• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

b_dubb

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 03, 2012, 11:30:36 AM
I think we all want to believe..

Photoshop Art's head onto that saucer and that can be the thread ... site? ... mascot. Having Art chime in on our little virtual village is pretty darn cool. Welcome Art!

Also ... notice how Art capitalizes the H in hobby? That's a fella that his his priorities straight! Excellent!

kf5iwe

ART HAS SPOKEN!! Hope to run into you on HF or echolink when I get a new computer.
Duane KF5IWE

b_dubb

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 03, 2012, 02:09:00 PM
and, by the way... this is just another example of why it's a bad idea to lock threads.
because when you lock threads you take a dump on possibility

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 03, 2012, 06:12:00 PM

that's exactly it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on February 03, 2012, 06:12:00 PM
And you're letting the terrorists win.

BobGrau

lol 121 pages of speculation, and all we had to do was ask...  ::)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on February 03, 2012, 08:52:18 PM
lol 121 pages of speculation, and all we had to do was ask...  ::)

yes, but weren't those 121 pages FUNNNNNN???????

Art Bell

The mess is indeed cleaned up finally. It is strange that something designed to
save you in a emergency can cause one.

As for Coast, the show has changed which from my point of view is a shame but
it is the right of the Host doing the show to take it in the direction they see fit. I
have had many offers to join other Networks to compete if I wished BUT I have
decided that I do not wish to destroy what I built, or what is left of it.

I really am enjoying being Retired, I can be part of my Daughter's life as she grows
and it is a blast. I do miss all of you though. I am not saying I will not pick up a mike
one day, just not this day. I learned long ago, never say never.

Art

HAL 9000

Quote from: Art Bell on February 03, 2012, 10:32:03 PMAs for Coast, the show has changed which from my point of view is a shame but
it is the right of the Host doing the show to take it in the direction they see fit. I
                                                                                     Art

Just curious Art... there has been MUCH speculation, as you must surely know, about your webcam post at knye.com just over a year ago shown below. Many speculated as to possible "cryptic" meanings derived from your wording. We'd all love to know the "real deal" of the meaning of these words:

11angeleyes11

Very nice to read another post.  Just to comment on picking up a mike, just not on this day.

... . but remember, tomorrow is another day. . .surely Mr. Bell will not be gone with the wind. . forever. . .

It is special to see your daughter growing and those years cannot be replaced, it is a very remarkable time. 

Wow!!!!! Great to hear from Mr. Bell.  Thank you so much for all the delightful years of inquiry that you brought to all of us.  I still listen to your old shows from 10 years ago rather than listen to the inane banter that airs now on C2C.  In fact, I would literally be willing to give my right arm to have you back on each night.  Losing your show was like losing a dear family member.  You certainly set the standard and there are so many paranormal shows now that are streamed over the net.  Have you listened to or found any that you reccommend?
Thanks for stopping by to say hello and come back often.  You enjoy your retirement my friend but know that you always have an eager audience ready to roll if you ever want to do a show again.
BTW.... My avatar is you as you posed on New Year's eve 2000.  You dressed as the Millennium Master.  It was all great fun.

Usagi

Thank you for stopping in here, Art.  Unexpected, but obviously cool.

Is it bad that I still don't actually believe it, though?  But, alas, I never believe anything.  That's either ironic or beneficial for a (former) Coast fan.

You know... a little podcast never hurt anyone...

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Art Bell on February 03, 2012, 10:32:03 PM

I really am enjoying being Retired, I can be part of my Daughter's life as she grows
and it is a blast.

Priceless benefits of retirement.  Asia stories and photos encouraged.

QuoteI do miss all of you though. I am not saying I will not pick up a mike

Art

The day may come when your daughter discovers that friends and activities outside her little family world beckon and dear ol' dad has more time on his hands.  If that day comes, you'll surely know from reading here that an eager and grateful audience awaits your return to the mike should you ever choose that path. 

In the meantime, any sporadic posts you choose to make will definitely be welcomed! 

Tara

and it is a blast. I do miss all of you though. I am not saying I will not pick up a mike

Art

Art:  If it's really you, all I can is:   You're one classy dude!  And a true original. 

Marc.Knight

At least we can hear Art announce the time and the temperature in Pahrumph...

http://www.knye.com/pahrumpradioinc_007.htm

Great to see Mr Bell on here posting with class... Just knowing he typed it out is cool. I actually read it sort of in his voice and caused a curious look from my wife.. I explained. She understood. 

Yes indeed. Missing Art hosted shows makes you do strange things

This thread has come full circle. A long strange trip it has been.

b_dubb

Art owns the night. Noory/PremRad are just making payments. And they're falling behind

Quote from: guildnavigator on February 04, 2012, 08:51:57 PM

Yep.  Bringing a few of the old gang back from lurking, as well.  Wonder if Aquagoat will pop by.

Quote from: Usagi on February 04, 2012, 02:10:38 AM
Thank you for stopping in here, Art.  Unexpected, but obviously cool.

Is it bad that I still don't actually believe it, though?  But, alas, I never believe anything.  That's either ironic or beneficial for a (former) Coast fan.

You know... a little podcast never hurt anyone...

Best part of Art posting here is seeing you back, Usagi.  The Daddio has missed you.  We still gotta get out for a Pho.

bmd88

Art

It's great to hear from you on Coastgab, Art.  You speak for many of us by acknowledging that Coast is not what it was.  Being a painter, I cannot imagine having passed on a life's work, my pride and joy, to see it slathered in tar.  That said, I, like others, listen to your Coast episodes daily, remembering an old story here and there, often re-living the excitement of those times, or re-discovering episodes like new that we've forgotten or simply never heard. 

I do look forward to hearing you host again somewhere on the airwaves, Mr. Bell, if even one more time.  Don't feel pressured, but, all of us, if we express it or not, would be thrilled by the prospect!

It gives me great joy to hear of your family's wellbeing. It's a rare treasure to be able to raise your daughter without the rigor of a full-blown career and to have the ability to be there for the countless little moments (that are really big ones) that come along.  All the best!

- Longtime Listener

jazmunda

Hi Art,

As a long time loyal listener I am thrilled that you are enjoying life and your beautiful family. As a father of two young girls myself I cannot begrudge you this special time.

I understand and respect that you do not want to destroy what you once built but that great castle in the kingdom of Nye was destroyed by others and if ever you wish to rebuild from the ashes of the once great civilization you will have an instant following of loyal subjects willing to help you rebuild.

In any event please pop by once in a while and let us know how things are going and to give us your unique take on things.

We miss you.

Usagi

Quote from: guildnavigator on February 04, 2012, 08:51:57 PM

How, then, can the 392 page "George Noory Sucks! -- The Definitive Compendium" thread come full circle, I wonder?  Hmm.  I can only dream.

[Unrelated: Mmm.  Pho.  And grilled pork.  With extra grilled pork.]

Scully

Welcome, Art.

I cannot tell you how validated I feel to see you write that you think it's a shame that Coast has changed,  and that you don't want to destroy "what's left" of what you built.

I have listened so many nights to the sound of George Noory proclaiming himself a wonderful humanitarian, and that all he's doing is searching for "the truth," and how he is completely neutral about what others should do, although "the truth" is thus and so politically and this and that medically; and to see you write that this is not the direction you would have chosen for your "Baby" is a balm to my soul.

Listeners call in and heap praises on Noory, guests give him credit for all that Coast has meant to them over the years, and even other hosts sing his praises.  If it weren't for this Forum, I would still be thinking I've lost my mind because I clearly see that the Emperor wears no clothes at all.

So thanks a million, Art, for adding the true credentials of the one who really did make Coast what it WAS to our cries in the night.

Just Another AB Fan,

Scully

valdez

Art posted here?  Ye gods of madness, welcome aboard, and post often.  Kudos to MV.

Actually, I think that this thread is beyond full-circle. The circles have become three dimensional and have stacked upon themselves forming some sort of a snowman like beast. beyond full-circle, indeed. perhaps even beyond the thunderdome.

Quote from: guildnavigator on February 05, 2012, 08:45:15 AM
Actually, I think that this thread is beyond full-circle. The circles have become three dimensional and have stacked upon themselves forming some sort of a snowman like beast. beyond full-circle, indeed. perhaps even beyond the thunderdome.

Actually, they've become hyper-dimensional. If only Richard Hoagland would post as well. Now that would be a snowman.

Fly By Night

Wow! that's all I can say is wow! I show up to read some anti-Noory stuff, and I see the great one finally spoke! Art, thanks for the update- and thanks for reinforcing what I knew, which is you could never rule out a return to radio in some form. I know you wrote the Art of Talk awhile ago, but your personality still seems much the same now as when you wrote it. That means get behind the mike! If not in 2012 (the world coming to an end  ::), an election a month before that, weird weather going on, a pending war with Iran) then when? Besides that, think of all the ghost voices those ghost hunter people must have for you. Come on back buddy!!

PS. How are the cats?
PPS.Mike, great work

Area51

Art
Hi Art! We all love you and wish you and your family the best. Of course many of us want you back broadcasting in some form as well. Maybe someone can think out of the box somehow and come up with a way to bring you back where you don't directly compete with your old show, hurting what is left of what you have built. I can understand your feelings about that. Still, I have a feeling broadcasting is in your blood and would love it if something could be done to bring you back even once in a while in some form. As far as I'm concerned, the world is a much more interesting place with you behind the mike  ;D Take care old friend.