• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

FB:

"I am cleaning my Radio room and I will sell Carville the Alien to the highest bidder ( pick up only) given to me by Rush and about 5 ft tall."

11angeleyes11

Quote from: b_dubb on August 06, 2011, 02:05:59 PM
hey have you guys heard?  Art Bell quit Coast!!!

Nah!  No Way!  Epic Fail!!!!!

I just heard him live on Coast last night, and I do every Saturday night.

Morgus

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on August 07, 2011, 05:03:35 PM
I just heard him live on Coast last night, and I do every Saturday night.
Didn't you notice the announcer saying several times on the broadcast it was a replay from Oct 1999?
Also all the Y2K discussion on the show might have been another dead giveaway.  8)

kingdomofsigh

As I'm still replenishing from my misplaced enthusiasm given to "Arthur Bell III's"  fake Facebook profile a few months back, I haven't tried friending "real Art" yet...

Any updates with Art and his potential hosting schemes?

jazmunda

Quote from: 999 on August 07, 2011, 04:31:20 PM
FB:

"I am cleaning my Radio room and I will sell Carville the Alien to the highest bidder ( pick up only) given to me by Rush and about 5 ft tall."

I wonder if there is anything to read into this. Is he tidying up and preparing for something new? Or packing up and cleaning out?

Morgus

Seems Art is just in Pahrump to sell off his remaining assets there before moving back to a new house in the Philippines that he told was his plan some months back?

11angeleyes11

Quote from: kingdomofsigh on August 07, 2011, 06:44:00 PM
As I'm still replenishing from my misplaced enthusiasm given to "Arthur Bell III's"  fake Facebook profile a few months back, I haven't tried friending "real Art" yet...

Any updates with Art and his potential hosting schemes?

Atta an Avatar!!!!!!!!

MV/Liberace!

sounds like a cleanup/sell-off to me.  i suspect art left the pahrump home intact as a bit of an insurance policy in case things didn't go well in the philippines.  you can fill in the blanks as far as what i mean by "didn't go well."  he's probably reached the point of feeling the insurance policy is no longer necessary. 

i continue to believe he's not returning to radio.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 07, 2011, 08:00:53 PM
sounds like a cleanup/sell-off to me.  i suspect art left the pahrump home intact as a bit of an insurance policy in case things didn't go well in the philippines.  you can fill in the blanks as far as what i mean by "didn't go well."  he's probably reached the point of feeling the insurance policy is no longer necessary. 

i continue to believe he's not returning to radio.

indeed that seems to be the scenario playing out.

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on August 07, 2011, 07:35:10 PM
Atta an Avatar!!!!!!!!

"What do you expect? You put your fucking name on every other piece of shit that comes down the pike!" - Larry Sanders

The Larry Sanders Show - 2x06 - The Hankerciser 200

Camper

This thread has gone full circle. Art quits C2C, sells his stuff and moves to the Philippines!

I wish him well, again.

anagrammy

You guys are on the wrong track.  All the chatter on both Facebook pages, Art's and Airyn's is about decorating, buying plants, updating the home, landscaping, maybe putting in a pool yes/no, maybe buying a whole bigger house... and lots of "we will miss you's" to people in the Philippines.

Anagrammy

jazmunda

Quote from: anagrammy on August 07, 2011, 11:28:14 PM
You guys are on the wrong track.  All the chatter on both Facebook pages, Art's and Airyn's is about decorating, buying plants, updating the home, landscaping, maybe putting in a pool yes/no, maybe buying a whole bigger house... and lots of "we will miss you's" to people in the Philippines.

Anagrammy

I'm not privvy to Airyn's musings but Art's trickles of quasi-information have alluded to pretty much nothing.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 07, 2011, 07:00:21 PM
I wonder if there is anything to read into this. Is he tidying up and preparing for something new? Or packing up and cleaning out?

Oh mama that alien is awesome

Scully

I'm with anagrammy on this.  You guys are partypoops! Maybe you should get out of the house more. :-*

Morgus

Quote from: 999 on August 07, 2011, 04:31:20 PM
FB:

that really says it all.
Art cleaning out his old radio room and getting rid of his prized gray alien.
getting rid of the last remnants of the old art bell show?

jazmunda

Exactly my thoughts. You'd think if he was making a grand return to the airwaves with a paranormal talk show he'd keep that on there to help create some atmosphere.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 08, 2011, 01:14:28 AM
Exactly my thoughts. You'd think if he was making a grand return to the airwaves with a paranormal talk show he'd keep that on there to help create some atmosphere.

Maybe it is scaring the crap out of his little girls?

Quote from: 999 on August 08, 2011, 04:46:15 AM

Yep.  That would be my guess, too. 
Things change when there are children involved.      ;)

Camper

Anagrammy

It wouldn't be the first time I went down the wrong track! I'm not a facebook member so I get all my Art info here. Did he bring his cats with him?

onan

Anagrammy

Lemme know when they start discussing a radio format.

anagrammy

Specifically, Art mentioned getting the place fit to live in.  Airyn is the one interested in landscaping.  I am sure she is in shock going from the tropics to the desert and wants more green around her. This is the behavior of a woman nesting, albeit reluctantly.

The only thing Art has said about the thing we care about the most, ART+RADIO is that he has something "in the works" and will be letting us know later.

Anagrammy

Area51

Oops, sorry I posted my reply with your quote.

I'm with you all the way anagrammy (by the way, I like your style and enjoy your posts). Anyway, everything I've seen and feel so far lead me to believe Art will be back broadcasting. How much and where is the next question. Anyway, I'm excited at the prospect! Everyone could use some good news these days.

anagrammy

Quote from: Area51 on August 08, 2011, 02:59:49 PM
Oops, sorry I posted my reply with your quote.

I'm with you all the way anagrammy (by the way, I like your style and enjoy your posts). Anyway, everything I've seen and feel so far lead me to believe Art will be back broadcasting. How much and where is the next question. Anyway, I'm excited at the prospect! Everyone could use some good news these days.

Thanks for the kind words, Area 51.  I am cautiously excited about what Art's next project will be. 

Anagrammy

Quote from: 999 on August 08, 2011, 04:46:15 AM

Somewhere in Sherman Oaks, George Noory's ears just perked up..

Lester

Last week (first week August 2011) I was landing at McCarren (Las Vegas)to the east and the standard approach from the west is over Pahrump.  I had a south facing window and as we lost altitude over Pahrump I looked out my window seat and saw very clearly Art’s house and antenna farm.  It is exactly as described and pictured on the Internet.

anagrammy

Quote from: Lester on August 10, 2011, 07:49:18 PM
Last week (first week August 2011) I was landing at McCarren (Las Vegas)to the east and the standard approach from the west is over Pahrump.  I had a south facing window and as we lost altitude over Pahrump I looked out my window seat and saw very clearly Art’s house and antenna farm.  It is exactly as described and pictured on the Internet.

Good spotting, Lester.  Any big moving trucks out front?

Anagrammy

fabucat

Hi guys!  Just thought that I'd stop by & say hi!  Glad I did because I got the great news about Art.  Art's history is interesting but won't dampen my appreciation for his talent.  I'm glad that he finally got the hang of parenthood, however:) 

Once again thanks for keeping this great site alive & for giving me the great news.

onan

Quote from: fabucat on August 11, 2011, 04:26:09 PM

Once again thanks for keeping this great site alive & for giving me the great news.

Take your shoes off. Sit a spell. Quit bein a stranger.

Lester

I am a very lucky person.  I have a home in LAS and another in ANC.  When I fly to Anchorage the standard north departure is to fly north along the Nevada-California border so I get to look down at Pahrump.  And when I return the standard arrival to the east is to look down at Pahrump.  So I have had the opportunity to see at altitude, and a distance, the general area where Mr. Bell lives for many years.  I am too high to see detail of the street.  Like Mr. Bell, I am an Extra-Class Amateur Radio operator so I am looking at his antenna farm.  And it is easy to see KNYE’s tower.

Wikipedia reports:  “On July 20, 2011, Art Bell announced via his Facebook page that he had relocated with his family to Reno, Nevada, but has given no indication about his radio plans, if any (beyond maintaining his HAM activity).”  Note “RENO”!

Anagrammy I enjoy reading your posts.