok people, lets get back to the girl playing Highway Star in white cotton panties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6BpJThrTok

BellBoy

Quote from: Aussie Dave on December 20, 2015, 03:56:37 PM
I like the touch of irony where the guy labeling bell fans as cocksuckers has the handle BellBoy.

Gobble gobble much.

No one called you a cocksucker, Aussie Dave. No one. [Edit] Reading comprehension much? [/Edit] Never mind, you're Australian.

(troll harder anon, troll harder)

weedeater

Quote from: Philosopher on December 20, 2015, 03:27:26 PM
Hell, even Major Ed Dames might throw his feeble remote viewing skills in the ring.  Anybody have his number in the Ukraine?
It is possible that Clif Highs' Emotive Reduction Engine predicted this debacle in 2013.   Art must not be on the mailing list.  ALTA report = Arts Leaving Timemachine Accelerator

Taco Bell

Quote from: Barfly on December 20, 2015, 04:11:13 PM
Ok people, lets get back to the girl playing Highway Star in white cotton panties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6BpJThrTok

Next time I grab my guitar, I'm going to play on the kitchen table.

Wonder if she is from Tokyo?

lonevoice

Quote from: zeebo on December 20, 2015, 03:10:00 PM
The last 30 pgs. of this thread:

Look I know Art's not perfect, but I'm still a fan.

You treat him as if a God!

No, it's just I enjoy listening to his radio shows.

But he screwed things up real bad!

Yeah I know, but I just don't think he's the villain you're making him out to be.

Aha, so dissent is not tolerated here!

Sure it is, it's just you don't have to be so harsh about it.

Hypocrite!  You say bad things about George Noory!

Well yes, it is an Art Bell Fan site.  Most of us aren't fans of George Noory. ...

<repeat loop>

Heh. Check the date

Quote from: lonevoice on November 27, 2015, 04:43:25 PM
Since I'm not wearing a smoking jacket, I'll just say it: The last few 223 pages are shite.  ;)

FIFM

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 20, 2015, 03:06:49 PM
Does anyone remember the scene in "2010," the "2001" sequel, where Roy Scheider as the NASA head meets secretly with his Russian counterpart? They agree on 11, or was it 15, minutes of utter BS-less truth and honesty in order to get the new Jupiter mission off the ground. Then, having worked out the problem, they both go back to the office and get to work.

Well, while I agree that this whole show/network thing is probably over over (and over), I still say that this is the only really honorable way to open Monday's show. For Heather, Art and Keith to not only not acknowledge the controversy about his leaving and everything else but not deal with it straightforwardly is, to me, mind-numbingly dishonest, if not cowardly.

If anyone wants to consider my saying this an unfair attack, I'm fine with that because I know what my motivation is. I'm just hoping against hope to find a way out of this mess. The more Heather puts on her happy face, the worse it all gets. Somebody please post a link to Mel Gibson resetting his dislocated shoulder in "Lethal Weapon." End of Hollywood fantasy.

Okay, fine, if you want something done, screw up your own shoulder:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Igrdi_lhhW4

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 20, 2015, 04:54:57 PM
Okay, fine, if you want something done, screw up your own shoulder:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Igrdi_lhhW4

And that simply inspiring inspirational scene:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zqBkEnlYVoE

Juan

Quote from: lonevoice on December 20, 2015, 04:40:53 PM
Heh. Check the date

FIFM
If you had been more emphatic that Art do his show from a trailer in your driveway, we wouldn't be having this problem.

WOTR

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 03:11:06 PM
I never fully understood his coming back. I was happy for it, but didn't understand it. If I had several million, I read here someone guesses it to be more than 50 mil, I was thinking probably 2 or 3. If I had that in liquidity, you would have to buy the biggest crowbar and several feet of one inch chain to pry my ass into any kind of work.
I would go back to work... Part time.  A few hours a day, a few days a week- doing something that I really enjoyed.

I almost wonder if that was the plan from the start.  Find somebody who could host some days and start them out slow (oh... Say starting out Redacted as occasional co-host.)  After that, give them a few days and continue doing the show part time- on the schedule he wanted.

Instead, we have collectively shown that we will accept nothing less than Art Bell three hours a day, five days a week.  No, we don't want a co-host.  And no, we don't want another host.  Just Art or nothing.  We got our wish.

That said, I will try to catch MITD over this next week just to see what it looks like now.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: WOTR on December 20, 2015, 05:12:15 PM
I would go back to work... Part time.  A few hours a day, a few days a week- doing something that I really enjoyed.

I almost wonder if that was the plan from the start.  Find somebody who could host some days and start them out slow (oh... Say starting out Redacted as occasional co-host.)  After that, give them a few days and continue doing the show part time- on the schedule he wanted.

Instead, we have collectively shown that we will accept nothing less than Art Bell three hours a day, five days a week.  No, we don't want a co-host.  And no, we don't want another host.  Just Art or nothing.  We got our wish.

That said, I will try to catch MITD over this next week just to see what it looks like now.

No, no and no, I don't believe this. Packer fans bitched like hell when Favre was traded and Aaron Rogers took his place. And then they saw how Rogers played. That's the problem. Heather doesn't appear to be Aaron Rogers, with or without having her picture.

lonevoice

Quote from: Juan on December 20, 2015, 05:11:34 PM
If you had been more emphatic that Art do his show from a trailer in your driveway, we wouldn't be having this problem.
I've turned that over and over again in my mind, and you're right.  It's the only thing I've ever regretted.  ;D

Barfly

Quote from: Taco Bell on December 20, 2015, 04:29:35 PM
Next time I grab my guitar, I'm going to play on the kitchen table.

Wonder if she is from Tokyo?
I know someone who played with her, she is kinda nuts.
My kinda gal :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Barfly on December 20, 2015, 05:39:21 PM
I know someone who played with her, she is kinda nuts.
My kinda gal :)
Lisa?

Meister_000

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 20, 2015, 02:06:10 PM
Pain is a motivator.  It can train you to not be in that situation again.  Or it can train you to out endure the situation that you are in. 
Seriously, though, pain of failure.  Is the greatest motivator.  To fail your brothers is just utterly unacceptable.  Death is a lovers kiss compared to that.

You, Sir, are a throwback, a man out if time and place. Today, we live in world populated largly by narcissists and sociopaths (on the higher IQ side of the spectrum) or (on the lower end) brain-dead violent heathen animals who are ALSO sociopaths in their own right.  The key and common denomonator there is unmistakable. Sociopathy is the norm, and therefore "failing your brothers" is an _alien_ concept. Sociopaths are deficient in the "conscience" department. They have no "brothers" by definition, hence no guilt or pain or remorse, no fellow-feeling. "Duty to others" assumes one recognises that there is anything in the world beyond the pointy-part of ones own nose. It also requires a degree of self-initiated _action_ in the real physical material world. That too is an alien concept today, no linkage is made there, so again the notion of "failing to ACT" does not register, does not compute, is not even in the mix, not on their radar, not in their program, the notion is "lost" on them. So again I say,  you Sir, are a Freak!  ;)

Barfly

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 20, 2015, 05:40:26 PM
Lisa?
You wont believe this, but his name is actually Ralph, who names kids Ralph in the last 40 or so years?