• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Freyja

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 19, 2015, 12:37:28 PM
That's the problem. It's so artless (no pun intended) that it's transparent. You'd hope that a septuagenarian who had been in this game as long as him would be a bit more savvy than using that tired old gimmick. It goes with his faint hope that we were all supposed to be getting the word out for him in this 'blitz' thing. That sort of approach makes sense when you are on the radio broadcasting to all sorts of people and you are fighting to get their interest and attention. In this model (to use a Hoaglandism) you already have their attention. You are tickling a trout that you have already landed and he should be looking to be a bit smarter. This idea that we are all supposed to go twittering to everyone we know and infect them with the Art Bell virus is wishful thinking. If he keeps pulling this sort of thing people end up getting bored.

Well said SV ...+1 !!

Let's see....how many "retirements" have we all not been through? Then we have Art calling a segment of his most loyal listeners "wingnuts". Then there was "mysterious & reassuring", "never say never"....probably some others that I have forgotten. Then we have the Sirius fiasco ( bad deal or whatever it was).

More recently Art gets everyone's knickers in a knot when he alludes to not having enough time with his family, that he may turn MITD over to someone else or.....as below:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

Like I said, the only factor in how long I can do this is not critical comments, but how it effects my ability to spend time with my family. It is really upside down, I am usually up till at least 3AM and Asia gets up at 6AM for school, As a rule I sleep till Noon, so there is not much time left for what really counts.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell

Well here is the deal, even a younger person must adjust your day to do a show that is 9PM-12AM, meaning you can not make it the end of your day but more like the middle of your day. Plus I drink Coffee to be as alert as I must be. I am not complaining but just explaining.

The show is fun but the price is pretty high at the personal level. If it ever comes to it I might just turn it over to the right person or just keep doing it.

At any rate feel free to always say anything you feel about any show you have strong feelings about, does not bother me a bit.

Art

Re: Art Bell
    « Reply #56555 on: Today at 05:56:29 PM »

Jeez, relax I did not say I was leaving I was just pointing out to those of you who wrote that you thought I might leave because of a few critics. I have never cared what people say about what I do or experiment with. I was trying to point out what is important to me and what is not.

Art

---------------------------------------------------------

Now most recently we have a new FB page, a BIG announcement, yet prefaced with key words of "shock, hate & sorry".

Seriously if this is marketing, then I must ask to whom? If I am a "buyer" would I want to rearrange my broadcast schedule in light of the above? If I am a long time listener or a potential new subscriber and if this is marketing, then what is going to sell me on opening my wallet. What impression does this leave on a new potential market for MITD?....just saying...

IMHO this is just beyond juvenile and is more than pisses me off....AGAIN. Art must get some vicarious thrill of envisioning all his long time listeners going crazy with speculation. That is playing mind games and is just down right unprofessional and insensitive to those who have supported him over the decades.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Freyja on September 19, 2015, 01:40:21 PM
Well said SV ...+1 !!

Let's see....how many "retirements" have we all not been through? etc. etc.

On the other hand Art hangs out here and chats with us so that's cool.

RoseGirl

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 19, 2015, 01:39:15 PM
No the producer mainly reearches and lines up guests for the host. Heather replaced Dr J.

To build DMDN Keith wears many hats.. Maybe you are confusing his show line up tasks wth those of a producer?

Well then, I gotta get me one of these!!

norland2424

Lol even tho i do think art likes to fuck with us, i wouldn't be shocked if the big change is just that MITD will be on at an earlier time, or even a day show, that would "shock" and some people would "hate" that.

lamr

Quote from: norland2424 on September 19, 2015, 02:13:10 PM
Lol even tho i do think art likes to fuck with us, i wouldn't be shocked if the big change is just that MITD will be on at an earlier time, or even a day show, that would "shock" and some people would "hate" that.

Lunchtime in the desert?

AppealPlay

I wouldn't care at all.  That would be fine be me as I would continue to listen to the archives.

Freyja

I doubt if that's what it is because of this:

Radio Stations

Here are some real terrestrial radio stations that will pick up our show from our Internet stream and broadcast it over the air. What a cool idea!

Shortwave:

Tennessee â€" WTWW â€" 5,085 khz

Toronto â€" CFRX 6,070 khz

Alaska:

Anchorage â€" KOAN 1080 AM / 95.1 FM

California:

Bakersfield â€"  KERN  1180 AM  / 96.1 FM

Fresno â€" KGED 1680 AM (Starting 9/28)

Loma Linda â€" KCAA â€" 1050 AM
Needles â€" KTOX 1340 AM

Florida:

Bokeelia â€" WZQR â€" 100.7 FM

Ocala â€" WEFA â€" 92.5 FM

Kansas:

Kiowa (South Central) â€" KPAK 97.5 FM

Illinois:

Bloomington-Normal â€" WRPW 92.9 FM
Maine:

Monticello â€" WXME 780 AM

Mississippi:

Jackson â€" WYAB 103.9 FM

Nebraska:

York â€"  KAWL 1370 AM

Nevada:

Las Vegas â€" KIYQ â€" 107.1 FM

Pahrump â€" KNYE 95.1 FM

New York:

Amsterdam â€" WCSS 1490 AM

Johnstown â€" WIZR 930 AM / 102.9 FM

St. Johnsville â€" WKAJ â€" 1120 AM
Oklahoma:

Alva, (Northwest) â€" KPAK 97.5 FM
Oregon:

Portland â€" KXL 101.1 FM

Texas:

Ft Worth â€" KFTW â€" 95.5 FM

Malakoff â€" KQRP â€" 92.9 FM

Mt Vernon â€" KZPZ â€" 106.7 FM

Purley â€" KTSQ â€" 97.3 FM

Utah:

Salt Lake City â€" KTKK 630 AM
Virgina:

Forest / Lynchburg â€" WIQO 100.9 FM

Shawsville / Roanoke / Blacksburg â€" WBZS 102.5 FM

Gretna / Danville / Smith Mountain Lake â€" WMNA 106.3 FM

Canada:

Toronto, ONT â€" CFRB 1010 AM / CFRX 6,070 khz

No radio station is going to change their entire programming schedule to be able to stream MITD, unless they are willing to air a tape of the original show in it's existing time slot. Art would also like to expand his caller base I would assume, therefore streaming a previously aired show would both thwart and frustrate new listeners to the show by denying them an opportunity to participate live. 

GravitySucks

I don't see Art changing the time <much>. He could have started his show off at any time of the day or night.  I think he picked the current timeslot specifically because he does not like what c2c has become... IMHO

TigerLily

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 19, 2015, 01:36:16 PM
Someone has to do the dirty jobs.... SV, please address all these cat postings! I would hate to offend members of the cult unnecessarily and risk tarnishing my public image.
Vestal Virgins of the Dark aka Art's Tarts to you, sir  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 19, 2015, 01:49:47 PM
On the other hand Art hangs out here and chats with us so that's cool.
+1 Extremely cool, Ros

AppealPlay

Monday's live thread is going to read like a support group meeting.

gabrielle

I re-listened to Nassim Haremein last night.  WOW.  MITD is too good for words.  Art was brilliant, and so was his guest.  The things they talked about just blow my mind.  What a gift to have Art back.  I am going to cherish every minute of it.

littlechris

Quote from: Freyja on September 19, 2015, 01:40:21 PM
Well said SV ...+1 !!

Let's see....how many "retirements" have we all not been through? Then we have Art calling a segment of his most loyal listeners "wingnuts". Then there was "mysterious & reassuring", "never say never"....probably some others that I have forgotten. Then we have the Sirius fiasco ( bad deal or whatever it was).

More recently Art gets everyone's knickers in a knot when he alludes to not having enough time with his family, that he may turn MITD over to someone else or.....as below:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

Like I said, the only factor in how long I can do this is not critical comments, but how it effects my ability to spend time with my family. It is really upside down, I am usually up till at least 3AM and Asia gets up at 6AM for school, As a rule I sleep till Noon, so there is not much time left for what really counts.

Art

Well here is the deal, even a younger person must adjust your day to do a show that is 9PM-12AM, meaning you can not make it the end of your day but more like the middle of your day. Plus I drink Coffee to be as alert as I must be. I am not complaining but just explaining.

The show is fun but the price is pretty high at the personal level. If it ever comes to it I might just turn it over to the right person or just keep doing it.

At any rate feel free to always say anything you feel about any show you have strong feelings about, does not bother me a bit.

Art

Re: Art Bell
    « Reply #56555 on: Today at 05:56:29 PM »

Jeez, relax I did not say I was leaving I was just pointing out to those of you who wrote that you thought I might leave because of a few critics. I have never cared what people say about what I do or experiment with. I was trying to point out what is important to me and what is not.

Art

Now most recently we have a new FB page, a BIG announcement, yet prefaced with key words of "shock, hate & sorry".

Seriously if this is marketing, then I must ask to whom? If I am a "buyer" would I want to rearrange my broadcast schedule in light of the above? If I am a long time listener or a potential new subscriber and if this is marketing, then what is going to sell me on opening my wallet. What impression does this leave on a new potential market for MITD?....just saying...

IMHO this is just beyond juvenile and is more than pisses me off....AGAIN. Art must get some vicarious thrill of envisioning all his long time listeners going crazy with speculation. That is playing mind games and is just down right unprofessional and insensitive to those who have supported him over the decades.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Art Bell

Relax, I am not going to Retire. But it is a big move we are making to take the show to a new level.

Art

wenck

Quote from: Art Bell on September 19, 2015, 03:32:15 PM
Relax, I am not going to Retire. But it is a big move we are making to take the show to a new level.

Art

Well there you have it!

AppealPlay

Art

Thank you, Art!  I appreciate your reassurance.  We've (I) have been falling apart since yesterday.  Your cryptic communications have created widespread panic and reports of rioting. ;D

gabrielle

Art

Thank you for coming back and providing us with such first class entertainment. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 19, 2015, 01:25:31 PM
aww...thanks starr. I just googled 'pop art cats' and grabbed a few.

Aren't they spiffy?

:)
Absolutely, yes!

starrmtn001

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 19, 2015, 01:36:16 PM
Someone has to do the dirty jobs.... SV, please address all these cat postings! I would hate to offend members of the cult unnecessarily and risk tarnishing my public image.
Be very careful when dealing with the Feline Community WhiteCrow.

munbeam666

Art
Good for you! Thank you for the entertainment you have provided all these years. I wish broadcasting was a lot more creative than its turned into

Ms. C

Art
Don't you just love these (sometimes) vicious and vaguely lovable speculations? 

Thanks for all you do Art!!!  Very much appreciate it and also that you come to Bellgab and chat along with us gabblings! 

SnooryFest

Wild guess:

-internet livestream at an earlier time
-radio broadcast at regular time, but pre-taped
-more commercials & markets

starrmtn001

Art
I've never doubted you Art.

Morgus

Art
Mysterious and Reassuring as always!  :D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 19, 2015, 03:38:29 PM
Be very careful when dealing with the Feline Community WhiteCrow.

Oh yes know that very well,.. That's we have SV, so I can stay Mr Clean. Every 'good' leader needs an SOB on their staff.

starrmtn001

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 19, 2015, 03:47:42 PM
Oh yes know that very well,.. That's we have SV, so I can stay Mr Clean. Every 'good' leader needs an SOB on their staff.
;D ;D ;D

WhiteCrow

Art

No Limits

WhiteCrow

Quote from: gabrielle on September 19, 2015, 03:35:27 PM
Thank you for coming back and providing us with such first class entertainment.

Love Art Bell..  Praise MV

ItsOver

Art
I think that's all 99.9% of the Gabblings really care about.  No retirement on Monday.  Anything else is just icing.

Art

Thanks, I can take my head out of the oven now!

I'm guessing now more affiliates. Might be a few minutes of commercials, I suspect a compromise.