• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

IcicleTrepan

Found this cool site today http://lightyear.fm/

according to that, 20 light years away, someone cold be receiving broadcasts from 1995.  If there's anybody out there, they could be listening to some Art Bell live right now :)

chefist

Is Art officially out of his non-compete today?

Quote from: chefist on July 16, 2015, 09:19:50 AM

I believe so.

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on July 16, 2015, 09:19:50 AM
That is an affirmative. Probably at midnight tonight though. Excellent  8)

BellBoy

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on July 16, 2015, 09:18:06 AM

according to that, 20 light years away, someone cold be receiving broadcasts from 1995.  If there's anybody out there, they could be listening to some Art Bell live right now :)

That explains why I've often felt that I'm about 40-50 light years out. (Could be all that chemical entertainment in my youth though...)

No Quarter

that means someone 30 light years away is seeing our 80's music videos

gawd, help us all....

BobGrau

Cool site, but the music makes it unbearable. (Probably what aliens say about Earth, in fact)

lrgmnky

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 16, 2015, 09:21:23 AM
I believe so.

Hi Bellgab.  How are you?

I've been lurking forever but I thought this morning I should join in before things get REALLY crazy around here then the one question I was going to ask got answered three posts earlier.   :)

That is all...

Needle woman

Quote from: lrgmnky on July 16, 2015, 10:01:21 AM

I've been lurking forever but I thought this morning I should join in before things get REALLY crazy around here then the one question I was going to ask got answered three posts earlier.   :)

That is all...

Irgmnky, welcome!  You've joined us just in time!  Lots of fun here. It's a bit crazy at times, keeps me laughing.  Post often. 😊

onan

Quote from: lrgmnky on July 16, 2015, 10:01:21 AM

That is all...

Welcome, have fun. The line for the Art Bell funtastic roller coaster seesaw is about to board.

Quote from: No Quarter on July 16, 2015, 09:49:29 AM
that means someone 30 light years away is seeing our 80's music videos

gawd, help us all....

Maybe the aliens can figure out for us what "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight" means.

PaulAtreides

I bet they can't wait for the Noory stream. 

No Quarter

Quote from: PaulAtreides on July 16, 2015, 10:50:55 AM
I bet they can't wait for the Noory stream.

the human race may be in real danger if they ever hear that

Lunger

Radio signals degrade too much for this to happen

No Quarter

Quote from: Lunger on July 16, 2015, 11:15:12 AM
Radio signals degrade too much for this to happen

unless their ships are parked somewhere in our solar system   8)

Art Bell, did you ever interview this man or meet him?
Ambassador Merlin Merlyn II -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As7wtt9wMt0

paladin1991

Quote from: WOTR on July 16, 2015, 12:55:09 AM
The Wind No Longer Blows, in the End it was Without Direction. Long Live the Hot Air. 30

I remember when I first read that.  I felt...empty.  Later, I poured myself a Scotch.  No ice.  Figured without the wind blowing and without direction....I just didn't deserve ice.

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 16, 2015, 03:04:57 AM
The only time Dave's made it rain is in a gay strip club.  tommy drove, split a hotdog and some meatballs btwn them.  Then they left.

Fixed

chefist

Dave was lurking as soon as he was done with his show this morning!

paladin1991

Quote from: NIN on July 16, 2015, 07:59:23 AM
I long for the day when Art goes on the air with Midnight in the Desert and tells us the heart breaking news that c2c is losing listeners and says those immortal words " looks like dave is winding down folks, hes winding down".

Oh Lord, let me live long enough to hear those words!  Can't take more than a week or two, right?

albrecht

Quote from: No Quarter on July 16, 2015, 11:48:47 AM
unless their ships are parked somewhere in our solar system   8)
But those types of radio waves don't travel well underwater, so the UFO/USO are lucky and they don't need to here that music.

paladin1991

Quote from: Northern Nights on July 16, 2015, 10:19:03 AM
Maybe the aliens can figure out for us what "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight" means.

It is actually a song of Prophecy.  If you study it, it will lead to a certain confluence of events, a virtual EVENT HORIZON on the 20th of July, 2015.  So get your Wang ready baby, cause we're gonna Chung.  OH yes, we're gonna.

Is Art going to talk about The Quickening on his new show?

Faustina

Quote from: chefist on July 16, 2015, 12:08:35 PM
Dave was lurking as soon as he was done with his show this morning!

He was briefly in the Bella-Haven chat last night too.  Probably hoping to find out what radio show Art is going to be a guest  on tomorrow so that he can have his minions sabotage it.

chefist

Quote from: Faustina on July 16, 2015, 12:57:33 PM

He was briefly in the Bella-Haven chat last night too.  Probably hoping to find out what radio show Art is going to be a guest  on tomorrow so that he can have his minions sabotage it.
That is very interesting! Did everyone notice in the chat?

Quote from: Faustina on July 16, 2015, 12:57:33 PM

I don't understand why he would use his real name.

Quote from: gdwarner on July 16, 2015, 02:31:35 AM
You can actually see everything happening in real time.

In fact, there used to be something called, "The GCP Dot," which would change colors when something was going on to match the incoming data to the EGGs (that's "Electronic GaiaGram" for the curious). I put up a page on my website to track the dot, but unfortunately there was some sort of problem with it, so it's down right now, but you can still see what the colors mean if it was working:

http://www.cheapandsleazy.net/gcp.html

I think the Dot has been down for about a year now.

Oh okay.  Well that's pretty interesting.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: maureen on July 10, 2015, 11:23:37 AM
;D
"We belong to the Mutual Admiration Society...my baby and me"
or
"Double, double, toil and trouble.... when shall we three meet again?"

You are too kind, Roswells Art, ... I blush  :-[

I'm also going to have to add Zenman to the list. I don't think I can handle this.