• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: malliard on August 27, 2015, 07:46:19 PM
should have been more active during the two years he was off... building a brand takes many years, just look at how long it to him to build coast...

As far as I understand Art was prohibited from doing much of anything in the industry due to SiriusXM's non-compete clause.

Quote from: littlechris on August 27, 2015, 06:23:27 PM
I do agree with many of your points Freyja,

I think Art should completely do away with his paranormal news segment (which i happen to enjoy) and convert that into commercial space for his Am stations.

-C

How about if he kept the paranormal news segment in his show, but the terrestrial radio stations could use this time for commercials? That way those who feel strongly about listening to the paranormal news could still listen to Art's free stream and Art would still have a large radio audience. I'll be honest, I don't even listen to the paranormal news segment. I like the concept, but it's always so boring.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 27, 2015, 07:51:59 PM
How about if he kept the paranormal news segment in his show, but the terrestrial radio stations could use this time for commercials? That way those who feel strongly about listening to the paranormal news could still listen to Art's free stream and Art would still have a large radio audience. I'll be honest, I don't even listen to the paranormal news segment. I like the concept, but it's always so boring.

People seem to be sharply divided about Leo's spots.  I like them because many of the stories they cover I never would have heard about were it not for DMN.

I was under the impression that the terrestrial radio affiliates already run their ads over DMN spots now.  If that's not the case then Art should definitely let them run spots over DMN.  No harm, no foul really.  If people want to hear the DMN segments they can either listen to the stream on Art's website or check out the Dark Matter News site.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: littlechris on August 27, 2015, 06:17:55 PM
Hey whiteCrow,

Miss you at the falkie thread. Hope your vacation is going well.

As to Art no longer mentioning BellGab anymore at the start of the show, I havent noticed that. But i did notice that the upper right corner is no longer a plug for Art's show. I hope all is well betwenn MV and Art.

-d

Vacation is great .... Thanks.... Falkie's thread has taken a turn to vicious for my gentle demeanor.

WhiteCrow

Raise funds for TV commercials, by selling autographed fan photos of Ms Redacted.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chronaut on August 27, 2015, 07:28:43 PM
So your suggestion is to promote a proven sociopathic liar like Jonathan Rutter (not a PhD, not named “Reed”) who fabricated his entire story to bilk money out of Art’s listener base?  Gross.
http://www.ufowatchdog.com/jonathan_reed.htm

Backwards to proven frauds, worthless “Ancient Aliens” type of fluff, and the kind of credulous idiocy that C2C panders to is NOT the way forward.

Art has a real chance to raise the bar and help to rescue this entire field of inquiry from the humiliating downward spiral of recent years, and set a higher standard that brings the scientific community and the paranormal community closer together, not further apart.

As last night’s show powerfully attests â€" good science makes for fascinating radio.  We need more of that, not less.  Let Snoorge take the fat, while we churn the cream.

Absolutely.  If I want to listen to nonsense, I can listen to C2C.

Art Bell

How about a campaign to call other shows and just say Art Bell is back! That's all they would need to do a Google search and find the show, but I don't think it's a good idea on Coast because (being honest here) that I want their caller's.

Art

malliard

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 27, 2015, 07:50:05 PM
As far as I understand Art was prohibited from doing much of anything in the industry due to SiriusXM's non-compete clause.

pretty sure he could use social media, blogs.. etc...

but some of it, he has to do...

ziznak

Quote from: Art Bell on August 27, 2015, 08:35:46 PM
How about a campaign to call other shows and just say Art Bell is back! That's all they would need to do a Google search and find the show, but I don't think it's a good idea on Coast because (being honest here) that I want their caller's.

Art

BOOM clarification from the man... you heard it people... off we go... FUCKING AWESOME

chefist

Art

That's my thinking, Art...FOLKS, PLEASE GO TO THE BLITZ THREAD THAT I WILL REPOST TO SIGN UP TO CALL RUSH TOMORROW...FRIDAY IS OPEN LINES!

malliard

i cant believe what i just seen.... would you want that happening on your show? other fans and hosts calling your show to say things like that?

chefist

Quote from: malliard on August 27, 2015, 08:48:52 PM
i cant believe what i just seen.... would you want that happening on your show? other fans and hosts calling your show to say things like that?

Art they would appreciate...you, meh....

Quote from: HairRaiser on August 27, 2015, 05:18:55 PM
If Joe Rogan had Art on the podcast, I'd expect a nice boost. I don't know if they'd go for it, but the Nerdist podcast with Chris Hardwick has a broad listenership as well.

Winner winner, chicken dinner. I would expect a huge boost. I certainly got the feeling a lot of the callers during the Rogan segment last week were not Art listeners, but they might be now.

trostol

Art

you already have at least 1 that i know of...Annie from Alabama

Kolchak

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 27, 2015, 08:54:26 PM
Winner winner, chicken dinner. I would expect a huge boost. I certainly got the feeling a lot of the callers during the Rogan segment last week were not Art listeners, but they might be now.

Rogan's show is #28 on Apple's podcast charts, meaning it's one of the most listened to in the world. "WTF With Marc Maron" is #7 and would be another great candidate for an interview.

gabrielle

I sent an email to Celente to mention the interview with Art in his next newsletter.  Gerald is widely respected, might get the word out.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: malliard on August 27, 2015, 08:48:52 PM

I was going to ask Art the same question, how would he feel about fans of another program calling in on MITD just to plug their guy's show?

TigerLily

For my (barely worth) 2 cents.  The you tube MiTD channel with savory excerpts would be great and in itself might produce revenue.  Also all Twitter and Facebook pages with a paranormal/scifi/fringe science following. I.e. sci-fi channel, discovery, etc. And the ones for genre tv shows.

If these have already been brought up, my apologies. I'm way behind the curve and skimmed through all the responses.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 27, 2015, 09:12:19 PM
I was going to ask Art the same question, how would he feel about fans of another program calling in on MITD just to plug their guy's show?
Yeah, the Howard Stern (and Alex Jones) style of getting callers to get into other shows to promote themselves (or theories) is a bit lowbrow. If it came up as a matter of discourse, talking about radio, talking about paranormal, etc I would have no problem with it, but drive-by callers faking screeners/hosts to get in and then saying a catch-phrase? Not a good thing, I think.

Along that line how about robo-dialers (probably be cheaper after the election though,) highjack software Trojan horses, and persistent pop-ups ads? Or just knocking on doors at inopportune times....kidding. I love Art and want MITB to be very successful but let's not use crappy tactics.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 27, 2015, 09:12:19 PM

If you are a retired baseball player with a show, and a hall of famer calls in, that is GOLD! Come on...even if they have their own show!

TigerLily

On another topic, I recently became a "Braapster".  Since there's already so many shows, can you guys let me know what you think are the 4 or 5 osom-est shows to download?  Then I can take my time getting caught up with the others.  Thanks in advance for your input.  I'll probably post something similar on Hoagie's thread later tonite.  You people are (vaguely) the best!

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 09:22:40 PM
If you are a retired baseball player with a show, and a hall of famer calls in, that is GOLD! Come on...even if they have their own show!
Sure ART was doing the calling! Then I'm sure pretty much any radio host would take the call and put on air! But if it is a Stern/AlexJones type just calling in and saying Babooey or "911 Inside Job?" Not good radio and not a classy way to promote a program/theory.

TigerLily

P.s. Sorry, Art.  Not crazy about calling other shows.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 09:17:03 PM
Yeah, the Howard Stern (and Alex Jones) style of getting callers to get into other shows to promote themselves (or theories) is a bit lowbrow.

Shep Smith: "We have a witness to the shootings in Virginia this morning on the phone with us. Sir, tell us what you saw..."

Caller: "Yeah, the guy took out his gun and...ART BELL! Midnight in the Desert!!!!!

Yeah, probably not the greatest tactic for spreading the word.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 09:25:14 PM
Sure ART was doing the calling! Then I'm sure pretty much any radio host would take the call and put on air! But if it is a Stern/AlexJones type just calling in and saying Babooey or "911 Inside Job?" Not good radio and not a classy way to promote a program/theory.

Sounds more like a stunt that would be put forth by a desperate FM "Morning Zoo" program in Des Moines than by a world class broadcaster and radio legend. 

chefist

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 27, 2015, 09:26:52 PM
     Shep Smith: "We have a witness to the shootings in Virginia this morning on the phone with us. Sir, tell us what you saw..."

Caller: "Yeah, the guy took out his gun and...ART BELL! Midnight in the Desert!!!!!

Yeah, probably not the greatest tactic for spreading the word.

He might need a PR person...

gabrielle

From Art's facebook page:

Tomorrow on MITD we just have fun and play TRUTH or TRASH.
This is just a fun game in which in this case listener's are encouraged to tell a WILD story which does not have to be true, but it must be told with conviction, or it can be a true WILD story. Then listener's can vote on the spot on wether the story is truth or trash. Story teller's should call on Skype, voters on the phone.
Art Bell

Zenman

Sometimes Art has a rather dry sense of humor.   ;D

sydtron

Oh snap Truth or Trash!!!  I think I just brapped in me speedo!!!"

TigerLily

Art
I call "TRASH"!