Suggestions for the Halloween show:

-Dave to Grave
-Grave to Grave
-Buried in the Desert
-Midnight Macabre
-Midnight Mausoleum

zing! ;D

Art Bell

Last night's Guest was tough, he was all over the place and contradicting himself. Doing a Talk Show is not easy when in those situations because you don't want to be mean to somebody but on the other hand you have to call them on it if they can't keep even their own statements straight, it is a tough situation indeed. That was a classic example. Like anything you do in life there are good and bad days. The thing to strive for is more good then bad.

Art

K_Dubb

Quote from: trostol on October 27, 2015, 12:14:00 PM
I thought this week was supposed to be building up the scare factor...so tonight we get a new ager ...

I read it as more of a witch.  At least I hope that's where it goes.

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on October 27, 2015, 03:07:24 PM
Last night's Guest was tough, he was all over the place and contradicting himself. Doing a Talk Show is not easy when in those situations because you don't want to be mean to somebody but on the other hand you have to call them on it if they can't keep even their own statements straight, it is a tough situation indeed. That was a classic example. Like anything you do in life there are good and bad days. The thing to strive for is more good then bad.

Art

Absolutely, Art! Can't wait until Friday!

Lt.Uhura

Art

Art, no worries...you've already had "more good than bad".  Your professionalism comes through regardless of some of these guest mishaps.  I'm confident you will find plenty more guests and topics worthy of your talents.  Overall I'm loving the show, thank you!

coaster

Art
Whats your thoughts on his dust ghost photo? I mean, it's obviously dust right?

trostol

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 27, 2015, 03:09:05 PM
I read it as more of a witch.  At least I hope that's where it goes.

i think one of us will be disappointed lol but looking at her webpage..looks more new age to me..we shall see later

serenity

Quote from: MaxGravy on October 27, 2015, 09:07:12 AM
Suggestions for the Halloween show:

-Dave to Grave
-Grave to Grave
-Buried in the Desert
-Midnight Macabre
-Midnight Mausoleum

Ghosts in the Aether

Just an idea............

b_dubb

Art + Worst Guest On Earth > Noory on his finest day + World's Best Guest

This is known

jazmunda

Quote from: coaster on October 27, 2015, 03:29:45 PM
Whats your thoughts on his dust ghost photo? I mean, it's obviously dust right?

Yeah orbs are nothing but dust. Occasionally insects but mostly dust.

Roswells, Art

Art

I'm re-listening to it now. Ghosts, the afterlife and near death experiences are my favorite Art Bell topics I think so I liked the show. He really started to lose me at the point he said you become a ghost if you can't accept the unconditional love of God and pretty much everything he said after that was kind of loopy. It's always interesting just hearing you interview people though, regardless of who they are.

gabrielle

Art

Art, the best part of the show was hearing you finesse your way through it.  Very amusing and enjoyable.

Meister_000

Quote from: serenity on October 27, 2015, 04:24:26 PM
Ghosts in the Aether

Just an idea............

How about "Ashes to Ashes"  --reminiscent of and some contiuity with, "Ghost to Ghost") yet even more ancient/classic and evocative. "The Bells toll", or "Bell tolls" pairs nicely with it too.

trostol

Quote from: Meister_000 on October 27, 2015, 05:48:10 PM
How about "Ashes to Ashes"  --reminiscent of and some contiuity with, "Ghost to Ghost") yet even more ancient/classic and evocative. "The Bells toll", or "Bell tolls" pairs nicely with it too.

Ashes to Ashes only if he plays the Bowie song lol

gabrielle

Quote from: trostol on October 27, 2015, 05:50:56 PM

Agreed! 

jazmunda

Art Bell talks to a caller who was kicked out of the Astral Plane on Midnight In The Desert

http://youtu.be/cGv0eIDuA2c

Meister_000

Quote from: trostol on October 27, 2015, 05:50:56 PM

Or/and a more oblique approach via Bowie's "Changes".
There was one durgy"Cure" song with the phrase "Funeral Pyre" in it I think which would make the night's bumper list.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 26, 2015, 09:56:56 PM
I don't envy Heather. We're a pretty tough crowd to please.

I'm curious how guests are selected.  If I had to guess it would be that Redacted puts together suggestions for Art to choose from, with Art adding a few of his own, then she works with Art and the guest to set things up? 

gabrielle

Quote from: Meister_000 on October 27, 2015, 06:10:56 PM
Or/and a more oblique approach via Bowie's "Changes".
There was one durgy"Cure" song with the phrase "Funeral Pyre" in it I think which would make the night's bumper list.

The only funeral pyre song I know is the one by the Jam.  How about calling the show Dead Air...and still playing Bowie....?  Dead air and ashes seem to go together well imho.  Actually, any combination of the above would work well.   :)

Art Bell

Redacted does a great job, it's just that somebody can be lucid at 2pm and for whatever reason not as much at Midnight, all live Radio is a coin toss.

Art

Ciardelo

Quote from: Art Bell on October 27, 2015, 06:30:31 PM
Redacted does a great job, it's just that somebody can be lucid at 2pm and for whatever reason not as much at Midnight, all live Radio is a coin toss.

Art
It was great listening to you navigate!

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on October 27, 2015, 06:30:31 PM

Art

Who is this redacted person that you speak of? I vaguely remember someone matching that description posting here once. We miss you redacted. :P

Meister_000

Quote from: gabrielle on October 27, 2015, 06:16:14 PM

The only funeral pyre song I know is the one by the Jam.  How about calling the show Dead Air...and still playing Bowie....?  Dead air and ashes seem to go together well imho.  Actually, any combination of the above would work well.   :)

I'm not in charge, any combo of good ideas is fine with me. I'm not fond of Dead Air myself but it was just the leading contender up to that point in time. The more I think of it "Ashes to Ashes" is growing on me at least. Someone has to float it to Art and get his reaction.
With this new one we can even "Visualize" the other show "burning down" whenever we hear the phrase. Father (Bell) bringeth, and (also) taketh away!  ;)

Here's that song , The Cure: "Funeral Party"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SdvgXBsmcXw

and it really is perfect bumper music no matter what Art finally calls the show.

Roswells, Art

Art, since you're here I'll ask is it too late to email you ghost stories?

trostol

Art should get this for Fri/Sat lol

https://youtu.be/_UbGtjnluyY

aldousburbank

Quote from: gabrielle on October 27, 2015, 06:16:14 PM

Light My Fire

Meister_000

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 27, 2015, 07:00:14 PM
Light My Fire

Burning Down the House -- Talking Heads
Play with Fire -- Stones

gabrielle

Quote from: Meister_000 on October 27, 2015, 07:03:55 PM
Burning Down the House -- Talking Heads

I had just listened to that song this afternoon. :)

Meister_000

Quote from: gabrielle on October 27, 2015, 07:08:42 PM
I had just listened to that song this afternoon. :)

Ya, they're great.  Even "Take me to the River" was a spititual cleansing under-message to it.