• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Spinner

Listening to "Somewhere in Time" show from Sep. 8, 1997. Guests Frances Barwood and Stephen Bassett discussing "The Phoenix Lights."

BTW, if anyone listens to the show and wonders how the recall election turned out, Frances Barwood won by a 2 to 1 margin.

LouSheehan

Art made a comment about 'the French' during his show with Dr. Greer about 'the French' implying they were cowards ('don't stand-up').

From whence this myth that the French 'don't stand up'?  We wouldn't be an Independent country without the French.  My imperfect memory has it that -- including the vital role played by the French fleet during the Yorktowne Campaign -- 40% of the soldiers and sailors involved in that campaign were French.

The French conquered England in 1066.They formed they 'English' nobility for centuries.

The French did rather well under Napoleon.

The French played a major role -- I believe the major role -- in defeating the Germans on the Western Front in WW! (the French occupied the Supreme Commander's spot between teh British, the colonies and the French).

http://www.historyisfun.org/learn/learning-center/colonial-america-american-revolution-learning-resources/american-revolution-essays-timelines-images/the-french-alliance/

http://www.cracked.com/article_20306_5-myths-about-revolutionary-war-everyone-believes.html

norland2424

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 10:36:06 PM
Art made a comment about 'the French' during his show with Dr. Greer about 'the French' implying they were cowards ('don't stand-up').

From whence this myth that the French 'don't stand up'?  We wouldn't be an Independent country without the French.  My imperfect memory has it that -- including the vital role played by the French fleet during the Yorktowne Campaign -- 40% of the soldiers and sailors involved in that campaign were French.

The French conquered England in 1066.They formed they 'English' nobility for centuries.

The French played a major role -- I believe the major role -- in defeating the Germans on the Western Front in WW! (the French occupied the Supreme Commander's spot between teh British, the colonies and the French).

http://www.historyisfun.org/learn/learning-center/colonial-america-american-revolution-learning-resources/american-revolution-essays-timelines-images/the-french-alliance/

http://www.cracked.com/article_20306_5-myths-about-revolutionary-war-everyone-believes.html

Their surrender in world war two is what caused that saying about the french .

LouSheehan

I know.   But it is simplistic.  Think of the fall of Singapore an an example of a stain on British military history.  Churchill did.

ziznak

fucking french people.... jeeez

LouSheehan

I am so offended.  I plan to exchange an unending string of rude posts with you. 

chefist

Quote from: phrodo on October 17, 2015, 10:17:28 PM
Are you implying that Leo worked at that numbers station? I knew he claimed that he had previous 'radio experience' but I was thinking it was at a Radio Shack or something more 'mainstream'.

Imagine how many spies would die if Leo read the numbers!

inuk2600

Quote from: ziznak on October 17, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
Am i looking in the right direction for the megastructures??  I know i cant see shit from here but i kinda wanna know where the star people come from...

Sorry I somehow missed your image attachment. Yes I think that's the right area to look in.

albrecht

Though we all appreciate the French contribution to our Independence fight, the 1066 stuff were 'nominal' French and really more related to those bad Viking types who settled there, pledged allegiance, and then continued their older desires for the British Isles against their Norsk relations.

DanTSX

The French are also actively exterminating islamic extremist terrorists  in areas familiar to the French worldwide.

Art was just making a joke.  He knows that the "french surrender" thing is a joke, and just that.  He is a well traveled man, and knows his history and current events better than most of us.

Same thing as the "Poles are dumb" jokes, which is especially ridiculous considering their contributions to engineering.

LouSheehan

Quote from: albrecht on October 17, 2015, 11:19:39 PM
Though we all appreciate the French contribution to our Independence fight, the 1066 stuff were 'nominal' French and really more related to those bad Viking types who settled there, pledged allegiance, and then continued their older desires for the British Isles against their Norsk relations.
Yeah, well, nominal French is still French.  And they spoke French. But glad to see someone else has read that history.  But, yes, a strong former-Viking strain there.

LouSheehan

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 11:31:43 PM
  Yeah, well, nominal French is still French.  And they spoke French. But glad to see someone else has read that history.  But, yes, a strong former-Viking strain there.

I'm l;ess certain than you that Art was joking.  But I agree whole-heartedly about the Poles.  They started the unravelling of Enigma.  The produced Pope-Paul II (for good and ... controversy).  Lots of scientists, classical musicians.  I always assumed the 'dumb' was simply due to the spelloing of the names and the sound of the language/language barrier.  BTW, they never once charged the German tanks with cavalry.  And more Poles died fighting the Germans in 1939 than did the sum total of the allies on the Western Front (WW2) before D-Day and its progeny.

LouSheehan

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 11:35:52 PM
I'm l;ess certain than you that Art was joking.  But I agree whole-heartedly about the Poles.  They started the unravelling of Enigma.  The produced Pope-Paul II (for good and ... controversy).  Lots of scientists, classical musicians.  I always assumed the 'dumb' was simply due to the spelloing of the names and the sound of the language/language barrier.  BTW, they never once charged the German tanks with cavalry.  And more Poles died fighting the Germans in 1939 than did the sum total of the allies on the Western Front (WW2) before D-Day and its progeny.

Oh.  And they killed more Germans in 389 than did ... as well.  Sorry for the typos: ever older eyes.

And, by the way, the French under Napoleon actually 'took' Moscow unlike the Germans in '41.

one of these weeks Art should open up a "Tell me I'm wrong" line so those with gripes can have them addressed, as well as entertaining to those of us at home.

LouSheehan

Both in North America:

Population of Mexico: 122.3 million (2013)

Population of Canada: 35.16 million (2013)

LouSheehan

Quote from: ASC on October 18, 2015, 12:24:28 AM
one of these weeks Art should open up a "Tell me I'm wrong" line so those with gripes can have them addressed, as well as entertaining to those of us at home.

Good idea!

AppealPlay

I often think we're not even vaguely lovable.

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 18, 2015, 12:42:01 AM
I often think we're not even vaguely lovable.
Well. You and I are

Art Bell

Quote from: Morgus on October 17, 2015, 08:27:03 PM
Noory did it again last night - he commented on Art's "breaking news" story about a possible ET megastructure around a distant star.
Noory said some internet broadcast hosts were saying it was made by ETs, but he reported that it was not and that listeners can always come to his c2c show for "the truth"  :o

If true, Dave is just a uninformed jerk. I never said it WAS Aliens I simply reported that there was breaking news on possible Megastructures which has also been on ALL the Mainstream Media by now
Including the Washington Post ABC and CNN. I think he was just pissed that he got scooped. Or perhaps his Angel visions are offended. I doubt any of us will know more till our hardware is repaired and we can take a further look.

Art

coaster

Noory is a schmuck.

zeebo

He was just confused after missing his turmeric smoothie that nite.  He thought you said 'feather dusters', not megastructures.  Anyway it's a great story and was exciting to hear you break it live Art.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Art Bell on October 18, 2015, 02:31:54 AM
If true, Dave is just a uninformed jerk. I never said it WAS Aliens I simply reported that there was breaking news on possible Megastructures which has also been on ALL the Mainstream Media by now
Including the Washington Post ABC and CNN. I think he was just pissed that he got scooped. Or perhaps his Angel visions are offended. I doubt any of us will know more till our hardware is repaired and we can take a further look.

Art

I would remove the qualifier.  Dave is just a jerk regardless.

Who cares? How awesome is it that Dave's head is being so fucked with? They're obviously listening to every minute of your show over there yet none of us could care less about their show. They're just trying to troll because they're scared. You've stolen nearly 20% of Coast's streaming listeners with your little internet radio show going by the recent ratings. Imagine what Dave says when you start bitch slapping him in every market you pop up on terrestrial radio. Once the terrestrial numbers come out soon, then more terrestrial markets will want the show. The longer Art stays on the air, the more terrestrial markets will want the show. This thing is snowballing and the worst possible thing any of us could do would be to even pay attention to that gang of idiots at PremRad or whatever soulless corporate whores are signing Dave's checks now. All Art has to do is keep doing MITD.

The most interesting thing to me about all this is The Bell Cure. We've talked at length about the sociological aspects of The Noory Virus where within a year of his taking over as permanent host, every C2C community had died like an ancient civilization that had been hit with a pandemic. The only one that survived was this band of guerrillas on a site dedicated to how much he sucks. For almost a decade there were no pro-Noory or C2C communities despite Dave trying repeatedly to spark one. They would always die a miserable and quick death. Yet with MITD, every week now someone is calling in about a new online community or an IRC chat none of us were aware of. There's got to be at least five or six dozen Art Bell online communities now. This reality eats Dave up so hard on the inside it's just precious. How many times has he wandered onto BellGab drunk and made a complete asshole out of himself much to all of our amusement and bemusement? This grass roots support is also the most powerful thing you can have in 2015.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 18, 2015, 03:34:44 AM
The only one that survived was this band of guerrillas on a site dedicated to how much he sucks. For almost a decade there were no pro-Noory or C2C communities despite Dave trying repeatedly to spark one.

Guerilla unreal!

This is dedicated to the bold guerilla posters of the bell-hadeen! Of Art-histan.

inuk2600

Mayor Quimby, you have our vote sir.

Gumby, Dammit

Art
Dave thrives (insists) on being uninformed. His is the mind of a sociopathic child, which is why he should never be engaged on any level (shoe-polish hole theory), and the reporting presented by you was so disruptively unhinging to him.

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 18, 2015, 03:43:00 AM
Mayor Quimby, you have our vote sir.

Vote Quimby, he'd vote for you.

morgana213

Art
Dave is jealous, but he is also lazy.  To me, his lack of interest and curiosity is very apparent in his shows. He probably wouldn't have known about your report had his handlers not told him about it. Then, of course, he had to say something about it to save face. 

None of us "know" what this anomaly is and you didn't purport to know either.  It is an exciting discovery, whatever it may be. 

Dave, if you are reading this, please, PLEASE remember to take your tumeric. You know you get fuzzy without it!

Vote Quimby for Mayor and Praise MV.   :D ;D

Meister_000

A little OT perhaps, but did anyone else hear Tommy's open-mike extended Belch last night (i.e. Friday)? -- and Horhay scolding him afterwards (it was pretty gross actually). I think it was around the 2:45 mark (heard it on the rebroadcast).

Quote from: Meister_000 on October 18, 2015, 05:28:43 AM
A little OT perhaps, but did anyone else hear Tommy's open-mike extended Belch last night (i.e. Friday)? -- and Horhay scolding him afterwards (it was pretty gross actually). I think it was around the 2:45 mark (heard it on the rebroadcast).
Maybe he was just expressing his opinion of Noory in passive aggressive fashion with that belch.

Quote from: morgana213 on October 18, 2015, 04:11:54 AM
He probably wouldn't have known about your report had his handlers not told him about it. Then, of course, he had to say something about it to save face. 
You nailed it!  He's clearly in panic mode, or at least should be if the C2C Facebook page is any indication.  A few months ago the show threads there were getting 300+ posts every night, Friday's only got 30, remember that show is on 600+ stations.  The show thread on Art's page got 250+ posts on Friday and is on 20 times fewer stations.  They're abandoning Noory in droves and it's all happening right under his nose on his own FB page.