• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: NIN on July 17, 2015, 08:48:56 PM
Art will be on c2c with george knap lmao. That would be a kick to the balls for dave lmao
The C2C site still has Dave.  And Gef the Talking Mongoose. ::)

WOTR

Quote from: Kolchak on July 17, 2015, 08:51:01 PM
Great show.

Jeff Rice, the creator of the character, died in the beginning of this month in Vegas. He never did much after the two Night Stalker novels, but pop culture owes him a debt of gratitude.
It is amazing how many people who contributed so much and influenced so many are almost completely unknown and unappreciated by people today.  I had spent forever looking at the music of so many who contributed to Rock and Roll who are almost completely unknown.

Love sister Rosetta Tharpe.  She is older here- but she started so long before anybody had heard of Elvis or the big bopper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR2gR6SZC2M

phrodo

Surely Art isn't waiting for page 1666 to pop the news?

Edit  - well it's here.... that came quick.  :o

phrodo

Quote from: lonevoice on July 17, 2015, 09:04:44 PM
haha...I do!

And the ti... er - hits just keep on coming.

Faustina

Quote from: WOTR on July 17, 2015, 08:31:43 PM
Neat... Unless it is a mixer, I just do not use ice.  Just a tiny splash of water to get it right where I like it... Perfect.

Perhaps I ought to try ice when the temperature really spikes one day.  Maybe it would be good?  Any thoughts?

Anyhow, I just had a thought... Has anybody checked WB60BB for a sign of Art? ;)

Is bourbon similar to scotch?  Never had it, although I've had scotch plenty of times.

Hog

From the CFRB 1010 AM Toronto Ontario Canada site. 
http://www.newstalk1010.com/shows/art-bell.aspx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
About

The king of paranormal radio, Art Bell, is returning to your radio with a new show entitled “Midnight in the Desert”.  The show airs live from midnight to 3am Monday to Friday (airwaves only).

Art Bell is an American broadcaster and author known as one of the founders and the original host of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM. On his new show Midnight in the Desert Art will continue to focus on discussing the paranormal, science, myths and conspiracies. Of course phone calls from around the world and interviews with newsmakers will continue to play a key role in this exciting show.

Find out more about this show at artbell.com.

If you would like to send your feedback regarding this show please send an email to:  mike.bendixen@bellmedia.ca.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looks like they WILL be shutting their streaming down during MITD. (EDIT: At the very least they wont be streaming MITD during that timeslot-I get 1010AM 5 on 5 at a range of about 125 miles)

ge30542

Quote from: Faustina on July 17, 2015, 09:16:37 PM

Is bourbon similar to scotch?  Never had it, although I've had scotch plenty of times.
Bourbon is tastier.

jerry

Maybe I have had the wrong kind, but scotch tastes like something you would strip varnish with to me  :-[

Faustina

Quote from: NIN on July 17, 2015, 08:48:56 PM
Art will be on c2c with george knap lmao. That would be a kick to the balls for dave lmao

Cannot see that happening.  My guess is that Art is being interviewed by George Knapp on the 11pm local news station.

ge30542

Is this interview to have occurred on this date?

Hog

Ground Zero is a repeat show tonight, so no Art Bell interview there tonight.

PING

Quote from: Étouffée on July 17, 2015, 08:08:23 PM
Speaking of Bateman, Red Eye Radio is owned by ABC and is geared to truckers and is a natural, BUT, if it's the place then the interview will be after midnight and thus on Saturday.  I'd still like Alan Colmes to do the interview.  Anyone taking bets?

Doesn't Ross Mitchell do the voiceovers for Red Eye? He'd be a link to that show & might get Art on, but why would they give publicity to a show that would be on against 2 hours of their (horrid) show?

Cwn Annwn

I like to drink bourbon during the night or day, but I only drink scotch during the day or night. It's hard to pick between them but if I was only able to have one I'd definitely just take both.

Hog

It's all about the ingredients.
Scotch:
Since all whiskey is made from fermented grain mash, Scotch will obviously be no exception. To qualify as a scotch the spirit must be made from malted Barley, with many scotches using nothing more than barley, water and yeast. You are allowed to include whole grains of other cereals as well as caramel colouring. No fermentation additives or short-cuts permitted.

The spirit must also be aged in oak casks for no less than three years, and must have an ABV at less than 94.8%. Finally, you cannot call your drink Scotch unless it was made 100% in Scotland, from Scotland.

Bourban:
Bourbon whiskey must be made from a grain mixture which is at least 51% corn. The fermentation process for this mixture is often started by mixing in some mash from an older already fermenting batch, a process known as sour mash.

Much like how Scotch must be made in Scotland, Bourbon can only be labeled as Bourbon if it was made in the United States. While the rules are slightly more loose with Bourbon than with Scotch it still has to conform to a few requirements.

The spirit must be distilled to no more than 80% alcohol (160 proof) and be no more than 62.5% when put into casks for aging in new charred oak barrels. Finally Bourbon has no minimum aging period, but to call your product Straight B2ourbon it must be aged for no less than two years (and can have no added coloring, flavor or other spirits added).

Blended bourbon is permitted to contain coloring, flavoring and other spirits, as long as 51% of the mix is straight bourbon. The age on the bottle of blended bourbon must be the age of the youngest whiskey in the mix.

ge30542

Is Art appearing on Jimmys Kimmel or Fallon?

Faustina

Quote from: Hog on July 17, 2015, 09:26:06 PM
It's all about the ingredients.
Scotch:
Since all whiskey is made from fermented grain mash, Scotch will obviously be no exception. To qualify as a scotch the spirit must be made from malted Barley, with many scotches using nothing more than barley, water and yeast. You are allowed to include whole grains of other cereals as well as caramel colouring. No fermentation additives or short-cuts permitted.

The spirit must also be aged in oak casks for no less than three years, and must have an ABV at less than 94.8%. Finally, you cannot call your drink Scotch unless it was made 100% in Scotland, from Scotland.

Bourban:
Bourbon whiskey must be made from a grain mixture which is at least 51% corn. The fermentation process for this mixture is often started by mixing in some mash from an older already fermenting batch, a process known as sour mash.

Much like how Scotch must be made in Scotland, Bourbon can only be labeled as Bourbon if it was made in the United States. While the rules are slightly more loose with Bourbon than with Scotch it still has to conform to a few requirements.

The spirit must be distilled to no more than 80% alcohol (160 proof) and be no more than 62.5% when put into casks for aging in new charred oak barrels. Finally Bourbon has no minimum aging period, but to call your product Straight B2ourbon it must be aged for no less than two years (and can have no added coloring, flavor or other spirits added).

Blended bourbon is permitted to contain coloring, flavoring and other spirits, as long as 51% of the mix is straight bourbon. The age on the bottle of blended bourbon must be the age of the youngest whiskey in the mix.

Thanks for the info!  I find scotch a tad too sweet.  Is bourbon less so?

starrmtn001

There's an Art Bell imposter in UFO Chat!

Kolchak

Quote from: Faustina on July 17, 2015, 09:29:50 PM

Thanks for the info!  I find scotch a tad too sweet.  Is bourbon less so?

Sounds like you need a malt with more peat.

WOTR

Yipes... Now we get into some very dangerous territory (I'm likely to be torn to shreds.)  Scotch is (IMO) more varied.  There are more "finishes" available, a far wider range of ages (readily available) and everything from non peated to peat monsters.  The less peated ones can be quite subtle.

Bourbon is not as subtle (it kicks you upside the head and announces that you are drinking it...)  There are many different "mash bills" with various types of grain used in differing proportions (mostly corn) where scotch is very regulated.  Bourbon has to be aged in new oak where scotch can be the 20th fill and the wood does not add much.  This gives it some real "wood" kick.  Also, it is aged at around 60% and that influences the flavour...

They are completely different beasts and each deserves to be tried at least a few times to understand the range and complexity...

Zenman

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 17, 2015, 09:31:28 PM

Yes. Sacrilege!

ETA: He just got booted.

starrmtn001

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 17, 2015, 09:31:28 PM
He's gone now.  Redacted booted him out! ;D

Art Bell

Listen to WABC at 9pm PT Midnight ET that's 30 minutes from now

Art

Spinner

From Art's FB page:

News FeedArt Bell2 mins · Listen to WABC At 12AM
That's 30 minutes from now.
Art22 Likes3 Comments