• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 21, 2015, 04:20:24 PM
If people don't get how BIG of a deal this is, well that's just on them...

Here's the thing.  We were told this was going to be a shock for some, that some people would hate it, that we'd probably better make sure our TT subscription is up to date, and so on.  In the end, nothing changes at all for people currently listening to the broadcast, or the recorded podcast - zero.

I guess I've grown weary of his periodic pointless dramas.  But that's just me.

Alaskana

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 03:49:13 PM
Actually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

We also started a Advertising campaign today that will run for a Month on Social Media. We would like to combine this with people calling their local program Manager and requesting the show. The XDS Satallite people will also promo it to the Radio Stations.

Art

P.S. Any help from Bell Gab in making those calls would be great!

Art,

thanks for clarifying a bit on the big news. I know some of us here (including me) were skeptical, but we hard core Art Bell fans are a tough bunch to please.  ;D (Not that you owe us anything, we'd take your leftover table scraps if you threw them out to us).

Believe me, I want for nothing but to be driving late into the foggy moonlit darkness and to turn on the AM radio and hear your familiar voice crackling into the night. I think this is a big step towards returning to the big time and I will definitely be emailing my local talk stations to pick up MITD.

Art Bell

That's what this is all about, not changing the show BUT now taking it to the next level which means to regular Broadcasters in a big way. So yes for you all no shock but remember I said some, and trust me that is true. Don't take good news so hard.

Art

Jocko Johnson

dave has locked himself in the exceutive little boys room with a new box of kleenex some rocky road ice cream and a large industial bottle of tumeric!
Falkie you better get down there and cover thre story. I got nothing else.

trostol

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 07:46:48 PM
That's what this is all about, not changing the show BUT now taking it to the next level which means to regular Broadcasters in a big way. So yes for you all no shock but remember I said some, and trust me that is true. Don't take good news so hard.

Art

everyone is used to bad news these days...remember..the world is ending Wed

jazmunda

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 21, 2015, 07:48:09 PM
dave has locked himself in the exceutive little boys room with a new box of kleenex some rocky road ice cream and a large industial bottle of tumeric!

So regular show prep at C2CAM with Dave Norrie.

starrmtn001

Quote from: trostol on September 21, 2015, 07:48:24 PM
I can't make it Wednesday.  Rain check? ;D

MR. Spock

Art remember the world will end for noory on Wednesday.

AppealPlay

Oh, yeah, I forgot about TEOTWAWKI.  Gonna go look for a manhole cover on Craigslist.

Spinner

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 04:01:49 PM
I said some may be shocked, and they will. Some thought we were only "only a "small Internet Show"
Those people will be shocked and not very happy at all.

Art
I have a pretty good idea as to who "those people" are. ;)
Let's take back the night!

lonevoice

Quote from: Spinner on September 21, 2015, 08:10:10 PM

I have a pretty good idea as to who "those people" are. ;)
Let's take back the night!

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 07:16:49 PM
According to the affiliate agreement, stations *may* be permitted to run the show on a delay however they don't recommend it.
Thanks for the info, Michael.  I'd like to add that when I contact the stations

AppealPlay

Quote from: TigerLily on September 21, 2015, 08:22:46 PM
Thanks for the info, Michael.  I'd like to add that when I contact the stations

Sure thing.  If you want to see the affiliate terms go here: http://nexusbroadcast.com/affiliate-terms-and-sign-up/

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 08:24:08 PM
Sure thing.  If you want to see the affiliate terms go here: http://nexusbroadcast.com/affiliate-terms-and-sign-up/
Michael, thanks again. I just bookmarked the page and will attach to the emails I send out

TigerLily

What do you guys think of contacting Classic Rock stations instead of just talk radio? Seems like a better demographic. Closer to Art's style than most of current talk radio. I think the stations/broadcasters would like it. Classic talk with classic rock. Would like to know if you all think it might be a viable option.  Thanks

WOTR

Can you pronounce Wednesday? I only ask because I know somebody who says Feb because they mangle the actual word any time they attempt it. ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 07:46:48 PM

Art
I think that a lot of us suspected something like this.  However, I would not attach the last 50 pages of this thread to any promotional material- with some "fans" screaming bloody retirement, it may not instill confidence.

I am going to contact the "all news station" in town again.  Competing with the "all talk" station and beating them to hell for ratings a few hours a night has to appeal to them as much as being able to jump in my truck and her MITD appeals to me.  Even better would be to have the CHORUS station drop C2C in favour of MITD.  But I just don't see that happening.  They are addicted to their ad revenue.

bateman

Quote from: TigerLily on September 21, 2015, 08:38:54 PM
What do you guys think of contacting Classic Rock stations instead of just talk radio? Seems like a better demographic. Closer to Art's style than most of current talk radio. I think the stations/broadcasters would like it. Classic talk with classic rock. Would like to know if you all think it might be a viable option.  Thanks

Totally.

AppealPlay

Interesting idea.  I can't think of any classic rock stations that carry talk programs...but it's certainly worth a shot!  I'm thinking of mailing handwritten notes along with a copy of the news release to stations in my area.  I feel like an actual letter will carry more weight than an e-mail or phone call.

trostol

Quote from: WOTR on September 21, 2015, 08:44:52 PM
Can you pronounce Wednesday? I only ask because I know somebody who says Feb because they mangle the actual word any time they attempt it. ;D

honestly..probably not correctly lol though apparently i have been saying it right all along lol

lonevoice

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 08:53:55 PM
Interesting idea.  I can't think of any classic rock stations that carry talk programs...but it's certainly worth a shot!  I'm thinking of mailing handwritten notes along with a copy of the news release to stations in my area.  I feel like an actual letter will carry more wait than an e-mail or phone call.
Michael, I think that's a great idea.  It's been awhile, but last I remember the order of effectiveness for requests to networks and advertisers is:
1. personal visit
2. snail mail
3. phone call
4. email

Good luck!

ACE of CLUBS

Good idea ...... glad you brought it up.
Will be contacting the 'classic rock' stations in my listening area ..... Vancouver, B.C.
Have had no response from the 'talk giant' .... CKNW 980 Vancouver.

AppealPlay

Quote from: lonevoice on September 21, 2015, 08:57:05 PM
Michael, I think that's a great idea.  It's been awhile, but last I remember the order of effectiveness for requests to networks and advertisers is:
1. personal visit
2. snail mail
3. phone call
4. email

Good luck!

Cool!  Will do.  I'll send off the letters this week.

inuk2600

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 08:53:55 PM
Interesting idea.  I can't think of any classic rock stations that carry talk programs...but it's certainly worth a shot!  I'm thinking of mailing handwritten notes along with a copy of the news release to stations in my area.  I feel like an actual letter will carry more wait than an e-mail or phone call.

Classic Hits, and Country FM stations, starting with anything above 50,000 Watts (non-iH8art) might be worth a shot.

Quote from: WOTR on September 21, 2015, 08:44:52 PM

It's easy!  I use this Youtube channel to learn proper enunciation of all my words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hx052Tiz9E

Morgus

Quote from: TigerLily on September 21, 2015, 06:27:16 PM
Good points Smithy. I'll branch out and contact Cumulus Radio too. Back in the day, a lot of Rock stations also ran C2C when Art was in charge so now Classic Rock Stations would be good targets.

Does this XDS stream mean stations can run it any time or are they locked into 9-12 PT? Anyone here know?
Target for San Diego & LA area: 760AM KFMB - it competes with KOGO 600AM and higher power!