• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Freyja on August 02, 2015, 07:18:42 PM
Raising the price [...] is just bad business IMO.

You must know something I don't.

Quote from: Freyja on August 02, 2015, 07:39:36 PM
they stop paying.

I am sure everyone who is paying $5 is welcome to stop paying $5 so they can be charged a fair market value later. Five dollars is ghetto cheap. Look around.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 02, 2015, 03:46:48 PM
Same here, every single night for any song is probably too much, the faster pace and lack of lyrics really helped The Chase and Inca Dance not get stale.  Maybe play Crystal's tune once a week?

yeah, i'd like inca dance as the closer.

Jackstar

Quote from: MV on August 02, 2015, 07:49:58 PM

I'd like a dancing hula girl added to my forum flair. Thanks in advance.

Freyja

Quote from: Jackstar on August 02, 2015, 07:46:11 PM
You must know something I don't.

Actually I do....

QuoteI am sure everyone who is paying $5 is welcome to stop paying $5 so they can be charged a fair market value later. Five dollars is ghetto cheap. Look around.

$5.00/mo or $60.00/yr is the price of most podcast subscriptions: Wells, Rense, Coast, Jones to name a couple. Some even offer streaming video archives for that price in addition to streaming audio archives. Others like Cllyde Lewis offer RSS feeds for archived shows free. That is a comparable market. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 02, 2015, 07:28:59 PM
What about dr.j I was happy with the guest selection so far.
Yes. But consider that as good of a job as he's done, dude's got his own show, and the first mate's position is no joke, and probably amounts to more than full time, particularly at the start. Also, it must be a bit like feeding two dogs out of the same bowl, lining up guests for two shows. There was talk a few pages back of the possibility of interns or assistants to Art or Keith in production. I imagine that Art has found the help he needs at this time and also that Dr J has other areas where his focus is required. That is certainly no dis to the man. This enterprise is evolving in a grass-rooty free-range kind cage-free way right? I'm glad Art is being Art, the way he likes to stir the *S* is vaguely loveable. Bring it!

chefist

From everything I see Art is in complete command of his ship and it is right on course! God Speed Art Bell!

ItsOver

Quote from: Freyja on August 02, 2015, 07:39:36 PM

..It is the delivery and ease of access to the archives that is the issue....that is what the paying subscribers are paying for. You don't get that right...they stop paying.
Actually, I'm paying to help keep Art on the air because I realize he's covering costs with the dollars.  However, I don't know how many realize it or appreciate it.  I would think it would be more workable from the business stand point to charge a low rate for live and podcasts but I believe Art has desired the current approach from the start.  I hope it works but I also hope Art is willing to adapt, if necessary.  The Sirius nightmare keeps popping-up in my head.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: MV on August 02, 2015, 07:49:58 PM

I still catch myself thinking the show is ending whenever Art plays it during the show.

Dateline

I am on the edge of my mousetrap as to who the new Producer is. 

Maybe Coast was raided and pillaged and Lisa Lyons is back with Art.

Or, maybe it is Producer Paul,

Or Jimmy Church begged and pleaded. .

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on August 02, 2015, 07:53:05 PM
I'd like a dancing hula girl added to my forum flair. Thanks in advance.
Is this MV's next avatat?  Cringe.

Jackstar

Quote from: Freyja on August 02, 2015, 07:54:35 PM
That is a comparable market.

Actually I do....

I meant, something relevant. Still skeptical here.

Freyja

Quote from: Jackstar on August 02, 2015, 08:07:01 PM

I meant, something relevant. Still skeptical here.

Hmmm....like maybe your relevant response.....that the best you can do?

TigerLily

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 02, 2015, 04:28:34 PM
The Martian is quite good if you like technical sci-fi. It's basically sci-fi for nerds which is why I really liked it. Yes, it's being made into a movie as we speak by Ridley Scott. Coincidentally, Scott also bought the rights to Wool.
Yeah, I like hard SF. Everything from Ringworld through William Gibson and on.  'Course love good ole space opera, too.  Yes, total nerd, that's me.  Ridley Scott is the bomb...Alien, Blade Runner, Prometheus.  Ok, 'nuff.  Am I going to be reported for being off topic?  Btw, love Art Bell!  Back on topic.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Freyja on August 02, 2015, 08:09:11 PM
Hmmm....like maybe your relevant response.....that the best you can do?

I searched for an "O RLY" meme because that is what your insipid analysis of the situation is worth.

I picked David Bowie, as he is also a living legend, much like Art Bell, and totally unlike Rense, Jones, & Coast, like you so inanely referenced. (Wells is totally kinda like Bowie.)

Did you know? David Bowie was the first recording artist to start his own paywall website. Bowie.net, I think it was called, like sixteen years ago. I never used it, because the cheeky prick was asking fifty bucks a month for access out of the gate Day One, and I wasn't all that into Bowie anyway. People said that he was crazy then too, but the last I checked, he was still making money hand over fist from his business that he owns.

So before you stumble onwards with your deluded ideal that a hackneyed meme is the best that I could come up with, or that an unwarranted price hike is the best Art Bell could come up with, perhaps you had better restate your primary assumptions as a writing exercise--or, simply go pleasure yourself, Dollface.

Jackstar

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 02, 2015, 08:15:51 PM
You just don't understand, Jack O Wormwood.

I got something you can stand under, Cam. C'mere.

nika01

Actually I do....

$5.00/mo or $60.00/yr is the price of most podcast subscriptions: Wells, Rense, Coast, Jones to name a couple. Some even offer streaming video archives for that price in addition to streaming audio archives. Others like Cllyde Lewis offer RSS feeds for archived shows free. That is a comparable market.

Bull shit. Those are not comparable. You obviously have no clue , thinking with your freaking wallet. Go listen to Dave.

Quote from: Art Bell on August 02, 2015, 04:55:14 PM
... BTW, first person to figure out our new Producer gets a gold star...

I'm guessing it has to be either Curtis or Fort Rock

Quote from: Art Bell on August 02, 2015, 07:19:06 PM
... Again, for those that do complain, well the show is FREE, do they want us to pay them?...

Excellent idea sir, may I PM you the address to send the check?

Jackstar

Quote from: nika01 on August 02, 2015, 08:21:10 PM
Bull shit. Those are not comparable. You obviously have no clue , thinking with your freaking wallet. Go listen to Dave.

This really hits all the high points in admirable shotgun style, but I'm not gonna lie--I like mine better. Still, under one sky.

b_dubb

Quote from: Art Bell on August 02, 2015, 04:55:14 PM
Well hi everybody. As you might guess I have been a very busy guy. I hear the buzz about the new price coming August 20th but I have been telling people about it and there is still plenty of time to join and be frozen at the five buck price. It is the Time Travel people who allow the live show to be free so we think it is still a good deal. This was only done after we were able to figure expense for operating.

When you do this for yourself, you pay for it yourself. Many people have the Idea that the Internet is free, they are wrong!

BTW, first person to figure out our new Producer gets a gold star.

Art
G Gordon Liddy?

Art Bell

The goal is to support the live free show and after looking at expenses this is what we came up with, the App is in the works but getting something written and past the Apple tests will take some time. If anybody is upset with the price hike for new members only after August 20th they can listen for free and we want to keep it that way.

Art

Sabu2K

Quote from: Art Bell on August 02, 2015, 08:47:10 PM
The goal is to support the live free show and after looking at expenses this is what we came up with, the App is in the works but getting something written and past the Apple tests will take some time. If anybody is upset with the price hike for new members only after August 20th they can listen for free and we want to keep it that way.

Art

You should think about doing a bi weekly chat for time travelers..or a secret open lines # for us so we can have better shot at getting thru..or you could just send us cookies..i'm good with anything except oatmeal...

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sabu2K on August 02, 2015, 08:53:48 PM
You should think about doing a bi weekly chat for time travelers..or a secret open lines # for us so we can have better shot at getting thru..or you could just send us cookies..i'm good with anything except oatmeal...
I'll settle for oatmeal raisin

Art Bell

In fact if there are any crack programmers out there who can help, please contact webmaster@artbell.com

Art

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on August 02, 2015, 09:05:05 PM
In fact if there are any crack programmers out there who can help, please contact webmaster@artbell.com

Art
Excellent idea!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 02, 2015, 08:21:44 PM
I'm guessing it has to be either Curtis or Fort Rock
Ed Dames has RV'd that it's him so it isn't him.

Quote from: Sabu2K on August 02, 2015, 08:53:48 PM

I'd really like to get an autographed something or another. I'd pay extra for it, wish it was some sort of option. Would help finance the show too.

Wonder if Curtis or micheal could help out with the tech aspect.

Quote from: Jackstar on August 02, 2015, 08:16:16 PM
(Wells is totally kinda like Bowie.)

Hey, congratulations! You've just made the single most asinine comment ever on Bellgab!!!!!! Now go squeeze John B's jizz out of your fundament.