• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 24, 2015, 10:33:34 AM
I think the "sky fairy" made it.  ;)

He sounds resourceful, it's a pity he couldn't have managed to miracle his ass off the cross at the same time.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 24, 2015, 10:33:34 AM
I think the "sky fairy" made it.  ;)

P.S. You should get outside. Get some sunshine. It`ll help.

Unlikely, it's been raining all day. That's what I get for being a miserable sinner. Pray for me!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 24, 2015, 10:36:20 AM
He sounds resourceful, it's a pity he couldn't have managed to miracle his ass off the cross at the same time.

Perhaps he figured rising from the dead after being buried for 3 days is a bit more noteworthy.  :-\

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 24, 2015, 10:37:40 AM
Unlikely, it's been raining all day. That's what I get for being a miserable sinner. Pray for me!

We`re all miserable sinners, brother! Still hope for you, though. ;)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 24, 2015, 10:40:49 AM
Perhaps he figured rising from the dead after being buried for 3 days is a bit more noteworthy.  :-\

You make him sound like a theatre impresario. You think the Ascension made for better box office?

They should have sold tickets. Perhaps if one of those illiterate peasants who believed this guff had kept a stub we might not need to be having this fascinating little interchange of 'ideas'?

paladin1991

Quote from: onan on July 23, 2015, 09:49:49 PM
Boy or girl... MV is the dad... conjecture at your leisure.

MV is the dad...conjecture.....hmmmm.  Onan, know something we don't?

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 24, 2015, 10:45:07 AM
You make him sound like a theatre impresario. You think the Ascension made for better box office?

They should have sold tickets. Perhaps if one of those illiterate peasants who believed this guff had kept a stub we might not need to be having this fascinating little interchange of 'ideas'?

Oh, I suppose there`s a myriad of responses, most of which have been discussed already -- ad nauseam --  in this very forum.  But just for sheer fun, let`s just say that perhaps; maybe, the Shroud is that "ticket stub."

Hey, the light that made the image of the "sky fairy" was pretty bright! 8)

Hog

Quote from: jazmunda on July 24, 2015, 01:26:18 AM
Who's ready for some Open Lines?

Should Art do a special open lines night or just take calls?

Which special open lines topic would you like to hear?

https://youtu.be/mYk-9D8Kcbg
I would like a special "Open Lines" session of what peoples opinions are of the current/future of Human Space Travel and what people of North America and the world would like their respective Space Agencies to pursue. NASA-National Aeronautics and Space Administration, CSA-Canadian Space Agency, ESA-European Space Agency, Roscosmos-Russian Space Agency, JAXA-Japan plus the other 70+ Space Agencies around the world.

So far Canada and the USA along with Russia are funding the ISS until 2024.  It costs $66 million a seat to get non-Russian Astronauts to and from the ISS using Russian Soyuz rockets. The USA will again have human transfer in 2017 when its Boeing and SPace Explorations capsules and rockets will again allow the USA to send humans into space under the US's Commercial Crew program, which is similar to the Commercial Cargo system which now sends cargo to ISS.  This capability was lost in 2011 when the Space Transportation System (Space Shuttle) was retired. (Prematurely IMO).
In 2018 the Space Launch System which uses 4 Space Shuttle Main Engines and 2 Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters that have 5 segments of propellant instead of the shorter 4 segment SRB's used on the Shuttle stack.  The 1st edition of the SLS rocket will launch up to 70 tonnes, and in late 2020's the Block 2 version will stand taller than the Saturn V moon rocket and launch 130 tonnes of cargo.  There will be a cargo and crew version of the rocket.  1st cargo launch is scheduled for no later than November 2018, with the 1st crewed launch occurring in 2021.  These beasts will launch from the old Apollo/Shuttle Launch Complex 39B. The old Crawler Transporter (CT)will carry the SLS stack to the pad, though the crawler has ben upgraded from n 12,000,000 lb rating to a new 18 million lb lift rating. Each Crawler Transporter weighs about 5,900,000 lbs.

Many Shuttle infrastructure will be reused, there are 16 Space Shuttle Main Engines (AKA RS25D) which is enough for 4 SLS missions as these engines will not be reused like they were in Shuttle. Same for the Solid Rocket Boosters, they will be expended and fall into the Ocean, again unlike Shuttle where they parachuted back to the water and were recovered.

Just a little tidbit for those that think that NASA is overfunded and is a waste of taxpayer money.  Since NASA's inception in 1957, NASA has been budgeted less than $850 billion, this is less money than is budgeted for a single year of the US's military.  On average NASA gets less than half a penny for each federal tax dollar bill.  After John F Kennedy's "send a man to the Moon and return him safely home" speech, NASA funding went to a record high of 5.7 cents on every federal tax dollar.

Every Shuttle launch, the Hubble Space Telescope, Moon landings, New Horizons Pluto flyby every space probe, in fact every single thing with the NASA logo on it was accomplished with funding (on average) of less than 1/2 a cent on each federal tax dollar.  When polled, many Americans think that NASA is one of the largest receiver of federal tax dollars, on par with the military.  But in reality its not even close.

Calls from around the world hearing opinions of Spaceflight would be greatly interesting to me, and others I think.  Esp. with Earth 2.0 being discovered.

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 24, 2015, 09:26:17 AM
Sure.  It was my understanding that science deals in facts...

Usually.  Too often lately its been hijacked for political agendas

GravitySucks

Quote from: Hog on July 24, 2015, 12:31:22 PM
Every Shuttle launch, the Hubble Space Telescope, Moon landings, New Horizons Pluto flyby every space probe, in fact every single thing with the NASA logo on it was accomplished with funding (on average) of less than 1/2 a cent on each federal tax dollar.  When polled, many Americans think that NASA is one of the largest receiver of federal tax dollars, on par with the military.  But in reality its not even close.

Having spent 8 years in the USAF and 32 years working as a contractor at several different NASA Centers, I can attest to the truth of that statement.  Space toilets may be expensive, but NASA's funding hasn't even kept up with inflation. 

STS-4 was the first shuttle mission I worked on and we had reasonable budgets then.  A lot of money has been wasted over the last 10 years due to restarts and redirection by the administrations, but NASA does some amazing stuff when they know where they are supposed to go.  They are suffering right now because we don't know where we are going to go, but we know it won't be the moon (because that was the Bush plan).  We should be funding a return to the moon...imho. Build up the infrastructure for Mars while doing moon stuff.

chefist

http://www.cities929.com/

92.9 in Bloomington, IL dumped C2C and put MITD on! They carry a lot of PremRat shows like Rush, Hannity and Beck...but DUMPED DAVE! LOL One of many to come me thinks!  :D

No Quarter

Quote from: chefist on July 24, 2015, 02:15:25 PM

92.9 in Bloomington, IL dumped C2C and put MITD on! They carry a lot of PremRat shows like Rush, Hannity and Beck...but DUMPED DAVE! LOL One of many to come me thinks!  :D

Oh, that's hilarious!

Here's to many, many more!
(As a human being with at least a modicum of compassion for my fellow humans, shouldn't I feel guilty about this??   :-\    )

NightsAtSea

Quote from: No Quarter on July 24, 2015, 02:22:50 PM
Oh, that's hilarious!

Here's to many, many more!
(As a human being with at least a modicum of compassion for my fellow humans, shouldn't I feel guilty about this??   :-\    )

You were probably a mean baby.

No Quarter

Quote from: NightsAtSea on July 24, 2015, 02:29:09 PM
You were probably a mean baby.

Well, I certainly wasn't going to clean out my own diaper!

gabrielle

I just listened to last night's program again.  I have goosebumps.  Art has outdone himself all week.  I am so happy to be able to hear these programs.  What an absolute treat.  I simply can't get over how amazing this past week has been. 

BellBoy

Quote from: gabrielle on July 24, 2015, 03:10:45 PM
I simply can't get over how amazing this past week has been.

It's been "One Hell Of A Ride"... already (and we haven't even seen a "proper" open lines yet)

Catsmile

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 24, 2015, 11:02:04 AM

Oh, I suppose there`s a myriad of responses, most of which have been discussed already -- ad nauseam --  in this very forum.  But just for sheer fun, let`s just say that perhaps; maybe, the Shroud is that "ticket stub."

Hey, the light that made the image of the "sky fairy" was pretty bright! 8)

You bring it up ad nauseam.
It's been explained by science.
You simply reject the scientific data out of hand, and impose your belief system instead.
Don't you have some blood and body of Christ to chow on? To each their own.

Two addictions for the price of one. Can I get an amen!

gabrielle

Quote from: BellBoy on July 24, 2015, 03:13:43 PM
It's been "One Hell Of A Ride"... already (and we haven't even seen a "proper" open lines yet)

True.  I really didn't think Art could get better than he was in the past, but he has.  His guests have been fascinating.  Open lines should be a hoot.  I think Art could take each sentence from last night's guest and have a separate show on each one.  This ride is "spinning" my brains.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Catsmile on July 24, 2015, 03:17:36 PM

You bring it up ad nauseam.
It's been explained by science.
You simply reject the scientific data out of hand, and impose your belief system instead.
Don't you have some blood and body of Christ to chow on? To each their own.

Two addictions for the price of one. Can I get an amen!

In so many ways the god of the bible is a cruel and nasty piece of work.  You'd think we'd have found a better one. 
Is faith good for a man's heart?  Perhaps.  I think it can help to keep people on a positive track.  I just wish they would not feel obliged to swallow so much myth in the process.  If something sounds implausible to you, and you have not experienced it, why believe it?  And, for heaven's sake, don't try to force others to live by your concept of what life should be.  As long as they are not harming others, it's none of your business.  Keep it to yourself.  If your religion were so great, folks would flock to you, asking you the secret of such a beautiful life. 

CornyCrow

Are there any who remember the Peter Gun overture?  I think it might be good radio music for the show.

ItsOver

Ha!  And another domino falls.  Art, with The Scorpion Army, marches on.  We're coming for you, Dave!

aldousburbank

Tonight I am listening to open lines from the planetary capital of fun, sun, sex, and secrets!  :-X

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 24, 2015, 03:54:32 PM
Tonight I am listening to open lines from the planetary capital of fun, sun, sex, and secrets!  :-X

Boise?

BellBoy

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 24, 2015, 03:54:32 PM

Falkie's couch?

VegasI15

In 9-12 months Art will be on more stations than Dave.  That's my early prediction for 2016. 

Mastodonkey

As far as open lines go. Friday is enough. But if a guest bails or something having another open lines show here or there would be cool. I don't necessarily want more open lines though. I want great guests.

And I think redacted should do open lines with Art on occasion.

ItsOver

Quote from: VegasI15 on July 24, 2015, 04:00:33 PM
In 9-12 months Art will be on more stations than Dave.  That's my early prediction for 2016.
Ding, ding, ding!!!

Hey everyone, long time no post.

Where can I find a list of the upcoming guests? Or is there one?

Thanks

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: guildnavigator on July 24, 2015, 04:25:12 PM

Thanks

http://artbell.com/guests-by-date/

Art only posts what the guest is I believe it's the day of, to keep the competition guessing.

onan

Quote from: guildnavigator on July 24, 2015, 04:25:12 PM

Thanks

Welcome back bud. You can't leave again.