• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Morgus on December 03, 2011, 03:15:14 AM
A caller just asked Noory during open lines about Art ever hosting again.
But Noory told the caller Art Bell retired fully a year ago and won't return, it was all his decision he noted...
That's Noory dodging the question. He said Art retired a year ago..Retired from Preimere. That does not mean he is done with radio. Not at all, and it's a cheap slide of hand by Noory if you want my opinion. Just wait until this announcement comes out, and if by chance, it's about Art up to something..we'll now one thing. Noory is a gut-less pre-madonna and was too full of himself and too chickenshit to give an answer excpept in some kind of lawyerspeak.

Now if Ian's announcement doesn't have anything to do with Art, I'm 100% cool with that. I am only stressing an overlooked technicality that is either ignored or unseen. We can all pretty much agree that Art & C2C are no longer chums. Personally, I hope Art NEVER goes back to Coast. I honestly feel that he could not handle the idiocy of the combined intellects of the callers nowadays and would become a very frustrated man.

I'd also like to state that if Art never comes back to the air/satellite/etc, I'm 100% secure with that and won't suffer some sort of cerebellum implosion initiating a spasmatic floor breakdance. Just pointing out possibilites and conjecture.

No need to associate my opinions into/with a lovesick and broken-hearted Art Bell worshipper, Noory trolls...We know you reside amongst us....You are behind enemy lines...watch where you step  8)

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on December 03, 2011, 03:15:14 AM
A caller just asked Noory during open lines about Art ever hosting again.
But Noory told the caller Art Bell retired fully a year ago and won't return, it was all his decision he noted...
Disclaimer: I WANT to believe that he will return... I will continue to hope until I read the obituary (and even after that, considering the topics, I may continue to hope for his return to the mike.)

Anyhow, using Noory as your source of information concerning Art is just a little less dependable than using a source in Portland to predict Arts future plans.  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 29, 2011, 10:12:25 PM
You forgot Rosie O'Donnell. She sucks!

lol, they signed her?  i've never seen a dumber company than sirius/xm.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 03, 2011, 12:28:09 PM

lol, they signed her?  i've never seen a dumber company than sirius/xm.

Someone has to feed Rosie:

Dear Valued Subscriber,

I would like to thank you for being a subscriber and for your continued support. As the Chief Executive Officer of SiriusXM, I spend much of my time focused on satellites, programming and employees, which are all very important, but nothing is more important to me than our subscribers. I understand that the primary reason you subscribe to SiriusXM is the unparalleled choice we offer, and since launching over a decade ago, we have continuously expanded the variety and quality of the programming we provide.

And the best is yet to come. We are building an exciting future that includes even more channels, greater diversity, exclusive subscriber benefits and more flexibility in the ways you can listen to SiriusXM.

I hope you understand that to continue bringing this unbeatable listening experience to our subscribers, there will be a modest rate increase of $1.00 to $1.54 per month â€" about 5 cents a day or less â€" on most SiriusXM audio packages. This increase will take effect on your next renewal date that occurs on or after January 1, 2012.

Because we know this increase comes during challenging economic times, we have provided some options below that you may want to consider:

â€"    Keep what you have now, and your SiriusXM package will continue to offer you incredible value, with channels and channels of commercial-free music, plus sports, news, talk, entertainment and more â€" all in one place.

â€"    If you're paying invoice fees, save $2.00 per billing cycle simply by changing to credit or debit card billing. It's far more convenient and a great way to save.

â€"    If you currently have any monthly, quarterly or semi-annual plans on your account, take advantage of our Annual Plan discounts, which are available on most SiriusXM packages and offer you a better value because they include a month free (you pay for 11, you get 12). Installment billing is available for most Annual Plans.

â€"    Consider upgrading to our All Access package, which gives you all the channels available for your radio, plus access to SiriusXM programming on your computer, smartphone or other mobile device, for a great bundled price. It is our best value.

As we continue to add exciting new content and find more ways for you to enjoy our programming, we will work hard to control costs and create efficiencies to ensure SiriusXM continues to be the best value for your entertainment dollar.

On behalf of everyone at SiriusXM, thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Mel Karmazin

Some Sirius radios may not be compatible with the All Access package. Lifetime plans are not affected by this price increase. Please see below for more information about the price change effective January 1, 2012.

MV/Liberace!

satellite radio was about ten years too late getting started.  by the time satellite radio became ubiquitous (or at least, as ubiquitous as it's going to get), mobile devices had already crept into the market, sucking away listeners/subscribers who would have considered using satellite radio but for the vastly superior (and cheaper) offerings on their mobile devices. 

in ten years, i doubt there will be an operating satellite radio company in the usa.

One year ago this month this thread began.. This month in 2011, Art Bell friended JC on facebook.. Life indeed changed quickly. Happy birthday , Art Bell quits Coast thread!

sharkbait

Wow! One year already? My how time flies when your ears are bleeding.

One year ago. That was about the time I stumbled upon this site.

FYI confirming what we already figured, Art Bell just stated on his Facebook that he was not in any negotiations for the Ian Punnett Saturday slot.. But now it's on record.

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 05, 2011, 03:39:32 PM
FYI confirming what we already figured, Art Bell just stated on his Facebook that he was not in any negotiations for the Ian Punnett Saturday slot.. But now it's on record.
of course  he wasn't. art is retired for good...

jazmunda

The actual quote from Art was:

Quote from: Art Bell on Facebook
I have not been in negotiations with Clear Channel for anything.

11angeleyes11

My governmental sources have revealed to me the truth about Art.  He is in negotioations with Social Security, Military Pension (sources are not confirmed), and 401K.  All other negotiations are on the table. . stay tuned. 

Digitech

A while back someone posted links to the last 5 Art Bell shows. I am listening to the very last one. I haven't listened to Art, or George or C2C at all in months. However, the difference between Art and George is so striking from listening to this. I know it wasn't the best show of his career, but man...

Vatar

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on December 05, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
My governmental sources have revealed to me the truth about Art.  He is in negotioations with Social Security, Military Pension (sources are not confirmed), and 401K.  All other negotiations are on the table. . stay tuned.

You forgot that Art was in negotiations with his belly so that he can see his toes on Mondays Wednesdays and alternating Fridays.

analog kid

Quote from: Vatar on December 06, 2011, 01:54:30 AM
You forgot that Art was in negotiations with his belly so that he can see his toes on Mondays Wednesdays and alternating Fridays.

When is the last time any of us saw our own penises, really.

This is great news. Art will have nothing to do with Preimere as conjectured before.
However, this does not rule out Art never broadcasting again. It's just not going to happen on C2C. And that is a good thing  :D

Quote from: Digitech on December 05, 2011, 10:58:19 PM
A while back someone posted links to the last 5 Art Bell shows. I am listening to the very last one. I haven't listened to Art, or George or C2C at all in months. However, the difference between Art and George is so striking from listening to this.
Kind of like the difference between having sex with Scarlett Johannson versus Rosie O'Donnell.....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on December 06, 2011, 11:47:08 PM
Kind of like the difference between having sex with Scarlett Johannson versus Rosie O'Donnell.....

hey, come on.  scarlett isn't so bad.

Morgus

Quote from: guildnavigator on December 11, 2011, 08:27:43 PM
A WHOLE FUCKING YEAR?!
surely this must be for good then, a truly final retirement?

Morgus

jazmunda

Quote from: Morgus on December 12, 2011, 12:28:38 AM
art bell retired for good over a year ago...

I think what you are referring to was his last broadcast. There has never been an official statement from Art on this. Even though it is probably true.

slipstream

Quote from: jazmunda on December 12, 2011, 12:30:31 AM
I think what you are referring to was his last broadcast. There has never been an official statement from Art on this. Even though it is probably true.

No Art did not post an official statement, but he did post (if I remember correctly) a webcam shot of him indicating as much.  Someone, I am sure, remembers more clearly.

noppers

Art murdered his wife, good riddance to bad rubbish.

slipstream

Quote from: noppers on December 12, 2011, 05:31:38 AM

Oh, here we go.  I heard a lot of this when Ramona passed away.

My opinion of Art has diminished over the years. I figured him for a true Alpha male, a pioneer, bold and possessing an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.

In reality, he`s just a middle-aged cat lady. #disappointment

The General

Quote from: noppers on December 12, 2011, 05:31:38 AM
Do you have any kind of even a shred of evidence at all or do you just go around accusing people of murder carelessly?  How do you think he fooled the police then?  What a stupid allegation.

The General

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 12, 2011, 09:16:15 AM
My opinion of Art has diminished over the years. I figured him for a true Alpha male, a pioneer, bold and possessing an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.

In reality, he`s just a middle-aged cat lady. #disappointment
At least he doesn't use pointless hashtags.