• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ge30542

Is there any mention of these shootings in the Pahrump Times, or the "Kingdom of Nye" County police blotter?

norland2424

Quote from: the_peeve on December 11, 2015, 06:29:20 PM
Hmm why can't people see that Heather is keeping the mic warm until Art gets back? Can we settle down a bit?

I can see that happening, thats why people should wait until Monday to cancel their subs.

Claudius

Quote from: the_peeve on December 11, 2015, 06:29:20 PM
Hmm why can't people see that Heather is keeping the mic warm until Art gets back? Can we settle down a bit?

I'm not so sure about that. He says he is down now and in the future. But then again we all know his somewhat sketchy on-air record, so who knows maybe he will just come back again.

akwilly

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on December 11, 2015, 05:42:44 PM
I should have known never to again trust Art Bell.  I love the guy and think he's an amazing broadcaster but reliable he is not. :'(
I told you all on a gabcast a while back that Art is not to be trusted. I mean he only has 1 shirt!

whoozit

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 06:26:27 PM
I think part of the reasoning is the fact that he didn't even know if he was being shot at, or if it was a "firecracker". Not to sound insensitive, because this must be terrible for his family, but he doesn't know if this was just some loser walking around or an actual stalker. Art has always been one to believe things because his gut tells him so, because they are spooky, or because he just wants to believe, and this may simply be one of those cases.
I think Art knows more about the situation than any of us do.  I get the skepticism but so many things said here are just asinine.  Rather than question posters here I will just withdraw from the thread and wish everyone a wonderful evening.

Yeah I'm waiting a little while before I get worried or upset about this. Who knows what is really happening or what will really happen.

At the least we got a few weeks of fun drama to ride here on BellGab. Especially when 4Chan reacts to tonight's show.

whoozit

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 06:29:07 PM
Art knows for a fact that he will be harmed if he keeps broadcasting?
I see where your coming from but just don't agree with your point of view.  I think we'll both live.  Have a nice night.   :)

the_peeve

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 06:31:29 PM
I'm not so sure about that. He says he is down now and in the future. But then again we all know his somewhat sketchy on-air record, so who knows maybe he will just come back again.

Yes but he is handing off the mic to Heather, not someone else. That speaks volumes. She talked him out of hanging up his boots by letting her take on the show. Or he felt it was not officially over and he just needed time off to work on strategies, and Heather was his personal choice in the intern. I think this is a very good sign that cooler heads are prevailing and Heather will keep the seat warm for Art's return when things settle down on the home front.

Quote from: ge30542 on December 11, 2015, 06:30:52 PM
Is there any mention of these shootings in the Pahrump Times, or the "Kingdom of Nye" County police blotter?

one would think that any semi-famous person being shot at twice in a month would have some kind of news story.

I think "getting shot at" was this versions "bad back". It is what it is, Art is gone, but I don't buy the gunshot story.

Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 06:28:30 PM
Agree. It is very much like his last exit, just gone with barely a goodbye to his fans who have helped him beyond a reasonable amount.

I'm waiting for a fiery post from, Art. You know, to all the haters, Dave bots, what have you. Hopefully something. Anything. Quitting in the manner he did was weak. I expected more professionalism...

VtaGeezer

Still looking an iota of 3rd party validation of this whole intruder business.   I'm working hard to suppress my cynical side lest I get banned or stalked.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Bells are already in or booked to Manila.

Coz

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 06:39:18 PM
I'm waiting for a fiery post from, Art. You know, to all the haters, Dave bots, what have you. Hopefully something. Anything. Quitting in the manner he did was weak. I expected more professionalism...

Art has always been eccentric- and that isn't going to change. It's a condition of his existence. This is both good and bad.

trostol

Quote from: SnapT on December 11, 2015, 06:24:55 PM
I would like to see Hoagland get the time slot if Art doesn't return.

that would be awful...so he can insult his listeners and talk over guests at an earlier hour?

as is he only does 3 and a half shows a week

VtaGeezer

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 06:39:18 PM
You must not have been around the other times he quit.

Why doesn't someone just call the Pahrump's Sheriff?

Catsmile

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 06:21:04 PM
It's probably not the right time but I can't wait to see how Hoagland tries to jump off the sinking ship.

Meh. As much as Art quits it's nevar too soon.

ziznak

i dunno guys shit sux if he's really quiting but I'm looking forward to hearing heather tonight... hopefully Art's just trying to get things to calm down... lay low.

I found his post on fartbook about 16 mins after it happened I was on the train... all i could think was... "bellgab is going to implode"

has anybody seen jazmunda...?

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 06:43:23 PM

have you not been paying attention? lol they've been out there..again from what we know..there is no firm description of said..suspect..and no..no pizza roll boxes were found lol

EarthAlien007

Yeah, and ask him why Art isn't getting any police support / protection. How hard would it be to keep an eye on his property?

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 06:45:09 PM
have you not been paying attention? lol they've been out there..again from what we know..there is no firm description of said..suspect..and no..no pizza roll boxes were found lol

I'm saying call the Sheriff and ask for any reports or info about shootings or calls around Art's address. It's all public record.

I just called the Sheriff for the county of a house I'm buying for a run down of all their reports in the area and the property.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 11, 2015, 06:42:32 PM
that would be awful...so he can insult his listeners and talk over guests at an earlier hour?

as is he only does 3 and a half shows a week

Shame on you, this is how we end up getting stuck with just noory lol.

Catsmile

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 06:29:07 PM
Art knows for a fact that he will be harmed if he keeps broadcasting?

Art knows for a fact that he and his won't be harmed if he quits broadcasting?  <sigh> ::)

coaster

Things change... It's been a pleasure listening to you Art. Thanks for the fun.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 06:47:04 PM
I'm saying call the Sheriff and ask for any reports or info about shootings or calls around Art's address. It's all public record.

I just called the Sheriff for the county of a house I'm buying for a run down of all their reports in the area and the property.

might be difficult ..still ongoing ivestigation..i dunno..never had this issue lol

Quote from: whoozit on December 11, 2015, 06:35:41 PM
I see where your coming from but just don't agree with your point of view.  I think we'll both live.  Have a nice night.   :)

Fair enough. I guess Art's past history makes me skeptical.

trostol

Quote from: Catsmile on December 11, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
Art knows for a fact that he and his won't be harmed if he quits broadcasting?  <sigh> ::)

well..just from what he has told us..he was threatened about going back on the air ..so i guess one would figure if he stops broadcasting..again..from what he told us...then this..nutter will stop

sydtron

Guys, gals,

I agree. Family comes first!!  If this is the way it ends. So be it. Sure we all feel dissapointed. Who wouldnt. But I believe this isnt Art just quitting fir tge sake of it.  If my family was in danger. I sure would mke sure they were safe.  Life is too damn short!!!  Ill be listening tonight.  Hell. I may call in.  But. LONG LIVE THE KINDOM OF NYE. and LONG LIVE ART BELL.   GO RED GO!!! 

Uncle Duke

And say what, "Send me your case files of the alleged incident (s) at the home on Arthur Bell."?

The irony here is one our number, a retired homicide detective, laid out a well thought out and well written FOIA request here a few weeks ago to send to the local sheriff, but he got a load of shit.

GravitySucks

This is all my fault. Since I resigned my job and today was my last day at work, I donated $20 to BellGab while I still had spending money. Get home to read this. Well I hope MV puts it up for a rainy day.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 11, 2015, 06:42:35 PM
You must not have been around the other times he quit.

I was being sarcastic.