• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on September 17, 2015, 09:24:19 AM
19.5... it's everywhere.  I'd love to hear Hoagie lecture the numbers lady about it. Maybe it would shut her up.

Oh my god, she wouldn't have a chance. Last night Hoag managed to work the torsion field stuff into the Republican debate and made it seem perfectly sensible and then he moved on to explain how he got Asimov, Norman Mailer, Sagan and every other luminary of the 1970's on a cruise ship together with him for the launch of Apollo 17 in 1972 which Frederick Pohl referred to as "the ship of foolishness" and lost Holland-America 250 grand. 

coaster

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 17, 2015, 05:42:00 AM
And felons with stalking records. I kid you not, the reason why I got off of the last one. I googled her name, and wham, she had been sent to jail for stalking (of all people) her probation officer. Oh and this was a normal dating site so stay away people. That is my public service announcement for today. I'd be willing to bet some sociopaths are on those sites as well. But that is a story for another time.
Stalking their probation officer? Wow.. well I am glad she didn't turn you into a lamp PBS. I had a stalker back in the day. Not from a dating service but crazy nonetheless. In middle of the night I would wake up to the choking smell of perfume. Like clouds of perfume. Come to find out, this lady was spraying the shit in my windows. In the dead of night. Fun stuff..

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 17, 2015, 01:33:01 PM
Oh my god, she wouldn't have a chance. Last night Hoag managed to work the torsion field stuff into the Republican debate and made it seem perfectly sensible and then he moved on to explain how he got Asimov, Norman Mailer, Sagan and every other luminary of the 1970's on a cruise ship together with him for the launch of Apollo 17 in 1972 which Frederick Pohl referred to as "the ship of foolishness" and lost Holland-America 250 grand.

Very interesting.
http://www.thewaythefutureblogs.com/2010/11/the-ship-of-foolishness-part-1-the-foreplay/

QuoteGather round, dear friends and fellow fans, especially the kind of fans who enjoy going to science-fiction cons. I have a story to tell that will make you eat your heart out. It is a tale of the absolute jim-dandiest (sort of) science-fiction con that was ever held, although it wasn’t called one. Unfortunately for present readers, it happened nearly forty years ago, and it is highly probable that nothing like it will ever happen again.

The project was the brainchild of three good friends of mine. One was an astronaut, one was a communications genius who used to work with Walter Cronkite and the third was a highly respected scientist, and the one thing I won’t tell you about them is their names.

Our friend Richard?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: coaster on September 17, 2015, 01:37:10 PM
Stalking their probation officer? Wow.. well I am glad she didn't turn you into a lamp PBS. I had a stalker back in the day. Not from a dating service but crazy nonetheless. In middle of the night I would wake up to the choking smell of perfume. Like clouds of perfume. Come to find out, this lady was spraying the shit in my windows. In the dead of night. Fun stuff..
Dear God! That is way beyond. Damn that  means they are everywhere, not just on dating sites. Thanks for the story.

SredniVashtar

I was once stalked by the Pussycat Dolls. All of them. They just wouldn't take no for an answer. I kept trying to explain to these insatiable harpies that we'd had our laughs but that Giselle Bundchen was starting to get suspicious. Some people think good looks and sexual charisma are a blessing. Take it from me, they are a curse!!

coaster

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 17, 2015, 01:45:09 PM
Dear God! That is way beyond. Damn that  means they are everywhere, not just on dating sites. Thanks for the story.
I eventually had to call the police. She drove a purple PT Cruiser, and it would be parked a block from my house, at all hours. And no offense to cruiser fans, but if a crazy person drove a car, thats the one they would have. friggin clown car. And yes, they are everywhere. It's why I avoid people. Call me antisocial,  but I'd rather not die, thank you.

SredniVashtar

Monica Bellucci once locked me in a wardrobe because I threatened to break up with her.

BellBoy

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 17, 2015, 01:50:55 PM
I was once stalked by the Pussycat Dolls. All of them. They just wouldn't take no for an answer. I kept trying to explain to these insatiable harpies that we'd had our laughs but that Giselle Bundchen was starting to get suspicious. Some people think good looks and sexual charisma are a blessing. Take it from me, they are a curse!!

I find it rather endearing that you have given your digits pet names, all of them. Am I correct in assuming "Giselle Bundchen" is your pinkie finger?

BellBoy

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 17, 2015, 01:56:58 PM
Monica Bellucci once looked me in a wardrobe because I threatened to break up with her.

...and now we're on to your left hand.

AND YES, I looked at your spelling! tsk! tsk! tsk!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: BellBoy on September 17, 2015, 01:58:41 PM
...and now we're on to your left hand.

AND YES, I looked at your spelling! tsk! tsk! tsk!

Bastard!  :)

BellBoy

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 17, 2015, 02:01:29 PM
Bastard!  :)

That's what my Mamma always done called me, "Mamma's Little Bastard". I love you Mamma!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: BellBoy on September 17, 2015, 02:13:56 PM
That's what my Mamma always done called me, "Mamma's Little Bastard". I love you Mamma!

Well, god bless her silver hairs. You must have inherited her sense of humour. Your obsessive nit-picking side must have come from the milkman however.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 17, 2015, 10:15:24 AM
I am doing well thank you so much for asking. And yes I am a subscriber or 19.5(er) to Hoagie. Good stuff. As well as Art. Life over all is good. How are you?
I am doing well, although my responsibilities have picked-up since Sci Fi annointed me as an Ayatollah of the Hoagslam Cult, the Hai Karate sect.  Try spelling Ayatollah without spellcheck.  Hoagie be praised!  May the Torsion Field be with you and The Holy Hair protect you from the Evil Premrat Empire and Dork Noory!

BellBoy

Quote from: ItsOver on September 17, 2015, 02:30:54 PM
I am doing well, although my responsibilities have picked-up since Sci Fi annointed me as an Ayatollah of the Hoagslam Cult, the Hai Karate sect.  Try spelling Ayatollah without spellcheck.  Hoagie be praised!  May the Torsion Field be with you and The Holy Hair protect you from the Evil Premrat Empire and Dork Noory!

Praise be to Hoagie!

Can I get a 19.5 all up in this bitch!?!

coaster

This Hoagland cult joke aside, wasn't he somewhat responsible for the Heaven's Gate fiasco?

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2015, 09:43:19 PM
Page 1906.  1906, year of the San Fransisco Great Quake.
Sister Starr. Our new historian

ItsOver

Quote from: BellBoy on September 17, 2015, 02:39:08 PM
Praise be to Hoagie!

Can I get a 19.5 all up in this bitch!?!
Wassup Beeyatch!  Be shak'n wit da Accutrons down wit all duh hardware 'n da Hood?  Boss Hoagie be down!  He da Man, Beeyatch!

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 17, 2015, 05:42:00 AM
And felons with stalking records. I kid you not, the reason why I got off of the last one. I googled her name, and wham, she had been sent to jail for stalking (of all people) her probation officer. Oh and this was a normal dating site so stay away people. That is my public service announcement for today. I'd be willing to bet some sociopaths are on those sites as well. But that is a story for another time.
Off topic. I keep forgetting to tell.you how much I love your little vampire kitty

popple

Quote from: scottydawg on September 16, 2015, 05:27:10 PM
I hope Art talks about the 14 y/o kid who was arrested in Texas for bringing a homemade CLOCK to school!
Here's a few other dangerous devices the Irving Texas Police have found

http://i.imgur.com/1cfVEpk.jpg

FEAR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 17, 2015, 10:22:02 AM

... this is a long dark road you are heading down!
And I'm certain your house is the last one on the left.  Trollish enough?  :)

ponyboysunset

See people take things out of context. I just don't belong to that cult. I am part of another more secret cult. So therefore I cannot praise any other deity. All I got to say is 19.5. Oh no I have said too much!

And thanks Tigerlily. I feel my avatar is appropriate. And I am not entirely sure my book is a work of fiction. I have heard things. Things I tell you!

Lilith

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2015, 03:05:31 PM
And I'm certain your house is the last one on the left.  Trollish enough?  :)

Ah yes!  You must have a secret decoder ring!  ;) 8)

two weeks for a big announcement?

any guesses?

Lilith

Quote from: ASC on September 17, 2015, 04:06:12 PM
two weeks for a big announcement?

any guesses?

Bateman on weekends....what else could it BE?

Zenman

Quote from: popple on September 17, 2015, 02:54:57 PM
FEAR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they still have that pop tart the kid chewed into the shape of a gun in an evidence locker somewhere?

morgana213

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 17, 2015, 11:15:19 AM
Still in shock. Craziest thing is she was so nice. Freaks me out. Her record was a mile long and there was a write up about her in a local paper. So I backed away quietly and haven't heard a thing since. Thank God.
I love cats, but all this talk about dating services reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4

BellBoy

Quote from: Zenman on September 17, 2015, 04:35:50 PM
I wonder if they still have that pop tart the kid chewed into the shape of a gun in an evidence locker somewhere?

Not a chance, it smelled too much like a doughnut...

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 17, 2015, 01:50:55 PM
Not to mention that, long, wet, silver tongue of yours. Ooh baby! :-* ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2015, 02:52:32 PM
Sister Starr. Our new historian
Bad choice kiddo.  I was terrible in history.  You can do better.  Trust me. ;)

jazmunda

Art has a new Public Verified Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell51