• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

All the best Art. Great show. I regret not calling in.

coaster

I wonder how this mess will affect hoagland's trainwreck of a show.

trostol

Quote from: coaster on December 12, 2015, 01:23:03 AM
I wonder how this mess will affect hoagland's trainwreck of a show.

if MITD stays on..little

paladin1991

Quote from: BattyBrooke on December 11, 2015, 10:47:38 PM
Don't even count the entire "bellgab world" in. I'm not listening again. Ever. ,,I,,

https://youtu.be/yhQql-ZbZmg

paladin1991

Quote from: BattyBrooke on December 11, 2015, 11:06:22 PM
Maybe now that Art's retired, the riff raff will clear and bellgab will go back to what it was before his return. The trash in here stinks. I give it a couple months. I'l check back then. Cheers!

You still here?

SnakeEyes

Pretty sure a longtime national radio host and his family being terrorized by an unknown gunman (especially right now given the gun violence in the news) would get the attention of the media. This is the type of story their love to report on. If nothing else local media, especially in an area where nothing happens, would be all over this. At minimum they'd be reporting this as a warning to local residents/parents.

anyone seen a pahrump police blotter?

paladin1991

Quote from: SnakeEyes on December 12, 2015, 01:46:45 AM
Pretty sure a longtime national radio host and his family being terrorized by an unknown gunman (especially right now given the gun violence in the news) would get the attention of the media. This is the type of story their love to report on. If nothing else local media, especially in an area where nothing happens, would be all over this. At minimum they'd be reporting this as a warning to local residents/parents.

anyone seen a pahrump police blotter?

Why don't you get right on that?

Dateline

I do think there are some underworld influences behind the events on Art's compound related to his popularity and affiliates network. 

I am not happy.  Art should not bail, but continue.  We are all at risk with what we do.  It could happen to anyone, but to end it all, is just not making an A in attendance. 

Heather does not fulfill my expectations to carry a show like this, sorry, I do not listen to Connie Willis either, so it is nothing personal to Redacted. 

vansmythe

Good luck Art! It was a short but sweet ride while it lasted and you haven't lost a step as a broadcaster but family comes first and best wishes to you and your family and Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year and Happy future New Years.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 11:32:05 PM
its not by length(double entandre?) but how many posts lol j/k

Hmmm, I wonder who might be up there in post counts.... ::)

Surmo

Surmo

RCH said this is probably his last show, and will explain why in a bit. Hmm......

Quote from: Surmo on December 12, 2015, 02:03:41 AM
RCH said this is probably his last show, and will explain why in a bit. Hmm......

DArk matter digital network is done. I'm guessing he pissed he didn't get arts time slot.

Surmo

Yeah, the whole network crashes in one night.  Well, there was buildup to this one night, but it seems over, and
over quickly.   RCH may be full of crap, but he shoots from the hip with what he thinks is right.

George Noory

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 12, 2015, 02:05:05 AM
DArk matter digital network is done. I'm guessing he pissed he didn't get arts time slot.

So Hoaxland could bark at his guests in a better time slot.

Any email that starts with "Richard, your show is amazing..." is total bullshit. Hoaxie is just angling for Art's time slot and trying to sucker Keith into keeping the lights on.

aldousburbank

December 11, 2015; A day that will live in BellGab infamy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 12, 2015, 02:24:02 AM
December 11, 2015; A day that will live in BellGab infamy.

December 12th here... Another day another crises. Nothing to see or hear.

Meister_000

Today's stats came close to matching Art's-Return Inaugural Show on 7-20-2015:

Most Simultaneous Online Today: 1,327
Most Simultaneous Online Ever:    1,461 (July 20, 2015, 10:03:49 PM)

Word traveled fast.

xphile

I just now heard the news. I don't even know where to begin. I'm new here at Bellgab, but I've been listening to Art faithfully since 1997.

Honestly, this doesn't really come as a surprise to me. After the second replay of the show, I had a feeling this was going to happen. I don't know what it was, but something in my mind said that he would be retiring again. I guess it was just the trend over the years and I could see it happening again.

People are saying he made all this up because he got bored and wanted to quit the show, and because the show wasn't doing as well as he hoped. Frankly, at first glance those statements really piss me off. I'd like to think that isn't the case. His lines were jammed all the time..Friday night fast blast proved that. Almost every night he had amazing guests..Sally Vander Veer being one of them. The best radio interview on marijuana I've ever listened to. A few nights I said to myself this is the best show Art's done, I don't know how he's going to top that..and the next night he did.

Then there's all the threads about there being no police report which I do find rather odd. But again, why would Art make all that up? It would be easier for him to just say his back pain prevents him from doing the show any longer than to make up an elaborate hoax about people out to shoot him. So let's say the stalker is real. I'm certain there's someone who would volunteer to patrol or something and catch the person(s) and Art could get back to what he does best.

Each time Art retires I always keep hope because I know he'll eventually come back. However, this time it looks like it's for real the final retirement. He's getting up in age.

Dammit, I feel really let down again. I was really hoping this time around it was going to last at least a couple of years. He has the perfect platform now using internet streaming. He's ahead of the curve when it comes to that because radio is dying out.

Really bums me out because I was getting a year subscription to the show for Christmas  :'(

Anyway, I need some time to digest this.

Quote from: Surmo on December 12, 2015, 02:09:39 AM
...   RCH may be full of crap, but he shoots from the hip with what he thinks is right.

Does he?  I think he's astonishingly dishonest and his smarmy arrogant personality is an attempt to hide it, but I suppose he really could be that delusional.

If nothing else, the silver lining is that he's gone too.

Stephen

Well Art... I just wanted to say thanks... I was excited when you came back... and your daughter got to hear and see what her "dad does"... that's wonderful and great...  and my teenage son got to hear what art bell "excitement" was about (and he got to hear his dad playing on several cuts of classic art bumper music)...

Thanks Art... be well...

Art said he might occasionally check in on heathers show.

Does Art know that Keith told Hoagie that he is shutting the network down?  Yet Art says that Heather will be doing the show on Monday.  Communication breakdown?

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 12, 2015, 04:14:23 AM
Does Art know that Keith told Hoagie that he is shutting the network down?  Yet Art says that Heather will be doing the show on Monday.  Communication breakdown?

hoagie BSing and trying to get into Art's spot

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 12, 2015, 04:14:23 AM

Breakdown?  Was there every any continuity?

I'm thinking about what if Art does not realize that it is not just Heather that may lose her job but Hoagland and whatever other shows are exclusive to the DMRN.  That is a big deal and he may have to reconsider.  I don't want him working because other people's livelihoods are on the line but it should have some influence on the decision he is making.