• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

whoozit

Quote from: dot hash on December 12, 2015, 06:28:53 PM
There is also something to be said, though, on the idea that some people, who are for lack of a better word idolised or some kind of figurehead, to have somewhat of a responsibility to weather the storm and rise to any such challenge. That's more the arena of younger people with more excitement and brash conviction in their actions, though, I think.
I think it is foolish to idolize a public figure.  They have no attachment to you.  Their ties to their family and friends will always trump any loyalty you feel they owe you.  If Art was single with no kids living with him I bet he would have continued the show, but the point is moot.  I'm not sure that age has anything to do with it.

someguy

I thought art bell loved guns? why doesn't he feel safe with his precious guns to protect him?

dot hash

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 06:35:25 PM
Oh I think I know exactly what you are saying. Welcome to BellGab! Please post often!

Thanks dad.

dot hash

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 12, 2015, 06:37:48 PM
As a counterargument, I offer you George Noory, with his tenacity of the cockroach.

That's different, George is a disinformation robot sent from the future.

Quote from: whoozit on December 12, 2015, 06:38:22 PM
I think it is foolish to idolize a public figure.  They have no attachment to you.  Their ties to their family and friends will always trump any loyalty you feel they owe you.  If Art was single with no kids living with him I bet he would have continued the show, but the point is moot.  I'm not sure that age has anything to do with it.

I agree, I'm just considering ideas really, not saying that I think Art should have acted differently because of my personal feelings or even those of his wider audience. As far as I'm concerned he should be chilling on a beach these days.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: dot hash on December 12, 2015, 06:37:48 PM
Well to put it more simply; people who put themselves into that kind of position could anticipate and overcome most threats or dangers, even when it's very disagreeable and can damage their personal life, to more effectively enforce their role and their statements.

I kind of see what you're saying.. but then again. He's not somebody like Obama (for example). Someone running for president knows that if s/he runs for president, they have the potential to be assassinated.  It's one of the possible side effects, like bad pain meds. That said, if you become president, you automatically get a whole security team whose whole job is to keep away the nuts.  Art's been doing his thing for decades now, with bumps along the road.. but now he's doing a show as a dad of a 9 yr old, who is absolutely terrified that daddy is going to get killed every night.  His job doesn't come with a security detail.  He has to work that shit out for himself, unfortunately.

DanTSX

dot hash

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 12, 2015, 06:42:46 PM
I kind of see what you're saying.. but then again. He's not somebody like Obama (for example). Someone running for president knows that if s/he runs for president, they have the potential to be assassinated.  It's one of the possible side effects, like bad pain meds. That said, if you become president, you automatically get a whole security team whose whole job is to keep away the nuts.  Art's been doing his thing for decades now, with bumps along the road.. but now he's doing a show as a dad of a 9 yr old, who is absolutely terrified that daddy is going to get killed every night.  His job doesn't come with a security detail.  He has to work that shit out for himself, unfortunately.

Of course, it would be irresponsible and require tunnel vision / selfishness on a borderline fanatical level to ignore the safety of your own family to pursue a goal or ideal. A lot of the problem is how irrationally some people have come to view Art.

DanTSX

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 12, 2015, 03:47:24 PM
Muchio Cockhold strikes again!

filing that away for future use

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: someguy on December 12, 2015, 06:38:34 PM
I thought art bell loved guns? why doesn't he feel safe with his precious guns to protect him?

yeah, i'm sure he'd feel safer without the guns.

oy.

whoozit

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 12, 2015, 05:25:27 PM
Yeah it's like the whole joint is on bath salts today.
I feel like I could us some bath...hmmm...nah.

Freyja

Cross post...posted it in last night's thread, however I would like to copy here also. If that's a no no, than please delete:

FWIW, let me throw my couple of cents in.

I have just finished trying to catch up on the latest happenings with Art and listened to last night's show.

As many of you have posted, none of this makes any sense.

Art apparently quits because his family is in danger, yet he comes back on the air after he announces his reasons for quitting,  despite his reason for quitting is allegedly that being on the air puts his family in danger and is traumatizing his daughter.  Then, he basically takes over the show, steers it, interviews the guest, calls breaks and names Heather the new host of MITD....and then he signs off.

So how does any of the above make any sense?!?!

Where were Airyn and Asia while he was on the air last night?

Was he not concerned about his/their safety by making this move? ...Asia hiding in her room?!?!

Were Heather's difficulties with the show at the start more important to motivate him to get on the air with her, than allegedly his families safety?...the reason for him quitting?!?!?

I give Heather Wade huge kudos for taking the show on last night...this must have been very high pressure and most difficult.

That said, after hearing her initial interview with Art before MITD debuted, and  then the show Art had her on as a pseudo co-host which many balked at ( and Art nixed her role in that), I have to say she would serve much better in a role with Art Bell as Robin is to Howard Stern.

I trust that Heather is savvy, smart and has a relatively nice voice, however IMHO her tone, approach and manner doesn't suit a venue as sole host for a late night intimate program like what we have experienced with Art.

Sorry Heather, I wish you more than well, however I won't be paying for any subscription with you hosting MITD. Not sure if I will even listen on any regular basis except when I'm awake on my local radio station until they cancel the show with this new development.

I am also so sorry for all the other causalities of this latest news: Keith Rowland and DMDN which seems to be done according to what RCH and Keith are alluding to, all the other podcast folks on DMDN etc.

What a total F*** up.

There was no other way for Art Bell to handle this with ensuring safety to his family and keeping MITD going with him in his chair?!?!?....

As Art has said many times, "Nothing is as it Seems" and sadly I think this may be one of those times..... :(   

Good luck Art...I wish you and your family well. I thank you for more than 2 decades of taking that ride with you.

For me, the ride is over.

Art has jerked his audience around one too many times for me this go round....and this latest one just broke this camel's back  :(   

DanTSX

Quote from: dot hash on December 12, 2015, 06:48:09 PM
Of course, it would be irresponsible and require tunnel vision / selfishness on a borderline fanatical level to ignore the safety of your own family to pursue a goal or ideal. A lot of the problem is how irrationally some people have come to view Art.

Yup.

I see a lot of selfishness in the responses.

The whole thing sucks, but it really comes down to some old retired guy wants to live out the rest of his days.  If he's not revealing all of the facts, I really don't care.  And I certainly don't blame him based on how some of the deinstitutionalized mongrels around here are taking the news.

Actually, it's possible that it's a clever story to keep some nut jobs away.

DanTSX

Quote from: someguy on December 12, 2015, 06:38:34 PM

You really didn't think that out before you posted it, did you?

Which bath salts are your favorite?

Mastodonkey

It all could have been so simple. But Art had to get the show live and on radio stations throughout the country and have this dark matter news shit and whatnot when all he had to do was have a simple podcast/webshow. And none of this would have happened.

Instead he did all this work and pissed the wrong people off again and now he has nothing to show for it.

Art didn't need to rebuild an empire and take on the big boys, people just wanted to hear him do a paranormal show in some capacity

dot hash

Quote from: DanTSX on December 12, 2015, 06:53:58 PM
Yup.

I see a lot of selfishness in the responses.

The whole thing sucks, but it really comes down to some old retired guy wants to live out the rest of his days.  If he's not revealing all of the facts, I really don't care.  And I certainly don't blame him based on how some of the deinstitutionalized mongrels around here are taking the news.

Actually, it's possible that it's a clever story to keep some nut jobs away.

Yeah, I've found a lot of the comments made via Facebook on the retirement announcement on his site to be quite distasteful and demented.

phrodo

Quote from: Freyja on December 12, 2015, 06:53:29 PM
<drivel snip>

You actually think anyone cares what you think? That's as ludicrous as your drivel. Not surprised though .. you've never had anything positive to contribute here. So -- don't go away mad .. just go away. 

Freyja

Quote from: phrodo on December 12, 2015, 06:58:18 PM
You actually think anyone cares what you think? That's as ludicrous as your drivel. Not surprised though .. you've never had anything positive to contribute here. So -- don't go away mad .. just go away.

and so you think anyone one cares what you think? I DON'T. :)

Freedom of speech man...get a grip.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Freyja on December 12, 2015, 07:00:32 PM
and so anyone one cares what you think? I DON'T. :)
I care what you think Freyja :) I just am going out the door and don't have much time. I do care, and I still like your avatar you weirdo lol

HumanBeing

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 12, 2015, 06:37:48 PM
As a counterargument, I offer you George Noory, with his tenacity of the cockroach.

George would probably be the only guy able to survive a direct hit of a nuclear bomb and mutter... "Could it be Angels?"

BellBoy

Quote from: ItsOver on December 12, 2015, 06:11:13 PM
Quitting is a hallowed, longtime tradition of our cult and leader.

heh heh

Freyja

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 07:04:15 PM
I care what you think Freyja :) I just am going out the door and don't have much time. I do care, and I still like your avatar you weirdo lol

Thanks C....like you, I care about what everyone thinks. Isn't that why some of us are here/there on the net?...the quest for the truth even if it involves Art Bell?

Thank you for making me smile and your kind heart  :)

Mastodonkey

I ate way too many jalapenos earlier and boy does my asshole burn

coaster

Quote from: Freyja on December 12, 2015, 06:53:29 PM
Cross post...posted it in last night's thread, however I would like to copy here also. If that's a no no, than please delete:

FWIW, let me throw my couple of cents in.

I have just finished trying to catch up on the latest happenings with Art and listened to last night's show.

As many of you have posted, none of this makes any sense.

Art apparently quits because his family is in danger, yet he comes back on the air after he announces his reasons for quitting,  despite his reason for quitting is allegedly that being on the air puts his family in danger and is traumatizing his daughter.  Then, he basically takes over the show, steers it, interviews the guest, calls breaks and names Heather the new host of MITD....and then he signs off.

So how does any of the above make any sense?!?!

Where were Airyn and Asia while he was on the air last night?

Was he not concerned about his/their safety by making this move? ...Asia hiding in her room?!?!

Were Heather's difficulties with the show at the start more important to motivate him to get on the air with her, than allegedly his families safety?...the reason for him quitting?!?!?

I give Heather Wade huge kudos for taking the show on last night...this must have been very high pressure and most difficult.

That said, after hearing her initial interview with Art before MITD debuted, and  then the show Art had her on as a pseudo co-host which many balked at ( and Art nixed her role in that), I have to say she would serve much better in a role with Art Bell as Robin is to Howard Stern.

I trust that Heather is savvy, smart and has a relatively nice voice, however IMHO her tone, approach and manner doesn't suit a venue as sole host for a late night intimate program like what we have experienced with Art.

Sorry Heather, I wish you more than well, however I won't be paying for any subscription with you hosting MITD. Not sure if I will even listen on any regular basis except when I'm awake on my local radio station until they cancel the show with this new development.

I am also so sorry for all the other causalities of this latest news: Keith Rowland and DMDN which seems to be done according to what RCH and Keith are alluding to, all the other podcast folks on DMDN etc.

What a total F*** up.

There was no other way for Art Bell to handle this with ensuring safety to his family and keeping MITD going with him in his chair?!?!?....

As Art has said many times, "Nothing is as it Seems" and sadly I think this may be one of those times..... :(   

Good luck Art...I wish you and your family well. I thank you for more than 2 decades of taking that ride with you.

For me, the ride is over.

Art has jerked his audience around one too many times for me this go round....and this latest one just broke this camel's back  :(
Would you happen to have this in audio book form?

Freyja

Quote from: coaster on December 12, 2015, 07:17:16 PM
Would you happen to have this in audio book form?

Coming soon....just getting PayPal set up... :-* ...but for YOU, I'll send you a half price coupon.

slippingaway

Quote from: Art Bell on December 11, 2015, 10:39:45 PM
Well by now I am sure you all know I have thrown in the towel yet again. This time it was because after this last incident I was still going to go forward with a open line show tonight until my Wife sat me down this Afternoon and said she now thinks we should stop, it turns out my Daughter Asia had been sent to her room as the Police were called and my Wife found her shaking in the dark scared to death. People I am sure will say all sorts of things as usual but when my Wife said enough and told me our Daughter was in trauma over this last incident it kind of sank in that I have more to think about then myself and what people may say. As the Police came they did so of course with lights and sirens, about three or four Patrol cars I think and Asia did not know if I was alive or dead, too much for a 8 Year old and Mom.

So I want to thank all the Bell Gab members who have helped in so many ways getting this show off the ground, my heart will always be with you in every way. So many have helped and even been involved like Ross, what a great guy. Heather who will now get a shot at least and I hope you will all throw your support to her.

I may do a show every now and then with no regular dates which might throw off what ever nut job has been doing this. At least I had a shot at what I love for some Month's. Again a special thanks to everybody on this special place.

Art

Dear Art,

When I heard the news, I was floored. My heart goes out to you and yours. By all means, do what you must to protect your wife and child. Set up a sting or something to bring this bastard to justice.  All MUST NOT be allowed to go so awry in the Kingdom of Nye!

I would put my life on hold to be come be armed security if your needed, because you mean that much to me and so many. You are a NATIONAL TREASURE! No one could be more loyal than a fan. You practically raised a whole generation of disobedient night-owl children, because as kids we refused to go to bed when there are things that go bump in the night, AND we could learn about them all if we just waited till midnight and tuned the radio without waking the parents. 

You were (and are) a conduit to a new way of thinking, and that is why you are being attacked.  Your colleague John B. Wells said it best, "When you are taking the most flack, you know you are directly over the target."  I agree with his sentiment.  You are the ART OF TALK, MR. BELL.

Well, what a ride Art. Here are some memories for you.  It was I who sent the gavel. It was I who was your very first caller on your last open lines night, with the "24 beers and a red-eyed winged creature.

It is I who revere you like a father, or a least a cool uncle.  The messages you bring forth are HUGE. You are a mouthpiece of common sense and good in an otherwise holographic reality of human conditioning.  Hat's off to you, Mr. Bell.  You created this genre (more or less), and the haters here need to be removed from this reality.

My advice, would be to stay safe. Arm yourself and maybe get Asia a smartwatch with GPS. If in the least she would never lose her watch. I would love to help you fortify.

If Pahrump is so hostile all the sudden, why not go elsewhere? Perhaps a stronghold in Colorado, where the air is crisp, the people are proper mid-westerners, and fiber-optics are everywhere already.  I already know the answer, because you are probably set in your ways that you would want to be buried in Pahrump. It's home. It's where the heart is.

ART, I NEVER GOT TO ASK YOU: IF IN THE EVENT OF A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, ARE WE ALL TO COME TO PAHRUMP AND FORTIFY IT AS THE LAST HOPE FOR HUMANITY?

God bless you sir, with peace and long life.  Losing you again is a sad day for many, many of us.  I wish we could all do a Art Bell family meet and greet cruise.  I never got to buy you a steak dinner, and that's proof positive that your time with us all is too short.

Heather has my support, my blessings, and possibly my heart. She is a darling and I will listen when time provides.  Please don't let your decision to put family first be the end of Dark Matter Digital Network. 

You hear that Kieth? Don't just fold it.  The mission is too important. Your channel is on the bleeding edge.  Bring in John B. Wells, doesn't have to be his timeslot, doesn't have to be live, but just make arrangements to stream a few episodes even if a few days behind.

Could always shine a light on Whitley. Dreamland is still very much a connected part of many of us fans. I subscribe to Whitley.

I've had about 20 hours to process my anger and frustration at whomever took Mr. Bell away.  I don't smell prem-rat guys, I smell a dark and sinister bastard that needs to be taken out.  Neutralized.  He is infringing on constitutionally protected rights. Them inalienable kind. 

ATTN Nye Sheriff's Department, get the damn perp(s) and earn your f^$king salary.

Quote from: Mastodonkey on December 12, 2015, 07:16:30 PM
I ate way too many jalapenos earlier and boy does my asshole burn

Are you sure that's the only reason?

Haha! Just kidding!  ;D

Meister_000

Quote from: dot hash on December 12, 2015, 06:37:48 PM
. . .  people who put themselves into that kind of position could anticipate and overcome most threats or dangers . . .

Dude; the Wifey is Guilt-Tripping him. She is "The Force" to recon with on a 24/7/365 till-death-do-them-part basis. Dig?  "The Threat" is "inside the house", already, now, and tomorrow, and the day after as well. She put her foot down. End of story -- until and unless she becomes comfortable with the Totality of the lifestyle and all that might mean.