• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GravitySucks

I want me a brand new (Redacted) shirt.

In camo, because it is still hunting season down here. So if you are my Secret Santa, that's what I want.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on December 11, 2015, 06:20:58 PM
This is the first time you actually made me laugh.

Rosie and all the Bella-Havens Babes 'always' make me laugh.. you guys need a humor tune up.
Every Woman that posts on BellGab is adorable in their own way!

Ciardelo

Man, just trying to keep up...they really come out of the woodwork don't they?

Change the forum name to (Redacted)Gab.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 11, 2015, 07:30:11 PM
Will the network linger on or is Rowland just gonna pull the plug?

The only draw of the network was Art Bell. Without him as a regular, there's little point in keeping it up. DMDN will return to the time where it topped out at 900 nightly listeners (and that was on a good day).

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 11, 2015, 07:28:57 PM
I know George says there are no coincidences, but I dropped my Time Traveler subscription just two days ago, the morning after that abortion of a show with David Jacobs.

Yeah, I dropped mine a few weeks ago. I saw it coming. Too much drama for me.

trostol

man some people, not here, saying their world is crashing cause Art quit..wtf

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 07:35:00 PM

I already took my fema issued cyanide pill  :'( :'(.

ShayP

Paul Simon precipitated that breakup and.....ohhhh, you mean Art Bell.  I thought you were talking about Art Garfunkel.   :D

IcicleTrepan

I have faith in Redacted.  She's been lining up the guests already anyway which is a big part of the show's feel.

Jazmunda is probably on suicide watch.

Ms. C

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 11, 2015, 07:30:24 PM
I agree. I think she's going to pleasantly surprise everyone.
+1

HumanBeing

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on December 11, 2015, 05:27:29 PM
I'd like him to immediately take down that Facebook post and think logically about what the hell he's doing.  Yes, admittedly as a fan I am selfish because I want more MITD shows but even so, quitting because a psychopath is harassing you with the goal of ending your show is a bad move.  He's letting the crazy criminal win! :-[

I can't imagine what it would be like to be in Art's situation. But in the end 'they' won. Art buckled without much fight at all. I think deep down we all suspect who 'they' are.
While I think keeping his family safe is the #1 priority I believe there were other steps that could have been taken to resolve this before ending the show.

Even though Art is well within his rights to do the hell whatever he wants, and I reiterate keeping his family safe without a doubt is the #1 priority, I will never monetarily support anything he does ever again. He is a quitter. That's that. No radio station in their right mind would ever consider carrying any show he is apart of ever again, not that that point means anything anymore  :(

I really thought Art had more balls. Remove the family from the situation and deal with these fukkers. Nope. Argh.

Soylentblue

Art is officially a "serial quitter".

A middle finger to all those who supported him in his comeback. A middle finger to the Time Travelers who made a financial commitment to him. A middle finger to the terrestrial stations that signed up with Bell.

Somehow this isn't a surprise. Art has mentioned too many times about how "old" he is to the point that it was like listening to your old uncle repeat himself over and over again.

Time to move on. There are too many new stallions like Bateman who do a far better job than Bell has been doing since July.

:-[

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on December 11, 2015, 07:36:32 PM
Paul Simon precipitated that breakup and.....ohhhh, you mean Art Bell.  I thought you were talking about Art Garfunkel.   :D
Hehehe

Ciardelo

I'm liking the C2C not-so-subtle fans and/or operatives trying to throw down. lol

Catsmile

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 06:50:35 PM

well..just from what he has told us..he was threatened about going back on the air ..so i guess one would figure if he stops broadcasting..again..from what he told us...then this..nutter will stop

Damn... Problem solved, because a "nutter" is a trustworthy sort of person to bet you and your families life on. ::) 

Claudius

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on December 11, 2015, 07:37:05 PM
I have faith in Redacted.  She's been lining up the guests already anyway which is a big part of the show's feel.

While that may be the case, don't expect any big names to appear on the show. You will just get the mishmash of lame hucksters and old losers still desperately peddling their crap.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Soylentblue on December 11, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

A middle finger to all those who supported him in his comeback. A middle finger to the Time Travelers who made a financial commitment to him. A middle finger to the terrestrial stations that signed up with Bell.

Somehow this isn't a surprise. Art has mentioned too many times about how "old" he is to the point that it was like listening to your old uncle repeat himself over and over again.

Time to move on. There are too many new stallions like Bateman who do a far better job than Bell has been doing since July.

Bateman has a show? When is it on?

HumanBeing

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 05:42:35 PM
I just read Art's Facebook post and I'm not surprised. Is anyone shocked by this? I think (just my opinion) Art wanted out. And this incident gave him one. I'm not questioning Art's story. The fact is he quit, agian. I'm disappointed. That's about it. Art, keep your family safe. Good luck with retirement.

For those who had Art 'quitting before Xmas' in the pool. Congratulations  >:(

ge30542

I'll surely get shit for this, but the times I heard redacted, I don't remember being amazed at her "on air" skills.
Nothing personal, I'm sure she's a very lovely woman.

I'll return to the old shows on TuneIn.

Claudius

Quote from: Soylentblue on December 11, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

It's also a middle finger to all the people who essentially created the show for him, did the publicity for him, called stations for him, posted on blogs and forums for him, and were supposed to be the anti-pirate policemen for him.

ShayP

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on December 11, 2015, 05:27:29 PM
I'd like him to immediately take down that Facebook post and think logically about what the hell he's doing.  Yes, admittedly as a fan I am selfish because I want more MITD shows but even so, quitting because a psychopath is harassing you with the goal of ending your show is a bad move.  He's letting the crazy criminal win! :-[

trostol

Quote from: ge30542 on December 11, 2015, 07:40:43 PM
I'll surely get shit for this, but the times I heard redacted, I don't remember being amazed at her "on air" skills.
Nothing personal, I'm sure she's a very lovely woman.

I'll return to the old shows on TuneIn.

that is going to be the big test..if she can keep the audience outisde of the lil bellgab world

trostol

not open lines tonight either

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 07:43:01 PM
not open lines tonight either

Wait so whats the topic or does she have a guest? ???

paranominal

I'll miss Art Bell very much. I've loved Midnight in the Desert and I'm glad for the shows we've had. It's been an amazing ride and I'm grateful. I plan to tune in tonight to support Heather Wade as the new host. I think she will be great. I hope everyone else will do the same. We can keep the show going and she is already a great producer so the interesting guests will keep coming. Good luck tonight Heather Wade!

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 11, 2015, 07:44:51 PM
Wait so whats the topic or does she have a guest? ???

TONIGHT on Midnight in the Desert - Please welcome HEATHER WADE as she will host Brendan Tarpley, Time Traveler from the year 2148!!