• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Art Bell

My goodness what a lot of out of place garbage. I never said Keith was king of the tech World but he has been there through the Years. Yes he is short with people at times but he had nothing to do with Leo's meltdown. Why people say things like this when they really are sitting on the sidelines and have no idea what is really going on?

Yes there have been problems in the past but we are trying our best to supply a quality product being just a small start up operation not a company with Billions of Dollars and endless people to do the work, maybe it's just not worth it.

Art

morgana213

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 01:06:15 AM
My goodness what a lot of out of place garbage. I never said Keith was king of the tech World but he has been there through the Years. Yes he is short with people at times but he had nothing to do with Leo's meltdown. Why people say things like this when they really are sitting on the sidelines and have no idea what is really going on?

Yes there have been problems in the past but we are trying our best to supply a quality product being just a small start up operation not a company with Billions of Dollars and endless people to do the work, maybe it's just not worth it.

Art
And you and your team are doing quite well Sir.  There are always going to be issues. It's the way we handle the issues that is important.  I appreciate the hard work behind the scenes and your show just keeps getting better.  Thanks Art! 

lonevoice

Quote from: area51drone on October 04, 2015, 12:40:10 AM
This was all discussed in the piracy thread a long time ago.  This was the perfect night to bring it back up, IMO.
I think falkie misses you.  Are you missing him too?  Don't you have a war that you've promised to conduct elsewhere?  There's a thread calling your name...elsewhere.

paladin1991

Art

*shakes head*  Okay, I'm done with this.  This Time Traveler is going to sleep.  And tomorrow I'm going to listen to some archives.  Make myself feel better with a plate of flapjacks and ART on the speaker.  And sit on the sidelines and read the pinball that some of these threads have become.
Night all.

SciFiAuthor

Art

Quality products abound on DMDN. You, Richard, Bateman and many others. People should give Keith a break.

lonevoice

Why people say things like this when they really are sitting on the sidelines and have no idea what is really going on?

Art
I can think of a few reasons why, Art.  But none of them are worth your time, or worth you get upsetting about.  Enjoy the weekend with your family and don't stress over what internet people say. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: lonevoice on October 04, 2015, 01:22:33 AM
I can think of a few reasons why, Art.  But none of them are worth your time, or worth you get upsetting about.  Enjoy the weekend with your family and don't stress over what internet people say.

Isn't that the truth. Jeez.

lonevoice

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 04, 2015, 01:27:39 AM
Isn't that the truth. Jeez.

By the Holy Halo of Hoagland's Hair it does grow tiresome.

WhiteCrow

Art

Love Art .... You get a good night's rest, everything will be better in the morning.
We need you! We prefer you above all others! You make all this happen for us!

Most people just don't understand what it takes to run a business. A start up business at that.
You got'a play the hand you got and be loyal to the people that have been loyal to you.
Takes a tremendous amount of time to get things done and always a zillion thanks to improve upon but there is only so much time and capital to work with. What important is the show, it must go on.

Art knows this, he has to balance so many things to make the show happen. Hire a new web master, sure when when he has the time and resources and can take care of loyal Keith.

So until then, let's all try using some basic Falkie wisdom and STFU!

norland2424

Quote from: lonevoice on October 04, 2015, 01:31:20 AM
By the Holy Halo of Hoagland's Hair it does grow tiresome.

it is funny how they did shut up after Art posted tho

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on October 04, 2015, 01:38:43 AM
it is funny how they did shut up after Art posted tho

Lone invoked the holy halo of Hoagland's hair. Of course it worked.

area51drone

Quote from: Mild Bill on October 04, 2015, 01:00:58 AM

Art deserves far, far better. As you put it...a top tier support team.

This Leo Ashcraft tempest in a teacup seems to have put the spotlight on the behind-the-technical-times man in charge of Art's support team.

I think it is also worth mentioning that we're paying for this service now.  It's not like it's some free, ad supported site.  I have no idea how many people are signed up for the show, but if Leo was making "a lot of money" then the show/Art should be able to afford to pay someone to do his website and network right.

area51drone

Art

Hate on me all you want Art.  I'm a fan and have been a fan probably as long as Keith has been.    Leo's actions have shown how unprofessional he is, but he's not the first, including you, to have problems with Keith.    Honestly, if I were you, I would hope to be ignoring all this chatter at Bellgab.  It's like going to the store and reading about yourself in the National Enquirer or something.    You're right, who are we to say anything?   Yet at the same time, we have every right to say something.    Don't blame me for just saying what is on some people's minds though.   Only a true fan would tell you how it really is, not just kiss your ass.   

Dateline

I like the website and Keith kept the fire burning while Art was on his hiatus.  They are doing a wonderful job. 

Leo went on a news rage.  He said  he worked twenty hour days.  He needs his personality sleep. 

lonevoice

Quote from: area51drone on October 04, 2015, 01:47:05 AM
-----
If you had been listening to the gabcast tonight, you'd know what you're saying is full of shit.  You could give it a rest and wait until the podcast is uploaded so you can post based on actual information, but somehow I doubt you will let that keep you from talking out of your ass.  It would be so refreshing to be proven wrong about that.

Art's had a very rough several days. If you had listened to MITD on Friday, you'd know that too.  What purpose could possibly be served by continuing to badger him on this thread today?  No good purpose, I daresay.

littlechris

Quote from: lonevoice on October 04, 2015, 01:14:23 AM
I think falkie misses you.  Are you missing him too?  Don't you have a war that you've promised to conduct elsewhere?  There's a thread calling your name...elsewhere.

Cassandra, weren't you sucking Leo's dick just the other day?? How quickly you change. You are such a two face Sheeple!!

Quote from: lonevoice on September 25, 2015, 07:38:29 PM
So cool.  I'm sure I've heard that voice (Ed Herlihy) on hundreds of news clips, though I've never known his name.  Such great memories.

As for Leo Ashcraft, not that anyone has to care about this, but some might.  Leo is an old school broadcast professional, like Art, though Leo's background is more from the hardware/technical side of the radio business.

He's the CEO of his own start-up venture, Mutual Radio, that currently provides news feeds to 75 affiliates.  Art and he connected when Art was putting together his own plans to start up MITD.  One of Art's ideas was a paranomal news feed, rather than conventional political/current events news at the top of the hour.  Thus Dark Matter News was born.  I think, but don't know, that Art and Leo have some sort of barter arrangement between them that has allowed Art to add some things to his program he might not otherwise have afforded. 

Leo is also the CEO of an even newer start-up venture, Nexus Broadcast Networks, which is providing the XDL satellite feed for Art's October push to terrestrial radio affiliates.  Again, I think, but don't know, that the two men have an arrangement that's allowing Art to take this gamble with XDL.  I gather it ain't cheap to do. 

Whatever I may think of Leo's abilities as a news announcer (and personally I'm enjoying Dark Matter News a lot for its quirkiness), he's "all in" with this gamble of Art's to take MITD to the next level.   I give the guy big kudos for joining Art on this ride.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: lonevoice on October 04, 2015, 01:55:11 AM
If you had been listening to the gabcast tonight, you'd know what you're saying is full of shit.  You could give it a rest and wait until the podcast is uploaded so you can post based on actual information, but somehow I doubt you will let that keep you from talking out of your ass.  It would be so refreshing to be proven wrong about that.

Art's had a very rough several days. If you had listened to MITD on Friday, you'd know that too.  What purpose could possibly be served by continuing to badger him on this thread today?  No good purpose, I daresay.

Seconded.

lonevoice

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 04, 2015, 01:34:09 AM
-----
Are you going to pick this time to stir the shit too?  You've been doing better than that lately, but I guess old habits die hard.

ETA: You've modified your post.  Thank you, and I apologize to you. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: littlechris on October 04, 2015, 01:55:42 AM
Cassandra, weren't you sucking Leo's dick just the other day?? How quickly you change. You are such a two face Sheeple!!

You should be performing your duties in the Falkie thread. She said that before Ashcraft pulled his facebook shenanigan.

area51drone

Quote from: lonevoice on October 04, 2015, 01:55:11 AM

Whatever was said on the gabcast, which I probably won't listen to, has absolutely zero bearing on my critique of the DMRN *web services*.   The whole Leo/Keith stuff is kind of stupid, IMO.  Two people just riding on Art's coat tails fighting amongst each other.

Art obviously ignores the good things I have said and focuses on the negative.   Art's the fucking BEST radio show host to have ever lived!  Down with C2C and Snoory!   Got that Art?   We do love you, even with your faults  ;)

lonevoice

Quote from: littlechris on October 04, 2015, 01:55:42 AM
--------
Jackpot!  LittleChris and Area51Drone on the hunt together.  I've seen this play before.  It was boring the first time...and the second...and the third.  Must be a really slow day on the general mucusing thread. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: area51drone on October 04, 2015, 01:59:06 AM
Whatever was said on the gabcast, which I probably won't listen to, has absolutely zero bearing on my critique of the DMRN.   The whole Leo/Keith stuff is kind of stupid, IMO.  Two people just riding on Art's coat tails fighting amongst each other.

Art obviously ignores the good things I have said and focuses on the negative.   Art's the fucking BEST radio show host to have ever lived!  Down with C2C and Snoory!   Got that Art?   We do love you, even with your faults  ;)

Then you are willfully uninformed. You've got yourself a white whale problem, which is stupid because you have the ultimate one in the falkie thread. Go harpoon that fucker and quit shitting all over the Art Bell thread.

Mild Bill

Art

I'm an Air Force veteran of Viet-Nam, flew 171 combat missions. Why do I feel like I was in the barracks having a bull session with the guys when all of a sudden the Air Force Chief of Staff comes bursting in telling us to knock it off because we don't know what we're talking about!

What the fuck, Art!  Ever hear the ages old expression "it's a soldier's privilege to complain"?

Don't give me this shit of "maybe it's just not worth it"! Of course it's worth it!  Why the hell did you come back on the air?  Why the hell do you think we're here? 

We're here because of YOU, you old fart!  We're your fans!  We're overjoyed you're back on the air!  We want the best for you, damn it!!

If you want "roses and rainbows" go visit the other chat site; they're so sweet! 

We may be only vaguely lovable...but we're loyal to you.

coaster

Quote from: area51drone on October 04, 2015, 01:47:05 AM
Hate on me all you want Art.  I'm a fan and have been a fan probably as long as Keith has been.    Leo's actions have shown how unprofessional he is, but he's not the first, including you, to have problems with Keith.    Honestly, if I were you, I would hope to be ignoring all this chatter at Bellgab.  It's like going to the store and reading about yourself in the National Enquirer or something.    You're right, who are we to say anything?   Yet at the same time, we have every right to say something.    Don't blame me for just saying what is on some people's minds though.   Only a true fan would tell you how it really is, not just kiss your ass.
Ok, so you agree leo is unprofessional, and people sometimes butt heads with keith. This isn't news to anyone. So what point are you trying to make, because I don't get it.

inuk2600

Nobody gives a flying f#$% about how professional the website looks. It works well as a place to follow along with items being discussed live. K is always Johnny on the spot ready to put something up at a moment notice. Shove that professional corporate looking crap right up Dave's ass.

lonevoice

Quote from: coaster on October 04, 2015, 02:05:09 AM
Ok, so you agree leo is unprofessional, and people sometimes butt heads with keith. This isn't news to anyone. So what point are you trying to make, because I don't get it.
To see how many ways he can say the same thing using more paragraphs each time? 

coaster

Art
Well, you have millions of fans. I don't see why you let the trolls and dipshits get under your skin.

area51drone

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 04, 2015, 02:06:58 AM
Nobody gives a flying f#$% about how professional the website looks. It works well as a place to follow along with items being discussed live. K is always Johnny on the spot ready to put something up at a moment notice. Shove that professional corporate looking crap right up Dave's ass.

I give a flying fuck on how well it works, and looks.   I use the archive off my phone routinely.  It's a pain in the ass to use.   There's a reason Art uses an iPhone and it's not because it is hard to use and looks ugly.

Quote from: Leo AshcraftOk for those that are saying its not tough to find someone to read the news. I agree! This isnt rip and read off the AP wire though. But beyond that - my part of MITD went beyond DMN which was a very small part. Some of these included handling all of the affiliate stations, from marketing, setup, and support. Guess what - all of those funds came out of my pocket - to the tune of more than $10,000 over the past three months. Have they reimbursed me? No. Have they paid my split of the program proceeds? No. So if you want this job and would like to Pay Art a few thousand dollars each month to have it. All power to you! enjoy the mediation of fights between Art and the affiliates - thats super fun.

Quote from: Leo Ashcraft

Ahh look at this. They claim they only brought in $12,000 in August and September. And this is my cut. Yet they dont give me a dime from the 12,000 time travelers where they have and continue to use my news product? Well over $120,000 of dollars missing from that($60k each month for time travelers for August & September) $12,000 figure don't you think? Keith Rowland has sent me the following which I will not accept the funds as it is a trick to get me to accept this as final payment. $120.17 for three months of work. Still its not a huge sum - $1400 bucks - but they are so greedy - here they try to scam me to accept $120.17

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1699273113692243&set=a.1399264017026489.1073741828.100008287119641&type=3

120 bucks is A LOT of money, shuddap Leo.

Seriously, he needs to be interviewed.

area51drone

Quote from: coaster on October 04, 2015, 02:08:12 AM
I don't see why you let the trolls and dipshits get under your skin.

I agree with that statement, although I might disagree on who the trolls and dipshits are  ;D